Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,879 members, 7,802,840 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:58 PM

Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS (19938 Views)

''How Nnamdi Kanu Was Arrested In Lagos'' – DSS / Boko Haram: Condoms And Sex Enhancing Drugs Found In Raided Camp / Nigerians In Benin Republic Raided And Dumped In A Camp (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by menesheh(m): 7:49pm On Nov 23, 2014
Obiagelli:

Illiterate

This man what's your problem.
Why the attack.
What makes You think know something and me an illiterate.

Be careful
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by Descartes: 7:52pm On Nov 23, 2014
emmatok:

Well you have convert hard copies(forms e.t.c) to digital copies first before backing up to the CLOUD.
Thats what i think they are doing at the office.
They should have upgraded to Oracle 12c although might be difficult for them due to technical-know-how
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by Extractor101: 7:55pm On Nov 23, 2014
Descartes:
Exactly. But I don't engage in such cos of my conscience.

Lolz. Do you know about sql injection? I know you search google for most of the hacking terms you use. Am i right?

3 Likes

Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by Descartes: 7:57pm On Nov 23, 2014
Extractor101:

Lolz. Do you know about sql injection? I know you search google for most of the hacking terms you use. Am i right?
Please there are things I don't discuss on a public forum. Thanks and have a nice evening.
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by Extractor101: 7:57pm On Nov 23, 2014
Descartes:
They should have upgraded to Oracle 12c although might be difficult for them due to technical-know-how

Oracle 12c. Lolz. Have you heard of remote code execution. Any db can be vulnerable.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by emmatok(m): 7:59pm On Nov 23, 2014
Descartes:

Politics is seasonal and not an everyday event. So investing in such is difficult.
Political parties in US actually outsource the whole process to their TRUSTED MEMBERS who owns IT firms.
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by Extractor101: 7:59pm On Nov 23, 2014
Descartes:
Please there are things I don't discuss on a public forum. Thanks and have a nice evening.

Lolzz. Well, give thanks to google where you search for terms. You are vulnerable, its afternoon. Take care bro

2 Likes

Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by Descartes: 8:00pm On Nov 23, 2014
Extractor101:

Oracle 12c. Lolz. Have you heard of remote code execution. Any db can be vulnerable.
Have you heard that efficiency is never 100%?
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by jmaine: 8:00pm On Nov 23, 2014
emmatok:

Old man probably hearing about data center for the first time.
I will suggest you walk into First Bank HQ Marina, and demand to see their data center.
If you will not end this year in EFCC or FSARS office.

Since DATA CENTERS isn't a top secret affair to you.
You no dey shame!!!

Foolish kid, how can an ordinary citizen walk into an organization and demand to see their data center. Don't you see how daft you sound ?

Using Unilag for example, it is common knowledge that their datacenter is at CITS. Every organization worth her salt has her server rooms tucked safely within her walls or located externally for numerous reasons.

Like I said, keep shut lest you continually appear bizarrely ediotic.
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by Descartes: 8:01pm On Nov 23, 2014
Extractor101:

Lolzz. Well, give thanks to google where you search for terms. You are vulnerable, its afternoon. Take care bro
I don't search for terms on google. I apply them daily.
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by Extractor101: 8:04pm On Nov 23, 2014
Descartes:
I don't search for terms on google. I apply them daily.

I see. Lolzzzz.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by drnoel: 8:06pm On Nov 23, 2014
egift:
Where are those that claimed there was no invasion? This was a PDP operation to destroy APC National Membership Records.

UPDATE:
APC Flag was boldly placed on Front Entrance - How then can the DSS claim their was nothing to indicate APC used the premises?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1886634_apcregcenter2_jpeg1e6c51e2190d3657f3dfa7143a280f13

how do we know thats the property that was searched. Pls if u dont have proof dont use propaganda to try to cause mishap.
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by Descartes: 8:07pm On Nov 23, 2014
Extractor101:

I see. Lolzzzz.
You really want me to spill some beans but...
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by emmatok(m): 8:13pm On Nov 23, 2014
jmaine:

Foolish kid, how can an ordinary citizen walk into an organization and demand to see their data center. Don't you see how daft you sound ?

Using Unilag for example, it is common knowledge that their datacenter is at CITS. Every organization worth her salt has her server rooms tucked safely within her walls or located externally for numerous reasons.

Like I said, keep shut lest you continually appear bizarrely ediotic.

I know you will make a u-turn .
You said datacenters isn't a top secret affair earlier.

And who told you UNILAG datacenter is at CITS.
Do a little Research on Co-location and outsourcing.
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by Extractor101: 8:14pm On Nov 23, 2014
Descartes:
You really want me to spill some beans but...

Spill what beans? Shuo. You feeling too important, getting you is the most easiest. I know an hacker when i see one, i know you search most terms on google. Not a big deal bro.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by Descartes: 8:17pm On Nov 23, 2014
Extractor101:

Spill what beans? Shuo. You feeling too important, getting you is the most easiest. I know an hacker when i see one, i know you search most terms on google. Not a big deal bro.

You can as well know a thief when you see one gringringrin
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by jmaine: 8:22pm On Nov 23, 2014
emmatok:

I know you will make a u-turn .
You said datacenters isn't a top secret affair earlier.

And who told you UNILAG datacenter is at CITS.
Do a little Research on Co-location and outsourcing.

Olodo, can you even walk into a shop and demand to see the sales record even if it always lies on the table. Does that scenario makes the sales record a top secret that even the guy next door won't know about even though he doesn't have access to them.

Imagine the dunce who lacks basic comprehension saying am making a U-turn.

Concerning UNILAG, please shut the hell up . . .
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by Extractor101: 8:23pm On Nov 23, 2014
Descartes:
You can as well know a thief when you see one gringringrin

You see now. A good hacker will understand that point. Ahahahahaha.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by ndcide(m): 8:37pm On Nov 23, 2014
Name dem Gbawe, eKO ile & bacanista office be that na.

That's where they work. they are well organized. don't you see how they post on this forum. who has a job in today's demanding corporate world will have time for what they do here.
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by Descartes: 8:37pm On Nov 23, 2014
Extractor101:

You see now. A good hacker will understand that point. Ahahahahaha.
k
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by philips70(m): 9:36pm On Nov 23, 2014
wirinet:

Pity, Nairaland has now become a platform where semi illiterate paid teens advertise their ignorance. And you think Microsoft, Apple, Google, et al, has just one data centre, all in one location in one country with a big sign "data centre" on the building?

Honestly if you are privileged to see these people live you will so regret why you waste your time and energy to really engage them on Nairaland. Most are still sucklings while the matured ones are never-do-wells looking so haggard like motor park touts. You will be so ashamed of yourself.

1 Like

Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by Eziachi: 10:54pm On Nov 23, 2014
Mekiluv:

Pls enlighten us what is a Data Centre of a political party with 18 staff working by 6:30am?
Common, you must, surely must not ask such a low question. Stop letting yourself down for mindless politicians. You are smarter than that.
90 days before the biggest election in the land, opening at 6.30 is puzzling you?
Shouldn't they have a thousand people there 24 hours working flat out if they want to win?
Get some sense of reasoning back people and forget politics.
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by Nobody: 11:52pm On Nov 23, 2014
wirinet:

So what is the offense here? Is it an offense no to put up a signpost in front of an office. I for one refuse to put up a sign post in front of my office, have i broken Nigerian law? I have been to a big packaging office at Oba Akran in Ikeja, it took me hours to locate the office because there was no sign whatsoever in front of the big factory.

To me putting up a sign post or not is at the discretion of the owners of the office.

Even as big as bet9ja is, I had a difficult time locating their head office at Ojuelgba, because at that time there was no sign whatsoever in front of their office. Now there is only a small banner at the Gate.

Do u knw wht u are saying? How can u compare a business office to a political party house
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by truthnaija: 11:53pm On Nov 23, 2014
Firefire:

Read btw the lines, those two men are saying different things to deceive you.
You don't really know anything about ict except the laptop u are using on naira land.mind u I know what hacking is all about.you don't need an open place like that for such inftact they don't need to be present in Nigeria to do such.you all should verify your source before saying rubbish this is my line of work.inec solution is powered by m2sys consortium solution and as such on of the most secured in the world .from the number of people all I think they are doing is data collation.if they were hacking then the DSS would have gone there to confisticate their equipment in order to prove their suspicion not to destroy it.you don't really need 50 people in a room for hacking.when a data bot can just be sent.so you all are just talking without knowing what you are saying are just simply being ignorant or stupid. Mind you APC Gives out Party ID Cards ?have Come across such..they would need to first put in the names of their members on their database and just run a simple command to the id card software to fetch from the database and do the printing so both men are really not saying anything different. Have work in a university or poly? It is not different from how Id-cards are produce especially in bulk quantities.
You guys don't really know the importance of the database.it is an important tool to any party it will help Marshall your supporters ,e.g bulk messaging, voting tips ,party message,it can help in large turnout.u think the rest.why do marketers go after phone database of states and locations in Nigeria.they would pay a lot for it.imagining PDP having that at hand.this can be use for witch hunting. This is because party members name and address are involved

1 Like

Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by Firefire(m): 12:02am On Nov 24, 2014
philips70:

Honestly if you are privileged to see these people live you will so regret why you waste your time and energy to really engage them on Nairaland. Most are still sucklings while the matured ones are never-do-wells looking so haggard like motor park touts. You will be so ashamed of yourself.

I see pride in you, you referring to your fellow with those adjectives ? - SMH

I won't insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said.

- William F. Buckley, Jr.
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by truthnaija: 12:45am On Nov 24, 2014
From the DSS explanation .it shows there was an ulterior motive to break the APC. I hvave done data entry . an american president was impeached for this type of thing check your history

1 Like

Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by philips70(m): 6:05am On Nov 24, 2014
Firefire:

I see pride in you, you referring to your fellow with those adjectives ? - SMH

I won't insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said.

- William F. Buckley, Jr.

Any apologies for saying things just the way they are? No. Not with the recent madness that pervade Nairaland. Can these be responsible human beings? No. No man sleeps in the gutter to stress his humility.
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by Firefire(m): 7:04am On Nov 24, 2014
philips70:

Any apologies for saying things just the way they are? No. Not with the recent madness that pervade Nairaland. Can these be responsible human beings? No. No man sleeps in the gutter to stress his humility.

Bro. Philips70,

I wish you goodluck. Have a nice week ahead,

Shalom!
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by philips70(m): 7:50am On Nov 24, 2014
Firefire:

Bro. Philips70,

I wish you goodluck. Have a nice week ahead,

Shalom!

Same here
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by authority2006(m): 8:01am On Nov 24, 2014
JANK23H:
A data centre that starts work as early as 6am or run a night shift. What is so pressing to warrant a data centre run a night shift.

I know deep down you know that something illegitimate was going on there,certainly you can't swear with your life that APC is clean. APC & PDP are both the same.

God is watching all of you.When Nigeria burns we'll all suffer together.
At least, your dear SSS are now in the possession of all the "evidence" only if they haven't destroy them in the process of gathering the same evidence as you know that they are set of dumb people. Now, they should show us the kind of "illegitimate business" that you are talking about.
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by Osakah24(m): 9:27am On Nov 24, 2014
egift:
Where are those that claimed there was no invasion? This was a PDP operation to destroy APC National Membership Records.

UPDATE:
APC Flag was boldly placed on Front Entrance - How then can the DSS claim their was nothing to indicate APC used the premises?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1886634_apcregcenter2_jpeg1e6c51e2190d3657f3dfa7143a280f13
I thought the gate was destroyed and brought down when did u snap this one?
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by Osakah24(m): 9:31am On Nov 24, 2014
IdiAmin1:
As at 630am, 26 staff were already on the system and you say it's normal. I don't live in Naija but I know that even bankers in Lagos don't start that early. APC should hide their face in shame if there's any atom of dignity in them of which I'm sure there's none. I expected them to even deny the office sef. Sh*ameless group of frustrated old men undecided
what if they work on shift?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Metuh Writes Petition Against Judge, Wants Trial Transferred / Rivers On Knife’s Edge As INEC Resumes Collation Of Guber Poll Results / Wike Defends Obaseki’s ₦60 Billion Printing Claim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.