Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,334 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:26 AM

Is This What Transformation Looks Like? (pics) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is This What Transformation Looks Like? (pics) (7754 Views)

This Is What Transformation Should Look Like / What Transformation Agenda Can Be Better Than This - UP JONATHAN / This Is What Transformation Looks Like (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This What Transformation Looks Like? (pics) by mrborntodoit: 8:57pm On Nov 23, 2014
ayindejimmy:
now if Nigerians built this generator.... I consider that transformation. But if it's a foreign company that constructed it and we call it transformation.. Then we have a long way to go...and the world has left us behind. Ok go to Dubai or south Africa. Will they call this trans-anything? Wait till you hear how much it cost us

Be contempt with what you have,don't pry your eyes into your neighbors pot of soup.

2 Likes

Re: Is This What Transformation Looks Like? (pics) by deji68: 9:00pm On Nov 23, 2014
no mind am cheesy cheesy Aregbe for use all dilapidated Lagbus...the glorified Molue.... grin grin
anonimi:

Perhaps your Arewa People's Congress, APC governor in Osun state knows something you do not know about TRANSFORMED railways and trains.
You may want to ask him:

Abi na Fashola im Toronto metro rail na im Aregberascal take dey do "free" train ride with Osun state money

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This What Transformation Looks Like? (pics) by aresa: 9:04pm On Nov 23, 2014
[s]
anonimi:

Perhaps your Arewa People's Congress, APC governor in Osun state knows something you do not know about TRANSFORMED railways and trains.
You may want to ask him:

Abi na Fashola im Toronto metro rail na im Aregberascal take dey do "free" train ride with Osun state money
[/s]

I'm not interested in your bait and switch rubbish..

You claimed it's taking forever for the Lagos state govt. to finish the metro rail so the question you are dodging remains the same...

Tell us how long it takes to build a 27.5 km metro rail with ten lane freeway, BRT lane, multiple metro stations, multiple overhead bridges, a metro bridge across the Lagos Lagoon, power plants to run the metro system including the fact they they have to import nearly everything needed for the project?
Re: Is This What Transformation Looks Like? (pics) by aresa: 9:05pm On Nov 23, 2014
Abuja rail with roof shed rail station...lmao..

1 Share

Re: Is This What Transformation Looks Like? (pics) by anonimi: 9:06pm On Nov 23, 2014
aresa:
[s][/s]

I'm not interested in your bait and switch rubbish..

You claimed it's taking forever for the Lagos state govt. to finish the metro rail so the question you are dodging remains the same...

Tell us how long it takes to build a 27.5 km metro rail with ten lane freeway, BRT lane, multiple metro stations, multiple overhead bridges, a metro bridge across the Lagos Lagoon, power plants to run the metro system including the fact they they have to import nearly everything needed for the project?

Let's check if your arithmetics is up to scratch now:

1983 to 2014 will make how many years

1 Like

Re: Is This What Transformation Looks Like? (pics) by aresa: 9:07pm On Nov 23, 2014
^^^^^ This is the mediocre rubbish these clowns are somersaulting over... This is just too funny grin
Re: Is This What Transformation Looks Like? (pics) by aresa: 9:09pm On Nov 23, 2014
[s]
anonimi:

Let's check if your arithmetics is up to scratch now:

1983 to 2014 will make how many years
[/s]

When you say something is taking too long to complete, you should be able to give us the right length of time for completion so kindly tell us how long it takes to build a 27.5 km metro rail with ten lane freeway, BRT lane, multiple metro stations, multiple overhead bridges, a metro bridge across the Lagos Lagoon, power plants to run the metro system including the fact they they have to import nearly everything needed for the project?
Re: Is This What Transformation Looks Like? (pics) by aresa: 9:17pm On Nov 23, 2014

2 Likes

Re: Is This What Transformation Looks Like? (pics) by aresa: 9:26pm On Nov 23, 2014
I don't even know why these mediocre people are comparing the largest public works project in Africa with their mediocre village rail project in Abuja.
Re: Is This What Transformation Looks Like? (pics) by acenazt: 9:31pm On Nov 23, 2014
IGBOSON1:
So where do you expect the federal gov't to get the tens of billions of dollars from to buy the new-age bullet trains you seem to be yearning for?

I'm sure if the President depletes our foreign reserves for this people will complain; if they transfer one or two billions of dollars from the excess crude account to the sovereign wealth fund to invest in national infrastructure, guess who will complain; if he goes and takes a loan of about 20 billion dollars, guess who will complain (the one the gov't took -on good terms- from the Chinese caused a lot of furore remember?); if they stop fuel subsidy to free more funds for capital projects, people will still complain! Also remember we're being forced to waste spend billions of dollars in the north to contain and stop these islamic jihardists (and other sinister groups taking advantage of the mayhem)......money that otherwise could have been spent on hospitals, roads, schools, railways or our airports!

So cut the guy some slack.....he's trying small!
Yet Millions of Dollars are transferred into their Endless pockets.
Re: Is This What Transformation Looks Like? (pics) by Nobody: 9:44pm On Nov 23, 2014
BackDatAssUp:

Since you are making a comparison between English infrastructure let us compare Lagos State owned class rooms with British class rooms

Jakande open air class room

VS

I agree this is really pathetic

By the way where is the Lagos light rail that fashole promised you guys?

MUMU

So which of you janjawiid mods edited my post above and removed the lagos classroom and replaced it with that icon?

Keep deceiving yourselves. Self deceit is only the shovel needed for your grave digging

Seun get rid of malctunji, oamj4 and mynd_44 before they use their cheap hustle to destroy all your hardwork

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This What Transformation Looks Like? (pics) by Nobody: 9:57pm On Nov 23, 2014
I travelled in that type of Train in 1988! That was in the 20th century! Fast forward to the 21st century some people still want me to call it transformation?
Do people even know that private companies run this system?
This government has done next to nothing in it.
Re: Is This What Transformation Looks Like? (pics) by Nobody: 10:03pm On Nov 23, 2014
BackDatAssUp:

Why should the FG continue to invest in Lagos after all the initial investments on ground.

Get your hermite azz out of Osogbo and see 10 lane expressway being constructed in Abuja complete with flyovers, bridges and pedastrian causeways.

Those 10 lane roads you see in Abuja were at completion stages when your "Transformer" came on, so what's your point?
Show me a new road in Abuja started and completed since 2010?
Re: Is This What Transformation Looks Like? (pics) by Nobody: 10:09pm On Nov 23, 2014
ayindejimmy:
now if Nigerians built this generator.... I consider that transformation. But if it's a foreign company that constructed it and we call it transformation..
How did you know that the engine is actually nothing more than a big generator?
Re: Is This What Transformation Looks Like? (pics) by truthnaija: 11:35pm On Nov 23, 2014
aresa:

You said more than three & a half years ago- May 2011

^^^^ So, based on your own date. Please tell us how long it takes to build a 27.5 km metro rail with ten lane freeway, BRT lane, multiple metro stations, multiple overhead bridges, a metro bridge across the Lagos Lagoon, power plants to run the metro system including the fact they they have to import nearly everything needed for the project?
Areas why are wasting your time with people that don't appreciate excellence. The pillars are finally been completed over the marina and they are a site to behold ,this is the largest public work infrastructure in the whole of Africa .the impact is enormous in terms of opportunities. The already completed are just beautiful
Re: Is This What Transformation Looks Like? (pics) by Ovamboland(m): 12:26am On Nov 24, 2014
deji68:
Over seven years , we are still waiting for the Gov Fashola train project cheesy cheesy....even a tokunboh like the one in the pic will do grin grin...Similar project in abuja is almost completed cool cool cool

https://www.nairaland.com/1955107/pictures-ongoing-standard-guage-rail

Shame on you for comparing the FG with 52% national income with one state sharing the remaining 48% with 35 other states and 774 LGs.

The tracks on which the so called transformation took place was built in late 1800's by Britain and is still essentially same since then, narrow gauge.

Lagos is building brand new elevated tracks and is under construction and visible and it will be first rail to link the island and mainland.

1 Like

Re: Is This What Transformation Looks Like? (pics) by Ucheosefoh(m): 12:48am On Nov 24, 2014
aresa:

Please forgive me for that..

Now please educate us by telling us How long do you think takes to build a 27.5 km metro rail with ten lane freeway, BRT lane, multiple metro stations, multiple overhead bridges, a metro bridge across the Lagos Lagoon, power plants to run the metro system including the fact they they have to import nearly everything needed for the project?

BROS can you back up your claims with pictures so that we will know the level of works going on or we will take your claims as a fallacious claim
Re: Is This What Transformation Looks Like? (pics) by slightlyMad(f): 5:06am On Nov 24, 2014
ayindejimmy:
now if Nigerians built this generator.... I consider that transformation. But if it's a foreign company that constructed it and we call it transformation.. Then we have a long way to go...and the world has left us behind. Ok go to Dubai or south Africa. Will they call this trans-anything? Wait till you hear how much it cost us

please leave these village people.

they need to travel outside the country, even if it is ghana and see for themselves
Re: Is This What Transformation Looks Like? (pics) by deji68: 9:12am On Nov 24, 2014
in the age of Google cant even do your homework before making a comment ...shame embarassed embarassed yes the federal gov rehabilitated The colonial narrow gauge Line which all Gov failed to do since "1800". They laid additional Equally, new railway lines are being constructed in standard gauge (1435mm). These include: Ajaokuta - Warri line of 277km; Kaduna - Abuja (Idu) line of 186 km . a loan of 242 m dollar million dollar was approved for the 39 km project. After 7 year if all we are seeing are pillars, we must talk.....we are all stakeholders.
Yes the allocation formular is 48% and 52%(fed gov), that is why we should hold all tier of the gov reponsible....chikena cool cool
Ovamboland:

Shame on you for comparing the FG with 52% national income with one state sharing the remaining 48% with 35 other states and 774 LGs.

The tracks on which the so called transformation took place was built in late 1800's by Britain and is still essentially same since then, narrow gauge.

Lagos is building brand new elevated tracks and is under construction and visible and it will be first rail to link the island and mainland.
Re: Is This What Transformation Looks Like? (pics) by pmc01(m): 9:55am On Nov 24, 2014
BackDatAssUp:

Why should the FG continue to invest in Lagos after all the initial investments on ground.

Get your hermite azz out of Osogbo and see 10 lane expressway being constructed in Abuja complete with flyovers, bridges and pedastrian causeways.

Is the federal government ruling over Abuja only or Nigeria?

Stop kidding please!
Re: Is This What Transformation Looks Like? (pics) by Nobody: 10:02am On Nov 24, 2014
pmc01:

Is the federal government ruling over Abuja only or Nigeria?

Stop kidding please!

Your fashole that constituted himself soverign lord over Lagos by deporting Nigerians from Lagos should get ready for total independence

1 Like

Re: Is This What Transformation Looks Like? (pics) by PhockPhockMan: 11:12am On Nov 24, 2014
slightlyMad:

you need deliverance, because you have eye but cannot even see.
i have attached a pix above so if you still choose to call that old train transformation

then you sure dont even plan to go places in life.
You're not only slightly mad, what I'm seeing in you is full blown madness. Before you post pictures of modern train, also post the number of years the system is under operation. Nigerians, especially opposition elements are either ingrates or blind.
Re: Is This What Transformation Looks Like? (pics) by fyneguy: 11:17am On Nov 24, 2014
Op

Those trains predated Jonathan's government. They have been working before Jonathan came on board, same way some old trains were operational in Lagos.
Re: Is This What Transformation Looks Like? (pics) by PhockPhockMan: 12:42pm On Nov 24, 2014
aresa:

Los angeles with larger budget and sophisticated facilities and building capacity built 26km LA-Pasadena metro rail (Metro rail only) in 3 years with labor and materials available right there in the US, without 10 lane road construction, without overhead bridges, without building power plants to run the trains

So, with our unintelligent, crooked and village construction and engineering knowledge, it should take the same amount of time to build a 27.5 km metro rail with ten lane freeway, BRT lane, multiple metro stations, multiple overhead bridges, a metro bridge across the Lagos Lagoon, power plants to run the metro system including the fact they they have to import nearly everything needed for the project?

I know many of you are ignorantly dubious and insane, but your level of insanity and forced ignorance gets worse by the day.... especially for you troll..
Hypocrite, you admit that one of the reason it's taking Fashola eternity to finish his rail system is that he imports everything, now tell me, which of the material GEJ is using that was not imported.
So unfortunate.
Re: Is This What Transformation Looks Like? (pics) by PhockPhockMan: 12:58pm On Nov 24, 2014
Horus:

$20 billion are "missing", do the math
You never told anyone that your father's $20 billion is missing.
Re: Is This What Transformation Looks Like? (pics) by Goddex: 2:04pm On Nov 24, 2014
aresa:

You obviously can not read and comprehend..

You said your FG is doing something similar like the metro rail. So the question was.....

Is your federal government building a 10 lane freeway too with metro and BRT lanes attached too

Is your federal government building multiple brick and mortar stations too?

Is your federal government building multiple overhead bridges too?

Is your federal government building metro rail and rail bridge over the marina...

Read and comprehend before your next ignorant and unintelligent reply...

Oga, some of you don't ever travel out.
somebody just showed you a 10 lanes expressway in Abuja built by GEJ
There are two of such long stretched extremely beautiful roads
See examples:

Re: Is This What Transformation Looks Like? (pics) by aresa: 2:21pm On Nov 24, 2014
PhockPhockMan:
Hypocrite, you admit that one of the reason it's taking Fashola eternity to finish his rail system is that he imports everything, now tell me, which of the material GEJ is using that was not imported.
So unfortunate.

Olodo. What's time got to do with jona buying and forcing ancient locomotives on Nigerians and Time needed to construct a metro rail with ten lane freeway, BRT access, build power plants, buy trains, build rail stations, build overhead bridges and so on.?

It's not by force to comment so it beats me why some of you just don't STFU...

1 Like

Re: Is This What Transformation Looks Like? (pics) by aresa: 2:37pm On Nov 24, 2014
Goddex:

Oga, some of you don't ever travel out.
somebody just showed you a 10 lanes expressway in Abuja built by GEJ
There are two of such long stretched extremely beautiful roads
See examples:

What's wrong with you unintelligent can't read and comprehend people...?

If your FG is not building a metro rail and constructing a ten lane freeway to go with it at the same time, also building power plants to power the metro rail, not building over head bridges, not building metro stations, why compare your FG building a common rail train and expect both to be completed at the same time?

Don't you people have basic common sense? Why do you people think like elementary school kids?

Geezzz...

1 Like

Re: Is This What Transformation Looks Like? (pics) by aresa: 2:43pm On Nov 24, 2014
Ucheosefoh:
BROS can you back up your claims with pictures so that we will know the level of works going on or we will take your claims as a fallacious claim

You obviously have access to the internet so help yourself with google...
Re: Is This What Transformation Looks Like? (pics) by Enice(m): 3:18pm On Nov 24, 2014
It is the height of ignorance for someome to compare "a part to the whole". Lagos is part of Nigeria and she derives most of her income from doing business with the FG (seaport, airports, ministries, etc). But what one can compare is the style of governance to which I would say is lacking at the center (FG). Fashola would trash Jonathan anyday in style of governance.

1 Like

Re: Is This What Transformation Looks Like? (pics) by Olaolufred(m): 3:31pm On Nov 24, 2014
toyoe49:
Has anyone heard of this young guy contesting for presidential election in 2015
His declaration speech;

OFFICIAL DECLARATION BY OLABODE JOHN WESLEY TO
CONTEND THE 2015 GENERAL ELECTIONS THIS DAY
21st NOVEMBER; 2014 AT I.P.C NATIONAL SECRETARIAT
IN LAGOS.
Haven duly consulted and taken into consideration the
loud thoughts of Nigerian youths, it becomes very
pertinent that a Visionary Youth and Progressive
oriented leader be presented to defend their interest
and also lead our dear Nation Nigeria to the promised
land where Milk and Honey once flowed, where Peace
and Tranquillity once reigned, where Unity and
Harmony was once our tale of brotherhood and a land
where dignity was once our pride.
I hereby step forward with a one point agenda of an
EGALITARIAN SOCIETY for all; in great humility and
with formidable support from Nigerian Youth, in order
to honour the clarion call to render selfless service to
humanity without fear or favour to therefore take up
the mantle of Leadership in order to navigate an
absolute New Atmosphere of Governance.
On this note, I hereby declare my intentions to run in
the 2015 general elections as President of the Federal
Republic of Nigeria under the umbrella of the
Independent Progressive Congress of Nigeria on this
day of 21 - 11 - 2014.
Remember, It Takes Young Men of Great Courage No
Time In Transforming Their Generation.
Vote Wisely To Secure The Future.
God Bless Nigeria and Strengthen Our Youth!

YOU WILL SURE BE FAR BETTER THAN GOOFLUCK.

IF IS BETWEEN YOU AND EBELLEI, I WILL VOTE YOU.
Re: Is This What Transformation Looks Like? (pics) by PhockPhockMan: 3:52pm On Nov 24, 2014
aresa:

Olodo. What's time got to do with jona buying and forcing ancient locomotives on Nigerians and Time needed to construct a metro rail with ten lane freeway, BRT access, build power plants, buy trains, build rail stations, build overhead bridges and so on.?

It's not by force to comment so it beats me why some of you just don't STFU...
You're a waste of sperm.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PHOTO: Should Federal Road Safety Corps Officer Carry A Gun? / Sokoto: Tangaza LG Chairman, 8 Councilors Decamp To APC / Benue Final Result As Announced

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.