Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,327 members, 7,808,099 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:13 AM

Awolowo-the Great Your Name Will Never Erase In The Book Of Africa History - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Awolowo-the Great Your Name Will Never Erase In The Book Of Africa History (360 Views)

See The Book Recommended By My Neighbours School For Her 7yr Son / CV Of Africa's youngest PH.D holder Olaoluwa Hallowed Oluwadara (Screen Shot ) / Collated Pictures Of The Great Obafemi Awolowo University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Awolowo-the Great Your Name Will Never Erase In The Book Of Africa History by johnmartus(m): 3:40pm On Nov 22, 2014
This is another remark made by one bio ibrahim fomer minister of education during the olusegun obasanjo regimes bio also jostling for governorship ticket under the umbrella of people democratic party(p.d.p) in kwara state this assertion was credited to bio during his campaign in ilorin

"If am elected governor of Kwara State, education will be my
major priority. That is why I admire late Chief Obafemi
Awolowo and the people of the South West of Nigeria. Chief
Awolowo was a visionary leader. He saw the importance of
education long before any other person and that was why he
made education free and compulsory. This is a legacy that
nobody can take away from the Yorubas. If you have
education, you have everything. Poverty is low in the South
West today because of education. A Yoruba man is a
government worker, self-employed, business man or artisan.
With education, Awolowo made Yorubas the leaders of
Nigeria. I want to emulate him, achieve what he achieved and
even surpass it".
Re: Awolowo-the Great Your Name Will Never Erase In The Book Of Africa History by johnmartus(m): 4:17pm On Nov 22, 2014
I wonder what nigeria will remember jonathan for

(1) (Reply)

Get Admission Straight Into 200level. / The Appalling State Of The Government Day Sec School At Ilorin / Help! I Find It Hard To .......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.