Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:15 AM

Is It A Sin For A Born-again Christian To Watch Wrestling Show? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It A Sin For A Born-again Christian To Watch Wrestling Show? (4860 Views)

Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? / Can A Born Again Give A Head During Sex? / How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It A Sin For A Born-again Christian To Watch Wrestling Show? by emmdam(m): 11:56am On Nov 23, 2014
Can a born-again christian refer watching wrestling show as a form of entertainment or a sin?
Re: Is It A Sin For A Born-again Christian To Watch Wrestling Show? by godsamist: 1:01pm On Nov 23, 2014
My candid reply is who is a born again christain?
Because everybody claims born again..But to know whether you are born again..open to the book of galatians:5:22-25.
If the nine fruits of the Holy spirit is not manifesting in you..You are still far from been born again..If in you it will instruct and guild you..No need of such qestion if these spirit dwells in you!
Re: Is It A Sin For A Born-again Christian To Watch Wrestling Show? by madmadu(m): 1:02pm On Nov 23, 2014
hian
Re: Is It A Sin For A Born-again Christian To Watch Wrestling Show? by Lex11(m): 4:13pm On Nov 23, 2014
I find nothing wrong with watching wrestling as a form of entertainment... it is, after all, just that = entertainment/a show. Now, watching it excessively, or other negative things involving our imaginations... that's a different story.
Re: Is It A Sin For A Born-again Christian To Watch Wrestling Show? by Hiswordxray(m): 8:41pm On Nov 23, 2014
emmdam:
Can a born-again christian refer watching wrestling show as a form of entertainment or a sin?
That is a wrong question.
The right questions are
what good is watching wrestling to me?
As a child of God will watched wrestling build me up, will it help me to grow up?
Does watching wrestling have any negative effect on my spiritual life?
Does watching people in violent act teach me to turn my face when someone slap me?
Does watching aggressive people teach me to be humble?
Can I find another form of entertainment that will impact my spiritual life positively?
Can I get to a place where doing the things of God is both pleasurable and entertaining to me?

The question is not weather something is a sin or not. But we should be more interested in the real you which is a child of God and loves doing the things of God. Asking the wrong questions had people many people into trouble. Remember you have the nature of God (2Pet 1:4) live by that nature in you.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin For A Born-again Christian To Watch Wrestling Show? by Omexonomy: 8:51pm On Nov 23, 2014
Yes and no
Re: Is It A Sin For A Born-again Christian To Watch Wrestling Show? by Moyadex(m): 10:12pm On Dec 08, 2021
It's simple.
Whenever you're confused, becareful who you listen to.

If you don't know if something is wrong, then see Jesus doing it. If you see Jesus doing it, what would be your reaction?

For example,

Can you picture Jesus engaging in wrestling?
Is it befitting?

If it's not appropriate, then wrestling is inappropriate.

Then ask yourself if entertaining yourself with inappropriate things is good for you as a Christian? Or picture Jesus watching what's inappropriate! What do you think?
Re: Is It A Sin For A Born-again Christian To Watch Wrestling Show? by Kobojunkie: 12:18am On Dec 09, 2021
Moyadex:
It's simple.
Whenever you're confused, becareful who you listen to.

If you don't know if something is wrong, then see Jesus doing it. If you see Jesus doing it, what would be your reaction?

For example,

Can you picture Jesus engaging in wrestling?
Is it befitting?

If it's not appropriate, then wrestling is inappropriate.

Then ask yourself if entertaining yourself with inappropriate things is good for you as a Christian? Or picture Jesus watching what's inappropriate! What do you think?
Sin has absolutely nothing to do with any of what you described above. It isn't arbitrarily defined. undecided

Instead, Sin is disobedience of God's direct commandment to us obedience is instead what God calls us to. God is a God of Laws and Jesus Christ is God's New Agreement/Law in the Kingdom of God. What this means is that God's Truth and Law is contained in the very teachings and commandments given to us by Jesus Christ, and in this Law there are approximately 100 laws which define clearly for us what is sin. undecided

So, to answer the OP'S question, you would have to access the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ in order to find what, if any, law is impacted in this. undecided

Also, note, that it is against God's Law aka sin to add, change, or remove laws as you please from God's Law so those of you who go around, for instance, declaring sin that which God never indicated as such, do so against God - you sin when you do that. undecided
Re: Is It A Sin For A Born-again Christian To Watch Wrestling Show? by Kobojunkie: 12:24am On Dec 09, 2021
Hiswordxray:

That is a wrong question.
The right questions are
what good is watching wrestling to me?
As a child of God will watched wrestling build me up, will it help me to grow up?
Does watching wrestling have any negative effect on my spiritual life?
Does watching people in violent act teach me to turn my face when someone slap me?
Does watching aggressive people teach me to be humble?
Can I find another form of entertainment that will impact my spiritual life positively?
Can I get to a place where doing the things of God is both pleasurable and entertaining to me?
I am afraid these questions are meaningless where Sin is concerned since what is sin is not arbitrarily defined. Instead Sin is that which is in direct disobedience of God's given laws, where God has instead called us to obedience of His Law/Agreement. undecided

God is God of Laws and Jesus Christ is God's New Covenant agreement/Law between God and man in the Kingdom of God. The teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ contained about 100 of God's commandments by which we are expected to live by in the Kingdom of God, and so it is sin to break any one of those laws. undecided

Also according to the Law, it is sin to add, remove, or change the details of any of the commandments as given to us by God. So those of you who go around casting as sin that which God never decreed so, sin against the Almighty by your acts. undecided

To answer the OP, what one needs do is access the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ to find out what, if at all any, teaching would apply. undecided
Re: Is It A Sin For A Born-again Christian To Watch Wrestling Show? by Moyadex(m): 9:47am On Mar 20, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Sin has absolutely nothing to do with any of what you described above. It isn't arbitrarily defined. undecided

Instead, Sin is disobedience of God's direct commandment to us obedience is instead what God calls us to. God is a God of Laws and Jesus Christ is God's New Agreement/Law in the Kingdom of God. What this means is that God's Truth and Law is contained in the very teachings and commandments given to us by Jesus Christ, and in this Law there are approximately 100 laws which define clearly for us what is sin. undecided

So, to answer the OP'S question, you would have to access the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ in order to find what, if any, law is impacted in this. undecided

Also, note, that it is against God's Law aka sin to add, change, or remove laws as you please from God's Law so those of you who go around, for instance, declaring sin that which God never indicated as such, do so against God - you sin when you do that. undecided

Sin is going against God's will. And I haven't declare anything sinful here. Open the pages of your Bible, it's said that whatever you conscious declared as sin is sin for you indeed.

I'm basically asking him to look at Jesus, and see what Jesus would want. Isn't that the main purpose of Christian life?
Re: Is It A Sin For A Born-again Christian To Watch Wrestling Show? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:14am On Mar 20, 2022
emmdam:

The Lord tests the righteous and the wicked, and his soul hates him that loves violence. Psalms 11:5 RSV
Re: Is It A Sin For A Born-again Christian To Watch Wrestling Show? by Righthussle: 10:37am On Mar 20, 2022
Yes! It is a great sin to watch wrestling shows, even Nollywood, Hollywood etc. In fact it is a sin to have television and phones as a Christian or a child. Television and phone are not in the Bible.
Re: Is It A Sin For A Born-again Christian To Watch Wrestling Show? by Kobojunkie: 2:18pm On Mar 20, 2022
Moyadex:
1. Sin is going against God's will. And I haven't declare anything sinful here. Open the pages of your Bible, it's said that whatever you conscious declared as sin is sin for you indeed.

2. I'm basically asking him to look at Jesus, and see what Jesus would want. Isn't that the main purpose of Christian life?
1. God's Will is Jesus Christ, God's New Covenant Law who dictated about 100 commandments which He was clear that we are to obey If we love Him. Claiming to believe in God yet living in direct violation of those commandments is what sin is. undecided

2. NO! The main purpose of the Christian life is to live one's life in direct submission to and obedience of the commandments given us by Jesus Christ, the one who is God's Law in the Kingdom of God - John 14 vs 15 - 25 & John 15 vs 14. Jesus Christ said that is what those who love Him do. So any other purpose is against Jesus Christ. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? / Locating The Qibla; Simple Tips / How Can A Doctor Believe He Saw D Ghost Of A Patient? Religion Has Killed Naija!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.