Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,600 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:07 PM

Men And Women Were Asked Why They Really Divorced. Here's What They Said - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Men And Women Were Asked Why They Really Divorced. Here's What They Said (1287 Views)

Men And Women Divorce Over Sex Starvation / Eniola Kashaam: They Said I Was Too Fat To Find A Husband But I Got The Best / Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men And Women Were Asked Why They Really Divorced. Here's What They Said by clara472: 8:55pm On Nov 22, 2014
Ask a newly divorced person what went wrong in their marriage and you're likely to get a polite, pat version of the story: We simply grew apart. We wanted different things in life. I couldn't live with him anymore.

It's not every day you get to hear the frank, no-holds-barred version of what led someone to divorce, but earlier this week, divorcés on Reddit revealed those details. The answers were as honest and unflinching as you'd expect from an anonymous forum.

Read 12 of the most revealing responses below.

1. She couldn't imagine having kids with him.
"I realized that I wouldn't trust him to take care of any kids we might have someday. And then I realized, if I felt that way, why would I trust him around me?"

2. He married a narcissist.
"We divorced because she knew I had her figured out. She couldn't manipulate me and control me anymore. Once I understood narcissism, it was over."

3. They really did just grow apart.
"We were married for eight years. I think we both knew it wasn't forever. I loved her dearly and she loved me. However, there was always something we couldn't provide each other. We just ended up growing apart and fell into gap that was never going to close. I have no regrets with the marriage. I have two wonderful girls, one of which I adopted that was hers with another man. We are still good friends and talk daily. We have our arguments but for the most part, we get along great for ex-spouses and people are always impressed by it. I still spend the holidays with her family even though she is in another relationship. I get along great with him, too."

4. She cheated.
"We found out that I couldn't have kids without some expensive science getting involved. She couldn't handle that, and took matters into her own hands and got pregnant by someone else. I was prepared to forgive her behavior up until that point. She wanted to come back later, but burned bridges and all..."

5. They got married too young.
"I was too young (married at 23 to a 30-year-old) and we simply couldn't make it work. We became different people from who we were when we first met and had a fairly amicable split. One of our main problems was that we had never really discussed the future properly (in detail, not just 'oooh, won't it be nice when we're old!') and I think we both assumed a lot about each other's priorities. For example, I am very urban and he wanted us to move to the countryside. Neither of us was 'wrong,' we simply weren't right for each other."

6. He was too dependent on her.
"During the 10 years we were together (married for six), he never held a job for very long. At first, I believed his excuses -- it was never his fault -- and I tried to be supportive. But it got to be too much. I got tired of him never taking responsibility for being late or for being lazy. The last two years we were married, I was working two jobs (one full-time and one part-time) and he was unemployed for about a year. Did he help out at all around the house? Nope. I'd get home at 11 p.m. at night after having been gone since 7 a,m. and he'd demand dinner. He never did the laundry or cleaned anything. He spent all day playing video games and draining our bank account. I finally got smart and left."....
Source: [url=https://www.google.com.ng/search?q=Men+And+Women+Were+Asked+Why+They+Really+Divorced.+Here%27s+What+They+Said&oq=Men+And+Women+Were+Asked+Why+They+Really+Divorced.+Here%27s+What+They+Said&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8#q=Men+And+Women+Were+Asked+Why+They+Really+Divorced.+Here%27s+What+They+Said+e+reporter+news]http://www.e reporter.com.ng/index.php/more-news/life-style-news/item/1553-men-and-women-were-asked-why-they-really-divorced-here-s-what-they-said[/url]

1 Like

Re: Men And Women Were Asked Why They Really Divorced. Here's What They Said by iykedare(m): 9:09pm On Nov 22, 2014
ok
Re: Men And Women Were Asked Why They Really Divorced. Here's What They Said by cococandy(f): 9:13pm On Nov 22, 2014
The last one though. She really tried. 10 years of such attitude undecided

5 Likes

Re: Men And Women Were Asked Why They Really Divorced. Here's What They Said by Nobody: 9:19pm On Nov 22, 2014
A couple of the reasons up there are genuine though.

1 Like

Re: Men And Women Were Asked Why They Really Divorced. Here's What They Said by Talon05: 9:51pm On Nov 22, 2014
Sophyrocks:
A couple of the reasons up there are genuine though.
They are all genuine to the people involved.
Re: Men And Women Were Asked Why They Really Divorced. Here's What They Said by twaintoy(f): 10:12pm On Nov 22, 2014
Those were from people abroad. We need to hear from naija ooo.
Re: Men And Women Were Asked Why They Really Divorced. Here's What They Said by missdebs(f): 12:48am On Nov 23, 2014
nw dis is y m scared of marriage....lord help me
Re: Men And Women Were Asked Why They Really Divorced. Here's What They Said by clara472: 4:06am On Nov 23, 2014
missdebs:
nw dis is y m scared of marriage....lord help me

Don't be scared its not all bad
Re: Men And Women Were Asked Why They Really Divorced. Here's What They Said by Johnfavour(m): 6:29am On Nov 23, 2014
Marriage is not a compulsory course.

1 Like

Re: Men And Women Were Asked Why They Really Divorced. Here's What They Said by Williamso(m): 3:28pm On Nov 23, 2014
Marriage is not for everyone, neither is it a do or die affair. Enjoy it; never endure it.
Re: Men And Women Were Asked Why They Really Divorced. Here's What They Said by Nobody: 3:42pm On Nov 23, 2014

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Wife Naked And Swear For Husband Solution Needed / Abortion By A Married Woman, Is It Justifiable? / I Think This Is What True Love Is. What Do You Think?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.