Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,560 members, 7,809,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:43 PM

Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS (19969 Views)

''How Nnamdi Kanu Was Arrested In Lagos'' – DSS / Boko Haram: Condoms And Sex Enhancing Drugs Found In Raided Camp / Nigerians In Benin Republic Raided And Dumped In A Camp (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by meforyou1(m): 3:38pm On Nov 23, 2014
What exactly is APC using a data centre for?
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by Nobody: 3:46pm On Nov 23, 2014
It's becoming a trend by our nations security operatives to feed us with bulcrap and gibrish for their lawlessness and then expecting us to just swallow without thinking and asking questions . . . Only if some Nlders would think and refuse to be taken for a ride by the present Governments display of loose impuinity. I cant blame young minds who are too timid to ask questions before taking a bias stand, Qudos to IT perso
nnels who gave a little insights in their comments as to the operations of a database center.
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by aresa: 3:59pm On Nov 23, 2014
drylman:
It's becoming a trend by our nations security operatives to feed us with bulcrap and gibrish for their lawlessness and then expecting us to just swallow without thinking and asking questions . . . Only if some Nlders would think and refuse to be taken for a ride by the present Governments display of loose impuinity. I cant blame young minds who are too timid to ask questions before taking a bias stand, Qudos to IT perso
nnels who gave a little insights in their comments as to the operations of a database center.

It's not that they can not think or ask questions, they are just too tribally and politically warped and compromised for their own good and even interests..
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by AZeD1(m): 4:14pm On Nov 23, 2014
Data centres are supposed to be obscured from the public.
Expecting a sign post in front of a data centre is like expecting a bank to leave it's vault open.
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by aresa: 4:15pm On Nov 23, 2014
They came without a search warrant for the premises.

She said the operation was supported by an appropriate search warrant.

So, who is lying?

smh...

1 Like

Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by aresa: 4:26pm On Nov 23, 2014
The building in question has no signboard indicating that it is APC office. We monitored the place for about two weeks after the petition before we got in. When we got in today (Saturday), we saw over 50 computer sets with about 18 staff.

Other political parties have signboards and signposts indicating that it is their office. There was nothing indicating that it belonged to a political party.

This is how a modern intelligence agency figure out what belongs who and who belongs to what.

Just by looking for sign board, sitting and watching from across the street...

Crookedness and incompetence runs deep in this administration from top to bottom.

How low can this country sink?

1 Like

Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by ThunderTrail(f): 4:30pm On Nov 23, 2014
To hack INEC data base will not require a gathering of computer systems and people behind a gate To hack that database will not require too much resources destroyed by the DSS.

The DSS goofed big time. Where was this corrupt agency some months ago when the NASS site was hacked and the login details of NASS members made available for the public.

4 Likes

Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by Nobody: 4:33pm On Nov 23, 2014
chamboy:
Oya oo DSS tell us what u came up with after the Raid or u n Ur Paymaster b ready to face d law

This is what everyone should be asking, now that they've raided the place, they should let us know if they've found any implicating materials there, I'm sure the president will make a special announcement if any such thing have been found.

1 Like

Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by ThunderTrail(f): 4:35pm On Nov 23, 2014
aresa:

This is how a modern intelligence agency figure out what belongs who and who belongs to what.

Just by looking for sign board, sitting and watching from across the street...

Crookedness and incompetence runs deep in this administration from top to bottom.

How low can this country sink?

That is the what the security agencies teach their personnel now in this Modern age of technological prowess and advances. I pray they don't get demolished in terms of the looming cyber war.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by ThunderTrail(f): 4:40pm On Nov 23, 2014
meforyou1:

Is that supposed to be a joke or question?

3 Likes

Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by Jesusloveyou: 4:50pm On Nov 23, 2014
idumuose:

It is not far from the truth if you know Tinubu's antecedents.Firefire and i have at one time rigged elections for Tinubu.What are we not saying.I know what mischief Tinubu is capable of.
pple like u and other saTANiod,is d problem of nigeria.i wish i know u in person,u would have face firing sqaurd by june 2015 when buhari take over.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by Firefire(m): 4:57pm On Nov 23, 2014
Jesusloveyou:
pple like u and other saTANiod,is d problem of nigeria.i wish i know u in person,u would have face firing sqaurd by june 2015 [/b]when buhari take over.

[b]Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. 2 Tim. 3:5
undecided

1 Like

Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by idupaul: 4:57pm On Nov 23, 2014
Am I the only one who has noticed that 8 pages and counting Berem is not on this thread , hope she is ok? Abi was she on night shift at the "data centre" when it was raided by Maryln Ogar's goons

1 Like

Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by Jesusloveyou: 5:10pm On Nov 23, 2014
This is what pdp do,now that dss is pdp,who is going to monitor pdp activities,and arrest them.
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by Descartes: 5:19pm On Nov 23, 2014
egift:
Where are those that claimed there was no invasion? This was a PDP operation to destroy APC National Membership Records.

UPDATE:
APC Flag was boldly placed on Front Entrance - How then can the DSS claim their was nothing to indicate APC used the premises?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1886634_apcregcenter2_jpeg1e6c51e2190d3657f3dfa7143a280f13
So the flag denotes existence of APC's office/Secretariat?Stop deceiving the public.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by IleIfe2(m): 5:20pm On Nov 23, 2014
gramci:
Anything for National Security, Janjaw3eds can't be trusted. That office might as well be Boko Haram operational base.

I hope you keep this statement in mind because you will soon find yourself on the opposite side.
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by Descartes: 5:23pm On Nov 23, 2014
ThunderTrail:
To hack INEC data base will not require a gathering of computer systems and people behind a gate To hack that database will not require too much resources destroyed by the DSS.

The DSS goofed big time. Where was this corrupt agency some months ago when the NASS site was hacked and the login details of NASS members made available for the public.
To hack any site or database, you must have some clue of the admin details, and atimes caused by the recklessness of the DBA. In nutshell an insider is involved. That's why a DBA must be a trusted fellow with levels of integrity.
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by yomexp(m): 5:27pm On Nov 23, 2014
meforyou1:

Chizos!!!!!
tell me this is a joke.
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by banki(m): 5:29pm On Nov 23, 2014
[quote author=1wolex85 post=28277020][/quote]

It only amazes me when our security forces major on minors.....

The dss is talking about hacking data and INEC data, the same INEC that cant account for over 1million peoples name in their data base....

Dss have not deemed it fit to go to warri and arrest TOMPOLO for threatening the president of Nigeria and kidnapping 7 journalists last week... or would they feign ignorance.... Olu Phillips of channels TV was kidnapped by Tomplo and his men and Nothing has been done....

1 Like

Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by emmatok(m): 5:44pm On Nov 23, 2014
jmaine:

You are in no position to believe your watery assertion is the law, so keep your free nonsense to yourself.

Much ado over nothing, even the IT juggernauts like MS, apple, google et al., have their datacenter location made public. These are all Mega corporations constantly in fierce competition, who have all to lose in an event of any breach whatsoever.

But according to nairalanders members of the APC, the party was foolish enough to place a flag to show how key the raided datacenter was. You dont have any sense . . .

Kindly shut up please. You are beginning to sound incredibly silly . . . .
Old man, i know you don't give up easily.
How can you compare the locating of MS, GOOGLE or MTN data centers to Political party data centers.
Businesses can compete but they don't physically attack each other offices/data centers, but political parties do attack opponent offices.
Its more harmful for political parties to expose the location of their data centers.
But your DSS claimed they raided the office because nothing shows its an APC office ironic.
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by emmatok(m): 5:47pm On Nov 23, 2014
meforyou1:
You think politics is what you read on NL?

1 Like

Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by Nobody: 5:49pm On Nov 23, 2014
menesheh:

U no see u, Buhari campaign boy with fake account number on his signature different from the official one posted.
Are a fool?
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by dopedealer(m): 6:00pm On Nov 23, 2014
IdiAmin1:
As at 630am, 26 staff were already on the system and you say it's normal. I don't live in Naija but I know that even bankers in Lagos don't start that early. APC should hide their face in shame if there's any atom of dignity in them of which I'm sure there's none. I expected them to even deny the office sef. Sh*ameless group of frustrated old men undecided

^idi Amin i can guarantee you of freedom b4 speech but i cant guarantee you of freedom after speech
Try dey farabale b4 you comment but thank God you said you dont live in Nigeria.
Ok, we have what we call Night shift duty !
when I'm on Night shift, i resume 9pm and close 7am the next day when the next shift resume.
if you wana insult apc well thats ur decision but lets not believe everything we hear..
Peace out!!
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by aresa: 6:16pm On Nov 23, 2014
ThunderTrail:

Is that supposed to be a joke or question?

With their level of ignorance, I don't think it was a joke..
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by jmaine: 6:21pm On Nov 23, 2014
emmatok:

How can you compare the locating of MS, GOOGLE or MTN data centers to Political party data centers.
Businesses can compete but they don't physically attack each other offices/data centers, but political parties do attack opponent offices.
Its more harmful for political parties to expose the location of their data centers.
But your DSS claimed they raided the office because nothing shows its an APC office ironic.

Foolish kid, you are just blabbing to no where. I just showed you that locating and siting data centers is not a top secret affair the public must not be aware off.

Those companies I referenced have a whole lot to lose if their information center is breached than what any political party can even think off. These are multi billion dollar companies whose DNA are solely dependent on the efficiency and safety of their datacenters.

You should do us a favour and shut your hole. You are beginning to sound like a toddler.

1 Like

Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by jmaine: 6:22pm On Nov 23, 2014
DP
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by aresa: 6:29pm On Nov 23, 2014
emmatok:

What kind of law enforcement opines such rubbish? If they can not accurately investigate and tell who and what belongs to who in this country and all they have to go by is sign posts and flags, then we are all in serious trouble.

This is pretty much a worthless, rif raf rag tag agency.

Btw, you are wasting your time with that old man loser unless you are ready to participate in his endless idiocy and nightmare.

Learn to ignore that thing for your own good..
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by aresa: 6:34pm On Nov 23, 2014
Just imagine the FBI saying they stormed a premisses because they didn't not see sign post and flag... smh

This is just too shameful and disgusting even by their crooked and bootlegged law enforcement standard...
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by skyeboy98(m): 6:40pm On Nov 23, 2014
Berem, barcanistar,ilugunboy,and others where ar u ppl to come defend this thing ooo hennnnn.
idupaul:
Am I the only one who has noticed that 8 pages and counting Berem is not on this thread , hope she is ok? Abi was she on night shift at the "data centre" when it was raided by Maryln Ogar's goons
have seen bacarnister too ?
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by idumuose(m): 6:40pm On Nov 23, 2014
Jesusloveyou:
pple like u and other saTANiod,is d problem of nigeria.i wish i know u in person,u would have face firing sqaurd by june 2015 when buhari take over.
What is this cow dung saying.gringrin grin
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by skyeboy98(m): 6:40pm On Nov 23, 2014
Berem, barcanistar,ilugunboy,and others where ar u ppl to come defend this thing ooo hennnnn.
idupaul:
have u seen bacarnister too ?
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by nduchucks: 6:41pm On Nov 23, 2014
I would have expected this thread on the FP by now. Have they stifled lovely Ishilove already?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Buhari Arrives Equatorial Guinea / Southerners Using Fulani Herdsmen To Divide North - Ango Abdullahi / 2019: Atiku Accused Of Hiring Russia Agents To Rig Presidential Polls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.