Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,831 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:10 AM

Alaba Trader Kills Customer For Failing To Agree A Price During Negotiation - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Alaba Trader Kills Customer For Failing To Agree A Price During Negotiation (568 Views)

MTN Giving Out Credit To Customer For Revalidating Sim Registeration / WICKEDNESS! Trader Kills Customer During Price Negotiation In Lagos / Inter Cont Bank Security Insults Customer For Charging Phone In The Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Alaba Trader Kills Customer For Failing To Agree A Price During Negotiation by nicholasis(m): 3:05pm On Nov 23, 2014
Alaba market traders experienced shock when a middle age man was killed by a trader for resisting the price he was given, the customer who is lying dead at the time of filling this report was seriously beaten by the trader which led to his death.

The trader, Lawrence Ikonne allegedly killed Isa Yaya during price negotiation of a faily used air conditioner.Continue reading bellow
The incident occurred at Ikonne’s abode on Afro Close, Afromedia Estate, Okokomaiko.

It was learnt that Yaya, 22, went to Ikonne’s house to buy the used air conditioner, Ikonne, 26, invited Yaya to his house to pick up the item.When they got to the house, it was said that the two of them went inside a room to bring out the commodity, and they started haggling over the price.

It was gathered that Yaya insisted on buying the air conditioner below N5, 000- a price which did not go down well with Ikonne.

As the haggling continued, a fight was said to have ensued between the two which turned violent during which Ikonne allegedly hit Yaya with a plank in the belly.

During interrogation, the suspect explained that he had asked Yaya to either pay N5, 000 or assist him to return the commodity to where they brought it from but Yaya had refused. Ikonne added that he felt insulted by this attitude.

He said, “I had not met the young man before. I met him that morning at the Alaba market, and asked him to buy one of my appliances: an air conditioner. He actually looked like a cart pusher. When we got home, we both went in to remove the product, and we brought it outside for negotiation.

“As we continued, he said he would pay less than N5, 000. I replied that he should assist me to return it to where we took it from, but he refused. In the process, we started fighting. He even asked me to pay him for helping me bring it out. I was mad, and I hit his belly with a plank.

“When I realised he had fainted, I tied him with a rope and dragged him into a corner. I also fled the house.”

Punch gathered that it was one of Ikonne’s co-tenants who noticed Yaya’s corpse where he was tied up.

He then raised the alarm, and reported the case to the Okokomaiko police station. The policemen later came to arrest Ikonne.

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Kenneth Nwosu, said he would call our correspondent back on the matter. He, however, had yet to do so as of press time.

Meanwhile, our correspondent gathered that Ikonne had been transferred to the State Criminal Investigations Department, Yaba, and he would be charged to court soon.

Source : http://updatenaija.com/alaba-trader-kills-customer-failing-agree-price-negotiation/

(1) (Reply)

While Waiting For “better Naija”..... / Amazing Discovery In Arkansas / What Is Your New Year Resolution? Lets Read Start With Mine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.