Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,024 members, 7,807,013 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:37 AM

Pharaohess Died! Should I Not Throw A Party? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Pharaohess Died! Should I Not Throw A Party? (1047 Views)

Prof. Tijjani El-miskin Among Nigerian Pilgrims That Died In Mecca Today(photo) / Was The Holy Prophet Poisoned (killed) Or Died Naturally? / Why Can I Not Have A Muslim Girlfriend!!!???? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pharaohess Died! Should I Not Throw A Party? by ayinba1(f): 7:03pm On Nov 27, 2008
Assalam alaikum,

Other than the death of Sani Abacha, I have never had this much mixed feelings about someone's death. She was a pharaohess not only to me, but to her neighbours. I prayed that Allah should give me victory over her, never specifically asking for her death, but you see; she died.

Now, I am definitely not sad, but I cannot help feeling guilty about not throwing a party or something close maybe thankful prayer gathering. I feel that I am not showing enough gratitude to Allah.

You can judge me but you cannot understand if you've never had a modern day pharaoh (ess) in your life. She refused to let my people go, and I think her offsprings are planning to continue this way but how long d'you think they can do that for?
Re: Pharaohess Died! Should I Not Throw A Party? by zayhal(f): 2:18pm On Nov 30, 2008
who are you talking about?
Re: Pharaohess Died! Should I Not Throw A Party? by ayinba1(f): 3:54pm On Nov 30, 2008
long story my dear but suffice to say, she was a woman feared by many and I'm not sure she believed in Allah/God. Dealt in a lot of fetish stuff. etc,, etc,,

again long story
Re: Pharaohess Died! Should I Not Throw A Party? by dominique(f): 6:45pm On Nov 30, 2008
why throw a party? just thank Allah he sustained your lyf, there are lots of devil incarnates out there, thinking they are bigger than death, i believe there's a reward for every deed both here in this world and in d hereafter, so you can be satified that she is reaping the rewards of her deeds wherever she is.
Re: Pharaohess Died! Should I Not Throw A Party? by dominique(f): 6:53pm On Nov 30, 2008
@ayinbal, was she an Alhaja residing around shomolu area. heard she messed up a lot of lives when she was alive with charms and stuff. may Allah continue to shield us from these evil people.
Re: Pharaohess Died! Should I Not Throw A Party? by Kweenisha: 6:55pm On Nov 30, 2008
The Bible says that when the wicked perish,the people give shouts of joy.
Re: Pharaohess Died! Should I Not Throw A Party? by dominique(f): 7:46pm On Nov 30, 2008
word!
Re: Pharaohess Died! Should I Not Throw A Party? by babs787(m): 8:01pm On Nov 30, 2008
@Ayinba

You don't have to rejoice over her death or throw a party. There is particular saying I knew while a youth which goes thus: 'let my enemy live long and see what I would become in future'.

She should have lived long enough to reap what she sowed and probably seek for repentance before she dies. You just have to thank Allah for keeping you alive despite her atrocities.

We tend to grow as we continue having more enemies. If you don't have enemy, you wouldnt be able to pray for protection and as you do that, you overcome your enemy(ies) and become stronger spiritually, financially etc and gets elevated.
Re: Pharaohess Died! Should I Not Throw A Party? by ayinba1(f): 2:48am On Dec 01, 2008
@dominique
Actually, she was  not an Alhaja nor was she a muslim. She told stories of how she joined the  yearly hajj pilgrims (for business) and how she would pretend to do ablution and lie that she prayed. She did pretty good in terms of amassing wealth.

On a given issue, some people were sent to appeal to her, she said "even if my mother comes from the grave to beg me, I will not budge"

Please what kind  of human says this?

Another one witnessed by  me. A couple (her tenants) came to plea with her for whatever, and I heard her say " awa, a ki n forgive, ever" (meaning, we never forgive people, ever)

The above are not what she did to me, that is one heck of a long story.
Sometimes, you got the impression with her that she thought she would never die.

@Babs
i hear you and I know that saying too but I only pray for Allah's protection and victory. why should I question Allah if He decides that death is the next thing for a person. I mean people are actually breathing better and "congratulating ' me and who knows how many other people on this news.

I am not throwing a party but I am thankful for my life.
Re: Pharaohess Died! Should I Not Throw A Party? by Nobody: 1:18am On Sep 03, 2011
wheres bad787?
Re: Pharaohess Died! Should I Not Throw A Party? by maclatunji: 5:01pm On Sep 03, 2011
Na wah O
Re: Pharaohess Died! Should I Not Throw A Party? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Sep 03, 2011
Wheres the op? i mils her
Re: Pharaohess Died! Should I Not Throw A Party? by Empiree: 7:56pm On May 26, 2015
Evil folks....na wa o

(1) (Reply)

Rabbi: Xtianity Has Died,israel Will Die & Islam Is The Religion Of The Future / Auto 'wudu' (ablution) Machine Hits Markets / Is Allah The Name Of God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.