Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:01 AM

Tell Us The Best Places To Live In Nigeria And Why - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tell Us The Best Places To Live In Nigeria And Why (59564 Views)

Best City In Nigeria To Live In? / Best Places In Port Harcourt To Live In. / Tell Us About The City Where You Live (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us The Best Places To Live In Nigeria And Why by mmsen: 10:26pm On Apr 26, 2015
FOREXMARTS:

Na wah oh, na so people dey take fail exam lol. Op said "place"and now this chief is posting foreign statistical data of a full state, ogini nu?

You made a false claim.

I refuted the claim, with evidence.

Those are stats.

You have none, just conjecture.
Re: Tell Us The Best Places To Live In Nigeria And Why by Nobody: 10:28pm On Apr 26, 2015
FOREXMARTS:

Oga don't digress, the op said "best place" and not "best state". Am referring to Towns, cities and not a state. All states have under developed Arras outside the capital. Am simply referring to the word "place"and not the state as a whole. Even in American state you have the country side so let's not mix it up, we are talking places and not poor or rich states.

Nobody is digressing anything. By the way, I'm the OP. Secondly my statement concerning Kwara State is not digressional. Oro is a place, Offa is a place, Ilorin is a place, Omu aran is a place. They are all in Kwara state and apart from Ilorin, the rest are underdeveloped. Capiche?
Re: Tell Us The Best Places To Live In Nigeria And Why by FOREXMARTS: 10:31pm On Apr 26, 2015
taayourty:
No one mentioned Jos. Please can someone who knows Jos enlighten us about the place. Am planning relocating there.

Un expected and unannounced bomb explosions deterred me from relocating to my place of birth (JOS).
Re: Tell Us The Best Places To Live In Nigeria And Why by tonaydo(m): 10:34pm On Apr 26, 2015
Ichliebedich:
lol seconded
you reside in enugu?
Re: Tell Us The Best Places To Live In Nigeria And Why by FOREXMARTS: 10:36pm On Apr 26, 2015
literarymathy:

Nobody is digressing anything. By the way, I'm the OP. Secondly my statement concerning Kwara State is not digressional. Oro is a place, Offa is a place, Ilorin is a place, Omu aran is a place. They are all in Kwara state and apart from Ilorin, the rest are underdeveloped. Capiche?

No capiche for this one cos I didn't call these "poverty stricken" places you have listed in my review, i was specific about Ilorin and only hinted that i visited offa now you all of a sudden generalised it into Kwara state by adding these places. Can you live in all of them at once? My review was simply for a place called ilorin CAPICHE!!!!!!? Lol unless you wanna change your topic title from best place to best state to live then i will capiche.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us The Best Places To Live In Nigeria And Why by islandmoon: 10:38pm On Apr 26, 2015
demola300:
PH,,less stress unlike lagos.

Which of the PH? If the Port Harcourt, be ready to face TMarine which is worst than LASTMA, Local Government boys particularly Obio Akpor LGA, Multiple taxation, cultist, constant broad day light robbery, sudden gun spree on the main road! Hahahah, guy park well! Come out to trans amadi industrial area by slaughter before 6am and you will certainly get robbed, agbero boys will arrest you claiming to be police.
Re: Tell Us The Best Places To Live In Nigeria And Why by FOREXMARTS: 10:44pm On Apr 26, 2015
mmsen:

You made a false claim.

I refuted the claim, with evidence.

Those are stats.

You have none, just conjecture.

False claim on something I am on ground experiencing. First you stats are for a state, my review is for only one city in that state and you say i made a false claim? Am taking a single number and your taking a geometric mean. Let's drop it, you are entitled to your opinion.
Re: Tell Us The Best Places To Live In Nigeria And Why by mmsen: 10:46pm On Apr 26, 2015
FOREXMARTS:

False claim on something I am on ground experiencing. First you stats are for a state, my review is for only one city in that state and you say i made a false claim? Am taking a single number and your taking a geometric mean. Let's drop it, you are entitled to your opinion.

I made a claim based on my assessment of several places in Nigerian which you refuted with no evidence.

I was able to support my statement with facts.
Re: Tell Us The Best Places To Live In Nigeria And Why by FOREXMARTS: 10:49pm On Apr 26, 2015
islandmoon:

Which of the PH? If the Port Harcourt, be ready to face TMarine which is worst than LASTMA, Local Government boys particularly Obio Akpor LGA, Multiple taxation, cultist, constant broad day light robbery, sudden gun spree on the main road! Hahahah, guy park well! Come out to trans amadi industrial area by slaughter before 6am and you will certainly get robbed, agbero boys will arrest you claiming to be police.
tell am oh. Some people just give reviews after a two day visit. I believe it's best to find out from those who reside or have lived there. I have resided at Orazi, eagle island, elekahia housing estate, gra phase 2, eliozu, town. Ph is just one abnormal jungle , as if any jungle is normal. I only miss Casablanca in ph.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us The Best Places To Live In Nigeria And Why by babyfaceafrica: 10:50pm On Apr 26, 2015
Every state has a nice place for your to live on...the most important thing is do you have the money? If bill gate lived in zamfara ,it will become a paradise...this places some of us are mentioning naw,some people developed it to make it what it is,let's all go back to our state of origin and develop it to our taste...there is no place like home

4 Likes

Re: Tell Us The Best Places To Live In Nigeria And Why by Onyi4live(m): 10:51pm On Apr 26, 2015
Cool city state enugu free From BH grin
Re: Tell Us The Best Places To Live In Nigeria And Why by FOREXMARTS: 10:52pm On Apr 26, 2015
mmsen:

I made a claim based on my assessment of several places in Nigerian which you refuted with no evidence.

I was able to support my statement with facts.

I told you i lived there and besides i thought i agreed you are entitled to your opinion, let it go chief.
Re: Tell Us The Best Places To Live In Nigeria And Why by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 10:56pm On Apr 26, 2015
mmsen:

I apologize, I'm sure Aba is a wonderful place to reside in.

But my point was that Calabar is not the filthy place that someone was claiming.

Ok beta.
Re: Tell Us The Best Places To Live In Nigeria And Why by FOREXMARTS: 10:56pm On Apr 26, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
Every state has a nice place for your to live on...the most important thing is do you have the money? If bill gate lived in zamfara ,it will become a paradise...this places some of us are mentioning naw,some people developed it to make it what it is,let's all go back to our state of origin and develop it to our taste...there is no place like home
lol trace your history, that place you call home hasn't always been home, your ancestors probably moved from other places, such is Life. This Life is too short for me to just live in a place and die there. I love exploring, so the travelling can't stop for me. If i have my way i will chase the summer around the world.
Re: Tell Us The Best Places To Live In Nigeria And Why by babyfaceafrica: 10:59pm On Apr 26, 2015
FOREXMARTS:
lol trace your history, that place you call home hasn't always been home, your ancestors probably moved from other places, such is Life. This Life is too short for me to just live in a place and die there. I love exploring, so the travelling can't stop for me. If i have my way i will chase the summer around the world.
hmmm....to every mallam his kettle...I will just say that any river which forgets its source will dry up.
Re: Tell Us The Best Places To Live In Nigeria And Why by FOREXMARTS: 11:05pm On Apr 26, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
hmmm....to every mallam his kettle...I will just say that any river which forgets its source will dry up.

That's if it forgets it's source. Not talking of forgetting source, there is a whole lot of world to explore noni lol. Catch my drift?
Re: Tell Us The Best Places To Live In Nigeria And Why by celestinho(m): 11:07pm On Apr 26, 2015
042 all the way...

2 Likes

Re: Tell Us The Best Places To Live In Nigeria And Why by babyfaceafrica: 11:07pm On Apr 26, 2015
FOREXMARTS:

That's if it forgets it's source. Not talking of forgetting source, there is a whole lot of world to explore noni lol. Catch my drift?
lol...yeah
Re: Tell Us The Best Places To Live In Nigeria And Why by Oboy101: 11:19pm On Apr 26, 2015
[color=#000000][/color]
Re: Tell Us The Best Places To Live In Nigeria And Why by Nobody: 11:25pm On Apr 26, 2015
Otueke. reasons, we all know the reason wink
Re: Tell Us The Best Places To Live In Nigeria And Why by Nobody: 11:26pm On Apr 26, 2015
Otueke. reasons, we all know the reason wink
Re: Tell Us The Best Places To Live In Nigeria And Why by Oboy101: 11:41pm On Apr 26, 2015
ibiammurphy:

i love Enugu as a city but the attitude of the indigenes and rate of tribalism there esp against EBONYI people is just so much and it has made me to hate the city and i cant live there after graduation..
I can't still understand why people still rate Enugu so high...what is it that makes it so special? They argue about this same issue some months ago on facebook, people were still shouting enugu,i later visited yet nothing convinced me...please Enugu is not as u rate it bro
Re: Tell Us The Best Places To Live In Nigeria And Why by iamwrong(m): 11:52pm On Apr 26, 2015
Akure. Ondo state capital. Most especially Alagbaka and ijapo estate... peaceful environment with exposed and urban residents. ..
Re: Tell Us The Best Places To Live In Nigeria And Why by darediamond(m): 12:36am On Apr 27, 2015
Walahii you need deliverance!! grin grin grin
tucky200:
Borno,sambisa forest....trust me ,you will love the evening breeze over there grin
Re: Tell Us The Best Places To Live In Nigeria And Why by AHOY147: 1:07am On Apr 27, 2015
Enugu is the best. Everything is moderate, just can't stop admiring the city.

2 Likes

Re: Tell Us The Best Places To Live In Nigeria And Why by onila(f): 4:32am On Apr 27, 2015
lol @ Igbos repping Enugu

that village tongue
Re: Tell Us The Best Places To Live In Nigeria And Why by swagifted(m): 6:36am On Apr 27, 2015
[quote author=eleojo23 post=33128177]Enugu city. Quiet and not so expensive like other cities. The city is generally well planned and beautiful except for some parts but it's only a matter of time before those places get properly developed.
I don't live there presently but have spent some time there and I visit there often.
I look forward to owning a house there. It's a good place to raise a family.

I would have mentioned Abuja since it's the capital of Nigeria but I feel that the city is too expensive for nothing (blame it on the excess money flowing in that city). Spent some months there and I just didn't like the place. Better to go and spend little money in a place like Enugu where I'll really be happy than to earn big and still spend much in Abuja with little satisfaction.

Anambra is also a good state to live in if you are looking for a state where development (especially infrastructure) is decentralized. There is hardly any remote village in that state. Most of the towns and villages have modern buildings and good roads with proper road signs. Kudos to their govt and the private individuals who have helped to bring development to their people.

But in all, Enugu city is my choice.

[/quote ] the good thing about anambra Is that private moguls de drag to develop their area...person go put solar strEet lights round him area make dem change d street name to him name...love dos niggas...can change 15 cents to a dollar real quick
Re: Tell Us The Best Places To Live In Nigeria And Why by Daykoozy(m): 6:47am On Apr 27, 2015
April07:

God bless you
You 4/7 for real?
Re: Tell Us The Best Places To Live In Nigeria And Why by tonaydo(m): 6:48am On Apr 27, 2015
Oboy101:
I can't still understand why people still rate Enugu so high...what is it that makes it so special? They argue about this same issue some months ago on facebook, people were still shouting enugu,i later visited yet nothing convinced me...please Enugu is not as u rate it bro
dude are you sure you visited the enugu that i know cos this city is so so cool ever since 2011 i came down here oboy na when i know xa lag na crap. . .am planning on settling down here in enugu. . .I LOVE ENUGU

3 Likes

Re: Tell Us The Best Places To Live In Nigeria And Why by swagifted(m): 6:51am On Apr 27, 2015
Oboy101:
try zoo estate...
Re: Tell Us The Best Places To Live In Nigeria And Why by forgiveness: 8:42am On Apr 27, 2015
mmsen:

I like all of those cities.

Although when we talk about Lagos we need to divide it into mainland, island and Ikeja GRA. I like the latter two, I do not like the first.

why?

what about surulere?

Bode tomas, Adeniran Ogunsanya, Ogunlana Drive etcetera.
Re: Tell Us The Best Places To Live In Nigeria And Why by meforyou1(m): 9:21am On Apr 27, 2015
The best town to live in Nigeria is Minna, Niger State. The most peaceful town in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

List Of Nigerians Who Own Private Jets / 12 Beautiful Resorts In Nigeria Where You Can Enjoy Your Honeymoon / Tanker Carrying Petrol Explodes With Driver Trapped inside In Ebonyi (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.