Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,925 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:35 AM

Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS (19939 Views)

''How Nnamdi Kanu Was Arrested In Lagos'' – DSS / Boko Haram: Condoms And Sex Enhancing Drugs Found In Raided Camp / Nigerians In Benin Republic Raided And Dumped In A Camp (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by Descartes: 6:42pm On Nov 23, 2014
emmatok:

Old man, i know you don't give up easily.
How can you compare the locating of MS, GOOGLE or MTN data centers to Political party data centers.
Businesses can compete but they don't physically attack each other offices/data centers, but political parties do attack opponent offices.
Its more harmful for political parties to expose the location of their data centers.

But your DSS claimed they raided the office because nothing shows its an APC office ironic.

Have you heard of cloud computing?
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by Descartes: 6:48pm On Nov 23, 2014
idupaul:
Am I the only one who has noticed that 8 pages and counting Berem is not on this thread , hope she is ok? Abi was she on night shift at the "data centre" when it was raided by Maryln Ogar's goons
gringrin Even Ilunguboylipsrsealed
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by Eziachi: 7:04pm On Nov 23, 2014
Nigeria is a real comedy estate. You can always guess what their opinion will be on every subject irrespective of the topic.
If a man was murdered for just breathing, if the victims is a APC or PDP sympathizer, you can always guess what each other will say and the length they will go to defend that crass opinion. What a shame, what politicians has turned their victims. Very sad and hilarious at the same time.

3 Likes

Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by emmatok(m): 7:04pm On Nov 23, 2014
Descartes:
Have you heard of cloud computing?

LOL, everything you do on cloud computing are stored on Servers at data centers.
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by wirinet(m): 7:06pm On Nov 23, 2014
jmaine:

You are in no position to believe your watery assertion is the law, so keep your free nonsense to yourself.

Much ado over nothing, even the IT juggernauts like MS, apple, google et al., have their datacenter location made public. These are all Mega corporations constantly in fierce competition, who have all to lose in an event of any breach whatsoever.

But according to nairalanders members of the APC, the party was foolish enough to place a flag to show how key the raided datacenter was. You dont have any sense . . .

Kindly shut up please. You are beginning to sound incredibly silly . . . .

Pity, Nairaland has now become a platform where semi illiterate paid teens advertise their ignorance. And you think Microsoft, Apple, Google, et al, has just one data centre, all in one location in one country with a big sign "data centre" on the building?

3 Likes

Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by Descartes: 7:08pm On Nov 23, 2014
emmatok:

LOL, everything you do on cloud computing are stored on Servers at data centers.
What they have there is a "mini data centre".
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by Eziachi: 7:10pm On Nov 23, 2014
Trut:
APC does not only rig elections, they also HACK INEC database. I pity those that support Another Problem Coming (APC).
Since when do you believe Nigeria law enforcement agencies? If they such an expert in IT, how come they never find out and raid where BOKO HARAM post their video from?
If APC was hacking INEC , what good did that do them in Ekiti against Fayose?

4 Likes

Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by emmatok(m): 7:14pm On Nov 23, 2014
jmaine:

Foolish kid, you are just blabbing to no where. I just showed you that locating and siting data centers is not a top secret affair the public must not be aware off.

Those companies I referenced have a whole lot to lose if their information center is breached than what any political party can even think off. These are multi billion dollar companies whose DNA are solely dependent on the efficiency and safety of their datacenters.

You should do us a favour and shut your hole. You are beginning to sound like a toddler.

Old man, how many times do you see GOOGLE physically attack MICROSOFT data center, or MTN attack GLO offices.
Glo and MTN even co-locate on each others facilities.

But politics if different, PDP and APC offices have been burnt down at different times.
Politic attract violence and protests due to ambitions.
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by hugoart(m): 7:16pm On Nov 23, 2014
This is the most despicable crime of the Jonathan administration.

Jonathan adds another odious feather to his foul-smelling cap.

Time will tell the consequences of his actions. Sure they won't be palatable to his hopeless palate.

I'm so,never been this alarmed since Abacha.

I'm positive Jonathan can not achieve what Abacha could not.

Tinubu outlasted Abacha, he will outlast Jonathan. SURE THING.

Abacha met his waterloo,Jonathan will.
I hope 2015 comes fast enough.

1 Like

Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by Eziachi: 7:16pm On Nov 23, 2014
IdiAmin1:
As at 630am, 26 staff were already on the system and you say it's normal. I don't live in Naija but I know that even bankers in Lagos don't start that early. APC should hide their face in shame if there's any atom of dignity in them of which I'm sure there's none. I expected them to even deny the office sef. Sh*ameless group of frustrated old men undecided
Since you are not living in Naija according to your admission, then I do hope you are not living in North Korea, cos I don't know when starting work at 6.30 or any other time constitute a crime and you have already portions verdict of shame.
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by Descartes: 7:17pm On Nov 23, 2014
emmatok:

What they have there is a "mini data centre". Are you telling me that that's the only place their data is centred? If so...that's very dangerous. They should have rented some high end Servers in a very secured and sophisticated Data Centres different from what they have already where their main centralised server can be connected to in case of any eventuality. Now how are they going to retrieve all data computed since all connected servers has been eroded unless there have been several backups till the last computation?
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by jmaine: 7:18pm On Nov 23, 2014
wirinet:

Pity, Nairaland has now become a platform where semi illiterate paid teens advertise their ignorance. And you think Microsoft, Apple, Google, et al, has just one data centre, all in one location in one country with a big sign "data centre" on the building?

What a mo.ron! How do one start to address ediots like you.

I just educated the dunce that datacenters is not a top secret affair with multi billion firms even showcasing the raw power and capability of such outfits. Yet you deemed it fit to emit the nonsense I had to quote.

How old are you ?
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by hugoart(m): 7:22pm On Nov 23, 2014
Firefire:

Nigerians grin

Of what use is the members data base to DSS or PDP

so, let assume they need APC members database and they got it now, they will now use it to change APC members mind to vote PDP right ?

So, DSS can now change APC MEMBERS sense of judgment to vote PDP by having access to their database.

Interesting... grin
Some people can be f00lish ehn!Just like the Clueless monkey.
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by Eziachi: 7:23pm On Nov 23, 2014
idumuose:

But you folks did not erect any sign post that shows it's an APC office which indicates their activities in that office is questionable.
Once they get caught,they start crying blue murder.APC is now hacking into iNeC data base in order to reproduce voters registration card in their evil desperation to win power at the centre.
What part of Nigeria law are you quoting, requiring them to put a sign post? Sign posting is a form of advertising or invitation. When does it becomes the business of the state apparatus to force people to advertise their activities? Show me a picture of Aso Rock being signed posted, if that is the new law. This is called, problem is sleeping and idiotic one goes to wake him.
It is the freedom of being opposition that share the same equality with the party in power that determines the true nature of democracy of states.
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by Extractor101: 7:24pm On Nov 23, 2014
Descartes:
To hack any site or database, you must have some clue of the admin details, and atimes caused by the recklessness of the DBA. In nutshell an insider is involved. That's why a DBA must be a trusted fellow with levels of integrity.

Are you kidding me? An insider must be involved to hack a site or database? Lmaooooo
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by jmaine: 7:25pm On Nov 23, 2014
emmatok:

Old man, how many times do you see GOOGLE physically attack MICROSOFT data center, or MTN attack GLO offices.
Glo and MTN even co-locate on each others facilities.

But politics if different, PDP and APC offices have been burnt down at different times.
Politic attract violence and protected due to ambitions.

Little kid, the common denominator is that datacenters are involved and it isn't a top secret affair.

Your strenuous attempt to justify your defeated stance is not only null but hilarious
Please save yourself the stress of straw grasping to no where.

1 Like

Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by hugoart(m): 7:26pm On Nov 23, 2014
jmaine:

What a mo.ron! How do one start to address ediots like you.

I just educated the dunce that datacenters is not a top secret affair with multi billion firms even showcasing the raw power and capability of such outfits. Yet you deemed it fit to emit the nonsense I had to quote.

How old are you ?
If you could show us the law where it says Establish a data center, have a sign board, you wouldn't sound so stupid.

Pdpidiots!
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by jmaine: 7:30pm On Nov 23, 2014
hugoart:
If you could show us the law where it says Establish a data center, have a sign board, you wouldn't sound so stupid.

Pdpidiots!

Only A-Pig-Shyte maggots like you believe that a mere party flag hung on a gate automatically equates to a valid political party premises.

Moreover, your question was quite retardded even though I responded to them.
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by emmatok(m): 7:30pm On Nov 23, 2014
Descartes:
What they have there is a "mini data centre". Are you telling me that that's the only place their data is centred? If so...that's very dangerous. They should have rented some high end Servers in a very secured and sophisticated Data Centres different from what they have already where their main centralised server can be connected to in case of any eventuality. Now how are they going to retrieve all data computed since all connected servers has been eroded unless there have been several backups till the last computation?

I dont think that place is a Core Data center.
What they doing at that office is probably Data entry and collation.
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by Descartes: 7:32pm On Nov 23, 2014
Extractor101:

Are you kidding me? An insider must be involved to hack a site or database? Lmaooooo
I don't mean intrusion(striking it with bad requests with IP variations in addition with scripts). I mean to cart away with vital details.Do you know why some DBA are not easily sacked?Well let me leave you with that.
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by wirinet(m): 7:34pm On Nov 23, 2014
Eziachi:
What part of Nigeria law are you quoting, requiring them to put a sign post? Sign posting is a form of advertising or invitation. When does it becomes the business of the state apparatus to force people to advertise their activities? Show me a picture of Aso Rock being signed posted, if that is the new law. This is called, problem is sleeping and idiotic one goes to wake him.
It is the freedom of being opposition that share the same equality with the party in power that determines the true nature of democracy of states.

Dont mind these mindless TANoids, they have never attempted to engage in legitimate business before, they all earn their living through government patronage. Most businesses avoid putting up signage because of excessive signage fees by the state governments, that is apart from stringent application and approval conditions. A small signage would cost you nothing less that N20,000 per year to put up, apart from fees paid professionals for the signage designs needed for approvals and the cost of the actual construction of the signage itself.

The main problem with Nigeria is that most politicians are professional politicians who have no idea how business is run.
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by hugoart(m): 7:36pm On Nov 23, 2014
With the warped thinking of these amateur pdp commenters here, pdp has no future.

Where's the law that says you must have a sign post in any establishment.

The confused DSS nay the confused saTANist have committed a crime they can't wriggle out of.
Find another reason.Capitulation is now PDP second nature/name.

You've not been able to justify any of your actions in the last one week. Pdpidiots are really idiots.
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by Descartes: 7:37pm On Nov 23, 2014
emmatok:

I dont think that place is a Core Data center.
What they doing at that office is probably Data entry and collation.
Even at that they should have some backups over the CLOUD.
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by hugoart(m): 7:39pm On Nov 23, 2014
With the warped thinking of these amateur pdp commenters here, pdp has no future.

Where's the law that says you must have a sign post in any establishment.

The confused DSS nay the confused saTANist have committed a crime they can't wriggle out of.
Find another reason.Capitulation is now PDP second nature/name.

You've not been able to justify any of your actions in the last one week. Pdpidiots are really idiots.
Call oLIESa OLOSHI Metuh to help you contort lies.
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by Extractor101: 7:39pm On Nov 23, 2014
Descartes:
I don't mean intrusion(striking it with bad requests with IP variations in addition with scripts). I mean to cart away with vital details.Do you know why some DBA are not easily sacked?Well let me leave you with that.

I quoted that post cos you said an insider must be involved in database hacking. Most database hacks are done through sql injection, very easy and simple though illegal. Honestly, Those APC hackers(if truly) dont need a office to attack inec servers.
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by emmatok(m): 7:40pm On Nov 23, 2014
jmaine:

Little kid, the common denominator is that datacenters are involved and[b] it isn't a top secret affair[/b].

Your strenuous attempt to justify your defeated stance is not only null but hilarious
Please save yourself the stress of straw grasping to no where.

Old man probably hearing about data center for the first time.
I will suggest you walk into First Bank HQ Marina, and demand to see their data center.
If you will not end this year in EFCC or FSARS office.

Since DATA CENTERS isn't a top secret affair to you.
You no dey shame!!!
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by menesheh(m): 7:41pm On Nov 23, 2014
Obiagelli:

Are a fool?

Ask ur father.

No insult

Be mature
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by Nobody: 7:44pm On Nov 23, 2014
menesheh:

Ask ur father.

No insult

Be mature
Illiterate

2 Likes

Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by emmatok(m): 7:44pm On Nov 23, 2014
Descartes:
Even at that they should have some backups over the CLOUD.
Well you have convert hard copies(forms e.t.c) to digital copies first before backing up to the CLOUD.
Thats what i think they are doing at the office.
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by luvmijeje(f): 7:47pm On Nov 23, 2014

The party said that it had received prior information about an impending attack on a purported secret warehouse belonging to one of its leaders Bola Tinubu, but its dismissed it because there was no such secret facility.

Immediately I got to this part, I knew Jonathan has failed and he will continue to fail.
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by Mekiluv(m): 7:47pm On Nov 23, 2014
Obiagelli:

Village boy, do you know what data center is?

Pls enlighten us what is a Data Centre of a political party with 18 staff working by 6:30am?
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by Descartes: 7:48pm On Nov 23, 2014
Extractor101:

I quoted that post cos you said an insider must be involved in database hacking. Most database hacks are done through sql injection, very easy and simple though illegal. Honestly, Those APC hackers(if truly) dont need a office to attack inec servers.
Exactly. But I don't engage in such cos of my conscience.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Buhari’s Illness Prevents 10 Envoys From Assuming Duty / Nikita Okoye: Tension Over Murder Of Woman In Anambra Community / Bola Tinubu's Million Naira Birthday Cake (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.