Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,715 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:48 AM

The Hymen: A Membrane Widely Misunderstood - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Hymen: A Membrane Widely Misunderstood (45760 Views)

8 Facts About The Hymen You Should Know / Ways The Hymen Can Be Severed Apart From Sex And Maturbation / More Women Becoming Virgins Again With Hymen Replacement Operations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hymen: A Membrane Widely Misunderstood by mesoade(m): 5:56pm On Nov 23, 2014
LEvuls:

I wished say na like that i be grin but i no be grin and more over i don pass my youth grin

mek shure u re nt hugging d one wey light dey for me
okay bros ,thank God say nepa no bring light,i for don......
Re: The Hymen: A Membrane Widely Misunderstood by mesoade(m): 6:00pm On Nov 23, 2014
Realtouchnot:

Thanks, symbiosis is correct. But strictly speaking, commensalism is a type of symbiosis, hence the relationship between man and this species of bacteria is most appropriately termed commensalism. The other strict term would have been mutualism, but the bacteria does not "directly" give man any benefit. I can still learn, anyway. I guess my biology should be rusty by now.
if it does not get any benefit from man how then does it obtain his food?
Re: The Hymen: A Membrane Widely Misunderstood by Realtouchnot: 6:00pm On Nov 23, 2014
LEvuls:

I thought u re touchnot

Nobi for knowledge na!
In fact, my most favourable quote, is, "The illiterates of 21st century are not those who cannot read or write, but those who are not willing to learn, unlearn and re-learn"

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Hymen: A Membrane Widely Misunderstood by Realtouchnot: 6:07pm On Nov 23, 2014
chymystique:

LOL.. Okay before I share it, I want to know how the hymen can grow back? grin tongue grin

Is this paragraph for real? Lol.. Ve never heard of it oo.. Thank you for telling us this new scope grin grin grin

Unfortunately, it only gets thinner by the day, and can't grow back. You should be telling us na.
Re: The Hymen: A Membrane Widely Misunderstood by Realtouchnot: 6:09pm On Nov 23, 2014
mesoade:
if it does not get any benefit from man how then does it obtain his food?

Of course, the benefits it does get include housing and nutrition.
Re: The Hymen: A Membrane Widely Misunderstood by mesoade(m): 6:14pm On Nov 23, 2014
Realtouchnot:

Of course, the benefits it does get include housing and nutrition.
definitely it's symbiosis . . I get ur point tho
Re: The Hymen: A Membrane Widely Misunderstood by Realtouchnot: 6:25pm On Nov 23, 2014
mesoade:
definitely it's symbiosis . . I get ur point tho

Yeah, it is symbiosis. But symbiosis is just the association between organisms whether good neutral or bad.
The three main types of symbiosis are mutualism, commensalism and parasitism.
Thanks dear!

1 Like

Re: The Hymen: A Membrane Widely Misunderstood by gbodimowo(m): 10:24am On Nov 24, 2014
OK
Re: The Hymen: A Membrane Widely Misunderstood by neighbourhud: 10:28am On Nov 24, 2014
Princecalm:
If i may ask, then what is the usefulness of the hymen.
Its a label grin

1 Like

Re: The Hymen: A Membrane Widely Misunderstood by holatin(m): 10:31am On Nov 24, 2014
why should I read this.
I don't look down to it I only shove it.
Re: The Hymen: A Membrane Widely Misunderstood by MadCow1: 10:32am On Nov 24, 2014
Hymen... grin

ONE of my favorite delicacies when properly served.. grin

Exits Thread..
Re: The Hymen: A Membrane Widely Misunderstood by lonelydora: 10:41am On Nov 24, 2014
We don't know hymen in Otuoke because it's already broken by unknown person at the age of 15.

1 Like

Re: The Hymen: A Membrane Widely Misunderstood by gtrust: 10:42am On Nov 24, 2014
Hymenoplasty, a medical procedure that has sparked controversy recently, is a sort of "re-virginization" that is mostly in countries in the Middle East and Latin America. The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, concerned about how this procedure is being marketed, has voiced its concern and its questionable ethical repercussions.

1 Like

Re: The Hymen: A Membrane Widely Misunderstood by uzolexis(f): 10:42am On Nov 24, 2014
Hhh
Re: The Hymen: A Membrane Widely Misunderstood by ibdeals1(m): 10:44am On Nov 24, 2014
Ok cool
Re: The Hymen: A Membrane Widely Misunderstood by uzolexis(f): 10:45am On Nov 24, 2014
Realtouchnot:

It was thought that the vermiform appendix had no function. But today, it is known to have some immunological functions (it is a Gut Associated Lymphoid Tissue, GALT), and also houses some commensal (good) bacteria, which compete with other harmful ones.

That's why I still maintain "no function as at now" for the hymen, cos new discoveries are possible.

The summary is to:
1. Allay the fears some ladies face concerning the mythical pain they will experience during their first intercourse.

2. Debunk the fallacy, that the absence of hymen means the girl isn't a virgin, since most women naturally, have the annular(widely open) type of hymen.

3. assert that under normal conditions, an average girl will not bleed on her first intercourse.

Thanks OP,i didn't bleed my 1st time and I thought something was wrong with me.now I know better.Thanks.
PS-nobody should quote me #OkBye

2 Likes

Re: The Hymen: A Membrane Widely Misunderstood by PTAwal: 10:53am On Nov 24, 2014
Motigbo
Re: The Hymen: A Membrane Widely Misunderstood by Fkhalifa(m): 10:54am On Nov 24, 2014
we study hymen as a course here in france,not widely misunderstood here.THANKS!
Re: The Hymen: A Membrane Widely Misunderstood by harryfish(f): 10:55am On Nov 24, 2014
Nice topic.
@ OP! Finally you have put to rest my troubled mind. Have been meaning to ask this as a question but shame will not allow me. I remembered my first experience after waitng 4 years I was really humiliated and embarrassed. On that special day lo and behold no blood. I was believed to have been lying and pretending all along that I was untainted when I was not. Till this day I keep asking myself what went wrong. I don't ever contribute when issues bout virginity is being discussed. I am still dyingg of the shame within me.

11 Likes

Re: The Hymen: A Membrane Widely Misunderstood by lonelydora: 10:55am On Nov 24, 2014
Cholls:
My brother go ahead educate us more grin
Enough of the theory. U r hereby advised to go and do practicals. Experience is the best teacher.
Re: The Hymen: A Membrane Widely Misunderstood by busky101(m): 10:57am On Nov 24, 2014
Please what is the french word for hymen, its not common here in FRANCE
Re: The Hymen: A Membrane Widely Misunderstood by busky101(m): 11:00am On Nov 24, 2014
uzolexis:

Thanks OP,i didn't bleed my 1st time and I thought something was wrong with me.now I know better.Thanks.
u just sounded like my big bro that lives in leuven, what's with u guys and yeah bye or ok bye!!!!smh
Re: The Hymen: A Membrane Widely Misunderstood by Nosyke(m): 11:00am On Nov 24, 2014
uzolexis:

**coughs***...............

1 Like

Re: The Hymen: A Membrane Widely Misunderstood by MrsAnyanwu(f): 11:03am On Nov 24, 2014
A friend of mine didn't bleed during her first intercourse ,and I started arguing with her that it aint possible,ignorance is indeed bliss,nkechi I am sorry ooo, come nd read for urself ooo . Op pls teach me more.Tnx

4 Likes

Re: The Hymen: A Membrane Widely Misunderstood by Geeblaze4(f): 11:05am On Nov 24, 2014
Princecalm:
If i may ask, then what is the usefulness of the hymen.
that's the label now
Re: The Hymen: A Membrane Widely Misunderstood by 1stola: 11:07am On Nov 24, 2014
High men...

1 Like

Re: The Hymen: A Membrane Widely Misunderstood by MadCow1: 11:07am On Nov 24, 2014
uzolexis:

YOU didnt bleed on your first time?! shocked shocked

His diick size must have been abominably small o.. shocked

2 Likes

Re: The Hymen: A Membrane Widely Misunderstood by farano(f): 11:09am On Nov 24, 2014
Fabdedon:
pintures plskiss
Pinshures of the intact hymen? You go wait tire then! grin
Re: The Hymen: A Membrane Widely Misunderstood by godman01(m): 11:12am On Nov 24, 2014
Realtouchnot:

The hymen has no specific function, other than, that it is part of the vagina. Probably vestigial
There's nothing God created without a purpose or function. It just might seem it doesn't but it does.
Re: The Hymen: A Membrane Widely Misunderstood by joe17: 11:12am On Nov 24, 2014
chymystique:

LOL.. Okay before I share it, I want to know how the hymen can grow back? grin tongue grin

Is this paragraph for real? Lol.. Ve never heard of it oo.. Thank you for telling us this new scope grin grin grin
U wnt 2 give it a shot? cheesy grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Edo Hospital Rejects Hand Sanitizers Donation / Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? / Lady Dies After Giving Birth To Her 2nd Set Of Triplets At Traditional Delivery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.