Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,921 members, 7,799,123 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:37 PM

DEPORTED From The UK!! - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DEPORTED From The UK!! (34194 Views)

Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K / Photos Of Nigerians Who Were Deported From The UK Today / 500 Nigerians Deported From The UK Arrive Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DEPORTED From The UK!! by exxy(m): 9:36am On Dec 12, 2014
Hmmmm!
Re: DEPORTED From The UK!! by jamesbridget13(f): 9:41am On Dec 12, 2014
my dear i havent been opportuned to travel out. dont even ve a visa but i hope to someday for holiday travels. but then my advice to u is to settle down in niaja. i bliv those embassies might even stumble on dis write up n be at alert. nothing bad flexing in naija na. but then no harm in trying. goodluck in ur future endeavours. n be a good boy
Re: DEPORTED From The UK!! by Nobody: 9:42am On Dec 12, 2014
optimusprime2:

I Laugh, your bet is sooo wrong...
I speak two other foreign languages asides english.
I am on my third passport now.
and I am a legit traveller.
not blowing my horn, #just saying.
Tell that guy the truth even though it hurts, dont butter it up.What he did was illegal and its a crime- thats why he got deported.
point blank the end.

If that's the case you will know about rehabilitation act. People get deported all the time. I ain't buttering anything.
Re: DEPORTED From The UK!! by justwise(m): 9:47am On Dec 12, 2014
ManInTheMirror:

Nothing do you. You no commit crime. My advice, keep urself busy, enroll in a sch asap so in future when u wan travel again, u have proof u have been busy bettering your life and not just hanging around.

Don't listen to the guy I quoted, I bet he never even travel before.

Really?
Re: DEPORTED From The UK!! by Nobody: 9:53am On Dec 12, 2014
justwise:

Really?

Over staying a visa is no crime Mr Just wise, it's a breach of immigration law. A crime is when you are charged to court.

3 Likes

Re: DEPORTED From The UK!! by worry359(m): 9:57am On Dec 12, 2014
ManInTheMirror:

Over staying a visa is no crime Mr Just wise, it's a breach of immigration law. A crime is when you are charged to court.

A BREACH OF LAW is a CRIME!
That goes on your immigration record!
You are NOT welcome to enter again after that.
Re: DEPORTED From The UK!! by justwise(m): 9:57am On Dec 12, 2014
ManInTheMirror:

Did the op overstayed his visa?
Re: DEPORTED From The UK!! by Nobody: 9:58am On Dec 12, 2014
justwise:

Did the op overstayed his visa?

Didn't he?
Re: DEPORTED From The UK!! by justwise(m): 9:59am On Dec 12, 2014
ManInTheMirror:

Didn't he?

You tell me, what was his offence?
Re: DEPORTED From The UK!! by Nobody: 10:00am On Dec 12, 2014
worry359:

A BREACH OF LAW is a CRIME!
That goes on your immigration record!
You are NOT welcome to enter again after that.

Na today?
Re: DEPORTED From The UK!! by ellechrystal(f): 10:01am On Dec 12, 2014
9JAgosurvive:
[b]Wellcome back, next time you go any where outside your beloved country Nigeria learn to live by the rule that govern the system where you find yourself, just cause you can get away with certain types of act when done in Nigeria don't mean you can leave Nigeria and still try to play "smart" . Respect yourself and protect the reputation of Nigeria ABEG!

Your original intention was never to study if you really want to be honest, otherwise if it was, you probably complete your education which is the primary reason for coming to the UK in the first place before ever thinking of marrying -simple wisdom should have told you that even if you wanted to marry, you complete your studies, come back home let your Caucasian partner invite you back to the UK and after a few months get married first in Nigerian and she travels to the UK and files for your permanent residency. The UKVI will run some checks but chances of you getting a residency to come be with your partner is very high.

But since you wanted to take the short cut you got busted, now your travel history is totally wrecked as far as the western nations are concerned - your bio-metric is already on the UK SMS system ,possible they share this with interpol and related agencies including boarder control, passport office and immigration. Change your name and passport if you like, your finger print will raise a red flag if you dare apply to some of the western nations for a visa.

Let this be a lesson to others reading this, the UK, US or other western countries is not heaven, its easy to go there do your business genuinely and if your want to immigrate take the open available right and legal channels , If it works out fine, if it don't be content with travelling there on visit and business, stop trying to remain in the white mans land at all cost - acts like these create a reputational problems for other honest Nigerians who are genuine travelers.

Sorry if this sounds a bit harsh but its the truth and others should learn from the errors you made - just cause some people might have done it and gotten away with it for now, don't mean others should do same, sorry you had to learn the hard way. If you listen to some of the posters here writing about how other folks circumvent the system and you want to do same ? well that's up to you -

And for all those washing their dirty "visa" linen here , it may surprise you Immigration officers for some of these western countries read things posted on this site.. so make una continue, dem they wait una .... Cheers
[/b]
God bless u this guy. U go live long.
Na heavy true tori b this o.
No mind all these waka dupe them . N talk talk. Their tym never reach o.

1 Like

Re: DEPORTED From The UK!! by Nobody: 10:03am On Dec 12, 2014
justwise:

You tell me, what was his offence?

Ok just read it again. Ok maybe he committed a crime but I tell u, ppl get deported for various crimes n still get to travel. I have seen it happen to guys for more serious offenses.
Re: DEPORTED From The UK!! by justwise(m): 10:07am On Dec 12, 2014
ManInTheMirror:

Ok just read it again. Ok maybe he committed a crime but I tell u, ppl get deported for various crimes n still get to travel. I have seen it happen to guys for more serious offenses.

Bro be honest and decent enough to call a spade a spade, there is no point going round the circle preaching dust!

Crime is crime, yes he is not the first and will not be the last but lets acknowledge where we got it wrong and make amend. Period.!!

1 Like

Re: DEPORTED From The UK!! by optimusprime2(m): 10:08am On Dec 12, 2014
ManInTheMirror:

If that's the case you will know about rehabilitation act. People get deported all the time. I ain't buttering anything.
So your point is?
like seriously lets see what you know about the rehab act on this occasion.

1 Like

Re: DEPORTED From The UK!! by Ikebesupa(m): 10:14am On Dec 12, 2014
@justwise.. I got my visa here in Nigeria with weekly work permit as applicable to students. My visa ran out in the course of study and i renewed again and still got my visa. I was legally studied and was law abiding. As i have mentioned in my comments earlier, most people that have been in the UK btw 2012 till date can testify UK immigration policy on stripping working permit for most foreign immigrants. To be honest, there are those that abuse the privilege of working while studying be it nigerians,Pakistanis, Bangladesh, Indians etc. The policy really affected me. My school record was very fine, my immigration record was fine as well. I need the working and studying as well as i am not from a rich family so i wanna support my humble self. I didn't hurt anyone by the marriage, it was just to get work permit. I got almost 18 months visa when all these are happening. In the summary, i was made a criminal not because of what i have done but because of what they believe. Only GOD can judge me!!
Re: DEPORTED From The UK!! by Nobody: 10:24am On Dec 12, 2014
optimusprime2:

So your point is?
like seriously lets see what you know about the rehab act on this occasion.

Dude do u know how to use Google? Basically if an individual commits a crime and he is sent to prison, after 7 yrs from the expiry of his sentence, the crime becomes spent which means he doesn't have to declare it anymore on application forms for jobs or whatever except for crimes of violence. I hope you have been educated now.

justwise:

Bro be honest and decent enough to call a spade a spade, there is no point going round the circle preaching dust!
Crime is crime, yes he is not the first and will not be the last but lets acknowledge where we got it wrong and make amend. Period.!!

I'm being honest and crime is not crime o. You guys need to research more.
Re: DEPORTED From The UK!! by justwise(m): 10:36am On Dec 12, 2014
Ikebesupa:
@justwise.. I got my visa here in Nigeria with weekly work permit as applicable to students. My visa ran out in the course of study and i renewed again and still got my visa. I was legally studied and was law abiding. As i have mentioned in my comments earlier, most people that have been in the UK btw 2012 till date can testify UK immigration policy on stripping working permit for most foreign immigrants. To be honest, there are those that abuse the privilege of working while studying be it nigerians,Pakistanis, Bangladesh, Indians etc. The policy really affected me. My school record was very fine, my immigration record was fine as well. I need the working and studying as well as i am not from a rich family so i wanna support my humble self. I didn't hurt anyone by the marriage, it was just to get work permit. I got almost 18 months visa when all these are happening. In the summary, i was made a criminal not because of what i have done but because of what they believe. Only GOD can judge me!!

Listen bro...credit to you for been honest with the whole situation, what happened will not stop you from moving forward positively from here.

Yes PSW was cancelled in 2012 and many foreign students suffered because it, i personally benefited from PSW just after my first degree and when it was cancelled many of my mates who came 2012 hoping to stay back and work suffered, some went back while some went on to do more studies.
Sham marriage is risky, its a crime, yes some do get away with it while some are not so lucky and get caught, jailed then deported. Even when you got away with it you will still be looking over your shoulder hoping that your partner in crime will not get in trouble in future and get you necked when her marriage history is traced.

Move on with your life, you can still travel in future but don't try to do anything silly by using short-cuts, you still have a lot to live for.

1 Like

Re: DEPORTED From The UK!! by justwise(m): 10:37am On Dec 12, 2014
ManInTheMirror:

Dude do u know how to use Google? Basically if an individual commits a crime and he is sent to prison, after 7 yrs from the expiry of his sentence, the crime becomes spent which means he doesn't have to declare it anymore on application forms for jobs or whatever except for crimes of violence. I hope you have been educated now.

I'm being honest and crime is not crime o. You guys need to research more.

You need to do that.
Re: DEPORTED From The UK!! by optimusprime2(m): 10:47am On Dec 12, 2014
ManInTheMirror:

Question 1: did he tell you he had a court hearing for crime?

Question 2: was he put in prison?

Question 3: do you think the rehab act will apply in the negative of questions 1 & 2?

Question 4: Theres this thingy called immigration, you know about it right... if one was deported, due to breaching immigration rules (which is illegal), how then does the rehab act apply, esp when the right legal action was carried out??

Question 5: so the rehab act can reverse a ban right?

please answer in order [/quote]
Re: DEPORTED From The UK!! by justwise(m): 10:55am On Dec 12, 2014
ManInTheMirror:

Another misleading info from you, in many job and visa applications you are instructed to declare any crime committed whether spent or not including police warnings.

You many not be allowed to enter a country like Australia if you have spent a year or more in prison even if you declared it in your landing card.
Re: DEPORTED From The UK!! by odikomo1(m): 11:02am On Dec 12, 2014
My brother i read all the comments and posts before deciding to drop my own. See! what killed your dream abroad was IMPATIENCE. No be person witch you. I always tell people 99% of our life problems are caused by us or self generated.
You were carried away by the so called 'MAKE IT BIG ABROAD' ideology. Forgeting the fact that good and better things come to those who wait.
The habit of patience has been the secret to most great men in the world today.
Patience leads a man to the right place to the right thing at the right time and get the right and desired result.

Patience gives you the ability to play the game according to its rules.

Patience leads to fair play while impatient leads to foul play.

Everyday of our lives is a learning process and every event whether bad or good is a lesson learnt.

So you've learnt your lesson. What i recommend is, learn to be patient. Only that will you have the chance to think right and do right.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: DEPORTED From The UK!! by Nobody: 11:29am On Dec 12, 2014
optimusprime2:

Question 1: did he tell you he had a court hearing for crime?

Question 2: was he put in prison?

Question 3: do you think the rehab act will apply in the negative of questions 1 & 2?

Question 4: Theres this thingy called immigration, you know about it right... if one was deported, due to breaching immigration rules (which is illegal), how then does the rehab act apply, esp when the right legal action was carried out??

Question 5: so the rehab act can reverse a ban right?

please answer in order

Haha bros, u want to kill me.

I don't know but just because one gets deported doesn't mean he can never travel again. I don't know much about immigration laws but if a drug smuggler can be deported and still issued another visa then what is a mere arranged marriage?
Re: DEPORTED From The UK!! by Nobody: 11:31am On Dec 12, 2014
justwise:

Another misleading info from you, in many job and visa applications you are instructed to declare any crime committed whether spent or not including police warnings.

You many not be allowed to enter a country like Australia if you have spent a year or more in prison even if you declared it in your landing card.

No I disagree. Australia is the country with the most employment rate for people with criminal records, when I find the article, I will post it here.
Re: DEPORTED From The UK!! by justwise(m): 11:34am On Dec 12, 2014
ManInTheMirror:

No I disagree. Australia is the country with the most employment rate for people with criminal records, when I find the article, I will post it here.

Find it indeed, I'm sure that your story will change with the article. Australia giving employment to foreign criminals?
Re: DEPORTED From The UK!! by vivaciousvivi(f): 12:16pm On Dec 12, 2014
Ikebesupa:
grin my people i greet una oooo. Please i am here for help however i am open to criticism if needs be but i will confess that i have had enough stress already so please dont add more salt in my wound. Na beg i dey beg una oooo my wise people. I just got deported from the UK on Feb. 2014, i went as a student but things got very though cos of UK immigration policies every now and then. I got to marry a french national but it busted so i couldn't help the situation. They said i need to return home and i accepted and signed the documents but it is not because of what i have done but because of what they had believed. Note: its not because my visa had expired, ofcourse i had my valid student visas but not allowed work at all. Now i am in my fatherland thou not planning any travelling anytime soon, i want to find out from wise people on here if this situation has jeopardise any future travel plans anywhere in the world ofcourse except the UK.

This may be slightly tough as you would be required to answer truthfully on future immigration forms if you had ever been deported before etc etc.
North America is completely out as well as Western Europe as the various consular offices share immigration database information.
I think you should simply find out the countries that don't share such info with the UK. I wish you luck
Re: DEPORTED From The UK!! by Classicalmusic: 12:49pm On Dec 12, 2014
ellechrystal:

God bless u this guy. U go live long.
Na heavy true tori b this o.
No mind all these waka dupe them . N talk talk. Their tym never reach o.
Keep your mouth shut if you don't have something meaningful to say.

If he had made it over there, you would be begging him to divorce his wife and marry you.

I hate those who pretend or act holly online while they're nothing to write home about.

3 Likes

Re: DEPORTED From The UK!! by ellechrystal(f): 1:01pm On Dec 12, 2014
Classicalmusic:
Keep your mouth shut if you don't have something meaningful to say.

If he had made it over there, you would be begging him to divorce his wife and marry you.

I hate those who pretend or act holly online while they're nothing to write home about.
Excuse me .. Who in d hell is this dumb fellow.. r u 4 real ??
Wats ur sickening business with my thoughts? Or r u one of d waka waka? Ur so pathetic spewing pains like this online..
U indeed quoted the wrong person to type trash.
Is this wat u waste ur megabytes 4? Silly.
About begging to divorce.. what in d world brought about that? Was that supposed to b the topic of discussion or ur thoughts r dat dirty.
See mind ur self o. Don't even let me start with u already. Silly.ur d extremely pathetic one.. showing d world how pained,Bitter n unhappy u r.take some more honey to make ur life sweet...holy online ke. Do u know me,?? Ve we met B4? Ur words r just out of point. Go get a reasoning surgery n then I can spend some megabytes on u. Nico. ...

1 Like

Re: DEPORTED From The UK!! by justwise(m): 1:06pm On Dec 12, 2014
Classicalmusic:
OP, you've already kissed good bye to so many countries for a decade.

But your ban now is less than ten years from my own arithmetic cheesy

I will help you if you can tell me the whole truth. Sorry, I have no desire to annoy you. I read minds pretty well and so far so good, you're honest.

Which state are you currently? When exactly will your current passport expire?

Typical, tell us your mind reading result about his case.
Re: DEPORTED From The UK!! by Classicalmusic: 1:39pm On Dec 12, 2014
ellechrystal:

Excuse me .. Who in d hell is this dumb fellow.. r u 4 real ??
Wats ur sickening business with my thoughts? Or r u one of d waka waka? Ur so pathetic spewing pains like this online..
U indeed quoted the wrong person to type trash.
Is this wat u waste ur megabytes 4? Silly.
About begging to divorce.. what in d world brought about that? Was that supposed to b the topic of discussion or ur thoughts r dat dirty.
See mind ur self o. Don't even let me start with u already. Silly.ur d extremely pathetic one.. showing d world how pained,Bitter n unhappy u r.take some more honey to make ur life sweet...holy online ke. Do u know me,?? Ve we met B4? Ur words r just out of point. Go get a reasoning surgery n then I can spend some megabytes on u. Nico. ...
Hahahahaha, relax. I just wanted to wink at you. And you shouldn't be bothered.

Do not be sad, okay?
Just smile! smiley smiley grin
Re: DEPORTED From The UK!! by ellechrystal(f): 1:41pm On Dec 12, 2014
Classicalmusic:
Hahahahaha, relax. I just wanted to wink at you. And you shouldn't be bothered.

Do not be sad, okay?
Just smile! smiley smiley grin
cool
Re: DEPORTED From The UK!! by Classicalmusic: 1:42pm On Dec 12, 2014
justwise:

Typical, tell us your mind reading result about his case.
Justwise, the OP is very honest and interesting and I wonder why he decided to go for fake marriage. I think it has to do with peer-pressure. cheesy

The other guy, who talked about his passport being washed or something was absolutely lying. So I didn't want to say much.
Re: DEPORTED From The UK!! by Classicalmusic: 1:44pm On Dec 12, 2014

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Beautiful City Of Abeokuta, Ogun State (Pictures, Video) / Two Cars Collide At Airport Road, Oshodi Lagos (Photos) / How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.