Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,324 members, 7,808,088 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:59 AM

Homosexuality And The Bible : Paul's Letter To The Romans (A Gay Boys View) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Homosexuality And The Bible : Paul's Letter To The Romans (A Gay Boys View) (1408 Views)

Salient Points From the Epistle to the Romans / Romans-11 Vs 25 And 2-Thessalonians 2 Vs 3 / Dear Muslims Why Did The Romans Want To Kill Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Homosexuality And The Bible : Paul's Letter To The Romans (A Gay Boys View) by Nobody: 11:29am On Nov 23, 2014
Before You start raining curses on me... READ All I wrote down

[b]
Romans 1: 19-28
19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath showed it unto them.
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. 26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;[/b]

This passage in the bible always bothered me.

It one of the clearest parts in the bible. Talking about Homosexuality

But I would like to analyse this passage with you.

If you read through this passage from the beginning you would see ... It says God showed them his truth and his light

But they denied it calling him a terrible man...

Then GOD gave them to UNCLEANLINESS through the LUST of their own hearts.

What would you define as LUST? Is lust unnatural and of Satan? When you see your wife in the bedroom do you not LUST after her?

This line also talks about ALL KINDS OF SEXUALITY not just HOMOSEXUALITY. It even proves that people naturally have Homosexual feelings.

Dont get me wrong... When I say Homosexuality I mean only Attraction and not the sexual act.

The definition of Homosexuality is when a man/woman is attracted to the same sex. not when a man or woman is having sex with the same sex.

And GOD used this medium and give them up to uncleanliness. The bible talks alot about uncleanliness a lot. In the old and new testament. IT ALWAYS refers uncleanliness as something bad or a disease

To me I feel this uncleanliness is SEXUAL TRANSMITTED DISEASES in the bible.

The Word of God is indeed powerful. God knew about HIV and AIDS even before man discovered it.

Here comes a tricky part...VILE AFFECTIONS

Some translations of the bible call this different names.

Degrading Passions, Shameful Lusts...

I think this is actually BehindBased SEX!

If you read this passage very well You see it says Women gave up their natural use.

I don't think this part talked about Lesbians... It talked about Women who practise BehindBased sex.

Funny right?

Women who gave up their womanliness and let men have BehindBased intercourse with them.

And then God said likewise... Men burned with lust for one another...

It didn't say men burnt with Evil or Satanic lust for one another.

It just Meant PROMISCUOUS gays having unprotected BehindBased sex with numerous sex partners.

The RECOMPENSE meant they get a sexual disease and HIV and AIDS at the end of the day.

Read This Scientific Research...

The HIV virus is more easily transmitted through unprotected BehindBased intercourse than through unprotected womanly intercourse [28] and men who report unprotected receptive BehindBased intercourse are at increased risk of contracting the HIV virus.[25] Generally, the receptive partner is at greater risk of contracting the HIV virus because the lining of the rectum is thin and may allow the virus to enter the body through Fluid exchange. The insertive partner is also at risk because STIs can enter through the urethra or through small cuts, abrasions, or open sores on the joystick.

This is my Own understanding of this passage.
Re: Homosexuality And The Bible : Paul's Letter To The Romans (A Gay Boys View) by 42n8dzydoo(m): 11:32am On Nov 23, 2014
Hmmmmmm
Re: Homosexuality And The Bible : Paul's Letter To The Romans (A Gay Boys View) by EvangSDKalu: 11:33am On Nov 23, 2014
The thunder that wants to fire you, I sent it back to do press up before it fires you.
Re: Homosexuality And The Bible : Paul's Letter To The Romans (A Gay Boys View) by Davidson267(m): 11:44am On Nov 23, 2014
Poster
Re: Homosexuality And The Bible : Paul's Letter To The Romans (A Gay Boys View) by Nobody: 11:47am On Nov 23, 2014
My advice to any gay person; Live your life the best way you can. According to recent survey, same sex relationship have the best relationship.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Homosexuality And The Bible : Paul's Letter To The Romans (A Gay Boys View) by EpicNigerian(m): 11:47am On Nov 23, 2014
OP,what is your point exactly?
Re: Homosexuality And The Bible : Paul's Letter To The Romans (A Gay Boys View) by Nobody: 11:54am On Nov 23, 2014
EvangSDKalu:
The thunder that wants to fire you, I sent it back to do press up before it fires you.

Have you even read what I wrote down...

Do you have any reason for thunder to strike me?

State your reasons and don't flare up because you saw the word Homosexuality as my topic.
Re: Homosexuality And The Bible : Paul's Letter To The Romans (A Gay Boys View) by Nobody: 12:06pm On Nov 23, 2014
EpicNigerian:
OP,what is your point exactly?

My point is that this passage has been used to say homosexuals are evil and bad.

There is a sad trend where people turn away from Christianity just because of this hate statements people quote from the bible.

To me this passage talked about Rebelling against God and Sexual Immorality. (Having Sex with lots of people).

I have always had homosexual feelings growing up in a Christian home and i wondered why I felt this way until I did my research.

When I mean homosexual feelings I mean just attraction and not sex.

There are many gays out there who believe in God but feel ostracised because of these passages used against them.

They fall into wrong sides because their families have disowned them. And they feel God doesn't love them for some reason.

These people are prone to the devils ways exposing them to sexual promiscuity and the likes.

Many gays will go to hell not because of their sexual orientation but because of the exposure to worldly ways.
Re: Homosexuality And The Bible : Paul's Letter To The Romans (A Gay Boys View) by EpicNigerian(m): 12:38pm On Nov 23, 2014
Scaredsilent:

My point is that this passage has been used to say homosexuals are evil and bad.

There is a sad trend where people turn away from Christianity just because of this hate statements people quote from the bible.

To me this passage talked about Rebelling against God and Sexual Immorality. (Having Sex with lots of people).

I have always had homosexual feelings growing up in a Christian home and i wondered why I felt this way until I did my research.

There are many gays out there who believe in God but feel ostracised because of these passages used against them.

They fall into wrong sides because their families have disowned them. And they feel God doesn't love them for some reason.

These people are prone to the devils ways exposing them to sexual promiscuity and the likes.

Many gays will go to hell not because of their sexual orientation but because of the exposure to worldly ways.

Even though I don't have the right to judge anyone based on their sexual orientation,I also think your interpretation of the bible verse you quoted is very wrong.

My candid advise to you is to abandon your christian belief and fully dedicate your time to being an homosexual(no offence,I don't mean to sound condescending) and secretly worship your God(that's if you even believe in His existence).

I want you to know that oil and water do not mix,cos homosexuality and true christian beliefs can never find a common ground.

As long as you remain a christian and a gay at the same time,church people would always regard you as an outcast,hence my reasons for telling you to renounce your christian faith and be fully commited to your homosexual lifestyle.

I wish you the very best in your journey of self discovery.

#PEACE
Re: Homosexuality And The Bible : Paul's Letter To The Romans (A Gay Boys View) by Nobody: 12:57pm On Nov 23, 2014
EpicNigerian:

Even though I don't have the right to judge anyone based on their sexual orientation,I also think your interpretation of the bible verse you quoted is very wrong.

My candid advise to you is to abandon your christian belief and fully dedicate your time to being an homosexual(no offence,I don't mean to sound condescending) and secretly worship your God(that's if you even believe in His existence).

I want you to know that oil and water do not mix,cos homosexuality and true christian beliefs can never find a common ground.

As long as you remain a christian and a gay at the same time,church people would always regard you as an outcast,hence my reasons for telling you to renounce your christian faith and be fully commited to your homosexual lifestyle.

I wish you the very best in your journey of self discovery.

#PEACE

Why Is it wrong? Does it Not make sense to you...

If its wrong read that passage again...

What do you think is homosexuality? Thats my first question for you?
Re: Homosexuality And The Bible : Paul's Letter To The Romans (A Gay Boys View) by Nobody: 1:12pm On Nov 23, 2014
Scaredsilent:
Before You start raining curses on me... READ All I wrote down

[b]
Romans 1: 19-28
19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath showed it unto them.
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. 26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;[/b]

This passage in the bible always bothered me.

It one of the clearest parts in the bible. Talking about Homosexuality

But I would like to analyse this passage with you.

If you read through this passage from the beginning you would see ... It says God showed them his truth and his light

But they denied it calling him a terrible man...

Then GOD gave them to UNCLEANLINESS through the LUST of their own hearts.

What would you define as LUST? Is lust unnatural and of Satan? When you see your wife in the bedroom do you not LUST after her?

This line also talks about ALL KINDS OF SEXUALITY not just HOMOSEXUALITY. It even proves that people naturally have Homosexual feelings.

Dont get me wrong... When I say Homosexuality I mean only Attraction and not the sexual act.

The definition of Homosexuality is when a man/woman is attracted to the same sex. not when a man or woman is having sex with the same sex.

And GOD used this medium and give them up to uncleanliness. The bible talks alot about uncleanliness a lot. In the old and new testament. IT ALWAYS refers uncleanliness as something bad or a disease

To me I feel this uncleanliness is SEXUAL TRANSMITTED DISEASES in the bible.

The Word of God is indeed powerful. God knew about HIV and AIDS even before man discovered it.

Here comes a tricky part...VILE AFFECTIONS

Some translations of the bible call this different names.

Degrading Passions, Shameful Lusts...

I think this is actually BehindBased SEX!

If you read this passage very well You see it says Women gave up their natural use.

I don't think this part talked about Lesbians... It talked about Women who practise BehindBased sex.

Funny right?

Women who gave up their womanliness and let men have BehindBased intercourse with them.

And then God said likewise... Men burned with lust for one another...

It didn't say men burnt with Evil or Satanic lust for one another.

It just Meant PROMISCUOUS gays having unprotected BehindBased sex with numerous sex partners.

The RECOMPENSE meant they get a sexual disease and HIV and AIDS at the end of the day.

Read This Scientific Research...

The HIV virus is more easily transmitted through unprotected BehindBased intercourse than through unprotected womanly intercourse [28] and men who report unprotected receptive BehindBased intercourse are at increased risk of contracting the HIV virus.[25] Generally, the receptive partner is at greater risk of contracting the HIV virus because the lining of the rectum is thin and may allow the virus to enter the body through Fluid exchange. The insertive partner is also at risk because STIs can enter through the urethra or through small cuts, abrasions, or open sores on the joystick.

This is my Own understanding of this passage.

From an unbaised point of view, i think this bible verses are talking about homosexuality.....

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

What else is the natural use of Women? What does lust mean and what does it mean for a woman to lust after her fellow woman, and man likewise?

Working that which is unseemly....as in that which is abnormal. Now God gave them a reprobate mind. Reprobate mean very sinful and mischievous....like extra-ordinarily naughty. Meaning that they were meant to be commuting sins that are out of the ordinary (like homosexuality).

Homosexuality did not start in our own time....it has been around.
Re: Homosexuality And The Bible : Paul's Letter To The Romans (A Gay Boys View) by Johnfavour(m): 1:24pm On Nov 23, 2014
EvangSDKalu:
you are a disgrace to christaindom. You call ursef an evangelist and u r cursing.

1 Like

Re: Homosexuality And The Bible : Paul's Letter To The Romans (A Gay Boys View) by Johnfavour(m): 1:30pm On Nov 23, 2014
Whatever, I didnt choose this way. But God knows all.

1 Like

Re: Homosexuality And The Bible : Paul's Letter To The Romans (A Gay Boys View) by EpicNigerian(m): 2:02pm On Nov 23, 2014
shachris03:

From an unbaised point of view, i think this bible verses are talking about homosexuality.....

What else is the natural use of Women? What does lust mean and what does it mean for a woman to lust after her fellow woman, and man likewise?

Working that which is unseemly....as in that which is abnormal. Now God gave them a reprobate mind. Reprobate mean very sinful and mischievous....like extra-ordinarily naughty. Meaning that they were meant to be commuting sins that are out of the ordinary (like homosexuality).

Yeah,the bible passage was talking about homosexuals alright.....but was the passage in favour of it?.......I don't think so.

According to the passage quoted by the Op,you can see that God was angry with men and women at that time from departing from His ways,for not being thankful to Him,for abandoning Him for mere idol worship and as a consequence for man's evil ways,God cursed them with an unclean spirit of homosexuality (Read the New International Version for better understanding).

So,in my opinion,homosexuality has always been unclean and a curse from bible days(Read the case of sodom and gomorah).That is why from this particular bible verse,God use it as a form of punishment to those that neglected Him.
Re: Homosexuality And The Bible : Paul's Letter To The Romans (A Gay Boys View) by Nobody: 2:13pm On Nov 23, 2014
EpicNigerian:

Yeah,the bible passage was talking about homosexuals alright.....but was the passage in favour of it?.......I don't think so.

According to the passage quoted by the Op,you can see that God was angry with men and women at that time from departing from His ways,for not being thankful to Him,for abandoning Him for mere idol worship and as a consequence for man's evil ways,God cursed them with an unclean spirit of homosexuality (Read the New International Version for better understanding).

So,in my opinion,homosexuality has always been unclean and a curse from bible days(Read the case of sodom and gomorah).That is why from this particular bible verse,God use it as a form of punishment to those that neglected Him.

So God is the originator of homosexuality? in that case, we do we still blame gays for their afflictions which was brought upon them not of their own doing?
Re: Homosexuality And The Bible : Paul's Letter To The Romans (A Gay Boys View) by WinsomeX: 2:16pm On Nov 23, 2014
Scaredsilent:

Your interpretation of that Romans scriptures is not encompassing enough. While it sure can include the things you listed in the OP, the orthodox aspect of it repudiating homosexuality of all forms remains.

I agree with the thesis that a hatred for gays can keep them from the Christian life. Nevertheless if gay people will come to Christ they must be ready to allow God to deliver them from homosexuality. Including you, sir, the OP.
Re: Homosexuality And The Bible : Paul's Letter To The Romans (A Gay Boys View) by Nobody: 2:42pm On Nov 23, 2014
shachris03:

The natural use of woman meant vaginal sex. That is womanhood sex when a man inserts his manhood into a womanhood. You know that before Christianity there was Judaism. Jesus was born a Jew and then in Judaism. When they said natural use of women meant that.

Read this
The Mishneh Torah, a text considered authoritative by Orthodox Jewish sects,[136] states "since a man’s wife is permitted to him, he may act with her in any manner whatsoever. He may have intercourse with her whenever he so desires and kiss any organ of her body he wishes, and he may have intercourse with her naturally or unnaturally [traditionally, unnaturally refers to anal and MouthAction], provided that he does not expend semen to no purpose. Nevertheless, it is an attribute of piety that a man should not act in this matter with levity and that he should sanctify himself at the time of intercourse."[137]

God was talking to homosexuals and also heterosexuals who engage in anal sex. Sex that is not natural when a man inserts his manhood only inside a woman's womanhood and not any other place on the body.

I will repeat homosexuals aren't people who are having sex with men... they are people who are attracted to the same sex...

But I will tell you this. That most of the homosexual community is corrupt. Thats why they need guidance of God do not condemn them but its the current worldly lifestyle you should condemn.

Many Homosexuals sleep around with one another no guidance or moral standard. And if the church shuts its eyes to this they would indeed go to hell.

And also those who shut their eyes to people who are homosexual will go to hell as well.
Re: Homosexuality And The Bible : Paul's Letter To The Romans (A Gay Boys View) by EpicNigerian(m): 2:47pm On Nov 23, 2014
shachris03:

So God is the originator of homosexuality? in that case, we do we still blame gays for their afflictions which was brought upon them not of their own doing?
Hmmmm......Intresting thougths you have there.

I don't think it would be fare to say God created homosexuality as with all other unclean things in the bible that He doesn't like, even though we could link those same things to Him indirectly for creating lucifer.Because according to the bible(correct me if am wrong please),God's plan for man was perfect until lucifer derailed.

But don't get me wrong,I'm a very open minded person who also doesn't believe everything in the Bible.I was only trying to make the Op understand why he has to renounce his christian faith,so he could concentrate more on his homosexual lifestyle,because as far as he's a christian homosexual,other christian folks would see him as an outcast.Because for whatever reasons,his present sexual status greatly condradicts the core teachings of bible believing christians.
Re: Homosexuality And The Bible : Paul's Letter To The Romans (A Gay Boys View) by Nobody: 3:03pm On Nov 23, 2014
EpicNigerian:

Hmmmm......Intresting thougths you have there.

I don't think it would be fare to say God created homosexuality as with all other unclean things in the bible that He doesn't like, even though we could link those same things to Him indirectly for creating lucifer.Because according to the bible(correct me if am wrong please),God's plan for man was perfect until lucifer derailed.

But don't get me wrong,I'm a very open minded person who also doesn't believe everything in the Bible.I was only trying to make the Op understand why he has to renounce his christian faith,so he could concentrate more on his homosexual lifestyle,because as far as he's a christian homosexual,other christian folks would see him as an outcast.Because for whatever reasons,his present sexual status greatly condradicts the core teachings of bible believing christians.

Why would you tell people to renounce their faith...?

Did Jesus tell you to tell other people to renounce their faith...

You might think what you are saying is funny... But its not. Your word pushes people away... Away from the glory and wondrous blessings of the bible and Christianity.

I cant force you to be good or have a kind heart. The Pharisees where a group of vipers in the church condemning people because they do not conform to their ways.

What ever I have said is not for you then... have a nice life.
Re: Homosexuality And The Bible : Paul's Letter To The Romans (A Gay Boys View) by Nobody: 3:09pm On Nov 23, 2014
shachris03:

Dont mind what ever he says. God created all things. I feel homosexuality is as natural as a feeling between a close heterosexual couple. Its what we do with that feeling that is the problem.

The Homosexual community built their image around sexual immorality and all the evil things you can imagine.

The Devil is indeed glad about the hate in church. So he can have as much souls as he can from the community.

Enlightenment is what majority of gay people. A lot of Gay people have lost their way outside the church.
Re: Homosexuality And The Bible : Paul's Letter To The Romans (A Gay Boys View) by cbravo2: 10:40am On Apr 20, 2017

(1) (Reply)

If Jesus Is Equal With God Then How Do U Explain 1 Corinthians 15:28? / Preconditions For Heaven Volume 1 [section D] / Shocking: Checkout This Church Poster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.