Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,984 members, 7,799,360 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:37 PM

Nairaland Poetry Club (Launch Thread) - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nairaland Poetry Club (Launch Thread) (19225 Views)

Wole Soyinka And Wife At Amaechi's Book Launch (photos) / Nairaland Poetry Club Chatroom. / 'Americanah' By Chimamanda Adichie To Launch This Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Poetry Club (Launch Thread) by OMA4U(m): 6:35pm On Nov 23, 2014
godG:

You need to let's know what the membership requirements are.

Send a message to the number below.
Re: Nairaland Poetry Club (Launch Thread) by OMA4U(m): 6:36pm On Nov 23, 2014
LadyVida:
Lovely and great ideas, but am new, late and lost..

You're not lost, LadyVida.

If you're interested, send a message to the number below on whatsapp.
Re: Nairaland Poetry Club (Launch Thread) by OMA4U(m): 6:38pm On Nov 23, 2014
ikescope:
Wow!!...this is where I wanna be. smiley
What do I need do 2 make me a legitimate member?

Send a message to the number below on whatsapp. Thank you.
Re: Nairaland Poetry Club (Launch Thread) by Xphantom(m): 6:44pm On Nov 23, 2014
***runs off to call bad ass poet*** Chim-Non-So-Poetic
Re: Nairaland Poetry Club (Launch Thread) by Nobody: 6:51pm On Nov 23, 2014
This is nice. If literary works are not encouraged by our money making organizations like those in the telecoms and other sectors then it is our responsibility to fill in that gap. It would be nice if we also had poetry competitions. I am a member of Abuja Literary Society and it would be nice to let one of the poetry organizations in Nigeria in on it. Kudos to whoever birthed this idea.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Poetry Club (Launch Thread) by Nobody: 6:54pm On Nov 23, 2014
A world I admire so greatly
One that redefines my person
And ofcourse coupled with my thoughts
Believing of creativity it will forbear

Glad about this development and I will endeavor to follow it closely and learn along the way. Thanks ALL.

Regards,
Re: Nairaland Poetry Club (Launch Thread) by Oahray: 6:58pm On Nov 23, 2014
Laudable idea. It does seem a bit too formal and fast-paced though. Hope it can truly be sustained.
Re: Nairaland Poetry Club (Launch Thread) by Nobody: 6:59pm On Nov 23, 2014
Everyone can join and follow the club at it's chatroom. www.nairaland.com/2011764/nairaland-poetry-club-chatroom. Thanks
Ayamlaykorn

Ayamlaykorn
Re: Nairaland Poetry Club (Launch Thread) by UyiIredia(m): 6:59pm On Nov 23, 2014
I am sorry for not contributing. Its partly because of the cost of data plans on an Android.
Re: Nairaland Poetry Club (Launch Thread) by Nobody: 7:00pm On Nov 23, 2014
Yuzjet. The club will forever be grateful to you.
Ayamlaykorn
Re: Nairaland Poetry Club (Launch Thread) by Thebrightest(m): 7:01pm On Nov 23, 2014
holyboss:
grin grin

D one u dey chuk nose for my space undecided I no go borrow u O tongue tongue

Btw, ur like, u care to sell some 969957 Likes (like) 852 Shares (Share)
My likes and shares are for sales. Just 7k. Make your orders now while stock lasts
Re: Nairaland Poetry Club (Launch Thread) by ahika(m): 7:06pm On Nov 23, 2014
It's time to be active on Literature section. OMA4U. Expect my message on whatsapp.
Re: Nairaland Poetry Club (Launch Thread) by firestar(f): 7:15pm On Nov 23, 2014
bjims:
This is nice. If literary works are not encouraged by our money making organizations like those in the telecoms and other sectors then it is our responsibility to fill in that gap. It would be nice if we also had poetry competitions. I am a member of Abuja Literary Society and it would be nice to let one of the poetry organizations in Nigeria in on it. Kudos to whoever birthed this idea.

Now, that's an idea!
Re: Nairaland Poetry Club (Launch Thread) by OMA4U(m): 7:17pm On Nov 23, 2014
Xphantom:
***runs off to call bad ass poet*** Chim-Non-So-Poetic

Do you know Chimnonso? That guy is a badt poet. Double hands for him.
Re: Nairaland Poetry Club (Launch Thread) by Gladyys(f): 7:23pm On Nov 23, 2014
OMA4U:

I just sent you a text,have you seen it?
Re: Nairaland Poetry Club (Launch Thread) by OMA4U(m): 7:25pm On Nov 23, 2014
bjims:

Welcome, Sir.
Re: Nairaland Poetry Club (Launch Thread) by timpaker(m): 7:27pm On Nov 23, 2014
bjims:
Really? I am also a member. Maybe we could meet at the Book Jam this friday grin
Re: Nairaland Poetry Club (Launch Thread) by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 7:35pm On Nov 23, 2014
This is where I belong grin
Re: Nairaland Poetry Club (Launch Thread) by destante(f): 7:38pm On Nov 23, 2014
A times I just wish I was a good poet. sad
Poetry is a different world of its.
Re: Nairaland Poetry Club (Launch Thread) by Xphantom(m): 7:39pm On Nov 23, 2014
OMA4U:

Yea, I do, so you know him, mehn... That dude is a celebrity.
Re: Nairaland Poetry Club (Launch Thread) by Ikhilor(m): 7:46pm On Nov 23, 2014
I like poetry though not proficient in it. I like this thread subscribing. Thanks all.
Re: Nairaland Poetry Club (Launch Thread) by timpaker(m): 7:47pm On Nov 23, 2014
destante:
A times I just wish I was a good poet. sad
Poetry is a different world of its.
You can be groomed trust me!
Re: Nairaland Poetry Club (Launch Thread) by OMA4U(m): 7:47pm On Nov 23, 2014
Gladyys:

I just sent you a text,have you seen it?

My phone is dead. I will reply you as soon as I get it charged.
Re: Nairaland Poetry Club (Launch Thread) by Gladyys(f): 7:49pm On Nov 23, 2014
OMA4U:

O.k
Re: Nairaland Poetry Club (Launch Thread) by destante(f): 7:54pm On Nov 23, 2014
timpaker:
You can be groomed trust me!
Are you good at it?
Re: Nairaland Poetry Club (Launch Thread) by holyboss: 7:54pm On Nov 23, 2014
Thebrightest:
My likes and shares are for sales. Just 7k. Make your orders now while stock lasts
Ok! Boh hw abt us swap undecided ur likes my space tongue
Re: Nairaland Poetry Club (Launch Thread) by timpaker(m): 7:54pm On Nov 23, 2014
OMA4U:

Dead, really? When is the burial? cheesy
Re: Nairaland Poetry Club (Launch Thread) by timpaker(m): 7:57pm On Nov 23, 2014
destante:
Are you good at it?
Why not we give it a try and see. You can visit the Poems for Review Section, post your poem and get it analysed by poets.
Re: Nairaland Poetry Club (Launch Thread) by Abiolainfo: 7:59pm On Nov 23, 2014
OMA4U:
First of all, let us praise Almighty God for his grace and mercies to be alive today.

I am very pleased and excited to welcome everyone to the launching of Nairaland Poetry Club. On behalf of all NPC members, I extend my greeting and recognition to Seun Osewa, the Founder and CEO of Nairaland. God bless you, Creator. To our dear Mods and our VIP and all other invitees, I thank you for honouring our invitations. I also appreciate the viewers, guests, and ghost readers. Thank you all.

I will like to distinctively show deep acknowledgements to the our VIP guests on the high table:

* LARRYSUN: He's a Master of Literature, Commander of the Literary Force, The Grammarian, and prominent prose writer with significant, glamourous, mind blowing prose works. He is the well-known author of the Trilogy: The Brand of Cain, The Paradox of Abel, and The Taint of Judas (Coming soon) and Black Maria: A Tales of Two Thieves. I thank you so much, Sir.

*NOBLE4D: He's a great poet and teacher, who has impacted his students with great literary style and forms. He's always there to help us write better poetry. He's one of the judges of the just concluded Nairaland Collaborative Poetry Competition. Recently, Sir Noble has been appointed with another brilliant poet, Timpaker, as the patrons of NPC. Thank you for your advice to make this event a success.

*TIMPAKER: He's a veteran soldier of words, whose words are mighty enough to pull down Jericho and as well effective to build Rome. He's one of the just concluded Nairaland Collaborative Poetry Competition. He was also the winner of last year Poetry Competition (Organised by Cuddlemii) with his awesome poem, Seductress is Hapless. Thank you, my dear brother. *winks*

*TEXANOMALY: She's a wonderful poet and critic. She was the first to lecture us during the past Nairaland Writing Workshop organised by Divepen. Also, she's a member of the Editorial Board of Storried.com

*PRINCESA: This is also a talented prose writer as well as a poet. She has dazzled the literature section with beautiful literary works. She's the author of Taking Chances and her awesome poems radiate the poetry section. Visit the thread One Poem For The Road to read Princesa.

FIRESTAR: She's a veteran poet with distinct artistic style of constructing poem. Like Princesa, she has dazzled the literature section with beautiful literary works.

ROYVER: This is another Soldier of Words, who has blessed the literature section with awed stories like his popular I See Things Others Do Not See. This Doctor was the Winner of Nairaland Collaborative Poetry Competition along side with KRYSTALXXX.

KELVINGRAPHICS: I appreciate and recognise KELVINGRAPHICS, the designer of the advertising poster.

Please, pardon me to brief others.
COOGAR, JENNINMA, KRYSTALXXX, , SAMMYHOE, THEROCK555, MIZMYCOLI, ISHILOVE, AND IBIME. You are all welcome to the high table. Thank you once again.

NAIRALAND POETRY CLUB
VISION: To attain mastery and skills in the art of constructing beautiful poems.

MISION: Through rigorous teaching and learning from the Masters' works, NPC aims to reach out to Africa and the world at large through eloquent use of words.

MORE OBJECTIVES:
Monday: A poem will be chosen to study (Weekly rotation between African and Non-African Poems) and a theme/form will be chosen to write on incorporating the elements learnt from the chosen poem.

Tuesday/Wednesday: Discussion about the poem and the devices that make it unique.

Thursday/Friday: A conclusion on the analysis of the poem and it will be posted on NPC thread.

Saturday: Submission of poems by members from which two poems will be selected for NPC Anthology.

The last Saturday of every month, there will be collaborative poems among members. This is to create a unified voice among NPC members.

COMPETITION: It holds twice a year. (Mid-year: Collaborative Competition; End of the year: Individual Competition and the winner will be the poet of the year).

End of every year there will be NPC Anthology (Volume One for the first year. Hope to get it published)

Club President: Poet of the Year automatically qualifies and two other members will be nominated, followed by general votes. The President will take over and lead the members through another year.
OMA4U is the acting President of NPC.

Thank you all for your time. Thank you all NPC members for your supports and cooperation. Thank you Almighty God.

Abeg a don try. e no easy to type joor……..phew!

A poet makes himself a visionary through a long, boundless, and systematized disorganization of all the senses. All forms of love, of suffering, of madness; he searches himself, he exhausts within himself all poisons, and preserves their quintessences. Unspeakable torment, where he will need the greatest faith, a superhuman strength, where he becomes all men: the great invalid, the great criminal, the great accursed and the Supreme Scientist! For he attains the unknown! Because he has cultivated his soul, already rich, more than anyone! He attains the unknown, and, if demented, he finally loses the understanding of his visions, he will at least have seen them! So what if he is destroyed in his ecstatic flight through things unheard of, unnameable: other horrible workers will come; they will begin at the horizons where the first one has fallen! A present joy. #smiles

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Poetry Club (Launch Thread) by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 8:02pm On Nov 23, 2014
All I want is a pen, a paper and a chair to sit on...
Re: Nairaland Poetry Club (Launch Thread) by timpaker(m): 8:09pm On Nov 23, 2014
EMEKA1MILLION:
All I want is a pen, a paper and a chair to sit on...
You can have more than that when you visit that Poem for Review Section

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ezinne Ukoha: "I Don’t Write About Racism Because I Hate White People" / A Nairalander Poses With Obaseki As Governor Endorses His Book (Photos) / Innocent Ilo Wins 2020 Commonwealth Short-story For African Region

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.