Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,567 members, 7,809,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:12 PM

The Truths Obasanjo Failed To Tell Nigerians. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Truths Obasanjo Failed To Tell Nigerians. (9529 Views)

Fayose To FG: Tell Nigerians Owners Of REMITA / Buhari Should Tell Nigerians What He Forgot In Aso Rock - Patience Jonathan / Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Failed To Raise Capable Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Truths Obasanjo Failed To Tell Nigerians. by Nobody: 6:27pm On Nov 22, 2014
PhockPhockMan:
Liar, which road is that?
I bu onye Igbo? So you don't know the road I am talking about?

Ewooooo!!!

1 Like

Re: The Truths Obasanjo Failed To Tell Nigerians. by Nobody: 6:30pm On Nov 22, 2014
davitogreat:

Sadly Many African leaders think like you. People like you cannot seem to comprehend continuity in governance. Regardless of who starts a project, if the project is beneficial to the citizenry the responsibility is on the incoming government to continue and finish the project. This is what economists talk about when they cry for stable investment environments.

Why do you think international investors are afraid to establish long term investments in africa?

One of their fears is too many African leaders thinking like you. When they come into power they cancel and stall development projects by previous administrations because they want all the glory to themselves
. Now with your comment one really wonders if these African leaders are to blame for making such decisions. I guess the saying "you get the leaders you deserve" rings true for much of africa.

Also the rice and cassava initiatives are Jonathan's achievements and so is the lagos-kano railway, road projects,irrigation projects and soon to be commissioned eastern rail line. Many of the power plants also fall under Jonathans achievements since he also contributed in making them a reality.
oh come on , and we having investors willing to do business but yet the fed govt has refused to pass laws and policies. No govt cancels any project. Give me examples, they only delay it just as your present govt is doing.
Re: The Truths Obasanjo Failed To Tell Nigerians. by tobechi20(m): 6:31pm On Nov 22, 2014
Truth is.......obasanjo was a slave to notherners

goodluck has vowed never to be their slave

11 Likes

Re: The Truths Obasanjo Failed To Tell Nigerians. by PhockPhockMan: 6:31pm On Nov 22, 2014
majekdom2:
please don't be a party to the mediocrity you mentioned
What aviation industry is ranked best come up with facts, read this www.leeabbamonte.com/africa/the-5-best-airlines-in-africa.html.
we all heard about the crisis in NFF. Latest was the failure to qualify for the coming Afcon and you call that success.
My question is will you use the present rail system in nigeria . Pls be sincere. Will you use those cars. Why has the presidency and other govt officials not changed their officials cars to the ones produced in nigeria. Will you buy those cars. Why is the Peugeot company not encouraged to work with the local manufacturers so as to produce something of quality. These two presidents don't deserve any applaud.
You must be draft, so Toyota is good car?
That we failed to qualify for next afcon does not remove the fact that we're the defending champion both male and female.

3 Likes

Re: The Truths Obasanjo Failed To Tell Nigerians. by PhockPhockMan: 6:32pm On Nov 22, 2014
berem:
I bu onye Igbo? So you don't know the road I am talking about?

Ewooooo!!!
Tell me I didn't know?
Re: The Truths Obasanjo Failed To Tell Nigerians. by Nobody: 6:33pm On Nov 22, 2014
PhockPhockMan:
Unfortunately, we don't have better alternative for now.
We can never hand over our country to terrorists.
who named them terrorist , you and your likes I guess. There are other parties with credible individuals We got alternatives.
Re: The Truths Obasanjo Failed To Tell Nigerians. by PhockPhockMan: 6:35pm On Nov 22, 2014
tobechi20:

Simple truth.

1 Like

Re: The Truths Obasanjo Failed To Tell Nigerians. by Nobody: 6:36pm On Nov 22, 2014
tobechi20:

Yet he has done more projects in North than the south. You guys like to fool yourselves

1 Like

Re: The Truths Obasanjo Failed To Tell Nigerians. by major466(m): 6:37pm On Nov 22, 2014
@Op. OBJ is just jealous of GEJ because he achieved more in 4 years compared to OBJ's 8 year stewardship.

2 Likes

Re: The Truths Obasanjo Failed To Tell Nigerians. by Rexnegro(m): 6:38pm On Nov 22, 2014
PhockPhockMan:
I was shocked when I heard the news that the Former president, General Olusegun Obasanjo criticized the Government of President Goodluck Jonathan by describing it performance as 'BELLOW AVERAGE". I'm not disputing the former president’s right to criticize or disagree with the present government on issues, but the evil intentions attached to it. Criticizing the government with a single sentence without details is nothing but a grand deception.
Obasanjo Failed to tell us that during his regime, election was do or die which Jonathan reversed to Free and fair. That the second term Jonathan is asking for, which is the bone of contention is constitutional while his third term bid is not. That Nigeria's agricultural sector went from bad to worse under him despite being a farmer himself, while Jonathan revolutionized the sector to the extent that within 3 years, we've cut food importation by more than half with a projection to start food exportation in 2016. Aviation had it's worst history under Obasanjo, while Jonathan rehabilitated all the federal airport and made sure all parts of the country is under radar coverage. Today, Nigeria is among the best in Africa in terms of air safety. Under Obasanjo, Nigeria was the largest importer of cement in Africa, today, under the leadership of Goodluck Jonathan, Nigeria is now the largest exporter of cement in Africa. Under Obasanjo, Nigeria sports had one of its worst history when he introduced the wicked and demoralizing "PRESIDENTIAL HAND SHAKE" policy, today, Jonathan introduced reward for handwork which resulted in our excellent performances in sports. Under Obasanjo, Railway was a forgotten issue, today, Jonathan has revitalized the sector to the amazement of all Nigerians. Under Obasanjo, all federal roads in the country was death trap, today, Jonathan has done most of them including the one in his backyard, Lagos / Ibadan expressway. During Obasanjo regime, electricity supply was about 2000 megawatts, today, it's more than 4,000 megawatts. Under Obasanjo, we were known as home of tokumbo cars, today, Nigeria is manufacturer of brand new cars. We've never had it so good in terms of foreign policy and so on.
If all this excellent performances is what he called bellow average, then he must be telling us indirectly that his performance as president is "BELLOW MEDIOCRITY"

Obasanjo should be man enough to tell Nigerians his problem with the president.
We can't accept these lies.
Assuming na pen u take write all these I for say u wasted ur ink....u don't need to highlight all these na. We nigerians knows the diff btw obj n gej that d diff btw them in fixing naija is just massive. D only tin I don't like abt gej is just his "I don't care-like attitude" about some iSsues like d river crises he kept quiet all tru, south south guys threatening people up n down n he showed no concern(perhaps because they re from his region ? ) , pension issues , do I need state examples ? I believe u no ursef mr op, issue of corruption and fuel subsidies, he lied to us, job creation was a lie also , cos minister of finance said FG has created 1.6millions jobs but immigration exams said its a lie, perhaps they never knew it did turn out the way it went. Finally most recently the issue of defection of tanbuwal , let me just chill cos u no all....if at all u ve sometin to say abt that don't forget mimiko n his speaker defected to pdp o....I rest my case. God kukuma dey watch them.

1 Like

Re: The Truths Obasanjo Failed To Tell Nigerians. by Firefire(m): 6:43pm On Nov 22, 2014
Nigerians have eyes but will never see undecided

4 Likes

Re: The Truths Obasanjo Failed To Tell Nigerians. by PhockPhockMan: 6:46pm On Nov 22, 2014
major466:
@Op. OBJ is just jealous of GEJ because he achieved more in 4 years compared to OBJ's 8 year stewardship.
You're right, he knows the title of FATHER OF MODERN NIGERIA is changing hand.
Re: The Truths Obasanjo Failed To Tell Nigerians. by farem: 6:48pm On Nov 22, 2014
majekdom2:
please don't be a party to the mediocrity you mentioned
What aviation industry is ranked best come up with facts, read this www.leeabbamonte.com/africa/the-5-best-airlines-in-africa.html.
we all heard about the crisis in NFF. Latest was the failure to qualify for the coming Afcon and you call that success.
My question is will you use the present rail system in nigeria . Pls be sincere. Will you use those cars. Why has the presidency and other govt officials not changed their officials cars to the ones produced in nigeria. Will you buy those cars. Why is the Peugeot company not encouraged to work with the local manufacturers so as to produce something of quality. These two presidents don't deserve any applaud.
Re: The Truths Obasanjo Failed To Tell Nigerians. by ayukdaboss(m): 6:49pm On Nov 22, 2014
What are you trying to tell us? OBJ was a PDP man. Shame on these clueless TANoids.

1 Like

Re: The Truths Obasanjo Failed To Tell Nigerians. by ogbronx(m): 6:53pm On Nov 22, 2014
major466:
What!!!!!? are u serious? Gej achieved more than Obj on this planet?
Chai! dia is god oooh! all this mumu you are shiaaaring will answer!
Re: The Truths Obasanjo Failed To Tell Nigerians. by Truckpusher(m): 6:54pm On Nov 22, 2014
Anybody that buys whatever that old Ota farmer is selling should better seek for medical help,honestly.

O! I forgot that many Nigerians are suffering from Stockholm Syndrome.
Re: The Truths Obasanjo Failed To Tell Nigerians. by Truckpusher(m): 6:56pm On Nov 22, 2014
Firefire:
Nigerians have eyes but will never see undecided
They can't lie to their innermost conscience all the time ,no matter how far they go in pretending to be blind.

1 Like

Re: The Truths Obasanjo Failed To Tell Nigerians. by major466(m): 6:57pm On Nov 22, 2014
majekdom2:
oh come on , and we having investors willing to do business but yet the fed govt has refused to pass laws and policies. No govt cancels any project. Give me examples, they only delay it just as your present govt is doing.
Total Foreign Direct Investment under GEJ is $59 billion dollars, in just four years! The highest foreign direct investment ever by any administration in Nigeria since independence. Can you beat that? OBJ should go and feed his chickens and keep quiet. Jealousy is disturbing him.

6 Likes

Re: The Truths Obasanjo Failed To Tell Nigerians. by major466(m): 7:03pm On Nov 22, 2014
ogbronx:
What!!!!!? are u serious? Gej achieved more than Obj on this planet?
Chai! dia is god oooh! all this mumu you are shiaaaring will answer!
Records are there for you to see. GEJ's performance from 2011 till date far outshine previous administration from 1960 not to talk of OBJ. Records don't lie.

2 Likes

Re: The Truths Obasanjo Failed To Tell Nigerians. by Nobody: 7:09pm On Nov 22, 2014
major466:

Foreign direct investment under GEJ is $59 billion dollars. In just four years! The highest foreign direct investment ever by any administration in Nigeria since independence. Can you beat that? OBJ should go and feed his chickens and keep quiet. Jealousy is disturbing him.
pls research well foreign direct investment is never constant ... Economist in the house , prove me wrong.
Re: The Truths Obasanjo Failed To Tell Nigerians. by Nobody: 7:12pm On Nov 22, 2014
PhockPhockMan:
You must be draft, so Toyota is good car?
That we failed to qualify for next afcon does not remove the fact that we're the defending champion both male and female.
oh oh oh.... Now you mean innoson motors is a good car , does it match Toyota. Ideally hope you are well. Pls Nigeria have always been African champions under different regimes , its never a leaders achievement. The German president never bragged she made Germany win the World Cup. You are a sick person really.

1 Like

Re: The Truths Obasanjo Failed To Tell Nigerians. by Nobody: 7:13pm On Nov 22, 2014
tobechi20:

you really think GEJ is not a slave to northerners check well again.
Re: The Truths Obasanjo Failed To Tell Nigerians. by Nctrice(m): 7:15pm On Nov 22, 2014
tempex88:
@poster, U haven't said anything
why not say it all for him and let's see if what you would say would not be different from what OBJ has said
Re: The Truths Obasanjo Failed To Tell Nigerians. by Nobody: 7:17pm On Nov 22, 2014
major466:

Records are there for you to see. GEJ's performance from 2011 till date far outshine previous administration from 1960 not to talk of OBJ. Records don't lie.
but this kind of performances is not what nigerians want .... That's why we want a different hand.
Re: The Truths Obasanjo Failed To Tell Nigerians. by xcolanto(m): 7:26pm On Nov 22, 2014
Didn't even bother to entertain obj's ignorance on the revolution and massive transformation presently overflowing all sectors of the Nigerian State. Even the opposition fairly acknowledges these facts that's experienced nation wide. It's a shame obj has reduced himself to being a frontier of inciting division amongst the populace while he would have crushed all opposition that dreamt to speak of the ills in his administration. It seems the 'old man' is presently bored and tends to service his New school writing hubby to write half truths and peddle fabricating stories like the Apc folks we experience daily.
Re: The Truths Obasanjo Failed To Tell Nigerians. by major466(m): 7:30pm On Nov 22, 2014
majekdom2:
pls research well foreign direct investment is never constant ... Economist in the house , prove me wrong.
Yes you are right. FDIs are not constant. That's why it takes a smart administration like GEJ's for FDIs to flow the way it did steadily since 2011.

2 Likes

Re: The Truths Obasanjo Failed To Tell Nigerians. by Nobody: 7:34pm On Nov 22, 2014
major466:

Yes you are right. FDIs are not constant. That's why it takes a smart administration like GEJ's for FDIs to flow the way it did steadily since 2011.
it has been on the rise since 2001 and fluctuated different times this year. It's never an achievement bro . These are inherent in any democratic country.
Re: The Truths Obasanjo Failed To Tell Nigerians. by PhockPhockMan: 7:39pm On Nov 22, 2014
xcolanto:
Didn't even bother to entertain obj's ignorance on the revolution and massive transformation presently overflowing all sectors of the Nigerian State. Even the opposition fairly acknowledges these facts that's experienced nation wide. It's a shame obj has reduced himself to being a frontier of inciting division amongst the populace while he would have crushed all opposition that dreamt to speak of the ills in his administration. It seems the 'old man' is presently bored and tends to service his New school writing hubby to write half truths and peddle fabricating stories like the Apc folks we experience daily.
You're 100% right.

1 Like

Re: The Truths Obasanjo Failed To Tell Nigerians. by major466(m): 7:44pm On Nov 22, 2014
majekdom2:
it has been on the rise since 2001 and fluctuated different times this year. It's never an achievement bro . These are inherent in any democratic country.
If you gauge the FDIs impact through sectors like Automobiles in Manufacturing, Rice in Agriculture, Power Stations in the Power Sector and many others combined with the number of jobs created as a result, then it becomes a big achievement. We are not there yet, but at least we're making good progress.

1 Like

Re: The Truths Obasanjo Failed To Tell Nigerians. by Nobody: 7:51pm On Nov 22, 2014
Obiagelli:
Op tell us unemployment rate under both of them, tell us about anti corruption, health care, national security, education, economy, food price. Nigeria deserves far far better than both of them.
WHAT do you know about geometric progression? You cant compare GEJ to Obj.
If that is the sentiment that is making you to oppose him, tell us how many children Buhari and other average notherner has and blame the unemployment on those people.

1 Like

Re: The Truths Obasanjo Failed To Tell Nigerians. by Ezemust: 7:53pm On Nov 22, 2014
Obiagelli:

Rice and cassava project was started by who? The few roads gej is completing today was started by who? Not to even mention power plants. Rehabilitation of kano - lagos rail was started by who? Obj was a bad leader but is miles ahead of gej
see ur life. was started by whom or done by whom? u don't want to even give gej any credit.

2 Likes

Re: The Truths Obasanjo Failed To Tell Nigerians. by Nobody: 7:54pm On Nov 22, 2014
Ezemust:
see ur life. was started by whom or done by whom? u don't want to even give gej any credit.
Both of them cant get my credit.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2019 Elections: APC To Meet With Governors, Set To Fix Convention Date / Discos Are Sabotaging Fg’s Efforts - MURIC / ThisGlob e.com:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.