Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,843 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:05 AM

Aba, From Eye Of The Camera - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aba, From Eye Of The Camera (5515 Views)

Nike Animashaun: The Lady In The Eye Of The Storm Between Tinubu And Kachikwu. / Mbeki, Muazu, IBB, Abdulsalam Abubakar Pose For The Camera (photo) / Buhahri Is On Cnn Now ,afraid To To Look Up And Face The Camera (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aba, From Eye Of The Camera by Alphaoscar: 6:30pm On Nov 22, 2014
o42austino:
Dgjj

Aba oni baje ooooooooooooooooo grin grin grin grin cool cool cool cool
Re: Aba, From Eye Of The Camera by tit(f): 6:40pm On Nov 22, 2014
o42austino:
i dont think is abt PDP, i think is abt people with bad heart, Sullivan of Enugu state is a PDP Governor but he performed well, i think Aba people shld try and kp their city clean and pray for Good governace

there are shops with licneses from local governments in most of the dirty streets.
The authority which issues licenses and collects money should be responsible for cleaning the streets.
this does not stop "human beings" from cleaning up their immediate environment and not building houses in swamps.
Re: Aba, From Eye Of The Camera by Collynzo9: 7:06pm On Nov 22, 2014
naijaking1:
Imagine where Aba, the Enyimba city was allowed, empowered, and free to run its own affairs without undue interference form national and state governments? That city would easily rival Hong Kong and Taiwan. Despite all the shortcoming, the indomitable spirit of Aba residents are everywhere to be seen and even appreciated.
Aba, like all great Nigerian cities will rise again, when they are able to elect responsible leaders of their people. It will happen one day!
Is it the National or state government that is preventing the people of Aba from dumping their wastes properly? An average ABA man will not mind living or doing business in the middle of filth as long as he makes money from it. Some even boast of how they make millions from doing business in a dirty and filthy environment while those who work in air conditioned offices do not even make half as much.
No matter how good the intention of the next governor is, he will have a lot of work to do in the area of sensitizing Aba people on the need to keep their environment clean, Ohakim's massive clean and green initiative in Owerri comes to mind. The next governor while spending billions on the reconstruction of roads amd management of wastes, will need to spend millions orientating Aba people on the importance of keeping their environment clean.

1 Like

Re: Aba, From Eye Of The Camera by juman(m): 7:08pm On Nov 22, 2014
Unemadu:

Nothing normal here. Im ashamed.

I am also ashamed and sad, but that is the situation in nigeria where we have useless leaders.
Re: Aba, From Eye Of The Camera by Collynzo9: 7:11pm On Nov 22, 2014
o42austino:
i dont think is abt PDP, i think is abt people with bad heart, Sullivan of Enugu state is a PDP Governor but he performed well, i think Aba people shld try and kp their city clean and pray for Good governace
The bolded is exactly my point above.
Re: Aba, From Eye Of The Camera by naijaking1: 8:09pm On Nov 22, 2014
o42austino:

Oh, now I get you!
You should have just let your camera speak for itself, instead of evangalizing on what you don't know.
There is no question Aba is down and dirty compared to it's former self, but that's life: ups and downs.
However, there are worse cities in Nigeria and Africa as a whole, but Aba could be better. The decay did not start overnight, and it wouldn't be improved overnight either.
If you understand what kills cities and builds cities, you'll be in a better position to see the problem.
Don't generalize problems to the people, because on the average, people like clean environments, but whatever makes them accept a slum and dirt needs to be understood, not condemned blindly.
Re: Aba, From Eye Of The Camera by o42austino(m): 9:55pm On Nov 22, 2014
peleson:
What do u expect from a governor who was in kirikiri prison before and after his election. Who was used by orji Kalu for ritual in okija shrine! He can't perform now because his hands n eyes are tied both spiritually and jujuCALLY lolz aba has suffered more in this democracy since 1999
lol....u funny die

1 Like

Re: Aba, From Eye Of The Camera by o42austino(m): 10:00pm On Nov 22, 2014
naijaking1:
Imagine where Aba, the Enyimba city was allowed, empowered, and free to run its own affairs without undue interference form national and state governments? That city would easily rival Hong Kong and Taiwan. Despite all the shortcoming, the indomitable spirit of Aba residents are everywhere to be seen and even appreciated.
Aba, like all great Nigerian cities will rise again, when they are able to elect responsible leaders of their people. It will happen one day!
True, Aba as a city can survive on its own if d resourceses gotten from dat city is used for its development but more shld be done to educate d residents of Aba on sanitation, they need it badly.
Re: Aba, From Eye Of The Camera by o42austino(m): 10:02pm On Nov 22, 2014
juman:
This is normal nigerian town.
Thats not true, my Enugu look superb.
Re: Aba, From Eye Of The Camera by o42austino(m): 10:05pm On Nov 22, 2014
InyinyaAgbaOku:

how many times will Aba threads be made here? what have you achieved with the ones you made already?
my business is not how many aba thread on Nairaland but am only reporting what i saw.

1 Like

Re: Aba, From Eye Of The Camera by lonelydora: 10:06pm On Nov 22, 2014
Go to Obohia or Ngwa Road and see for yourself.
Re: Aba, From Eye Of The Camera by o42austino(m): 10:12pm On Nov 22, 2014
tit:

there are shops with licneses from local governments in most of the dirty streets.
The authority which issues licenses and collects money should be responsible for cleaning the streets.
this does not stop "human beings" from cleaning up their immediate environment and not building houses in swamps.
yes the L.G.A that collects levy shld be responsible for cleaning d street but those shop owners that their shops are facing those street shld do more by cleaning the front of their shop every morning and the market association shld dedicated two day of d months for clean up of their market places, i notice that most streets has drainage system but all are blocked making waste water flowing freely on d street, Aba people are dirty and they need change it.
Re: Aba, From Eye Of The Camera by o42austino(m): 10:14pm On Nov 22, 2014
Collynzo9:

Is it the National or state government that is preventing the people of Aba from dumping their wastes properly? An average ABA man will not mind living or doing business in the middle of filth as long as he makes money from it. Some even boast of how they make millions from doing business in a dirty and filthy environment while those who work in air conditioned offices do not even make half as much.
No matter how good the intention of the next governor is, he will have a lot of work to do in the area of sensitizing Aba people on the need to keep their environment clean, Ohakim's massive clean and green initiative in Owerri comes to mind. The next governor while spending billions on the reconstruction of roads amd management of wastes, will need to spend millions orientating Aba people on the importance of keeping their environment clean.
ur spot on, thsts my observation too.

3 Likes

Re: Aba, From Eye Of The Camera by o42austino(m): 10:20pm On Nov 22, 2014
naijaking1:

Oh, now I get you!
You should have just let your camera speak for itself, instead of evangalizing on what you don't know.
There is no question Aba is down and dirty compared to it's former self, but that's life: ups and downs.
However, there are worse cities in Nigeria and Africa as a whole, but Aba could be better. The decay did not start overnight, and it wouldn't be improved overnight either.
If you understand what kills cities and builds cities, you'll be in a better position to see the problem.
Don't generalize problems to the people, because on the average, people like clean environments, but whatever makes them accept a slum and dirt needs to be understood, not condemned blindly.
i understand ur point but, i did alot of trekking b4 i got all this pix, in d process i spoke to many Aba people who saw me snapping and wants to knw why, they blamed T.A Orji but mostly on d attitude of an average Aba resident.
Re: Aba, From Eye Of The Camera by o42austino(m): 10:22pm On Nov 22, 2014
lonelydora:
Go to Obohia or Ngwa Road and see for yourself.
What will i see there, i planned on going to Aba every month or every two months for bizness and i will like to check it out.
Re: Aba, From Eye Of The Camera by kel4soft: 12:17am On Nov 23, 2014
PhockPhockMan:
Op, you're foolish, what do you want to prove? Lagos state, the pride of those people you want to impress, has worse places than this.

This is Creek Road, one of many bad roads in Port Harcourt, River state capital.

https://www.nairaland.com/1941204/photo-news-amechis-loads-failed

You be really small pikin. Wetin concern Amaechi here you muuuug.

1 Like

Re: Aba, From Eye Of The Camera by o42austino(m): 9:57am On Nov 23, 2014
naijaking1:

Oh, now I get you!
I think i shld kp quite on this thread and let other people comment.
Re: Aba, From Eye Of The Camera by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 12:59pm On Nov 23, 2014
o42austino:
my business is not how many aba thread on Nairaland but am only reporting what i saw.

how many of you are gonna report same tnz
Re: Aba, From Eye Of The Camera by o42austino(m): 1:30pm On Nov 23, 2014
InyinyaAgbaOku:

how many of you are gonna report same tnz
we will keep reporting till something gud happens to ndi Aba.
Re: Aba, From Eye Of The Camera by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 1:40pm On Nov 23, 2014
o42austino:
we will keep reporting till something gud happens to ndi Aba.

isn't it obvious this governor won't do anything abt it?
Re: Aba, From Eye Of The Camera by zimoni(f): 2:27pm On Nov 23, 2014
Na wah oooo

Since 1999 oooooooo.

Abia is one of the unfortunates states in Nigeria despite the huge resources the state has.
Re: Aba, From Eye Of The Camera by cjrane: 7:56pm On Nov 23, 2014
Such a shame what Aba has been abandoned to become.

I remember the days when people that lived in Aba were rated to be living in a better city than those living in Owerri, Onitsha or Enugu!

I pray the the great Enyimba city shall recover from this most cruel abandonment.

If Aba regains her rightful place as a great commercial and industrial city, it will augur well for the entire Nigerian economy.
Re: Aba, From Eye Of The Camera by omoreminder2: 10:19pm On Nov 23, 2014
Collynzo9:

The bolded is exactly my point above.

Did u get my message?
Re: Aba, From Eye Of The Camera by Collynzo9: 10:27am On Nov 24, 2014
omoreminder2:

Did u get my message?
No, send to collynzogonzales@hushmail.com.
how far?
Re: Aba, From Eye Of The Camera by Extractor101: 12:19pm On Nov 24, 2014
Collynzo9:

No, send to collynzogonzales@hushmail.com.

Lolzzzz

1 Like

Re: Aba, From Eye Of The Camera by o42austino(m): 10:11pm On Dec 05, 2014
cjrane:

I remember the days when people that lived in Aba were rated to be living in a better city than those living in Owerri, Onitsha or Enugu!

I pray the the great Enyimba city shall recover from this most cruel abandonment.

If Aba regains her rightful place as a great commercial and industrial city, it will augur well for the entire Nigerian economy.
gone are does day, we need good Leadear, someone that can develop the that state like Mr.Oga
Re: Aba, From Eye Of The Camera by Abagworo(m): 10:56pm On Dec 05, 2014
cjrane:

There has never been a day Aba was more liveable than Enugu or Owerri. Even Umuahia is more livable. Aba has always been grouped with Onitsha. It has been more of dirty commercial city with overstretched infrastructure. It is still what it is without improvement in infrastructure thats all. Nothing can be done to make Aba like Owerri or Enugu as the population is much and they build Igbotic houses more than duplex. What is needed is just good roads and clean environment as well as transforming those lockup markets to shopping malls with clean and air-conditioned environment.

Re: Aba, From Eye Of The Camera by oneeast: 11:07pm On Dec 05, 2014
Phoolish old man stop mentioning any part of Anambra in your tirade because we are ahead of you. Owerre is not livable because it is a town filled with prostitutes and decaying infrastructure.

This is just the beginning.

Abagworo:

There has never been a day Aba was more liveable than Enugu or Owerri. Even Umuahia is more livable. Aba has always been grouped with Onitsha. It has been more of dirty commercial city with overstretched infrastructure. It is still what it is without improvement in infrastructure thats all. Nothing can be done to make Aba like Owerri or Enugu as the population is much and they build Igbotic houses more than duplex. What is needed is just good roads and clean environment as well as transforming those lockup markets to shopping malls with clean and air-conditioned environment.

Re: Aba, From Eye Of The Camera by o42austino(m): 10:01pm On Dec 07, 2014
oneeast:
Phoolish old man stop mentioning any part of Anambra in your tirade because we are ahead of you. Owerre is not livable because it is a town filled with prostitutes and decaying infrastructure.

This is just the beginning.

when it come to the most dirty city in Naija,Aba is in d league of its own.

1 Like

Re: Aba, From Eye Of The Camera by ICHINONYE(m): 10:48pm On Dec 07, 2014
Aba I cry, Abia I weep more,may God punish d Orjis for puting us in dis place, 16yrs and diers noting to show or write home about. Thiefss
Re: Aba, From Eye Of The Camera by o42austino(m): 12:58pm On Dec 12, 2014
ICHINONYE:
Aba I cry, Abia I weep more,may God punish d Orjis for puting us in dis place, 16yrs and diers noting to show or write home about. Thiefss
God will punish them, I think Nigeria shld reject all this old men that wants to be Governor, they cant develop their states but,watch d young ones like Mr.Chime and Mr.Fash and u will see what happens when d younger politicians lead.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Worst States To Live In Nigeria, In 2017 / Pictures of Alleged Buhari underaged voters / How Osinbajo Saved Me From Toronto Certificate Scandal - Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.