Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:56 AM

Yet Another Unanswered Question On Creation for atheists/scientists - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Yet Another Unanswered Question On Creation for atheists/scientists (7499 Views)

Unanswered Question In The Bible That Needs To Be Cleared / Bad News For Atheists: Scientists Say Cosmos Shouldn't Exist If Big Bang Is True / Questions For Atheists!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yet Another Unanswered Question On Creation for atheists/scientists by honourhim: 12:33am On Nov 25, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:
@ op. Don't you find it curious that Babel was mentioned in chapter 10 of Genesis as the beginning of kingdom of Nimrod, the hunter. Then the name Babel gets coined in chapter 11 of the same book ? Weird book this bible.

I dont get your point here. You sound confused. Again, address the issue at hand and stop digressing

1 Like

Re: Yet Another Unanswered Question On Creation for atheists/scientists by dalaman: 12:35am On Nov 25, 2014
honourhim:

You simply told me an account you read and believed, you were not there when it happened, No? Yet you are condemning me for believing the biblical account. There is nothing strong about the account you gave here bro. Kindly provide the link. Thanks.

Where and when did I condemn you? I just told you to tell me the name of the original language all humans were speaking before God confused them? As for the link here it is:

English is primarily a West Germanic language that originated from the Anglo-Frisian dialects, brought to Britain by Germanic invaders and/or settlers from the places which are now called North West Germany and the Netherlands. It uses a vocabulary unlike other European languages of the same era.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_English_language
Re: Yet Another Unanswered Question On Creation for atheists/scientists by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:37am On Nov 25, 2014
honourhim:

I dont get your point here. You sound confused. Again, address the issue at hand and stop digressing

My point is that you are basing your belief on a book you haven't actually read.

Well to answer your question, I believe doG did it. Nobody has ever proven that doG did not cause all the languages on earth.
Re: Yet Another Unanswered Question On Creation for atheists/scientists by malakh7: 12:42am On Nov 25, 2014
Gaps, by default, are filled by God. You don't know how language diversity came about? Great! You don't know how the nerve impulse works? Good! You don't understand how memories are laid down in the brain? Excellent! Is photosynthesis a bafflingly complex process? Wonderful! Please don't go to work on the problem, just give up, and appeal to God. Dear scientist, don't work on your mysteries. Bring us your mysteries for we can use them. Don't squander precious ignorance by researching it away. Ignorance is God's gift to us.

4 Likes

Re: Yet Another Unanswered Question On Creation for atheists/scientists by honourhim: 8:43am On Nov 28, 2014
dalaman:

English is primarily a West Germanic language that originated from the Anglo-Frisian dialects, brought to Britain by Germanic invaders and/or settlers from the places which are now called North West Germany and the Netherlands. It uses a vocabulary unlike other European languages of the same era.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_English_language

The info you gave cannot be trusted as concrete enough concerning the origin of languages. Pls relate this your analysis to how one language that was operational in the early world mixed itself up to generate other languages that we see today. May be you can start by giving us the origin of the Anglo-frisian dialects and so on.

1 Like

Re: Yet Another Unanswered Question On Creation for atheists/scientists by dalaman: 10:58am On Nov 28, 2014
honourhim:

The info you gave cannot be trusted as concrete enough concerning the origin of languages. Pls relate this your analysis to how one language that was operational in the early world mixed itself up to generate other languages that we see today. May be you can start by giving us the origin of the Anglo-frisian dialects and so on.

I stated in the beginning that there is more evidence to show that languages evolved over time and made reference to the English language as a language that evolved from the Anglo Saxon language. I never said anything about the origin of the first language. You keep running away from my question which is quite telling. What was the original language that humans were speaking before God confused their tongue according to the biblical tale?
Re: Yet Another Unanswered Question On Creation for atheists/scientists by Kay17: 11:06am On Nov 28, 2014
This is the equivalent of asking atheists to admit omniscience. It is an unrealistic proposition. The beginning of the Universe is largely a mystery. An enduring question.

1 Like

Re: Yet Another Unanswered Question On Creation for atheists/scientists by AnalogTechno: 11:16am On Nov 28, 2014
honourhim:

We know the bible account of how the different languages/dialects of the world came to be so i dont need to go into it again. Now can the scientists/atheists provide us with their own account of how the various thousands of different languages/dialects across the world came to be?

Is this a joke? Out of curiosity how does the Babel story account for the word internet or cell phone?
Re: Yet Another Unanswered Question On Creation for atheists/scientists by honourhim: 1:44pm On Nov 28, 2014
dalaman:

I stated in the beginning that there is more evidence to show that languages evolved over time and made reference to the English language as a language that evolved from the Anglo Saxon language. I never said anything about the origin of the first language. You keep running away from my question which is quite telling. What was the original language that humans were speaking before God confused their tongue according to the biblical tale?

The bible did not mention the name of the languge. And of course I do not expect the language that everyone spoke at that time to have a name. Hower, names like Adam, Eve, Abel, Cain, Enoch, Methusela, Noah, Seth, Ham, Japhet etc that existed before the language separation in the bible might give you a clue to trace what you are asking of.

1 Like

Re: Yet Another Unanswered Question On Creation for atheists/scientists by honourhim: 1:51pm On Nov 28, 2014
AnalogTechno:

Is this a joke? Out of curiosity how does the Babel story account for the word internet or cell phone?

Obviously you don't understand the discussion here. You just jumped in and started talking. grin. Ice water bro.
Re: Yet Another Unanswered Question On Creation for atheists/scientists by dalaman: 2:03pm On Nov 28, 2014
honourhim:

The bible did not mention the name of the languge. And of course I do not expect the language that everyone spoke at that time to have a name. Hower, names like Adam, Eve, Abel, Cain, Enoch, Methusela, Noah, Seth, Ham, Japhet etc that existed before the language separation in the bible might give you a clue to trace what you are asking of.

The bible is a Jewish book of history and mythology, as such you will expect the first language to be Hebrew. In ancient Yoruba mythology the first man was also a Yoruba man, ditto for Chinese, Mayan and all other tribes who used their God and religion as a form of identity. Historically there are languages that predate the Hebrew language. The Canaanite language Predates the Hebrew language. I don't want to dwell on ancient Hebrew mythology. I just wants facts and you have non to present.
Re: Yet Another Unanswered Question On Creation for atheists/scientists by AnalogTechno: 2:05pm On Nov 28, 2014
honourhim:

Obviously you don't understand the discussion here. You just jumped in and started talking. grin. Ice water bro.

No. You don't understand the implications of your hypothesis. My question is valid.
Re: Yet Another Unanswered Question On Creation for atheists/scientists by honourhim: 2:21pm On Nov 28, 2014
dalaman:

The bible is a Jewish book of history and mythology, as such you will expect the first language to be Hebrew. In ancient Yoruba mythology the first man was also a Yoruba man, ditto for Chinese, Mayan and all other tribes who used their God and religion as a form of identity. Historically there are languages that predate the Hebrew language. The Canaanite language Predates the Hebrew language. I don't want to dwell on ancient Hebrew mythology. I just wants facts and you have non to present.

This is your personal views and submission.
Re: Yet Another Unanswered Question On Creation for atheists/scientists by davien(m): 2:27pm On Nov 28, 2014
Honourhim what is this thread about?
Re: Yet Another Unanswered Question On Creation for atheists/scientists by Weah96: 3:00pm On Nov 28, 2014
davien:

Please ask him again. We're not allowed to challenge his creationist viewpoint because it is the word of God. What are we doing here?
Re: Yet Another Unanswered Question On Creation for atheists/scientists by honourhim: 3:09pm On Nov 28, 2014
davien:

Go through the thread again, it might help you to know. But if there's any info you want to give me you can go ahead to let me know.
Re: Yet Another Unanswered Question On Creation for atheists/scientists by dalaman: 5:19pm On Nov 28, 2014
honourhim:

This is your personal views and submission.

Do you have any historical evidence from any where that points to the Hebrew language as the first language humans spoke?
Re: Yet Another Unanswered Question On Creation for atheists/scientists by honourhim: 6:30pm On Nov 28, 2014
dalaman:

The bible is a Jewish book of history and mythology, as such you will expect the first language to be Hebrew.

Really? Bible is a Jewish book of history yet it influenced the British and the Americans who brought Christianity to us. It influenced Rome, Europe and some other countries so numerous to mention. including some of the now islamic nations to the point of winning billions of souls over the years and building thousands of churches across the nations of the world. "Jewish history and mythology" book indeed.
Even the quran recognized Jesus as a prophet of God.

So these countries were so so mumu to the extent that the Jews were so smart to have influenced them with their history and mythology? Bro pls tell that to the small boys and girls who will believe you.

Again some of you atheists claim that the Jews dont know Jesus yet you are here calling the bible Jewish book of history and mythology. The Jews dont know Jesus yet monuments are built on historic sites of the bible in their country and millions of christians go on pilgrimage there on yearly basis.

dalaman:

Do you have any historical evidence from any where that points to the Hebrew language as the first language humans spoke?

Bible is not an evidence to you because you are an atheist or whatever. But to the billions of Christians out there, bible is proven and is trusted.
Re: Yet Another Unanswered Question On Creation for atheists/scientists by Kay17: 6:48pm On Nov 28, 2014
honourhim:

Really? Bible is a Jewish book of history yet it influenced the British and the Americans who brought Christianity to us. It influenced Rome, Europe and some other countries so numerous to mention. including some of the now islamic nations to the point of winning billions of souls over the years and building thousands of churches across the nations of the world. "Jewish history and mythology" book indeed.

So these countries were so so mumu to the extent that the Jews were so smart to have influenced them with their history and mythology? Bro pls tell that to the small boys and girls who will believe you.

Again some of you atheists claim that the Jews dont know Jesus yet you are here calling the bible Jewish book of history and mythology. The Jews dont know Jesus yet monuments are built on historic sites of the bible in their country and millions of christians go on pilgrimage there on yearly basis.

Bible is not an evidence to you because you are an atheist or whatever. But to the billions of Christians out there, bible is proven and is trusted.

How possibly could the Bible writers have know the origins of human language without relying on folklore and oral sources. That is an important hurdle you have to scale, you have to prove that the Bible which is a secondary source, was able to access a reliable primary source of information.

1 Like

Re: Yet Another Unanswered Question On Creation for atheists/scientists by dalaman: 6:49pm On Nov 28, 2014
honourhim:

The old testament is called the Hebrew bible. It is the Jewish book of mythology just like the Hindu verders are the Hindu books of mythology. It doesn't matter if billion of people believe those books. There are about 1.2 billion Hindus in the world that accept the Verdes as the words of their various Hindus Gods. The bible is no different from that.

Same with the Hindu verders and Koran of the muslims. It has been proven by the billions of muslims and Hindus to be true. Do you accept that the verders and Koran are true? If no, have you falsified them?
Re: Yet Another Unanswered Question On Creation for atheists/scientists by honourhim: 9:52pm On Nov 28, 2014
Kay17:

How possibly could the Bible writers have know the origins of human language without relying on folklore and oral sources. That is an important hurdle you have to scale, you have to prove that the Bible which is a secondary source, was able to access a reliable primary source of information.

Who were the bible writers and how did you know that they relied on folklore or oral sources. You mean that the bible was written by people who did not witness the events? The writers you rely on their information to discredit the bible, what makes them more right than the bible writers?

1 Like

Re: Yet Another Unanswered Question On Creation for atheists/scientists by Tomytomy3: 10:05pm On Nov 28, 2014
honourhim:
Scientists and atheists do not believe the biblical account of creation yet they have failed woefully over the years to give us a superior account of creation. The big bang, evolution etc have not given us any concrete thing to believe. Since they ve failed over the years to provide a superior creation account to that of the bible, lets leave them to keep battling with that one and lets proceed to the next one and see what they have to offer.

We know the bible account of how the different languages/dialects of the world came to be so i dont need to go into it again. Now can the scientists/atheists provide us with their own account of how the various thousands of different languages/dialects across the world came to be?

N/B.
No insults pls. If you dont have anything reasonable to contribute you may read what others are contributing and go your way. Its not a must that you will say something. Lets keep the discussion free of insults of any kind pls.Thanks everyone.

one billion trillion likes

2 Likes

Re: Yet Another Unanswered Question On Creation for atheists/scientists by honourhim: 10:15pm On Nov 28, 2014
dalaman:

The old testament is called the Hebrew bible.

Oh...its now only the old testament? No more the whole bible?
By the way who called it Hebrew bible? Is there any place from Genesis to Revelation that we are told that the bible was addressed to the Jews only?

dalaman:

It is the Jewish book of mythology just like the Hindu verders are the Hindu books of mythology. It doesn't matter if billion of people believe those books.

Ok, so is it your wikipedia and the likes that matter? Nah...

dalaman:

Same with the Hindu verders and Koran of the muslims. It has been proven by the billions of muslims and Hindus to be true. Do you accept that the verders and Koran are true? If no, have you falsified them?

I ve not read the book of the Hindus, the little i ve read about the Koran is where they mentioned Jesus so i cant start declaring true or false on the content of the books. Kindly give me the account that these two books gave as origin of languages in the world.
Re: Yet Another Unanswered Question On Creation for atheists/scientists by ooman(m): 10:21pm On Nov 28, 2014
a simple google search about language wouldnt hurt you, you know.
Re: Yet Another Unanswered Question On Creation for atheists/scientists by Zikdik(m): 10:27pm On Nov 28, 2014
Kicka*s coming through..I solemnly swear not to be nice. If you refused polite secondary education, you'd have to accept rude primary tutoring.
Re: Yet Another Unanswered Question On Creation for atheists/scientists by BuddhaPalm(m): 10:49pm On Nov 28, 2014
honourhim:

Irrelevant posts.

Lol, even if my guy provides video evidence, you will still say "irrelevant" grin.
Re: Yet Another Unanswered Question On Creation for atheists/scientists by Kay17: 11:09pm On Nov 28, 2014
Kay17:

honourhim:

Who were the bible writers and how did you know that they relied on folklore or oral sources. You mean that the bible was written by people who did not witness the events? The writers you rely on their information to discredit the bible, what makes them more right than the bible writers?

It is obvious from the Bible itself. For example, the book of Genesis narrates events that stretch through thousands of years. It is then reasonable to believe that the writer did not live for over a thousand years to record the events, rather he must have lived at the tail end of those events and relied on sources available during the material time. The Genesis writer would not have been present to observe Adam and Eve do their business, definitely not. Therefore, there must be a primary source.
Re: Yet Another Unanswered Question On Creation for atheists/scientists by dalaman: 12:16am On Nov 29, 2014
honourhim:

Oh...its now only the old testament? No more the whole bible?
By the way who called it Hebrew bible? Is there any place from Genesis to Revelation that we are told that the bible was addressed to the Jews only?

The part of the bible that talks about the origin of the earth, humans and how humans started speaking different languages is found in the OT. The OT in so many places has God telling the Hebrew not to associate themselves with people of other tribes , marrying from another tribe in some places was a capital offence. The God of the OT was a very tribal deity.

Ok, so is it your wikipedia and the likes that matter? Nah...

The bible, the verders, Koran and Egyptian book of the dead are all religious mythological books that belong in the same category.

I ve not read the book of the Hindus, the little i ve read about the Koran is where they mentioned Jesus so i cant start declaring true or false on the content of the books. Kindly give me the account that these two books gave as origin of languages in the world.

I am not talking about languages but their claims about creation, morality, how to live and what will happen to people after they die. I know you reject their postulations. Just want to know if you can falsified their claims as well.
Re: Yet Another Unanswered Question On Creation for atheists/scientists by honourhim: 7:48am On Nov 29, 2014
Kay17:

It is obvious from the Bible itself. For example, the book of Genesis narrates events that stretch through thousands of years. It is then reasonable to believe that the writer did not live for over a thousand years to record the events, rather he must have lived at the tail end of those events and relied on sources available during the material time. The Genesis writer would not have been present to observe Adam and Eve do their business, definitely not. Therefore, there must be a primary source.

Who wrote Genesis? How are you sure that it was one person that wrote it? Again people in those days lived up to nine hundred years and above but it seems you are looking at them with the present day life span of below hundred years(or a little above 100 years for a few).
Re: Yet Another Unanswered Question On Creation for atheists/scientists by honourhim: 8:49am On Nov 29, 2014
dalaman:

The part of the bible that talks about the origin of the earth, humans and how humans started speaking different languages is found in the OT. The OT in so many places has God telling the Hebrew not to associate themselves with people of other tribes , marrying from another tribe in some places was a capital offence. The God of the OT was a very tribal deity.

l.

Yet in the same old testament we saw God causing other tribes to war against the Hebrews and defeat them, taking them into captivity for many years. The same old testament contains instructions, promises and guides which are not restricted to the Hebrews alone but for us all.

dalaman:

The bible, the verders, Koran and Egyptian book of the dead are all religious mythological books that belong in the same category.

Says who? The bible is not in the same category with any of these books.

dalaman:

I am not talking about languages but their claims about creation, morality, how to live and what will happen to people after they die. I know you reject their postulations. Just want to know if you can falsified their claims as well.

Like i said, the Koran recognized Jesus as the prophet of God and that God took him to heaven, there are some other biblical characters and stories that the koran admitted as true from the little i ve seen now and obviously the Koran was written after the bible. I cannot trust its second hand account more than the biblical account.

The Koran even agrees partly with the bible creation account.

The little i read now about the hindus creation account shows nothing definite in their creation account like that of the bible. They just sampled what they think are possibilities concerning creation. I cant also trust their guess work. Moreover the issue here is not about what other religion think about creation. We are talking about languages here. Do the muslim and the koran have account of how languages came to be? Pls present it
Re: Yet Another Unanswered Question On Creation for atheists/scientists by An2elect2(f): 8:57am On Nov 29, 2014
Lol look at them jumping from one lie to another.
Atheists, are you guys for real?
Simple question: how did all these different languages come about?
You don't believe the bible account. We have heard o. Oya tell us your own now lol or forever hold your lies (i mean peace).

1 Like

Re: Yet Another Unanswered Question On Creation for atheists/scientists by Weah96: 11:30am On Nov 29, 2014
An2elect2:
Lol look at them jumping from one lie to another.
Atheists, are you guys for real?
Simple question: how did all these different languages come about?
You don't believe the bible account. We have heard o. Oya tell us your own now lol or forever hold your lies (i mean peace).

I told you. A moon goat descended and first offered language to cockroaches who refused. Humans accepted the offer and the rest is history.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Reason Why You Must Fear God / Questions For Atheists / When Rapture Occurs Will Atheists Believe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.