Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,698 members, 7,802,064 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:36 AM

What Platform Do You Use For Web Development - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Platform Do You Use For Web Development (2616 Views)

On What Platform Do All Financial Institutions Run ? / Perl, Python, Ruby, PHP, Which Is The Best For Web Design And Development? / What Development Chain Do You Use For C++? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Platform Do You Use For Web Development by CRAZYMADMAN(m): 7:58pm On Nov 22, 2014
By platform I mean environments like netbeans and other IDEs, CMSs like joomla, drupal, etc,
frameworks like codeigniter, zend ,etc text editors like notepad etc , dreamwaver ...

What platform do you use in web design / programming and why do you prefer such platform.?

let's share so we'll learn from each other

personally, I use notepadd++ and aptana studio , I don't use cms and frameworks ... for now but might soon
Re: What Platform Do You Use For Web Development by abdul01(m): 8:32pm On Nov 22, 2014
Nice topic. I personally use Laravel (a php framework) for serious work and wordpress CMS for basic sites, then I use sublime text editor and netbeans IDE, but I'm considering shifting to php-storm IDE. Other random tools I use include pixlr for photo editing, github(still a beginner here), jquery, bootstrap etc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Platform Do You Use For Web Development by CRAZYMADMAN(m): 9:54pm On Nov 22, 2014
abdul01:
Nice topic. I personally use Laravel (a php framework) for serious work and wordpress CMS for basic sites, then I use sublime text editor and netbeans IDE, but I'm considering shifting to php-storm IDE. Other random tools I use include pixlr for photo editing, github(still a beginner here), jquery, bootstrap etc.

you prefer laravel to codeigniter and zend?
Re: What Platform Do You Use For Web Development by abdul01(m): 9:36am On Nov 23, 2014
Yes. I actually switched from CI to Laravel, and I'v never used Zend
Re: What Platform Do You Use For Web Development by moderatorr: 7:37pm On Nov 23, 2014
cakePHP with Nusphere. Never looked back.
Re: What Platform Do You Use For Web Development by wildguy(m): 8:16am On Nov 24, 2014
Was using dreamweaver but switched to visual studio.
Re: What Platform Do You Use For Web Development by solomon201(m): 7:30am On Nov 26, 2014
VS is the best for me... Even the new Community Edition (which is free) is awesome. Yet to see that IDE that rivals VS
Re: What Platform Do You Use For Web Development by CRAZYMADMAN(m): 11:23am On Nov 26, 2014
can you use visual studio for PHP projects?
Re: What Platform Do You Use For Web Development by Nobody: 2:04pm On Nov 26, 2014
CRAZYMADMAN:
can you use visual studio for PHP projects?
yes you can, just download php plugins and you will be smooking on it. Hehehe
Re: What Platform Do You Use For Web Development by Okonkwo2211: 7:27am On Dec 01, 2014
wildguy:
Was using dreamweaver but switched to visual studio.

any problems that you found with dreamweaver, because apparently its the only one that i have attempted to use?
Re: What Platform Do You Use For Web Development by wildguy(m): 9:01am On Dec 01, 2014
Okonkwo2211:

any problems that you found with dreamweaver, because apparently its the only one that i have attempted to use?

No there are no issues with it. Using Visual Studio is way easier and you would fall in love with the IDE.
Re: What Platform Do You Use For Web Development by CRAZYMADMAN(m): 5:58pm On Dec 01, 2014
wildguy:

No there are no issues with it. Using Visual Studio is way easier and you would fall in love with the IDE.

the size of VS is scary
Re: What Platform Do You Use For Web Development by maekhel(m): 11:21pm On Dec 01, 2014
I use:
IDE n Editor
aptana studio
notepad ++
frameworks:
CI
CMS
wordpress
Joomla
Drupal
Others
bootstrap
JQuery
Re: What Platform Do You Use For Web Development by wildguy(m): 11:14am On Dec 02, 2014
CRAZYMADMAN:

the size of VS is scary

If you dont want to download it, you can get it at Computer Village for 150 or 200 that is if you stay in Lagos
Re: What Platform Do You Use For Web Development by jboy01(m): 6:59am On Dec 04, 2014
Are the plugin free?

1 Like

Re: What Platform Do You Use For Web Development by mrdino(m): 8:49am On Dec 04, 2014
CRAZYMADMAN:
By platform I mean environments like netbeans and other IDEs, CMSs like joomla, drupal, etc,
frameworks like codeigniter, zend ,etc text editors like notepad etc , dreamwaver ...

What platform do you use in web design / programming and why do you prefer such platform.?

let's share so we'll learn from each other

personally, I use notepadd++ and aptana studio , I don't use cms and frameworks ... for now but might soon
i use eclipse ide, at times i use GSAP(Green Sock Animation Platform) for animation.
Re: What Platform Do You Use For Web Development by CRAZYMADMAN(m): 2:08pm On Dec 04, 2014
mrdino:
i use eclipse ide, at times i use GSAP(Green Sock Animation Platform) for animation.

which Language(s) do you use?
Re: What Platform Do You Use For Web Development by clod: 3:34pm On Dec 08, 2014
Platform: Windows
Frameworks: Drupal, WordPress
IDE: Codelobster
Re: What Platform Do You Use For Web Development by ncpat(m): 7:29pm On Dec 08, 2014
Google is my friend along with WordPress, all coding is done live on server.
Re: What Platform Do You Use For Web Development by iyb(m): 7:10pm On Dec 11, 2014
CRAZYMADMAN:

the size of VS is scary
solomon201:
VS is the best for me... Even the new Community Edition (which is free) is awesome. Yet to see that IDE that rivals VS
Amen to that Visual Studio is just awesome it has amazing intellisense and just makes development a lot easier
Re: What Platform Do You Use For Web Development by chiwex(m): 7:52pm On Dec 11, 2014
try netbeans for web development
Re: What Platform Do You Use For Web Development by jboy01(m): 10:09am On Dec 12, 2014
solomon201:
are u developing asp.net websites I.e webpage with .aspx ?
Re: What Platform Do You Use For Web Development by CRAZYMADMAN(m): 3:20pm On Dec 12, 2014
chiwex:
try netbeans for web development

I think both aptana and komodo studio are better than netbeans, when it comes to languages like PHP. I might be wrong, though
Re: What Platform Do You Use For Web Development by elvongray: 4:41pm On Dec 12, 2014
i use laravel for Php, django for Python, chrome dev tools for javascript/famo.us. I also use sublime text as my editor.

1 Like

Re: What Platform Do You Use For Web Development by abdul01(m): 11:04pm On Dec 12, 2014
elvongray:
i use laravel for Php, django for Python, chrome dev tools for javascript/famo.us. I also use sublime text as my editor.
smiley smiley smiley

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Connect An Html Form 2 Databases / Java online compiler for swing programs / Please, What Is Web Topography?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.