Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,375 members, 7,781,050 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:03 AM

Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? (40230 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / What Conditions Should Warrant A D.N.A Test. / My 63-year-old Wife Starves Me Of Sex, Divorce-seeking Septuagenarian Tells Cour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by 4C2215131: 7:32pm On Nov 23, 2014
Jeezuzpick:

I want to believe what you just said about divorce, but, I just can't!

Why do a lot of people nowadays end up twice, thrice or even four times divorced?

Cue in some sick excuses for homo sapiens we now call "celebrities" as a case in point. What is glamorous about J.Lo marrying Nick Cannon as hubby no (?)

By the way, anyone who calls himself a Christian should live by the Word of God, or he/she quits Christianity. Please remember to look at the topic again.

Yes, I gazed at the topic with laser sharp optics (beats HD). Tell me of what use are you to the body of Christ when you are constantly abused physically and/or mentally by a Bible wielding knuckle-head of a spouse. Me thinks you even stand the chance of falling off the race, a situation informed by the despicable state of affairs in your marital life. Here's a hint; you really wanna make heaven? Divorce the sly and scheming prick before you un-wittingly commit murder and you and I know no murderer shall see the gates of St.Peter.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by luckycliff: 7:36pm On Nov 23, 2014
How Can You Find and Identify
the Church That Belongs To Jesus?
According to the New Testament, Jesus built His church and added all
saved people to it. What standard of authority, pattern, doctrine, or
creed did that church follow? What was its worship, work, name,
origin, and doctrine of salvation and forgiveness of sins? Did it have
an earthly organization, hierarchy, or centralized headquarters? How
does modern "Christianity" compare to the church of Christ? How
did Roman Catholicism and the denominations of the Protestant
Reformation originate in history? Does Jesus' church exist today? If
so, what characteristics should we seek in finding and identifying it?
Introduction
All serious Bible students agree that Jesus built only one church, and at
that time all saved people were in that one church (Matt. 16:18; Acts
2:47). But today there are actually hundreds of different denominations,
differing from one another in name, authority, worship, organization, plan
of salvation and forgiveness of sins, etc. Yet all claim to be Christian, to
follow Jesus, and to be pleasing to God.
The purpose of this study is to determine what Jesus wants us to
practice regarding church membership. What was Jesus' church like in
the first century? Does the church that Jesus built still exist today? If so,
how can we find and identify it? What does God think about all the many
different modern Catholic and Protestant denominations?
Now please take out your Bible and look up the >>> CAPITALIZED
Scriptures <<<. Then study for you own benefit each question marked **.
You may find a list of correct answers at the end of the study. ( Note: This
article is not intended to be submitted to us for grading. However, if you
wish to study this material as part of a graded course, please go to our
online Bible courses at www.BibleStudyLessons.com. Thank you.)
How important is Jesus' church?
Why should we study about Jesus' church? Some people think the church
has nothing to do with salvation, so you can be saved outside the church.
How important is the church to Jesus the Lord?
>>> Read ACTS 20:28. <<<
*1* How did Jesus make the church His? (a) He bought it with His blood,
(b) He came to set up an earthly kingdom but couldn't, so He made the
church instead, (c) somebody gave the church to Him.
*2* Can we be saved without Jesus' blood? (a) yes, (b) no.
*3* Then can we be saved outside Jesus' church? (a) yes, (b) no.
Jesus shed His blood to save us from sin (Ephesians 1:7; Revelation 1:5;
Romans 5:6-9). But the people who have been saved and purchased by that
blood are the people who are in the church!
>>> Read EPHESIANS 5:23,25. <<<
*4* For whom is Christ the Savior? (a) the nation of Israel only, (b) the
body (church), (c) all people will be saved.
*5* For whom did He give Himself? (a) the church, (b) white, middle-
class Americans only, (c) it doesn't matter.
Salvation can be obtained only through Jesus (Acts 4:12; John 14:6;
Hebrews 5:9; 7:25). But the body of people whom Jesus has saved is the
church. If the church has nothing to do with our salvation, why did the
Lord die for it?
The Lord adds to the church those who should be saved - Acts 2:47. Christ
is the Savior; but all those whose sins He has forgiven are in the church.
Those outside the church are yet in their sins. This is why it is vitally
important for us to learn about Jesus' church. (See also Ephesians 3:10,11;
Colossians 1:12-14; Hebrews 10:25; etc.)
The word "church" has different meanings.
In the Bible, the "church" always refers to a group of people, never to a
physical building. The word has two primary uses:
1. The church universally - the body of all saved people everywhere
(Matthew 16:18; Ephesians 5:22-25; Acts 2:47).
2. The church locally - a congregation of saved people in a certain area
who meet, work, and worship together (Jerusalem, Corinth, etc. - Acts 8:1;
13:1; 1 Corinthians 1:2; Galatians 1:2; Revelation 1:4).
We will study many examples of this word as we proceed.
First let us study the characteristics of the New Testament church, then we
will study the origin of the modern denominations.
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by toludadon(m): 7:38pm On Nov 23, 2014
Beey:
You did not answer the question all you did was bring in another question.We want a "yes" or "no" answer. Proverbs 4:6-7" Do not forsake wisdom, she will protect you ;love her and she will watch over you."Wisdom will protect you from potential premature death that could be caused by making dumb decisions

abi o...instead of him answering me, he went the way of semantics
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by ajapz(m): 7:39pm On Nov 23, 2014
according to Deuteronomy 24 vs 1 (kjv).. when a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it comes to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house......

@op, that passage will be of help to u
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by bokohalal(m): 7:41pm On Nov 23, 2014
I wonder always,how any reasonable person can be a Christian or Muslim. In fact, religious.
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by Beey(f): 7:44pm On Nov 23, 2014
toludadon:

abi o...instead of him answering me, he went the way of semantics
Yes,let the person define wisdom to us coz what you said was dismissed as foolishness.
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by zboyd: 7:47pm On Nov 23, 2014
OasisofRefuge:
Based on the bible, once you are married, there's no going back. except when there's a case of adultery or death. Today, people have minor differences and still divorce.As a child of God, is it acceptable to divorce under any condition apart from adultery? Can a Christian get married, and probably after realising the spouse is not good enough or not up to what he/she desires and ask for a divorce, and then remarries. Either this or remain in the marriage unhappy for ever. Can a Christian ask for divorce when there's domestic violence or stay in the marriage till the end of time? Please share with us based on God's word. Is there any reason why a child of God should divorce apart from adultery?

First, based on common sense and in the interest of self-preservation, no man or woman should be compelled to stay married to someone who is dangerous to their physical, spiritual and emotional safety...no matter what the Bible says.

Second, some people DO divorce for flimsy reasons but most have very good reasons for divorcing - ones that the Bible doesn't speak about - like abuse. Why? The time period and the status of women during that time period. In some societies, people are still living like they did centuries ago and possess almost the same backward mentality, especially when it comes to women and children.

Third, living with a spouse who is abusive and/or not living up to their wifely or husbandly duties, and going back and forth constantly is highly dysfunctional. If you've done all you could to solve marital conflicts and nothing changes, someone has to leave to make it end.

Fourth, your children are watching and learning about marriage from you. Young minds are shaped by what they see their parents doing. Do you want your son or daughter to find themselves in a marriage like yours? Adults owe it to their children to stop chaos in the home not enable it. Even if you do not want to leave a spouse due to marital issues, you owe it to your children not to make them put up with drama in their home.

While it's true that the Bible says God hates divorce, He wants marriages to succeed. God called us to life, not death – emotional, physical, or spiritual – at the hands of a person who is supposed to love us. He doesn't want us to sacrifice ourselves on the Altar Of Marriage.

Thank goodness, more and more pastors and Christian marriage counselors are coming to the realization that there are far more legitimate reasons for Christian couples to seek divorce than what is laid out in the Bible.

Good for them!

It's waaay past time!

2 Likes

Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by Glocal1: 8:07pm On Nov 23, 2014
honeric01:

These are divine interventions.. They were visited by a force (spiritual) that overpowered their weaknesses which was possible because they themselves wanted to be saved by God himself. Your comparison is not applicable in this issue.

Now can you compare this kind of changes to that of a man or woman pretending to be mild only to show their true colors when they achieve their aim?

Can you become an armed robber? To become an armed robber is an after thought, it didn't happen overnight, it must have been formulated in your mind, debated and discussed in your spirit you before a stand to be a criminal is achieved.

Lastly on this.. I repeat, no one changes overnight, what you are today was as a result of multiple things you do, didn't do, act or didn't act on yesterday.. You're only manifesting the you of yesterday today.
Don't christians backslide? People can change at any time due to pressure/circumstances or cares of life. That's why he admonished us to take heed else we fall. Also work out ur salvation, dat u r saved today doesn't mean u r forever saved. Its a matter of carrying ur cross n follow Him.
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by honeric01(m): 8:20pm On Nov 23, 2014
Glocal1:
Don't christians backslide? People can change at any time due to pressure/circumstances or cares of life. That's why he admonished us to take heed else we fall. Also work out ur salvation, dat u r saved today doesn't mean u r forever saved. Its a matter of carrying ur cross n follow Him.

people change but not overnight..

Before you backslide, the signals would have been on ground until it's fully public. From going to church 3 times a week to twice, to once, to few times a month to once a month to once in few months to once in few years.

Nothing instant!
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by jossyphobia(m): 8:25pm On Nov 23, 2014
[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by Originalsly: 8:36pm On Nov 23, 2014
Kemmiiee:

Huh ? I don't get your stance on this ..
Some women believe until death do us part is Biblical...and would therefore remain in an abusive relationship even if the husband is a blatant adulterer and be beating them every day..morning noon and night. You cannot convince such a person to walk out of the marriage....even for a period of time...they will prefer to remain and hope that the beast may change.
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by Glocal1: 8:47pm On Nov 23, 2014
Guidette:
As a child of parents who are still together, i would understand and support them if they had a divorce. Them staying together has been hell for us kids in the house. Marriage shouldnt hurt or be painful or be endured. If my mother keeps crying every night because she has to endure her marriage or cant divorce under no circumstance, is that life?
Hian! You blind xtians amaze me. I will literally throw a party the day my parents get divorced. For real!!!
Sometimes i really do think i dnt want to ever get married because of wat ive seen firsthand frm my parents marriage. Hmmm....
keep praying for dem, divorce n not even separation solves d problem. Nothing is impossible for HIM.
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by Greatomotoy: 9:01pm On Nov 23, 2014
Marriage is a CONTRACT WITHOUT A CLAUSE(check ur marriage certificate).

Divorce is a breach of CONTRACT(marriage). Biblically u are not suppose to REMARRY AFTER DIVORCE, if u do u are an adulterer. The best any true xtian should do when there is irreconcillable issue(s) is to SEPARATE WITHOUT REMARRYING.
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by Glocal1: 9:07pm On Nov 23, 2014
luckycliff:
How Can You Find and Identify
the Church That Belongs To Jesus?
According to the New Testament, Jesus built His church and added all
saved people to it. What standard of authority, pattern, doctrine, or
creed did that church follow? What was its worship, work, name,
origin, and doctrine of salvation and forgiveness of sins? Did it have
an earthly organization, hierarchy, or centralized headquarters? How
does modern "Christianity" compare to the church of Christ? How
did Roman Catholicism and the denominations of the Protestant
Reformation originate in history? Does Jesus' church exist today? If
so, what characteristics should we seek in finding and identifying it?
Introduction
All serious Bible students agree that Jesus built only one church, and at
that time all saved people were in that one church (Matt. 16:18; Acts
2:47). But today there are actually hundreds of different denominations,
differing from one another in name, authority, worship, organization, plan
of salvation and forgiveness of sins, etc. Yet all claim to be Christian, to
follow Jesus, and to be pleasing to God.
The purpose of this study is to determine what Jesus wants us to
practice regarding church membership. What was Jesus' church like in
the first century? Does the church that Jesus built still exist today? If so,
how can we find and identify it? What does God think about all the many
different modern Catholic and Protestant denominations?
Now please take out your Bible and look up the >>> CAPITALIZED
Scriptures <<<. Then study for you own benefit each question marked **.
You may find a list of correct answers at the end of the study. ( Note: This
article is not intended to be submitted to us for grading. However, if you
wish to study this material as part of a graded course, please go to our
online Bible courses at www.BibleStudyLessons.com. Thank you.)
How important is Jesus' church?
Why should we study about Jesus' church? Some people think the church
has nothing to do with salvation, so you can be saved outside the church.
How important is the church to Jesus the Lord?
>>> Read ACTS 20:28. <<<
*1* How did Jesus make the church His? (a) He bought it with His blood,
(b) He came to set up an earthly kingdom but couldn't, so He made the
church instead, (c) somebody gave the church to Him.
*2* Can we be saved without Jesus' blood? (a) yes, (b) no.
*3* Then can we be saved outside Jesus' church? (a) yes, (b) no.
Jesus shed His blood to save us from sin (Ephesians 1:7; Revelation 1:5;
Romans 5:6-9). But the people who have been saved and purchased by that
blood are the people who are in the church!
>>> Read EPHESIANS 5:23,25. <<<
*4* For whom is Christ the Savior? (a) the nation of Israel only, (b) the
body (church), (c) all people will be saved.
*5* For whom did He give Himself? (a) the church, (b) white, middle-
class Americans only, (c) it doesn't matter.
Salvation can be obtained only through Jesus (Acts 4:12; John 14:6;
Hebrews 5:9; 7:25). But the body of people whom Jesus has saved is the
church. If the church has nothing to do with our salvation, why did the
Lord die for it?
The Lord adds to the church those who should be saved - Acts 2:47. Christ
is the Savior; but all those whose sins He has forgiven are in the church.
Those outside the church are yet in their sins. This is why it is vitally
important for us to learn about Jesus' church. (See also Ephesians 3:10,11;
Colossians 1:12-14; Hebrews 10:25; etc.)
The word "church" has different meanings.
In the Bible, the "church" always refers to a group of people, never to a
physical building. The word has two primary uses:
1. The church universally - the body of all saved people everywhere
(Matthew 16:18; Ephesians 5:22-25; Acts 2:47).
2. The church locally - a congregation of saved people in a certain area
who meet, work, and worship together (Jerusalem, Corinth, etc. - Acts 8:1;
13:1; 1 Corinthians 1:2; Galatians 1:2; Revelation 1:4).
We will study many examples of this word as we proceed.
First let us study the characteristics of the New Testament church, then we
will study the origin of the modern denominations.
This is indeed the end-time, Christ even asked his disciples if he would find faith on earth by d time He comes back. I pray God keeps us n count us among d saved.
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by aklosx(m): 9:12pm On Nov 23, 2014
still learning who carry u come d first tym i say sorry to friend was d day he got married to his wife
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by okudah(m): 9:23pm On Nov 23, 2014
mencade5:
90% of christian marriages are shameful in the sight of God. A big disgrace.

God is never present in almost all weddings conducted in churches these days.

Reasons are double standard by the pastors. Instead of preaching abstinence they encouraged a fornicationalized relationship and joining them together in marriage.

Most of the ladies getting married are either 3 weeks, 1 month, or 4 months pregnants. Having the odacity to stand before a holy God is pure nonsense.

If God was their to bless them at all, he would have used a big thunder to strike these couples.

Lets stop deceiving ourselves all in the name of marriage. Divorce is rampant these days in christedom even the so called pastoprenuer are not left out.

Divorce will continue. Let people keep deceiving themselves. God does not attend saturday wedding these days. Quote me anywhere.

He hates adultery, he hates fornication, he hates murder ''abortion''.

Tell me most of these couples dont do this. Even the week of their wedding they still display this fornicating traits going round to sleep with the so called love of their lives for the last time before saying i do.

The world system has entered the church and its a big shame. Divorce will never stop after all when a man is impotent they woman will pack her property and run, later divorce follow.

When a woman cannot conceive, the man sends her away to get another woman.

Are these ones christians? They are all eye sores in the sight of God.
my brother u hv said it all cos i do not see d rizin y men of God re not requestn 4 a pregnancy doctors report if truly we re praticing christianity & d worst part of it is dat d so called men of God ll see d evidence of d pregnancy dat is more dan 1,2,3 months yet they ll go ahead with d worldly wedding,so tel me y d marriage ll not crash after d birth delively of dat pregancy.
Any God has said it all dat judgement ll start from his house QED
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by PrinxPeera(m): 9:24pm On Nov 23, 2014
Marriage is for better for worst till death..

Nothing is too big to bring about dìvorce not even adultery if u ask me.

1 Like

Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by Kemmiiee: 9:32pm On Nov 23, 2014
Originalsly:
Some women believe until death do us part is Biblical...and would therefore remain in an abusive relationship even if the husband is a blatant adulterer and be beating them every day..morning noon and night. You cannot convince such a person to walk out of the marriage....even for a period of time...they will prefer to remain and hope that the beast may change.

Azzin ! Since the day I heard of the guy that stabbed his wife 76 times, I made up my mind that the day a man raises his voice at me, I'm packing my things ..
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by Kemmiiee: 9:33pm On Nov 23, 2014
Fumike:

Leave the house for him and don't go back to him until e changes.if he divorce u den it is him dat has sin not u. U will just become a married singlegrin

Lol it's equivalent to divorce naw ..
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by robosky02(m): 9:35pm On Nov 23, 2014
Jesus Explains Why Divorce is Allowed

Matthew 19:8 He said to them, “Because of your hardness of heart Moses allowed you to divorce your wives, but from the beginning it was not so.
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Nov 23, 2014
speakthetruth:
Better to be single than to divorce. Marriage of course is a requisite for divorce. The absolute truth in christendom is never to divorce once married except you are a joker: no acceptable excuse to break up after marriage not even the popularly quoted-out-of-cotext case of adultery.
Pls , kindly explain that case of adultery for me since it is always quoted out of context.
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by Brush1: 9:40pm On Nov 23, 2014
Bode2:
na lie. You only pray to God to touch him

That is if such lady would be alive to say that prayer.
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by Taolyn4lif(m): 9:49pm On Nov 23, 2014
ajapz:
according to Deuteronomy 24 vs 1 (kjv).. when a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it comes to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house......

@op, that passage will be of help to u

If he divorces her because he finds uncleanliness in her, then where is his forgiveness? Remember the reply Jesus Christ gave Peter when he asked how oft shall a brother sin again him and he forgives him? Though not easy to forgive in this kind of situation, likewise it is not easy to make God's kingdom. Marriage is meant to be foreven no matter what. 'What God has joined together, let no man put asunder'.
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by PStacks(m): 10:00pm On Nov 23, 2014
mencade5:
90% of christian marriages are shameful in the sight of God. A big disgrace.

God is never present in almost all weddings conducted in churches these days.

Reasons are double standard by the pastors. Instead of preaching abstinence they encouraged a fornicationalized relationship and joining them together in marriage.

Most of the ladies getting married are either 3 weeks, 1 month, or 4 months pregnants. Having the odacity to stand before a holy God is pure nonsense.

If God was their to bless them at all, he would have used a big thunder to strike these couples.

Lets stop deceiving ourselves all in the name of marriage. Divorce is rampant these days in christedom even the so called pastoprenuer are not left out.

Divorce will continue. Let people keep deceiving themselves. God does not attend saturday wedding these days. Quote me anywhere.

He hates adultery, he hates fornication, he hates murder ''abortion''.

Tell me most of these couples dont do this. Even the week of their wedding they still display this fornicating traits going round to sleep with the so called love of their lives for the last time before saying i do.

The world system has entered the church and its a big shame. Divorce will never stop after all when a man is impotent they woman will pack her property and run, later divorce follow.

When a woman cannot conceive, the man sends her away to get another woman.

Are these ones christians? They are all eye sores in the sight of God.

Deception is the name of the game.

We don't just love it alone. Nigerians "Enjoy" to deceive their selves.

Politics,
Religion,
Economy,

Just name it. Same way we live in denial we are 1.

How can you tell me an Hausa man, a Yoruba man and an igbo man are one.

I for one, I have never believed in the concept of marriage let alone talk of divorce.

Marriage is like people just choking themselves up.

Everybody wants to be Free.

The rights to live,
The rights to live freely, and
The rights for the pursuit of happiness.

Those were the principles the founding fathers built America on.

Everybody must have the right to live, everybody must have the rights to live freely and everybody must have the right of pursuit of happiness.

When u are not happy in a marriage which is often times the case. You have rights for the pursuit of happiness.

Take o close look at nigeria.
Nigeria is a forced marriage of the hausa , yoruba and igbo people.

This marriage hasn't been the best of marriages, we can't continue this way and we can't afford to divorce, we are at a cross road. Like being inbetween the Devil anÐ the deep blue sea.

This insurgency of a thing is what has threatened this un-holy matrimony called nigeria the most.

Right now, I'm only trying to prepare for worst case scenario while I'm still somewhat hoping for the best.

We as a people are not different from our society at large.
Our society is a function of each and everyone of us.

Nigerians.. Who are we?
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by kittykat1(f): 10:02pm On Nov 23, 2014
Poznan:

Say things you know or what the bible teaches. Can u substantiate this from the bible? Is it not adultery and death that annuls a marriage? So where does the bible teach what u just said?

That wasn't even a marriage cos it was founded on falsehood.
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by luckycliff: 10:18pm On Nov 23, 2014
Part I: What Should Jesus' Church Be Like?
If the police were searching for a missing person, how would they identify
the correct person? They would need a description or list of identifying
characteristics: age, name, height, weight, etc.
Now suppose we want to find the church that belongs to Jesus. How can
we identify it?
>>> Read MATTHEW 7:15-21. <<<
*6* How can false teachers be identified? (a) by their outward appearance,
(b) by their unkind manners, (c) by their fruits.
*7* What are the "fruits" of God's followers? (a) they do the will of the
Father, (b) they just call Jesus "Lord," (c) they just believe.
The true church can be identified because it teaches and practices the will
of God. By learning Jesus' will for His church, we can know the
identifying marks of His church. [Cf. 1 John 2:3-6]
Consider these characteristics:
A. The Doctrinal Standard of the Church
What law or rules should the church follow to determine what it
believes, teaches, and practices?
>>> Read EPHESIANS 1:22,23. <<<
*8* Who is Head over all things to the church? (a) John the Baptist, (b)
Peter, (c) Jesus.
*9* Whose control, then, should the church submit to? (a) Mohammed,
(b) Jesus, (c) a council of men.
>>> Read COLOSSIANS 3:17. <<<
*10* What must be done in Jesus' name (by His authority)? (a) everything
we do, (b) only the things we want to do, (c) whatever a preacher says.
Since Jesus built and purchased the church, it must follow His directions.
His will is revealed in the New Testament (1 Corinthians 14:37; 2
Timothy 3:16,17; Ephesians 3:3-5).
(See also Ephesians 5:23; Colossians 1:18; 2:19; John 12:48; Acts
3:22,23; Matthew 28:18-20; Luke 6:46; Hebrews 5:9.)
May the church follow man-made laws?
>>> Read 2 JOHN 9. <<<
*11* What is our condition if we do not abide in the teachings of Jesus?
(a) God overlooks it, (b) we get another chance after death, (c) we do not
have the Father or Son.
>>> Read MATTHEW 15:9. <<<
*12* What does God think of worship that is based on man-made
teachings? (a) it is vain, (b) He encourages it, (c) it doesn't matter.
>>> Read GALATIANS 1:8,9. <<<
*13* What happens if we preach a gospel different from the New
Testament? (a) nothing, (b) we are accursed, (c) no one knows.
*14* Would a church be honoring Jesus as Lord if it follows doctrines or
practices not found in the Bible? (a) yes, (b) no.
If Jesus' church exists today, it must strive to listen to all His teachings
and must avoid practices not found in His teachings.
(See Revelation 22:18,19; Proverbs 14:12; 3:5,6; Jeremiah 10:23.)
B. The Origin or Beginning of the Church
>>> Read MATTHEW 16:15-18. <<<
*15* What did Jesus promise to build? (a) a social club, (b) an
entertainment, recreational club, (c) His church, (d) all the preceding.
*16* Did the church exist when Jesus said this? (a) yes, (b) no.
*17* To whom would the church belong? (a) Peter, (b) Jesus, (c) John the
Baptist.
*18* How many churches did Jesus promise to build? (a) one, (b) ten, (c)
hundreds.
This passage and all passages before Acts 2 speak of the church as coming
in the future (see also Isaiah 2:2,3; Daniel 2:44; Mark 1:15; 9:1; Acts
1:4-cool.
But passages after Acts 2 all speak of the church as being in existence (see
Acts 2:47; 5:11; 8:1-3; 11:22,26; Colossians 1:13; etc.).
So the church that belongs to Jesus began in Jerusalem on Pentecost after
Jesus' ascension (Acts 2:38,41,47).
*19* Suppose men begin a church at a place and time other than
Jerusalem on Pentecost. Would it be Jesus' church? (a) yes, (b) no.
We are looking for the church Jesus began on Pentecost in Jerusalem.
C. The Names or Designations of the Church
Names are important to God. He sometimes named people before they
were born, or changed their names later (Genesis 17:5,15,19; 32:27,28;
Luke 1:13; Matt. 1:21; Isaiah 62:2; etc.). What terms or phrases does the
Lord want us to use to refer to the church and its members?
Terms used for the church:
The church of Christ or of God (Matthew 16:18; Romans 16:16; 1
Corinthians 1:2; etc.).
The house or family of God (1 Timothy 3:15; Ephesians 2:16,19;
Galatians 6:10).
The kingdom of Christ (Colossians 1:13; Matthew 16:18,19; Revelation
1:9; Hebrews 12:28).
The body of Christ (Ephesians 1:22,23; 4:4-6; Colossians 1:18).
Note that all these terms give honor to God the Father or the Son, and
show our relationship to them.
Terms used for individual members of the church:
Disciples (Acts 11:26; 20:7; 8:3; 9:1).
Children of God (2 Corinthians 6:16-18; 1 John 3:2).
Christians (Acts 11:26; 26:28; 1 Peter 4:16).
>>> Read 1 CORINTHIANS 1:10-13. <<<
*20* What sin occurred at Corinth? (a) groups were named after men, (b)
men were exalted instead of Jesus, (c) division, (d) all the preceding.
Naming the church after a particular doctrine likewise violates the
principles of this passage, promotes division, and fails to exalt God.
One of the fruits of Jesus' church was that it wore names that glorify God
and Christ. It never wore names that honor men, were invented by men, or
exalted some particular Bible doctrine.
D. The Steps to Enter the Church
Some churches teach that there are some things a person must do to be
saved, and then afterward there are other things he must do to join the
church. But the church is the body of all saved people (Ephesians 5:23,25;
Acts 20:28; Colossians 1:13). Therefore, whenever one receives the
forgiveness of his sins, he automatically becomes a member of the church
at the same time and by the same steps.
You cannot be voted into the Lord's church, you cannot purchase
membership in it, and you cannot "join" it. You simply obey the gospel
and let God add you (Acts 2:47).
To be forgiven of sins, one must take the following steps:
Hear the gospel (John 6:44,45; Romans 10:17).
Believe it (Romans 1:16; Hebrews 11:6; John 8:24).
Repent (Acts 17:30; 2 Corinthians 7:10; 2 Peter 3:9).
Confess Christ (Romans 10:9,10; Acts 8:37).
Be baptized (immersed) for the purpose of receiving forgiveness (Acts
2:38; 22:16; Mark 16:16; Romans 6:3,4; 1 Peter 3:21).
At baptism, one's sins are forgiven and the Lord then adds him to the
church (Acts 2:38,47; 1 Corinthians 12:13).
*21* Suppose a church teaches some other way for people to be saved.
Would it be honoring Jesus as Lord? (a) yes, (b) no.
*22* In fact, would the people in that church even have received
forgiveness of sins? (a) yes, (b) no.
We are looking for the church that teaches just what the gospel says about
salvation.
E. The Worship Offered in the Church Assemblies
The Lord taught His church to do five things when they meet.
1. Teaching
>>>Read ACTS 2:42. <<<
*23* In what activities did these disciples continue steadfastly? (a) the
apostles' doctrine, (b) prayer, (c) breaking of bread, (d) all the preceding.
We should teach only God's word, not man's. (cf. Acts 20:7; 11:26;
Hebrews 10:24f.)
2. Prayer (see Acts 2:42 above)
In Bible study, God talks to us. In prayer, we talk to God. (cf. 1
Corinthians 14:15; Philippians 4:6; Acts 4:23-31; 1 Timothy 2:5.)
3. Giving
>>>Read 1 CORINTHIANS 16:1,2. <<<
*24* How did the church obtain financial income? (a) raffles, bingo, (b)
bake-sales, rummages, (c) collections, (d) all the preceding.
*25* When were the collections taken up? (a) seventh day of the week, (b)
first day of the week, (c) as often as possible.
*26* How did the members decide how much to give? (a) according to
prosperity, (b) the preacher decided for them, (c) they gave a tenth.
The church took up collections from the members on the first day of the
week. Each member gave generously according to prosperity. The church
never used tithing (requiring 10%), nor man-made fund-raising methods
like bingo, raffles, rummages, etc. (cf. 2 Cor. 8:1-5; 9:6,7.)
4. Lord's Supper (communion or breaking of bread)
>>> Read 1 CORINTHIANS 11:23-26. <<<
*27* What do the bread and cup remind us of? (a) Jesus' body and blood,
(b) the creation, (b) the giving of the 10 commands.
*28* Would it be right to have bacon and eggs on the Lord's table? (a) yes,
(b) no.
We should eat the bread and drink the fruit of the vine in memory of
Jesus' body and blood. (cf. Matthew 26:17-30; Acts 2:42):
>>> Read ACTS 20:7. <<<
*29* When did the disciples break bread? (a) at Easter and Christmas, (b)
on the last day of the week, (c) on the first day of the week.
*30* How often does this day occur? (a) once per year, (b) once per
month, (c) once per week.
When God has specified memorial feasts, He has always told people when
to do them. If He said to do it on a certain day of a certain month of the
year, it would be an annual feast (Ex. 12:6,14,24ff; Lev. 23:24,27). If He
said to do it on a certain day of the month, it would be a monthly
observance (Ezek. 46:1,6,7). If He said to do it on a certain day of the
week, then it would be observed weekly (such as the sabbath - Ex.
20:8-11).
Likewise, since God has revealed that disciples had the Lord's supper on
the first day of the week, we should do it as often as that day occurs. Note
that this is the same day on which we have the collection. Some churches
have annual or monthly communion. Do they also take up collections only
annually or monthly?!
5. Singing
>>> Read EPHESIANS 5:19. <<<
*31* What act of worship is commanded here? (a) prayer, (b) singing, (c)
none.
*32* Is God pleased if we just mouth the words? (a) yes, (b) no.
*33* What purposes are accomplished by singing? (a) praising God and
teaching others, (b) showing off musical ability, (c) entertainment to draw
big crowds.
Every New Testament passage that mentions music in worship, specifies
singing (Colossians 3:16; 1 Corinthians 14:15; Romans 15:9; Hebrews
2:12; James 5:13). There are two kinds of music - singing (vocal) and
playing (instrumental).
*34* Since Jesus expressly says to "sing," are we honoring Jesus if we add
another kind of music (playing on instruments)? (a) yes, (b) no.
To use instruments of music in worship is to follow human authority. It
fails to honor Jesus just like bacon and eggs on the Lord's Table.
>>> Read HEBREWS 10:25. <<<
*35* What error should Christians avoid? (a) forsaking the assembling
together, (b) giving too much money, (c) attending too often.
*36* Would a church be following Jesus as Lord if it worshipped in ways
that are not found in the gospel? (a) yes, (b) no.
Note: Individual Christians should study the Bible, pray, and sing
regularly in private, but in this lesson we are considering our praise to
God in church meetings.
We are looking for the church that worships God just the way the New
Testament teaches. When we find it, we should strive diligently to attend
whenever the church meets.
F. The Work or Mission of the Church
>>> Read ACTS 11:26. <<<
*37* What work did the church in Antioch accomplish? (a) entertainment
and recreation, (b) social functions, (c) assembling to teach and study
God's word.
The church is the "pillar and ground of the truth" - 1 Timothy 3:15. It
teaches the gospel to the lost and edifies the members (see also Acts
11:22; 20:7; Hebrews 10:24,25; Ephesians 4:11-16; Philippians 4:14-18).
The church also cares for its own physically needy members (Acts
4:32-35; 6:1-6; 1 Corinthians 16:1,2; 2 Corinthians 8 & 9; 1 Timothy
5:16).
The primary work of the church is spiritual. It helps people be right with
God so they can receive eternal life. The church we are looking for is not a
social or recreational club, nor a general welfare society. Any church that
does these other works fails to honor the Lord. (See also John 18:36;
6:63,27; 2 Corinthians 10:3-5.)
G. The Organization of the Church
Universal Church Government
>>> Read EPHESIANS 1:22,23. <<<
*38* Who is head over the church? (a) Peter, (b) Jesus, (c) some other
man.
*39* He is head over how many things to the church? (a) things in heaven
only, (b) things on earth only, (c) all things.
*40* What is left for men to be head over? (a) church laws, (b) things on
earth, (c) nothing.
*41* Where is Jesus now (Hebrews 8:1; 1 Peter 3:22)? (a) Jerusalem, (b)
heaven, (c) Rome.
*42* Then where is the headquarters of Jesus church? (a) heaven, (b)
Rome, (c) Salt Lake City.
As Head of the church, Jesus has made all the laws and revealed them in
His word. His church has no earthly headquarters or governing body. No
man or group of men may make laws for the church.
Local Church Organization
A local church consists of saints (members) with the bishops and deacons
(Philippians 1:1).
>>> Read ACTS 20:17,28. <<<
*43* What is the work of elders? (a) oversee and feed (shepherd) the
church, (b) make laws, (c) just the same as the other members.
*44* How many flocks (churches) did these elders oversee (v17)? (a) the
one at Ephesus, (b) all those in the surrounding region, (c) all churches in
the world.
>>> Read 1 PETER 5:1-3. <<<
*45* What is the work of elders? (a) feed (shepherd) the flock, (b) oversee
the church, (c) set a good example, (d) all the preceding.
*46* An eldership should have oversight of the work of how many
churches? (a) as many as they can, (b) as many as will send them money,
(c) the one among them.
(Note that "elder" is just another name for an overseer or "bishop" and a
shepherd or "pastor."wink
Each local church must work to appoint a plurality of elders (Acts 14:23).
To be appointed, these men must possess certain qualifications (1
Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9). When they have been appointed, they guide
the local church in obeying God's word. The oversight of each eldership is
limited to the one local church where they have been appointed.
One of the fruits of Jesus' church is that Christ is the only Head. There is
no earthly headquarters or centralized institutions, but each congregation
functions independently under its own officers.
*47* If a church follows human changes in this pattern, would it be
honoring Jesus as Lord? (a) yes, (b) no.
We have now studied the "fruits" or characteristics of Jesus' church. Since
God is no respecter of persons, He still requires His church to possess
these same characteristics today. If we seek Jesus' church, we must find
the one that follows His will in all these ways. Any church that does not
have these characteristics, cannot be the church Jesus built.
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by luckycliff: 10:25pm On Nov 23, 2014
Part II. How Did the Modern Denominations Begin?
Jesus built one church, and the Bible tells us what it should be like. Today
there are many different denominations. Is God pleased by their
existence? Where did they come from?
A. Warnings of Departure from the Gospel
>>> Read ACTS 20:28-30. <<<
*48* What danger does Paul warn about? (a) following the Bible too
closely, (b) condemning sin too firmly, (c) following false teachers.
*49* Can religious leaders lead people into error? (a) yes, (b) no.
>>> Read 2 TIMOTHY 4:2-4. <<<
*50* What error will people be guilty of? (a) turning away from truth, (b)
rebuking false teachers, (c) being too intolerant.
*51* What kind of teachers will they want? (a) men who preach truth, (b)
men who please the people, (c) men who oppose error.
>>> Read 1 TIMOTHY 4:1-3. <<<
*52* What does the Spirit predict will happen? (a) everyone will be saved,
(b) the saved will never be lost, (c) some will depart from the faith and
follow error, (d) all the preceding.
*53* What particular doctrines will be taught? (a) it is wrong to eat meats,
(b) people should not marry, (c) both of the preceding.
Throughout history, false teachers have tried to lead God's people astray.
In particular, Jesus warned that error would enter among the leaders of His
people, and some would even forbid marriage and command to abstain
from meats. To please Jesus, however, God's true people must reject these
false teachings. (See also Matthew 7:15-23; Galatians 1:6-10; 1 John
4:1,6; 2 Corinthians 11:13-15; 2 John 9-11; Ephesians 5:11; Matthew
15:14.)
B. The Beginning of the Catholic Church
In Jesus' plan for His church, He is to be the only head, and no man-made
laws or earthly headquarters are allowed. No officers may oversee more
than one local church.
However, after the church began, departure occurred as time passed, just
as predicted in the Scriptures above. Certain congregations began to exalt
one elder above the others. As new churches began, this exalted "bishop"
would assume the oversight of several churches in a region called a
"diocese."
Soon, bishops were meeting in councils to issue "church laws." The first
universal council, to which all churches were invited to send
representatives, was held in Nicea in 325 A.D. Later, discussion arose
regarding who would be the earthly head of the whole church. Finally, in
the sixth or seventh century A.D., the Bishop of Rome was generally
recognized as "Pope." Clearly, this is a departure from Jesus' plan for
church organization.
Meanwhile, the church was adopting other new practices. Listed below are
the approximate dates when many of the practices came to be generally
accepted. (Note: This historical information can be documented by
checking encyclopedias or church history books, including Catholic
sources.)
PRACTICE DATE
Use of images in worship 4th century
Infant baptism 4th century
Celibacy of priests 4th century
Purgatory 6th century
Instrumental music (first used) 7th century
Confession to priest 9th century
Indulgences 12th century
Sprinkling for baptism 1311
Cup withheld from laity 1416
Infallibility of the Pope 1870
Note especially celibacy, which forbids priests to marry. The Catholic
church has also commanded members to abstain from meats on Fridays
during Lent. This expressly fulfills 1 Timothy 4:1-3.
The changes we have described resulted in the Roman Catholic church.
"By their fruits you shall know them" (Matt. 7:15-21). Does the Catholic
church show the fruits of being Jesus' church?
Contrary to its claims, the Catholic church is not truly "the first church,"
but is rather the first major apostasy from the true church. If we wish to
find Jesus' church, we must look elsewhere. (Note that we have no desire
to hurt people in any particular religious group. We present these facts so
people can know the truth and honor Jesus as their Lord - Luke 6:46; Rev.
3:19.)
C. The Beginning of Protestant Denominations
As Rome departed further from God's word, many Catholics began to
object. At that time the church allowed only Latin translations of the
Bible, which the common people could not understand. In the 1400's and
1500's, men like John Wycliffe and William Tyndale translated the Bible
into English. For this, the church burned Wycliffe's bones and made a
martyr of Tyndale!
In 1517, a Catholic monk named Martin Luther nailed his "95 Theses" (or
points of disagreement) to the door of a church building in Wittenburg,
Germany. Other men like Zwingli and Calvin joined the movement of
"protest," not to start a new church, but to "reform" the Catholic church.
Unable to sway the church, however, each of these men (or their
followers) eventually began a new church separate from Rome and
separate from the other Protestant churches.
Here are some examples:
NAME DATE PLACE FOUNDER
Lutheran 1530 Germany Martin Luther
Church of England 1534 England Henry VIII
Presbyterian 1536 Switzerland John Calvin
Baptist 1609 Holland John Smyth
Methodist 1739 England John Wesley
Mormon 1830 America Joseph Smith
7th Day Adventist 1846 America Miller/White
Jehovah's Witnesses 1872 America C. Russell
(Again, this information can be verified in any good encyclopedia or
church history, including those written by men in the churches listed. Note
that some dates are approximate.)
Remember, "by their fruits you shall know them" (Matt. 7:15-21). Let us
compare the fruits of these denominations to the characteristics of Jesus'
church.
Authority - Most denominations have creeds the church follows as law in
addition to the Bible.
Origin - No Protestant denomination existed as an organized, functioning
body, separate from the Catholic apostasy, prior to 1500 AD. They were
all begun by men in times and places other than the day of Pentecost in
Jerusalem (Acts 2).
Name - Nearly all denominations have names invented by men and not
found in the gospel. Their names honor men and special doctrines, not
God and Christ.
Salvation - Most denominations practice sprinkling, pouring, and infant
baptism. Most teach salvation by "faith only" (baptism is not necessary to
salvation).
Worship - Most practice annual or monthly communion, instrumental
music, holy days, tithing and other man-made fund-raising methods.
Work - Most denominations practice the "Social Gospel" - church-
sponsored recreation, entertainment, etc.
Organization - Nearly all denominations have earthly headquarters,
central governing bodies, boards and institutions of all kinds that
centralize the work and government of the church.
Protestant leaders had some admirable goals, but all of them (or their
followers) clung to many basic errors of Catholicism and even added
some new ones. Every Protestant denomination differs from the church of
Christ on many or all of the above points. Yet God forbids such departures
from His way and warns us not to be part of such groups. Again, if we
wish to find the church belonging to Jesus, we must look elsewhere.
D. God's Attitude Toward Religious Division
Denominations are divided, contradicting and disagreeing with one
another. People often say, "All the churches are following Jesus. It doesn't
matter where you attend, or what you believe, as long as you worship the
true God. Just join the church of your choice." What does Jesus say? Is He
pleased by all these denominations?
>>> Read JOHN 17:20,21. <<<
*54* In what way should we be like the Father and the Son? (a) we must
overlook division, (b) we must be united as one, (c) we must tolerate
error.
*55* In what ways do the Father and the Son contradict one another? (a)
about how to worship, (b) about how to be saved, (c) about what church to
attend, (d) none of the preceding. (See also John 12:49,50.)
The existence of many different churches contradicts Jesus' prayer for
unity.
>>> Read 1 CORINTHIANS 1:10,13. <<<
*56* Is God pleased by division? (a) yes, (b) no.
*57* Are denominations (a) united, or (b) divided?
*58* Is Christ divided? Does He contradict Himself? (a) yes, (b) no.
*59* Jesus does not contradict Himself, but churches do contradict one
another. So are "all the churches following Jesus"? (a) yes, (b) no.
When a preacher knowingly preaches contradictory things to different
people, we call him a hypocrite. But denominations contradict one
another, yet they all say they get their teaching from Jesus. What would
that make Jesus?! Denominationalism violates God's law against division
(Galatians 5:19-21; Philippians 2:2f).
>>> Read 1 CORINTHIANS 14:33. <<<
*60* Is God the author of confusion? (a) yes, (b) no.
*61* Is the existence of many churches confusing? (a) yes, (b) no.
*62* Is God the source of all the denominations? (a) yes, (b) no.
God did not create the modern denominations, so they must have been
begun by men. They are not in the Bible, therefore they exist contrary to
God's authority. When churches disagree, one may be right and the others
wrong, or they may all be wrong, but they cannot all be right!
>>> Read EPHESIANS 4:3-6. <<<
*63* What should we strive to keep? (a) miracles for today, (b) unity, (c)
a pope, (d) all the preceding.
*64* How many true "God and Fathers" are there? (a) one, (b) hundreds,
(c) it does not matter.
*65* Can we please God if we think there are many Gods and we may just
worship the god of our choice? (a) yes, (b) no.
*66* How many "bodies" and "faiths" are there? (a) hundreds, (b) one, (c)
it does not matter.
*67* Can we please God if we think there are hundreds of different bodies
and faiths, so it doesn't matter what we believe and we can just take our
choice? (a) yes, (b) no.
There may be many false gods, but there is only one true God, according
to Jesus' teaching. In the same way, there is only one true body (church)
and only one true faith. All others are false. [Cf. 1 Corinthians 12:12-20]
>>> Read 2 CORINTHIANS 6:17-17:1. <<<
*68* What must we do to be God's true children? (a) just follow our
preacher, (b) keep our family religion, (c) separate from error.
*69* May we continue to be part of churches and practices that are not
found in the gospel? (a) yes, (b) no.
Jesus the Lord established one church. Denominations did not exist in the
New Testament, and division is condemned. Jesus requires us to follow
His same gospel pattern, but Catholic and Protestant churches are
departures from His pattern. Therefore, we must not be members of any of
these groups. Are you a member of one of these man-made churches? [Cf.
2 John 9-11; Eph. 5:11; Matt. 15:14]
E. The Existence of Jesus' True Church Today
If we cannot find the true church among the Protestant or Catholic
churches, where can we find it? Does it exist? Since we must be members
of it to be saved, how can people today be saved?
>>> Read 1 PETER 1:22-25. <<<
*70* How do we purify our souls? (a) just believe in Jesus, (b) obey the
truth, (c) pray to Mary.
*71* What is the seed by which we are born again? (a) God's word, (b)
human creeds, (c) denominational doctrine, (d) all the preceding.
*72* How long will this seed endure? (a) till the middle ages, (b) till the
1800's, (c) forever.
"The seed is the word of God" - Luke 8:11. God's creations, including the
church, reproduce by means of seed. When men hear the gospel with
receptive hearts, they will believe and obey. As a result, they are "born
again" into God's family, the church. (See James 1:18; Luke 8:15; Romans
1:16; 10:17; Mark 16:15,16; John 3:3-5.)
>>> Read GALATIANS 6:7. <<<
The seed always reproduces after its own kind. To get the right "fruit," we
must plant the right "seed"! The reason denominations do not produce the
right fruit is that they plant the wrong seed.
*73* When a seed grows, what kind of plant results? (a) the same kind as
the seed came from, (b) it changes from year to year, (c) you never know.
(cf. Genesis 1:11,21ff)
At any time or place, the same seed always produces the same kind of
living thing. This is also true of doctrines.
*74* Suppose you believed and obeyed Buddhist doctrine. What would
that make you? (a) a Christian, (b) a Hindu, (c) a Buddhist.
Man-made doctrines reproduce after their own kind and make people
members of man-made religious groups.
*75* In the first century, when people heard and obeyed the gospel of
Christ, what kind of Christians did they become and what church did they
become members of? (a) Lutherans, (b) Catholics, (c) just Christians,
members of Jesus' church.
*76* If you were to obey simply the gospel today, without any man-made
changes, what kind of Christian would you become and what church would
that make you a member of? (a) the same as in the first century, (b) a
modern denomination, (c) no one knows.
Anytime and anyplace, when a person obeys only the gospel, he becomes a
Christian, exactly like people were in the first century. They were not
members of any of the modern denominations and neither should people
today be. The Lord will add people today to His church, just as He did in
the first century (Acts 2:47). These saved people must then work and
worship with a faithful local church.
Conclusion
People who wish to be saved must be members of the Lord's one true
church. Faithful local congregations of God's people already exist in
thousands of communities throughout the world. Wherever they are, they
seek to follow simply God's word without any human changes. Members
of these churches have humbly received forgiveness through Jesus' blood
according to the gospel. They are scriptural in name, origin, worship,
work, and organization.
Since salvation is free to all, you too can obey the gospel and enter Jesus'
true church (Matthew 28:18-20; Romans 1:16; Acts 2:39; Titus 2:11,12; 2
Peter 3:9).
Do you believe the truths presented in this lesson? Will you submit to
Jesus' commands today?
Correct answers to the questions are as follows:
*1* = a, *2* = b, *3* = b, *4* = b, *5* = a, *6* = c, *7* = a, *8* = c, *9*
= b, *10* = a, *11* = c, *12* = a, *13* = b, *14* = b, *15* = c, *16* = b,
*17* = b, *18* = a, *19* = b, *20* = d, *21* = b, *22* = b, *23* = d, *24*
= c, *25* = b, *26* = a, *27* = a, *28* = b, *29* = c, *30* = c, *31* = b,
*32* = b, *33* = a, *34* = b, *35* = a, *36* = b, *37* = c, *38* = b, *39*
= c, *40* = c, *41* = b, *42* = a, *43* = a, *44* = a, *45* = d, *46* = c,
*47* = b, *48* = c, *49* = a, *50* = a, *51* = b, *52* = c, *53* = c, *54*
= b, *55* = d, *56* = b, *57* = b, *58* = b, *59* = b, *60* = b, *61* = a,
*62* = b, *63* = b, *64* = a, *65* = b, *66* = b, *67* = b, *68* = c, *69*
= b, *70* = b, *71* = a, *72* = c, *73* = a, *74* = c, *75* = c, *76* = a
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Nov 23, 2014
Kemmiiee:

Lol it's equivalent to divorce naw ..

As long as I didn't sign any papers it isn't divorce.
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by smartg(m): 12:44am On Nov 24, 2014
Zakkyoz:
Use your instinct. Quit when you are fed up. Marriage is designed to be enjoyed and not endured.
that's how d oyibos does in their own country, here in Nigeria we don't quit marriages any how.
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by Jj222(f): 2:29am On Nov 24, 2014
[quote author=sammieguze post=28268570]Biblically, fornication and death.

Mat 19, 7-10. Noted
Re: Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? by dungas30(m): 10:21am On Nov 24, 2014
i start wit a question. is it beta for one of them to kill the other one before you now dat the scripture is fulfil? or is beta to quit peacefully an all of them to stay alive?.somtymz forcing pple to for beta for worse has result to the other person taking the other once live in oda to have the biblical freedom of mariage. so i recomend that if the troble insist for devource pls seprate them before it call for a no solving isue. tanx .

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? / Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck / Guy Shares Photos Of His Mother Who Looks More Like His Elder Sister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 223
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.