Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,676 members, 7,801,949 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:42 AM

Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached (18548 Views)

Impeached Ondo Speaker And Deputy Reinstated / PMB And Deputy Prime Minister Of UAE (Hilarious) / Rivers: Tribunal Sacks Speaker And 20 House Of Assembly Lawmakers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by cbrass(m): 11:30pm On Nov 22, 2014
Descartes:
But you said that you have a direct link to Ekiti, and you are aware of the "3000" security agents that were deployed. I asked for a proof and you couldn't provide. Isn't that put you in the category of Liar Mohammed who uses Nairaland gist as a credible source? wink

Well now I see that have wasted my precious MB on a clown. What a shame smh!

1 Like

Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by aljharem(m): 11:34pm On Nov 22, 2014
OkikiOluwa1:
That's not what am saying.
My concern is why should only 7 people impeach the speaker when the number of other members in the house supersedes them.
I m against the act of negligence of duty acted by the speaker & his deputy.
What am against is the impeachment process.
Cos this is just similar to what happened in Rivers last year.
Where some small groups of house members ll just rise up & declare that they impeached a speaker without due process.
Is this a democracy or. Where every Tom, D ick & Harry ll come & per take in.
Last Bullet
Expect macing of heads soon in Ekiti.
Some people's head ll be maced like Chidi Loyd's head
The military is watching us sha!

Good at least we are heading somewhere.

First of all, it is illegal and highly irresponsible for the speaker and the deputy to leave without notice.

Now to your question on whether it is legal or not. I would say it is VERY LEGAL because according to Nigeria constitution

He left without permit.
Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by duni04(m): 11:34pm On Nov 22, 2014
Smooyis:
What is wrong is wrong. Fayose should retrace his steps and give peace a chance. He should show humility in governance and learn to be a team worker.
You can't preach to a mad man. He won't change! A leopard can never change its spots. You would expect someone that has already tasted impeachment in his political career to be mellow and law abiding. Less than a month after his second coming he wants to turn the state upside down. His madness will ultimately ruin him.

4 Likes

Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by OAM4J: 11:37pm On Nov 22, 2014
aljharem:

Is it constitutional for the speaker and deputy to leave their post of duty without notice ?

Yes or No

Answer this then we can move forward

What are you really on about?

What constitution are you talking about? What duty was abandoned? Is it unconstitutional for a speaker of another state to travel to Lagos or anywhere in the country or out of the country?

Are there no procedure for convening the house? Was the house duly convened and the speaker and his deputy found missing?

Who is a fool here that doesn't know this group-7 illegally convened the house at the dictates of their thug master Fayose to do his bidding?

Stop this arguments like Nigerians are fools. Well, may be Lagbaja is right about Nigerian 160 million 'mumus', but am definitely not one.

5 Likes

Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by Descartes: 11:40pm On Nov 22, 2014
cbrass:

Well now I see that have wasted my precious MB on a clown. What a shame smh!
You see..., you are related to Liar Mohammed since he is well-known for peddling falsehood whose trait you have exhibited with your lies of deployment of "3000" security operatives in a Stomach Infrastrature House of Assembly Complex which you could not prove. Please stop dancing unclad in a public forum like this with your dubious claims. Thanks.
Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by Nobody: 11:44pm On Nov 22, 2014
Finally,the senseless thread has been removed from front page.

#unfollows#
Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by aljharem(m): 11:44pm On Nov 22, 2014

(1) A member of the Senate or of the House of Representatives/assembly shall vacate his seat in the House of which he is a member if -
(a) he becomes a member of another legislative house.
(b) any other circumstances arise that, if he were not a member of the Senate or the House of Representatives, would cause him to be disqualified for election as a member;

(c) he ceases to be a citizen of Nigeria;

(d) he becomes President, Vice-President, Governor, Deputy Governor or a Minister of the Government of the Federation or a Commissioner of the Government of a State or a Special Adviser.

(e) save as otherwise prescribed by this Constitution, he becomes a member of a commission or other body established by this Constitution or by any other law.

(f) without just cause he is absent from meetings of the House of which he is a member for a period amounting in the aggregate to more than one-third of the total number of days during which the House meets in any one year;

(g) being a person whose election to the House was sponsored by a political party, he becomes a member of another political party before the expiration of the period for which that House was elected;
Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by AcidosisMega: 11:46pm On Nov 22, 2014
ProfCorruption:
Nigeria's problem has more to do with docile followership than an irresponsible leadership. I am lost for words how a barely educated legislator who is apparently struggling to make a coherent statement is elected in Ekiti. Well, stomach infrastructure! Even more alarming is how someone in his right senses can say " I support how 7 legislators impeached a speaker supported by 18 legislators". The problem with impunity is that it usually starts with our "enemies" before it spreads to "friends". Once he crushes the opposition, sooner than later, Fayose will pounce on PDP members who show any inclination towards independent thinking or disposition. Many are, naively or mischievously cheering him on but I hope sanity prevails.

The issue at the play has nothing to do with speaker abandoning the house. It has more to do with separation of powers. The position of governor is not that of an absolute king. Even in ages past, chiefs in Yorubaland adequately cautioned a rampaging bully of a king, not to talk of a clearly well written procedural steps required to effect leadership change. The truth is you can't,legally and constitutionally, impeach a speaker without having 2/3 of house members supporting you. If Fayose thinks he will have the last laugh, it can only mean one thing: he is not a student of history. He has opened a Pandora box.

I think the Ekiti experience would serve as a lesson to the rest of Yorubaland, and possibly Nigeria as a whole. There is a minimum a well educated fellow, devoid of thuggery tendencies, can't go below. There are some things a Fayemi or Segun Oni won't do because of his background. In Segun Oni's Ekiti, it was 50/50 (13 PDP and 13 ACN legislators) and he never resorted to this level of brazen impunity.

In US, the Democrat-controlled senate passed a comprehensive immigration bill. The Republican-controlled house did not even allow the bill come to vote. This is not even a case of the bill being defeated in the House, it was simply not allowed to be debated. It's not automatic that party A should support party B as the clearly mischievous OP is trying to portray; as if it is evil, bad or uncommon for APC not to be supportive of Fayose administration. Fayose is elected by Ekiti people much same way the honorable members. No mandate is bigger or better than the other. The binding chord, the guiding principle is the constitution. Do your work as specified by the constitution. What is done is to find a middle ground, a give-and-take compromise, and then work to move the state forward. If his mandate is to move Ekiti forward, Fayose should find a way to work with the APC-controlled House. Otherwise, crisis today, litigation tomorrow, shooting a day after will create an atmosphere of siege and in the absence of peace, development becomes a mirage.

He should find a way to pay the Legislathieves 20% of the N2Billion CBN SME loan?
Lol

Let me remind you: Fayose clearly states:

"They are asking for what I don't have. Where will I get that kind of money from? I won't give them a dime."

The problem I have on this issue is our people do not understand the real event.

1 Like

Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by Smooyis(m): 11:48pm On Nov 22, 2014
duni04:

You can't preach to a mad man. He won't change! A leopard can never change its spots. You would expect someone that has already tasted impeachment in his political career to be mellow and law abiding. Less than a month after his second coming he wants to turn the state upside down. His madness will ultimately ruin him.
It is really disappointing of him. If he continues this way the people of the state are in a long nightmare. We all had peace and respect as Ekiti people under Fayemi, but we never valued it. I am beginning to get sick and tired of this tyrannical style of administration.
Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by aljharem(m): 11:52pm On Nov 22, 2014
OAM4J:

What are you really on about?

What constitution are you talking about? What duty was abandoned? Is it unconstitutional for a speaker of another state to travel to Lagos or anywhere in the country or out of the country?

Are there no procedure for convening the house? Was the house duly convened and the speaker and his deputy found missing?

Who is a fool here that doesn't know this group-7 illegally convened the house at the dictates of their thug master Fayose to do his bidding?

Stop this arguments like Nigerians are fools. Well, may be Lagbaja is right about Nigerian 160 million 'mumus', but am definitely not one.

Egbon, it is a shame you have engage yourself in this partisan politics and lies of APC.
I will answer your question respectfully sir.

1. I am talking about the constitution of Nigeria

2. The duty of the speaker and deputy speaker was abandon since they left duty without notice or permit
3.Yes it is unconstitutional if they left without notice. E sir, can you leave your office for days without notice and expect the activities of the office to stop because of you ? Of course you will be fired. Simple !!!!!!!!

Nigeria government is not a charity organisation where you can just leave without notice. Afterall it is tax-payers money !!!!

4. There are procedures again he did not follow due process

5.Yes they were found missing

6. Yes indeed Lagbaja was referring to APC blind supporters that will rather read the paid propagandist instead of researching.

Lastly, there is a saying. The best way to keep a black man in ignorance is by putting the information in a book.

Egbo e lo ka constitution yin
Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by idumuose(m): 11:52pm On Nov 22, 2014
berem:
Have you or your brothers and sisters been given a ministerial job as Jonathan supporter?
My uncle is at present a serving commissioner under Rotimi Amechi,yet Rotimi isn't in my good books.My uncle is not from rivers state the same Ben Akabueze a serving
commissioner is not from Lagos state.I don't want to go further before some people will say that i am boasting.You will notice that i have refrained from talking about myself on nairaland.Why should i
talk about myself on a faceless forum.My reason for supporting Jonathan isn't about performance but for those folks to be put to shame who think it is their birthright to rule. Secondly,i cannot
support a party where Tinubu is a godfather.Tinubu is one of the most dangerous persons i have ever seen in politics. I don't want to talk about Tinubu here.How can satan say he wants to transform Nigeria?
Has he transformed Lagos? Here this,Fashola would have been the best governor but Tinubu is the one slowing his progress. As young as i am,i together with some folks have rigged elections for Tinubu in 2011 during a house of reps rerun somewhere in lagos.That was when i discovered that you could be in a party and yet be supporting another candidate from another party.Thank God i am no longer a resident of lagos.I have since moved on.Let me stop here

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by aljharem(m): 11:54pm On Nov 22, 2014
AcidosisMega:

He should find a way to pay the Legislathieves 20% of the N2Billion CBN SME loan?
Lol

Let me remind you: Fayose clearly states:

"They are asking for what I don't have. Where will I get that kind of money from? I won't give them a dime."

The problem I have on this issue is our people do not understand the real event.

Are you minding them.

A man fails to show up at work, then he should get paid and even get a promotion.

They are never objective. They run around like headless chickens without any solid point other than lies

1 Like

Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:57pm On Nov 22, 2014
idumuose:

Which military is watching you?The military that is enmeshed in corruption or the military that has been decentralized by Obasanjo? If the military is your anchor through which you will get liberated then you will wait forever.
At least, the military can seize the civilians. Last Bullet
Shebi you v. Eyes & ears. You can see & hear all the bad & disgraceful things happening in Nigeria.
Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by aljharem(m): 12:03am On Nov 23, 2014
OkikiOluwa1:
Shebi you v. Eyes & ears. You can see & hear all the bad & disgraceful things happening in Nigeria.

Yes we were blind but now we see.

Yes we were deaf but now we hear

APC propaganda has stopped working on us !!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by idumuose(m): 12:04am On Nov 23, 2014
OkikiOluwa1:
Nigeria would have progressed more than this if Buhari had not seized power.The military should allow us move at our own pace jor.
Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by Extractor101: 12:04am On Nov 23, 2014
Descartes:
Hmmm... See grammar wey sophisticated stomach infrastructure lawmaker dey blow for interview.shocked Is that one of the dividends of Awolowo free education?

What has this foolish thread got to do with Awolowo? You guys wont stop looking for trouble but quick to call the mods. I hope the mod will ignore if i reply in kind. Post your rubbish comment without rubbishing the great sage, i will be forced to insult your senseless father if you continue with this your tribal jargons.

1 Like

Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by idumuose(m): 12:09am On Nov 23, 2014
If Rotimi Amaechi was not impeached inspite of his impunity,why do you think fayose could be impeached?
Smooyis:
It is really disappointing of him. If he continues this way the people of the state are in a long nightmare. We all had peace and respect as Ekiti people under Fayemi, but we never valued it. I am beginning to get sick and tired of this tyrannical style of administration.
Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by idumuose(m): 12:13am On Nov 23, 2014
Why would Fayemi not give you peace when he was sleeping in 50million naira bed.
Smooyis:
Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by Descartes: 12:15am On Nov 23, 2014
Extractor101:

What has this foolish thread got to do with Awolowo? You guys wont stop looking for trouble but quick to call the mods. I hope the mod will ignore if i reply in kind. Post your rubbish comment without rubbishing the great sage, i will be forced to insult your senseless father if you continue with this your tribal jargons.
Park well make I see road. See who is preaching. A rebel/outlaw/insurgent talking. What business do I have with a polymonikering entity. Have you seen me reporting to any of the Mods when you start your madness of picture posting?
Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by abacus(m): 12:18am On Nov 23, 2014
aljharem:

The illegality by these APC people is just too much and the funny thing is that their supporters will be supporting their LIES and PROPAGANDA.

I just quoted a sick.
Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by OAM4J: 12:23am On Nov 23, 2014
aljharem:

Egbon, it is a shame you have engage yourself in this partisan politics and lies of APC.
I will answer your question respectfully sir.

1. I am talking about the constitution of Nigeria

2. The duty of the speaker and deputy speaker was abandon since they left duty without notice or permit
3.Yes it is unconstitutional if they left without notice. E sir, can you leave your office for days without notice and expect the activities of the office to stop because of you ? Of course you will be fired. Simple !!!!!!!!

Nigeria government is not a charity organisation where you can just leave without notice. Afterall it is tax-payers money !!!!

4. There are procedures again he did not follow due process

5.Yes they were found missing

6. Yes indeed Lagbaja was referring to APC blind supporters that will rather read the paid propagandist instead of researching.

Lastly, there is a saying. The best way to keep a black man in ignorance is by putting the information in a book.

Egbo e lo ka constitution yin

Aburo, stop embarrassing yourself, there are many learned people here. This is not about APC, this is about, common sense, decency and the rule of law.

1. Where does the constitution of Nigeria says the speaker or his deputy cannot travel out of their state?

2. Permit? (Dont make me laugh!), Who does the speaker seek permission from? The Governor?

3. Leave without notice? You mean the speaker must notify everyone of his whereabouts even when the house is not in session?

4. Can you educate us about this due process?

5. Missing from where?

The part of the constitution you quoted about a member of the House vacating his seat in the House is a general application for removing a member from the house not for removing the speaker. Even if you must apply it, read the underlined again:

(f) without just cause he is absent from meetings of the House of which he is a member for a period amounting in the aggregate to more than one-third of the total number of days during which the House meets in any one year;

You mean the speaker and his deputy have been absent from house sitting for about a third of their meetings this year? or they were sacked because they were not part of one kangaroo sitting of last week?

Stop fooling yourself aburo, read and understand the constitution before quoting it, where you don't understand or incapable of understanding, ask questions.

5 Likes

Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by aljharem(m): 1:06am On Nov 23, 2014
OAM4J:

Aburo, stop embarrassing yourself, there are many learned people here. This is not about APC, this is about, common sense, decency and the rule of law.
1. Where does the constitution of Nigeria says the speaker or his deputy cannot travel out of their state?
2. Permit? (Dont make me laugh!), Who does the speaker seek permission from? The Governor?
3. Leave without notice? You mean the speaker must notify everyone of his whereabouts even when the house is not in session?
4. Can you educate us about this due process?
5. Missing from where?
The part of the constitution you quoted about a member of the House vacating his seat in the House is a general application for removing a member from the house not for removing the speaker. Even if you must apply it, read the underlined again:
You mean the speaker and his deputy have been absent from house sitting for about a third of their meetings this year? or they were sacked because they were not part of one kangaroo sitting of last week?
Stop fooling yourself aburo, read and understand the constitution before quoting it, where you don't understand or incapable of understanding, ask questions.

Egbon mi, again go and read the constitution. What I posted was for those shouting Tambuwal

Here is the constitution of the state assembly

(1) At any sitting of a House of Assembly, the Speaker of that House shall preside, and in his absence the Deputy Speaker shall preside.
(2) In the absence of the Speaker and Deputy Speaker of the House, such member of the House as the House may elect for a purpose shall preside.

That is what happened in Ekiti and during that, he was impeach the majority so what are you talking about !

Egbon politics is a game of Number guided by rules not just majority, minority.

Need I say more, go and read more on Nigerian constitution.
Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by Extractor101: 2:19am On Nov 23, 2014
[s]
Descartes:
Park well make I see road. See who is preaching. A rebel/outlaw/insurgent talking. What business do I have with a polymonikering entity. Have you seen me reporting to any of the Mods when you start your madness of picture posting?
[/s]

You are a fool. Leave Awolowo out of your father's madness and rubbish. To hell with you and your generation. Dirty monkey

1 Like

Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by ayukdaboss(m): 3:58am On Nov 23, 2014
berem:
Another very senseless post!
As in..this one is more senseless.
Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by peteredo: 4:35am On Nov 23, 2014
wen ebonyi governor waz ruling from enugu.why ewaz he not impeached
Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by Firefire(m): 7:33am On Nov 23, 2014
idumuose:

My reason for supporting Jonathan isn't about performance but for those folks to be put to shame who think it is their birthright to rule. Secondly,i cannot
support a party where Tinubu is a godfather.

Tinubu is one of the most dangerous persons i have ever seen in politics. I don't want to talk about Tinubu here.

How can satan say he wants to transform Nigeria?

Has he transformed Lagos? Hear this: Fashola would have been the best governor but Tinubu is the one slowing his progress. As young as i

am,i together with some folks have rigged elections for Tinubu in 2011 during a house of reps rerun somewhere in lagos.That was when i

discovered that you could be in a party and yet be supporting another candidate from another party.

Tinubu is a Master Rigger... APC inbuilt magomago will not be allowed to work again.

I, firefire delivered my constituency to ACN' in the last election, BUT God forbade this time. Olohun maje.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by pmc01(m): 8:25am On Nov 23, 2014
berem:
Berem can never be intimidated on nairaland. I am a lioness who is ready to crush anyone who comes my way. As long as Nairaland still exists,I shall remain here like a rock!

Good to know. smiley
Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by mikeywise(m): 8:41am On Nov 23, 2014
aljharem:

Egbon mi, again go and read the constitution. What I posted was for those shouting Tambuwal

Here is the constitution of the state assembly

(1[b]) At any sitting of a House of Assembly, the Speaker of that House shall preside, and in his absence the Deputy Speaker shall preside.
(2) In the absence of the Speaker and Deputy Speaker of the House, such member of the House as the House may elect for a purpose shall preside.
[/b]
That is what happened in Ekiti and during that, he was impeach the majority so what are you talking about !

Egbon politics is a game of Number guided by rules not just majority, minority.

Need I say more, go and read more on Nigerian constitution.

Do u actually understand what u wrote up there? They shall elect a speaker for the PURPOSE of that sitting only.
Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by realborn(m): 9:05am On Nov 23, 2014
aljharem:
Ekiti has been on news with a lot of misconception flying around. The APC speaker and his deputy(APC) have been impeached and rightly so. You do not leave your legislative duty and run to Lagos. Is Ekiti now Lagos ?

Why did they run to their Ikoyi master ? Is it Tinubu that elected them or the good people of Ekiti ?

You don't leave your duty unannounced and expect not to be impeach.

It is only in Nigeria such illegality happen and black people use sentiment to truncate the constitution.

I am in FULL SUPPORT OF THE 7 LAWMAKERS !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeBtRT6Q_hA

I shake my head for you.

If a man does not come to work, I agree he sould be reprimanded, does that warrant an impeachment by a select few?

Was Jona impeached when he abandoned executive duties to dance Azonto after the Nyanya bombings at a personal function and further left to shaq with a monarch while the Chibok girls were being abducted?

Consider the future when you make some of these irresponsible remarks.

1 Like

Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by peteredo: 9:48am On Nov 23, 2014
wen ebonyi governor waz ruling from enugu.why waz he not impeached
Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by Nobody: 10:19am On Nov 23, 2014
Op must be a JOKER! So 7 is greater than 19 in your primary one arithmatics?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Appoints Abike-dabiri SSA On Diaspora / Nigerians Blast Lauretta Onochie For Saying PDP Masterminded NASS Siege / Paris Loan funds Bribery Accusation: Fayemi, Name The Bribers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.