Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,484 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:19 PM

Political Associate Of Chadian President Idriss Déby Arrested With Missiles - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Political Associate Of Chadian President Idriss Déby Arrested With Missiles (831 Views)

I Don't Know Where Shekau is-Chadian President / President Idriss Deby of Chad Announces Location Of Boko Haram Leader / Political Associate Of Chadian President Arrested With Missiles Mean for boko ha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Political Associate Of Chadian President Idriss Déby Arrested With Missiles by smada13(m): 12:21am On Nov 23, 2014
A Cameroonian investigative journalist,
Bisong Etahoben, is reporting via Twitter
the arrest of Mahamat Bichara Gnoti, a
close associate of Chadian President
IIdriss Déby Itno.

Mr. Gnoti was reportedly arrested on the Chadian-
Sudan border with 19 SAM2 missiles he purchased
from the Sudanese army meant for the Boko
Haram terrorist network in northeastern Nigeria.

Mr. Gnoti who claimed that President Idriss Déby
gave him the funds to purchase the weapons, had
waved a presidential pass issued to him by Mr.
Deby’s office in order to get past border guards
but was stopped and searched by the guards who
found the deadly weapons on him.

There has not been an official confirmation or
denial either by the Chadian or the Nigerian
authorities. A text message sent to the office of
Colonel Sambo Dasuki (rtd), the National Security
Adviser in Nigeria regarding Gnoti’s arrest did not
receive a response, an aide said Mr. Dasuki is
traveling in Mexico.

However, the arrest of Mr. Gnoti, if confirmed, will
provide solid evidence that the Chadian president
is largely behind the Boko Haram lightning
insurgency in Nigeria’s northwest.
Mr. Derby recently swindled the Nigerian
government out of millions of dollars in Nigeria's
failed attempt to negotiate the release of some 200
high school girls abducted by Boko Haram from
Chibok town last April.

On September 8th President Goodluck Jonathan
made a dramatic visit to N’djamena to meet with
Idris Derby, Mr. Jonathan was accompanied on the
trip by the former Governor of Borno State, Ali
Modu Sherrif.

The visit was condemned by opposition figures and
civil society groups in Nigeria as they see it as an
open embrace of individuals funding Boko Haram
militants.

An Australian negotiator, Stephen Davis had
accused Mr. Sheriff and former Chief of Army
Staff, Azubuike Ihejirika of actively funding Boko
Haram.

source: http://saharareporters.com/2014/11/22/political-associate-chadian-president-idriss-déby-arrested-missiles-meant-boko-haram#.VHD0JyEGBfI.facebook

1 Like

Re: Political Associate Of Chadian President Idriss Déby Arrested With Missiles by spartoo: 12:34am On Nov 23, 2014
when breeze blow, fowl nyash go open
Re: Political Associate Of Chadian President Idriss Déby Arrested With Missiles by Texykool: 12:36am On Nov 23, 2014
Re: Political Associate Of Chadian President Idriss Déby Arrested With Missiles by aresa: 12:42am On Nov 23, 2014

No wonder Boko is shooting down helicopters...
Re: Political Associate Of Chadian President Idriss Déby Arrested With Missiles by aresa: 12:44am On Nov 23, 2014

And the dummy looks on like the mumu he really is...smh

2 Likes

Re: Political Associate Of Chadian President Idriss Déby Arrested With Missiles by kelvin1191(m): 12:50am On Nov 23, 2014
Somtimes i wish OBJ is still in power! GEJ should start using his head to think and not waiting for Mama PEACE (PEJ) to be doing the thinking and implementation for him all the time.

1 Like

Re: Political Associate Of Chadian President Idriss Déby Arrested With Missiles by abacus(m): 1:02am On Nov 23, 2014
Shekau to us.

1 Like

Re: Political Associate Of Chadian President Idriss Déby Arrested With Missiles by Zakkyoz: 1:30am On Nov 23, 2014
........... and that is senator Ali Modu Sherif's partner in terrorism.

1 Like

Re: Political Associate Of Chadian President Idriss Déby Arrested With Missiles by gbodimowo(m): 2:05am On Nov 23, 2014
I was about to post this topic here but since you have done it let me park well here

1 Like

Re: Political Associate Of Chadian President Idriss Déby Arrested With Missiles by Generalkorex(m): 2:42am On Nov 23, 2014
I knew
Re: Political Associate Of Chadian President Idriss Déby Arrested With Missiles by SamIkenna: 6:07am On Nov 23, 2014
Average core northerner sees nationals of Chad, Niger, Mali, and Sudan as brothers and 'country men.' Yet these same people the north calls 'brothers' have, in the last 4 years, been desecrating core northern landscape alongside Boko Haram. The funny thing is that they would rather believe a phantom Uche, Tamuno, or Akpan is the real Boko Haram than their Chadian 'brother' sponsors. I guess blaming it on Okeke or Ihejirika helps them sleep at night.

Anyways, until the core north realizes that the politics of lake Chad oil basin is the reason Boko Haram isn't going anywhere soon, then I suggest they look for a longer list because in the end all our names will make it to Arewa's 'book' of Boko Haram sponsors. They'll probably write our names multiple times without noticing. Won't be surprised if by tomorrow Junaid takes to his megaphone and attacks Sam_Ikenna for sponsoring BH. Ask him why, he will tell you it had to be Ikenna because he (Junaid) has an Igbo daughter.

1 Like

Re: Political Associate Of Chadian President Idriss Déby Arrested With Missiles by smada13(m): 6:51am On Nov 23, 2014
SamIkenna:
Average core northerner sees nationals of Chad, Niger, Mali, and Sudan as brothers and 'country men.' Yet these same people the north calls 'brothers' have, in the last 4 years, been desecrating core northern landscape alongside Boko Haram. The funny thing is that they would rather believe a phantom Uche, Tamuno, or Akpan is the real Boko Haram than their Chadian 'brother' sponsors. I guess blaming it on Okeke or Ihejirika helps them sleep at night.

Anyways, until the core north realizes that the politics of lake Chad oil basin is the reason Boko Haram isn't going anywhere soon, then I suggest they look for a longer list because in the end all our names will make it to Arewa's 'book' of Boko Haram sponsors. They'll probably write our names multiple times without noticing. Won't be surprised if by tomorrow Junaid takes to his megaphone and attacks Sam_Ikenna for sponsoring BH. Ask him why, he will tell you it had to be Ikenna because he (Junaid) has an Igbo daughter.

God will so much bless you guy, I've been thinking towards that angle lately...

The Chadian President is using boko haram to destabilize the northeast so as to gain access to the lake chad oil reserve and be in sole control with Module Sheriff being his Nigerian partner. But its sad that GEJ is too dumb to use his brain.
Re: Political Associate Of Chadian President Idriss Déby Arrested With Missiles by AustineE1: 7:32am On Nov 23, 2014
smada13:

God will so much bless you guy, I've been thinking towards that angle lately...

The Chadian President is using boko haram to destabilize the northeast so as to gain access to the lake chad oil reserve and be in sole control with Module Sheriff being his Nigerian partner. But its sad that GEJ is too dumb to use his brain.
I thought you were right on point until mentioned GEJ,i shaked my head in disapproval and said,you got it all wrong.This is beyond GEJ,this is an agenda orchestrated over so many years by a section of the old order in the core-north and other islamic neighbouring countries.it happens that GEJ who is a minority christian from the south turned out to be the president and they the boko haram was ordered by their benefactors to 'unleash the dragon'.Boko Haram may never stop their terrorism against this country until the Islamic core north withdraws their direct or indirect support for the group.
Dont forget what happened in Mubi,when our soldiers left town,many muslims took to the street and were hailing and praising boko haram,infact a report likened it to the 'triumphant entry' in the bible,people were singing their praises and some took them to the houses of few christians in the town and they effectively eliminated their neighbours who are christians.

(1) (Reply)

I Feel Sorry For Goodluck Jonathan By Etcetera / Reasons Y You Should Not Vote For Buhari,lol / 2015;Who is to emerge as president

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.