Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,341 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:35 AM

10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down (47676 Views)

When You Decide To Pay Your Girlfriend A Surprise Visit In School / When You Meet Her In Person And Realise Her IG Pix Was Photoshopped / Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by Nobody: 6:37pm On Nov 23, 2014
For the Guys...

10 THINGS YOU LL REALISE ONCE YOU DECIDE TO SETTLE
DOWN

1). #500 na money

2). Swags, looks and Americana accents don't pay bills. No more need to pretend you have money when you don't. You Have To Have It !!!

3). Love is not all and only thing to consider in choosing a wife, contrary to what we thought.

4). In life, what matters is WHO KNOWS YOU and not, WHOM YOU KNOW.

5). Nothing compares to saving good money in the bank.

6). A lady's beauty is in her brains.

7). Relax!... Having Sex would finally be a 'job' that you ll one day be running away from.

8 ) Girls are plenty but wives are scarce.

9). Acting to impress a girlfriend is as useless as the 'ueue' in 'Queue'.

10). That you need God like never before.

833 Likes 129 Shares

Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by trendiitee(f): 6:40pm On Nov 23, 2014
although I'm not a guy, I just love dat write up.
dose words re words of wisdom.

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by adonbilivit: 6:41pm On Nov 23, 2014
11. you notice it is only someone that is ready to settle down that can come up with this list...#500 na ordinary paper before?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by Princecalm(m): 6:46pm On Nov 23, 2014
Romantic gestures automatically end.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by Nobody: 6:47pm On Nov 23, 2014
trendiitee:
although I'm not a guy, I just love dat write up.
dose words re words of wisdom.
Gracia smiley
adonbilivit:
11. you notice it is only someone that is ready for marriage that can come up with this list...#500 na ordinary paper before?
Lol
I mean u realise its big money
Sometimes we tend to spend unnecessarily just because "no b only N500??"

22 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by marieolae(f): 6:47pm On Nov 23, 2014
best write up of the year.

*modified*

This thread finally made fp
Congrats
grin grin

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by Nobody: 6:49pm On Nov 23, 2014
I was here

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by Nobody: 6:51pm On Nov 23, 2014
AgapeCharis:

7). Relax!... Having Sex would finally be a 'job' that you ll one day be running away from.
cheesy

If you schooled in france you'll understand this

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by Nobody: 6:59pm On Nov 23, 2014
marieolae:
best write up of the year.
embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by Nobody: 7:00pm On Nov 23, 2014
Suley316:

cheesy

If you schooled in france you'll understand this
Lol

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by saxwizard(m): 7:05pm On Nov 23, 2014
En en..,...

is it compulsory 2settle down?

Incase
Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by Nobody: 7:18pm On Nov 23, 2014
Truth. Marriage in the long run is not only about what we call love. It is all about commitment. And if we choose to call it love, then love is a commitment THAT HAS(emphasis intended) to be watered with trust, communication and passion....
Op, i concur with you

12 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by Nobody: 7:30pm On Nov 23, 2014
Samakinr:
Truth. Marriage in the long run is not only about what we call love. It is all about commitment. And if we choose to call it love, then love is a commitment that has to be watered with trust, communication and passion...
Op, i concur with you
hmmm
Nice one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by Nobody: 7:36pm On Nov 23, 2014
saxwizard:
En en..,...

is it compulsory 2settle down?

Incase
is it good jumping from pillar to post?? cheesy

6 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by fumexicy: 7:40pm On Nov 23, 2014
@op Well said
Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by gsainttrinity(m): 7:49pm On Nov 23, 2014
Talking from experience all the Op wrote there is 100 percent correct.

Life is too real to fake it . . .gsainttrinity 1953

I school in chibok

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by teewai3(m): 7:57pm On Nov 23, 2014
nice one bro!!

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by Nobody: 7:58pm On Nov 23, 2014
AgapeCharis:
For the Guys...

2). Swags, looks and Americana accents don't pay bills. No more need to pretend you have money when you don't. You Have To Have It !
So true. Every right thinking lady ought to settle for stability. 'Cause Swags won't put food on the table or pay the bills tomorrow.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by Nobody: 8:48pm On Nov 23, 2014
God bless dis op.

More mb to ur phone.

25 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by solomonbrown64: 9:04pm On Nov 23, 2014
....Lol..."#500" na money.....no more packaging!

3 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by saxwizard(m): 9:08pm On Nov 23, 2014
AgapeCharis:
is it good jumping from pillar to post?? cheesy
Nigerians answering questn wit question since 1BC

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by Zico0(m): 9:21pm On Nov 23, 2014
AgapeCharis:
For the Guys...

10 THINGS YOU LL REALISE ONCE YOU DECIDE TO SETTLE
DOWN

1). #500 na money

2). Swags, looks and Americana accents don't pay bills. No more need to pretend you have money when you don't. You Have To Have It !!!

3). Love is not all and only thing to consider in choosing a wife, contrary to what we thought.

4). In life, what matters is WHO KNOWS YOU and not, WHOM YOU KNOW.

5). Nothing compares to saving good money in the bank.

6). A lady's beauty is in her brains.

cool. Girls are plenty but wife is scarce.

9). Acting to impress a girlfriend is as useless as the 'ueue' in 'Queue'.

10). That you need God like never before.

I don't like this post and because i feel since we don't say the truth it'll be a social problem. The Nigerian society is upside down and i feel it's because we hide the truth of reality.

First, because you pray, go to church and believe in God dosen't make you the better person. The better person is that one who make things work. If you have 'americana' accent and it's real, why don't you strive for Hollywood. For example, there's aisha tyler, estelle, oshinua whatever and one other black guy in Lost, there are two black dudes in 24hrs S07 etc. Does anyone think it's impossible? Hmmn! Planes fly, don't they?

Second, In life, what matters is what good you bring. Are you a asset or liability?, ultimately, it boils down to who's hungrier; ultimately, it boils down to science: knowledge, skill and information; ultimately, meritocracy apportions opportunities: if an executive will only outsource contracts based on friendship, then he does so at his own peril.

#500 no be money! Nigerians will go into an endeavour without careful consideration of the estimates. It's past time we became civilised. In every endeavour there's a standard and if you cannot make the standard, that activity is not for you. That's why we like to beg; abeg abeg abeg. The value is not the money, the value is the good or service. What's that thing your good at or can assist others through?, you have to make it useful to another person. Adam Smith said "...man has almost constant occasion for the help of his brethen, and it is in vain to expect it from there benevolence only. He will be more likely to prevail if he can interest ther self love in his favour, and shew them that it is for their own advantage to do for him what he requires of them... Nobody but a beggar chooses to depend chiefly upon the benevolence of his fellow-citizen..."

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by Nobody: 9:46pm On Nov 23, 2014
MizAusta:
So true. Every right thinking lady ought to settle for stability. 'Cause Swags won't put food on the table or pay the bills tomorrow.
yh
Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by Nobody: 9:47pm On Nov 23, 2014
mizzkeji44:
God bless dis op.

More mb to ur phone.
cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by Nobody: 9:49pm On Nov 23, 2014
saxwizard:

Nigerians answering questn wit question since 1BC
Lol
Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by Hazardd(m): 9:55pm On Nov 23, 2014
Interesting post dear

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by tayoxx(m): 10:04pm On Nov 23, 2014
sorry in France we don't settle down
Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by tosyne2much(m): 10:04pm On Nov 23, 2014
What a captivating post

Welcome to the league of TOP 10 things grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by ChiLaHot(f): 10:06pm On Nov 23, 2014
Fantastic post

3 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by Nobody: 10:08pm On Nov 23, 2014
choi...
Bobo before my wedding I come stingy die!

Once I see careless N1000, I would reason a dozen of table water for my guest(s).
This "stinginess" lasted through out the first year o... grin

17 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by dstnd: 10:47pm On Nov 23, 2014
Nice sir

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by Blankstare(m): 1:20am On Nov 24, 2014
I am not married but i know all this stuff, how come?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Beautiful Lady Who Almost Committed Suicide Shares Hot Photos / Police Inspector Dies During Sex With A Widow In Ibadan Hotel / Lady Kneels Down As Her Man Proposes To Her (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.