Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,210 members, 7,807,722 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:03 PM

Types Of Food We Eat When Semester Is Coming To An End - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Types Of Food We Eat When Semester Is Coming To An End (4258 Views)

See This Student's Definitions Of Food Poison / 5 Type Of Food That Nigerian Student Eat More / What Semester Is Uni Ibadan In Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Types Of Food We Eat When Semester Is Coming To An End by Joshpet1(m): 3:24pm On Nov 23, 2014
I was eating a meal yesterday when I remember d time we call IGBEYIN SEMESTER (igbeyin means end ,it's actually a Yoruba word),some call it semester end time ,lots of names used in describing this time ,to mention a few.
Below are d types n methods of preparation:

1. The compound I stay off campus is endowed with bananas (d variety I don't know )
When this time we call igbeyin semester comes my roommate and I would cut a bunch of banana from d garden , peel n slice all of it to chips.
We then fry it in a hot vegetable oil.
So,what would u give kinda food ? We call it banana chips.
Its great especially when u are damn hungry.

2 . there's always much garri when semester is coming to a close or is d cheapest (students knows this)
So,we decided to give a new shot by ''inventing' another type of food just not to b taking garium sulphate all d time.
We gonna prepare stock as if we wanna cook jollof rice but at d end we pour garri in lieu of rice.cooked n cooled for sometime, cut like a cake and eat.this was d best...lolz
You could give it a try trust me u gonna like it .its called jollof garium.

3. This one is called white jollof rice .this method came to existence becos we have no more vegetable oil nor palm oil.so we cook d rice with salt n seasoning.

Lots and lots of it which I could not remember .
Sammyt95 could testify to this...

Add urs (name n method of preparation maybe that could be a panacea to somebody) lolz ...
N also d name u call this semester end in your school.
Re: Types Of Food We Eat When Semester Is Coming To An End by Thewhizzkid1(m): 3:33pm On Nov 23, 2014
U didn't mention beans?

1 Like

Re: Types Of Food We Eat When Semester Is Coming To An End by Joshpet1(m): 3:39pm On Nov 23, 2014
Thewhizzkid1:
U didn't mention beans?
beans is a rich guy's food because u would need to buy flagyl to stop u from purging..... smiley wink

1 Like

Re: Types Of Food We Eat When Semester Is Coming To An End by olagockay(m): 3:46pm On Nov 23, 2014
ROTFLMAO #jollof garium
Re: Types Of Food We Eat When Semester Is Coming To An End by Joshpet1(m): 3:54pm On Nov 23, 2014
olagockay:
ROTFLMAO #jollof garium
lolz what would u call it
Re: Types Of Food We Eat When Semester Is Coming To An End by DJMONACO(m): 3:57pm On Nov 23, 2014
wen xam reach na canteen u go see ppl dey go.Those who attempt cooking cook concoction.
Re: Types Of Food We Eat When Semester Is Coming To An End by Inkredible(m): 3:57pm On Nov 23, 2014
OTO (garrisonnuts or garri and gnuts)
Re: Types Of Food We Eat When Semester Is Coming To An End by Unekz(m): 4:06pm On Nov 23, 2014
hahahahahahahaha
Re: Types Of Food We Eat When Semester Is Coming To An End by Joshpet1(m): 4:07pm On Nov 23, 2014
DJMONACO:
wen xam reach na canteen u go see ppl dey go.Those who attempt cooking cook concoction.
students in ma school practising economics since 34BC
That money u gonna use for buying cooked food outside will be enough for 2 days at least ...especially ma foods
Re: Types Of Food We Eat When Semester Is Coming To An End by Joshpet1(m): 4:09pm On Nov 23, 2014
Inkredible:
OTO (garrisonnuts or garri and gnuts)
I started these foods just to change variety
Eating g-flakes every time oh no
Re: Types Of Food We Eat When Semester Is Coming To An End by Inkredible(m): 4:13pm On Nov 23, 2014
Joshpet1:
I started these foods just to change variety
Eating g-flakes every time oh no
grin
G-flakes is always a backup and sure P anytime, anyday....
Re: Types Of Food We Eat When Semester Is Coming To An End by Joshpet1(m): 4:13pm On Nov 23, 2014
Unekzpost=28281132:
hahahahahahahaha
it's funny n absurd but that's the only solution
Re: Types Of Food We Eat When Semester Is Coming To An End by Joshpet1(m): 4:15pm On Nov 23, 2014
Inkredible:

grin
sure
Re: Types Of Food We Eat When Semester Is Coming To An End by Inkredible(m): 4:18pm On Nov 23, 2014
Joshpet1:
sure
So it deserves a good MENTION!!!!!

Thumbs up!!! wink
Re: Types Of Food We Eat When Semester Is Coming To An End by Ruq: 4:19pm On Nov 23, 2014
You forgot confusion rice. and at times like that the only meal you get to eat is Brunchdin. That way all the food in the day is ate at once.
Re: Types Of Food We Eat When Semester Is Coming To An End by OnyeEgo1(m): 4:21pm On Nov 23, 2014
Have u tried cooking stew without tomatoe nor pepper... End of semester we no dey wash rice again.... Na so u go dey c different inventions
Re: Types Of Food We Eat When Semester Is Coming To An End by Joshpet1(m): 4:23pm On Nov 23, 2014
Ruq:
You forgot confusion rice. and at times like that the only meal you get to eat is Brunchdin. That way all the food in the day is ate at once.
wow ..Lolz .. confusion rice ? How do u cook confusion rice so I won't get confused
Re: Types Of Food We Eat When Semester Is Coming To An End by Joshpet1(m): 4:27pm On Nov 23, 2014
OnyeEgo1:
Have u tried cooking stew without tomatoe nor pepper... End of semester we no dey wash rice again.... Na so u go dey c different inventions
haha I laugh in pidgin that's no more stew
No dey wash rice ?? Great idea starch self na food
Re: Types Of Food We Eat When Semester Is Coming To An End by DJMONACO(m): 4:30pm On Nov 23, 2014
Joshpet1:
students in ma school practising economics since 34BC
That money u gonna use for buying cooked outside will be enough for 2 days at least ...especially ma foods
concoction also saves time.
Re: Types Of Food We Eat When Semester Is Coming To An End by Ruq: 4:36pm On Nov 23, 2014
Joshpet1:
wow ..Lolz .. confusion rice ? How do u cook confusion rice so I won't get confused

It's still the same concoction rice just that atimes the ingredients could come from 8 different irregular ingredient which leads to confusion.

2 Likes

Re: Types Of Food We Eat When Semester Is Coming To An End by Joshpet1(m): 4:41pm On Nov 23, 2014
Ruq:

It's still the same concoction rice just that atimes the ingredients could come from 8 different irregular ingredient which leads to confusion.
lolz
Re: Types Of Food We Eat When Semester Is Coming To An End by Nobody: 7:01pm On Nov 23, 2014
I remembered one,no dime with me,and my roomies,only left with raw rice,and #20.
We boiled the rice,and use the #20 to buy palm oil.

Rice,and plamoil,with little salt added to the palm oil to make it tasty a little..

Man don suffer.

7 Likes

Re: Types Of Food We Eat When Semester Is Coming To An End by Joshpet1(m): 7:53pm On Nov 23, 2014
Yomieluv:
I remembered one,no dime with me,and my roomies,only left with raw rice,and #20.

Rice,and plamoil,with little salt added to the palm oil to make it tasty a little..

Man don suffer.
haha I dey wonder how e go taste like
Re: Types Of Food We Eat When Semester Is Coming To An End by Nobody: 8:11pm On Nov 23, 2014
Stolen puff puff from different sellers at the market square (ihiagwa Futo).
Thank God we were never caught.

1 Like

Re: Types Of Food We Eat When Semester Is Coming To An End by Nobody: 8:17pm On Nov 23, 2014
It's the slimming period. Lol.
Re: Types Of Food We Eat When Semester Is Coming To An End by Joshpet1(m): 8:18pm On Nov 23, 2014
softysparky:
Stolen puff puff from different sellers at the market square (ihiagwa Futo).
Thank God we were never caught.
what?
U know if it were to b billions of naira I wouldn't have been shocked ..
U steal a maggi life imprisonment
U embezzle billions just pay a litre change

Thats Nigeria for u
Re: Types Of Food We Eat When Semester Is Coming To An End by queebeediva(f): 8:22pm On Nov 23, 2014
I can imagine it . As for my school will call it Agro period and guess what? Anyting can go?
Re: Types Of Food We Eat When Semester Is Coming To An End by Joshpet1(m): 8:26pm On Nov 23, 2014
queebeediva:
I can imagine it . As for my school will call it Agro period and guess what? Anyting can go?
using beans that has been cooked to point of liquefaction to take EBA .....like that
Re: Types Of Food We Eat When Semester Is Coming To An End by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 8:34pm On Nov 23, 2014
Palm oil Rice grin yeah... My end of the semester last life line.. Problem is the usual kitchen Rambo' I have as friends, they just come and lie down under heat in ur room, cracking dry jokes and bringing up stale stories to pass time just for the food to be served... So after I cook finish I go just carry pot put under bed.
Re: Types Of Food We Eat When Semester Is Coming To An End by Nobody: 8:38pm On Nov 23, 2014
Yomieluv:

Man don suffer.
grin how was it?
Ruq:

cheesy hope you guys don't end up confused after the meal?
Inkredible:

grin
Garri saving Students since 1552 cheesy
Re: Types Of Food We Eat When Semester Is Coming To An End by Vivly(f): 8:47pm On Nov 23, 2014
Nothing. We use that period to watch our weight.
Re: Types Of Food We Eat When Semester Is Coming To An End by himurax007(m): 8:53pm On Nov 23, 2014
garri ;Dgarri

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

This Fit Only Happen In 1 Naija School, Wch Sch E Fit Be? (pics) / JAMB Results Ready Check Yours / New Federal University Lafia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.