Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,929 members, 7,806,692 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:03 PM

What Is Wrong For A Wife To Be Older In Age Than Her Husband?? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is Wrong For A Wife To Be Older In Age Than Her Husband?? (3601 Views)

Uk-based Wife Disrupts Wedding Between Her Husband & New Wife - pics / Dear Family Please Advice A Wife To Be!!! / Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Wrong For A Wife To Be Older In Age Than Her Husband?? by Nobody: 9:10am On Nov 25, 2014
This reminds me of a very sad but true story
Boy travels abroad and changed his age on his papers to make him 3 years older than his real age and stuck to that age. I guess due to previous visa refusals
Boy meets girl, they both like each other and start dating and fall in love
He proposes and they go to meet both parents
The boy acted badly by not letting the girl know his real age as soon as he saw hat they were getting serious and the girl never found out the real age until much later down the line. It turns out that she is 6 months older than the guy
She calls off the relationship saying she cant marry someone she is older is
She wouldnt listen to pleas from the guy
She suffered a mental breakdown
This happened 5 years ago.
He is married and she is on meds.
Very sad story
The age thing ruined a good relationship
Re: What Is Wrong For A Wife To Be Older In Age Than Her Husband?? by bukatyne(f): 9:20am On Nov 25, 2014
^^^^

It is the work of the girl's enemy in the village and I am glad the boy is happily married

@OP: No biggie for me

I would rather marry someone younger than several years older than I am

@saying women age faster than men, then the age difference between couple must matter to cover up for it
Re: What Is Wrong For A Wife To Be Older In Age Than Her Husband?? by red101(f): 11:44am On Dec 26, 2014
hmm...nothing wrong in it. I believe that it is easier when the couple is older than when they are younger though. ex a 24yr old girl with a 22 yr old guy is weird. but a 29yr old girl with a 27yr old guy to me is not so bad

@Chaircover,
I think the reason she broke up with him might be more the fact that he lied and didn't tell her his age for a very long time. such a lie like that is serious to some.
Re: What Is Wrong For A Wife To Be Older In Age Than Her Husband?? by austine4real(m): 2:13pm On Dec 26, 2014
I'v nt dated any lady older dan me, i try it b4 i'l comment
Re: What Is Wrong For A Wife To Be Older In Age Than Her Husband?? by Goldenboy007(m): 3:36pm On Dec 26, 2014
In principle, nothing is wrong with it! However gender characteristics have much influence on the quality of a relationship. The conception that "love" is the sole sustenance of a relationship is a fallacy! Emotions are ephemeral, therefore when sentiments disappear other factors will come to play - this is the time insignificant and overlooked variables determine the success of that marriage!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mother-in-law Vs Daughter-in-law;your Opinion Is Needed / Genital Warts In The Family / Shocking!! 40 Yr Old Mother Who Is Sleeping With Her Son Is Now Pregnant For Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.