Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,817 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:08 AM

Famous Nigerian Women Who Prefer Their Natural Hair To Brazilian Hair (Photos) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Famous Nigerian Women Who Prefer Their Natural Hair To Brazilian Hair (Photos) (80998 Views)

Checkout Toke Makinwa's Natural Hair (photos) / Moet Abebe Steps Out In Grey Hair (photos) / Rachael Okonkwo Scrapes Off Her Hair (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Famous Nigerian Women Who Prefer Their Natural Hair To Brazilian Hair (Photos) by lalasticlala(m): 4:37pm On Nov 23, 2014
FAMOUS NIGERIAN WOMEN WHO WEAR LOW HAIR CUT

At a time when artificial hair like Brazilian hair and the likes are the in thing, these Nigerian women chose to retain their natural hair as they seem not to like artificial hair.

1 OBY EZEKWESILI :
The erstwhile minister of Education, Oby Ezekwesili, has maintained her natural hair via low cut as she doesn't fancy artificial hair. She rocked low cut all through the duration of her tenure as a minister and she's still rocking it years after the expiration of her tenure. Low cut is obviously her signature hair style.

2 ONYEKA ONWENU :
The Elegant Stallion has been carrying her natural hair for several years. She has always been wearing low cut right from her youthful age till date.

Onyeka spoke about her low cut in an interview :

*For how long have you been keeping this low cut?

"For as long as I can remember. Occasionally, you will see me wear hair extensions, but don't last. When I look at women who take the pain to make their hair I appreciate them. The luxury I have every time I wake up is that I can always pour water on my hair and that is a wonderful experience. Because of my very demanding schedule, I developed a simple routine. I do walking on one spot in my bedroom in front of my mirror, so I can see all the places I need to work on. I also do stretch exercises for about twenty minutes everyday . I wear low cut, I have no hassle of going to the salon to make my hair, I just wash it and cream it. I also believe in having my inner peace at all times. Even if you're stressed, because weall are, in this environment, there should be that inner peace that what you're doing is to the glory of God."

3 CHIDINMA :

The petite and pretty singer is often spotted wearing low cut and she looks good with short hair. She's not a fan of Brazilian hair.

Chidinma spoke about her hair style :"I just decided to do that. I just tried to be different. I didn’t have an idea of what I wanted to do, but decided to wear a low cut. I was wearing a red punk, at some point, it was wine colour Mohawk. Then I wanted to do a photo shoot; I was looking at the mirror and felt the hairstyle would not blend well with my brand of music. I told the barber to cut it off. The low cut looks really nice to me; I never knew it was going to be that nice because it was just a try. Later, I added jerry curls to it."

4 KATHERINE OBIANG :
The estranged wife of Frank Edoho, Katherine, is more comfortable wearing low cut. She was already wearing low cut when she started presenting A.M Express then on NTA. The former NTA presenter told The Nation why she prefers her natural hair, low cut :

**Why do you wear low cut?

"I’ve had hair o, I’ve grown hair, but at a point, I got tired. I have done the weaves, the Ghana weaves, braids, what else is there? So I wonder what is there next to do, let me just cut my hair. And then you go to salon, and people come touch your hair, and are like ‘madam, this hair is too full o’.And the way you are treated in salons, if you don’t know someone in the salon, you are relegated and delayed, and nobody wants to touch your hair. But I say ‘you know what? It’s my hair, it’s my money, and somehow I came down here’. Aside that, it is comfortable and manageable, except when I have roles in movies, then I wear wigs. Basically, I like this.."

5 SHAN GEORGE :
Shan has stuck to wearing low hair-cut. The controversial actress has natural curly hair and prefers to cut her hair shot. She neither prefers long hair nor artificial hair.

6 TOYIN ADEGBOLA :
The Yoruba actress has been rocking low cut for long. She spoke about her signature hair style sometime ago in an interview :

"I started adorning this low-cut 13 years ago, that was in 2000 just as a sign of respect for my late husband. Later I wanted to change by plaiting my hair but my fans said I should leave it. So since then, It have been on low cuts."

7 DOMINIQUE OPUTA :
The daughter of the Area Fada, Charly Boy, loves wearing her natural hair, a times she cuts it so low but would still look good. If many women were like her, those that sell Brazilian hair and other stuff like that would have gone hungry.

8 NGOZI OKONJO IWEALA :
The finance minister prefers her natural hair to artificial hair. She always covers her hair, but if by mistake you spot her with her hair uncovered, you cannot sight any artificial hair on her.

9 CECILIA IBRU:
The former Oceanic Bank boss prefers her natural hair to any artificial hair.

10 UGOCHI DESIRE OPARANOZIE :

When it comes to Nigerian women's football, 21-year-old Super Falcons striker, Ugochi Desire Oparanozie is a force to be reckoned with. The beautiful young woman prefers her natural her. She prefers to be on low cut.

11 OSINACHI OHALE:
The 23 year old Defender prefers to rock her natural hair. She looks good on low cut.

12 MODUPE DEBBIE ARIYO :
Modupe Debbie Ariyo is the Founder and Executive Director of Africa United Against Child Abuse (AFRUCA), an organisation that fights against child abuse in Nigeria and the United Kingdom. She was honoured by Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II, with a Member of the British Empire (OBE).

In an interview, she talked about her love for her natural hair and why she detests artificial hair :

*You wear low cut hair. How long have you been wearing this look?

"I love the natural look and I have had my hair short since 1992. Prior to that, I had long, permed hair but most people who knew me since 1992 do not believe that! I love that I don’t have to put chemicals of any sort in my hair – and I detest wearing anything fake, be it Brazilian or Indian. So I wear my hair short because I like the natural look. It is also easier to manage, and for someone always on the move, it is ideal! Some people say it suits me, so that’s equally fine."

BY: lalasticlala

Who rocks the natural hair best?

19 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Famous Nigerian Women Who Prefer Their Natural Hair To Brazilian Hair (Photos) by Romanciella(f): 4:38pm On Nov 23, 2014
hmm
Re: Famous Nigerian Women Who Prefer Their Natural Hair To Brazilian Hair (Photos) by lalasticlala(m): 4:38pm On Nov 23, 2014
Oby Ezekwesili

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Famous Nigerian Women Who Prefer Their Natural Hair To Brazilian Hair (Photos) by xandyE(f): 4:39pm On Nov 23, 2014
It looks good on all of them but I love it more on Chidinma

5 Likes

Re: Famous Nigerian Women Who Prefer Their Natural Hair To Brazilian Hair (Photos) by lalasticlala(m): 4:40pm On Nov 23, 2014
Onyeka onwenu

83 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Famous Nigerian Women Who Prefer Their Natural Hair To Brazilian Hair (Photos) by lalasticlala(m): 4:41pm On Nov 23, 2014
Chidinma

78 Likes

Re: Famous Nigerian Women Who Prefer Their Natural Hair To Brazilian Hair (Photos) by lalasticlala(m): 4:42pm On Nov 23, 2014
Katherine Obiang

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Famous Nigerian Women Who Prefer Their Natural Hair To Brazilian Hair (Photos) by Nobody: 4:42pm On Nov 23, 2014
Am sure this will make fp grin

MODIFIED: dey all luk gr8, hmmmmm i jxt wonder why most girls go 4 lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Famous Nigerian Women Who Prefer Their Natural Hair To Brazilian Hair (Photos) by lalasticlala(m): 4:44pm On Nov 23, 2014
Shan George

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Famous Nigerian Women Who Prefer Their Natural Hair To Brazilian Hair (Photos) by Nobody: 4:44pm On Nov 23, 2014
People should go for what suits them best and not what is in vogue.

9 Likes

Re: Famous Nigerian Women Who Prefer Their Natural Hair To Brazilian Hair (Photos) by lalasticlala(m): 4:45pm On Nov 23, 2014
Toyin adegbola

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Famous Nigerian Women Who Prefer Their Natural Hair To Brazilian Hair (Photos) by asodeboyede(m): 4:46pm On Nov 23, 2014
What shall it profit a woman to have brazilian hair and still go praying for husband when she is already carrying a nation!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Famous Nigerian Women Who Prefer Their Natural Hair To Brazilian Hair (Photos) by lalasticlala(m): 4:46pm On Nov 23, 2014
Dominique Oputa

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Famous Nigerian Women Who Prefer Their Natural Hair To Brazilian Hair (Photos) by lalasticlala(m): 4:47pm On Nov 23, 2014
Ngozi okonjo iweala

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Famous Nigerian Women Who Prefer Their Natural Hair To Brazilian Hair (Photos) by lalasticlala(m): 4:49pm On Nov 23, 2014
Cecilia Ibru

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Famous Nigerian Women Who Prefer Their Natural Hair To Brazilian Hair (Photos) by Nobody: 4:50pm On Nov 23, 2014
Don't get it twisted,Natural beauty is the best!
Pls quote me in case those stupid niggas from France gets here

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Famous Nigerian Women Who Prefer Their Natural Hair To Brazilian Hair (Photos) by lalasticlala(m): 4:50pm On Nov 23, 2014
UGOCHI DESIRE OPARANOZIE :

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Famous Nigerian Women Who Prefer Their Natural Hair To Brazilian Hair (Photos) by Nobody: 4:51pm On Nov 23, 2014
Katherine Obiang, why is she dark skinned? Can't she bleach? grin

Dominic Oputa, her yansh is as flat as my bathroom slippers. I hate it when flat girls try to show off. angry

15 Likes

Re: Famous Nigerian Women Who Prefer Their Natural Hair To Brazilian Hair (Photos) by lalasticlala(m): 4:51pm On Nov 23, 2014
Osinachi Ohale

10 Likes

Re: Famous Nigerian Women Who Prefer Their Natural Hair To Brazilian Hair (Photos) by lalasticlala(m): 4:52pm On Nov 23, 2014
MODUPE DEBBIE ARIYO :

27 Likes

Re: Famous Nigerian Women Who Prefer Their Natural Hair To Brazilian Hair (Photos) by Nobody: 4:53pm On Nov 23, 2014
This Okonjo Woman is blessed with the face of an ajo(thrift) collector lipsrsealed grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Famous Nigerian Women Who Prefer Their Natural Hair To Brazilian Hair (Photos) by lalasticlala(m): 4:54pm On Nov 23, 2014
I'm not really a fan of women who cut their hair, I prefer natural long hair or artificial hair. Lol

But it actually fits Chidinma & onyeka, not forgetting the beautiful Katherine Obiang

7 Likes

Re: Famous Nigerian Women Who Prefer Their Natural Hair To Brazilian Hair (Photos) by Mayydayy(m): 4:58pm On Nov 23, 2014
Proud of my mothers and sisters.God blss them for this gesture.

2 Likes

Re: Famous Nigerian Women Who Prefer Their Natural Hair To Brazilian Hair (Photos) by ifyalways(f): 5:00pm On Nov 23, 2014
Chidinma, Onyeka and Modupe kiss

3 Likes

Re: Famous Nigerian Women Who Prefer Their Natural Hair To Brazilian Hair (Photos) by Nobody: 5:03pm On Nov 23, 2014
lalasticlala:
Katherine Obiang
Is she not Frank Edoho's ex-wife?

1 Like

Re: Famous Nigerian Women Who Prefer Their Natural Hair To Brazilian Hair (Photos) by lalasticlala(m): 5:11pm On Nov 23, 2014
berem:
Is she not Frank Edoho's ex-wife?

Ya. U r on point.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Famous Nigerian Women Who Prefer Their Natural Hair To Brazilian Hair (Photos) by Nobody: 5:21pm On Nov 23, 2014
Nobody with natural long hair? undecided

6 Likes

Re: Famous Nigerian Women Who Prefer Their Natural Hair To Brazilian Hair (Photos) by Romanciella(f): 5:26pm On Nov 23, 2014
Olekumaster:
Don't get it twisted,Natural beauty is the best!
Pls quote me in case those stupid niggas from France gets here
i fvcking hate them fake nigars

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Famous Nigerian Women Who Prefer Their Natural Hair To Brazilian Hair (Photos) by hugelyendowed: 5:37pm On Nov 23, 2014
Oh my gush! Løok at thoze gigantic erecttt tipz on katherine obiang 1st pic . Nawa o. Wonda wat got ha excited

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Famous Nigerian Women Who Prefer Their Natural Hair To Brazilian Hair (Photos) by kelechiMarie(f): 6:07pm On Nov 23, 2014
Natural hair rocks
Re: Famous Nigerian Women Who Prefer Their Natural Hair To Brazilian Hair (Photos) by davidmoyes(m): 6:11pm On Nov 23, 2014
Veralaw:
This Okonjo Woman is blessed with the face of an ajo(thrift) collector lipsrsealed grin
Lol.. Banter!!!!!
Re: Famous Nigerian Women Who Prefer Their Natural Hair To Brazilian Hair (Photos) by kelechiMarie(f): 6:13pm On Nov 23, 2014
rokiatu:
Nobody with natural long hair? undecided
was thinking d same but i think chimamanda and ty bello have but i don't av a pic

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Shows Off Her Backside In New Photos / Gao Liu's Nose Tip Dies After Botched Plastic Surgery (Photos) / I Am Proud Of My Bow Legs - Annie Idibia Silences A Body-Shamer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.