Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,811 members, 7,806,280 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:57 PM

10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down (47671 Views)

When You Decide To Pay Your Girlfriend A Surprise Visit In School / When You Meet Her In Person And Realise Her IG Pix Was Photoshopped / Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by ibknaanii(m): 10:40pm On Mar 03, 2015
C what one lady sent to my friend 2day
Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by mikron(m): 10:45pm On Mar 03, 2015
forgetting ur spouses birthday date is tantamount to commiting murder
Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by mikron(m): 10:47pm On Mar 03, 2015
over correct dey worry ur writeup, well done @OP.
Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by OdaNobunaga(m): 10:49pm On Mar 03, 2015
Number 3 needs clearification, because for me, love is everything.
Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by Nobody: 10:49pm On Mar 03, 2015
Herzumpther:
AgapeChris just got Nl guys shaking. grin
grin grin
Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by xest(m): 11:21pm On Mar 03, 2015
trendiitee:
although I'm not a guy, I just love dat write up.
dose words re words of wisdom.
hi sup,i like you. Call 07028109881
Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by blakky97(m): 11:24pm On Mar 03, 2015
martineverest:
Just hope u ll get married someday and be a great dat and husband....its no easy tho
hahahahaha. I pray too. I know its not easy.
Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by VivaLaFrans: 11:28pm On Mar 03, 2015
AgapeCharis:
For the Guys...

10 THINGS YOU LL REALISE ONCE YOU DECIDE TO SETTLE
DOWN

1). #500 na money

2). Swags, looks and Americana accents don't pay bills. No more need to pretend you have money when you don't. You Have To Have It !!!

3). Love is not all and only thing to consider in choosing a wife, contrary to what we thought.

4). In life, what matters is WHO KNOWS YOU and not, WHOM YOU KNOW.

5). Nothing compares to saving good money in the bank.

6). A lady's beauty is in her brains.

7). Relax!... Having Sex would finally be a 'job' that you ll one day be running away from.

8 ) Girls are plenty but wives are scarce.

9). Acting to impress a girlfriend is as useless as the 'ueue' in 'Queue'.

10). That you need God like never before.
This is absolutely correct. Experience is the best teacher....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by Pamcrest(f): 11:40pm On Mar 03, 2015
AgapeCharis:
Very true smiley

Talking from experience?

Decades of experience wink
Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by martineverest(m): 11:42pm On Mar 03, 2015
Its only playas dat re scared of marriage
blakky97:

hahahahaha. I pray too. I know its not easy.
Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by mtprofessor5(m): 11:51pm On Mar 03, 2015
I discovered all these when I decided to stay on my own

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by amokeme(f): 12:17am On Mar 04, 2015
some men don't really understand that number 8...
Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by Abraham2013(m): 12:25am On Mar 04, 2015
Blankstare:
I am not married but i know all this stuff, how come?
Dat is b/cos u r a manchelor not bachelor. Do go marry.
Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by Nobody: 3:14am On Mar 04, 2015
Pamcrest:

Decades of experience wink
wow! Nice smiley
Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by DuchessLily(f): 3:35am On Mar 04, 2015
I love dis write up

Especially number 10. But most married men don't knw it... Or choose not to knw it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by adeoye201: 3:36am On Mar 04, 2015
@kachisbarbie.lol. na every post you dey talk about your wedding. E be like say the thing sweet u die grin
Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by Yommykixz(m): 4:06am On Mar 04, 2015
Zico0:

I don't like this post and because i feel since we don't say the truth it'll be a social problem. The Nigerian society is upside down and i feel it's because we hide the truth of reality.

First, because you pray, go to church and believe in God dosen't make you the better person. The better person is that one who make things work. If you have 'americana' accent and it's real, why don't you strive for Hollywood. For example, there's aisha tyler, estelle, oshinua whatever and one other black guy in Lost, there are two black dudes in 24hrs S07 etc. Does anyone think it's impossible? Hmmn! Planes fly, don't they?

Second, In life, what matters is what good you bring. Are you a asset or liability?, ultimately, it boils down to who's hungrier; ultimately, it boils down to science: knowledge, skill and information; ultimately, meritocracy apportions opportunities: if an executive will only outsource contracts based on friendship, then he does so at his own peril.

#500 no be money! Nigerians will go into an endeavour without careful consideration of the estimates. It's past time we became civilised. In every endeavour there's a standard and if you cannot make the standard, that activity is not for you. That's why we like to beg; abeg abeg abeg. The value is not the money, the value is the good or service. What's that thing your good at or can assist others through?, you have to make it useful to another person. Adam Smith said "...man has almost constant occasion for the help of his brethen, and it is in vain to expect it from there benevolence only. He will be more likely to prevail if he can interest ther self love in his favour, and shew them that it is for their own advantage to do for him what he requires of them... Nobody but a beggar chooses to depend chiefly upon the benevolence of his fellow-citizen..."

uncle! all these book things don't work in real life o.

most of the logics are not applicable in this country where 1+1 is not equal to 2.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by DePrynCe: 4:59am On Mar 04, 2015
Nice 1 there OP. 12: u will also realise that,it's a period 'guys' experienced brain tumoil as they will try to figure-out who'll be their right 1. Also, 13: They shud realise that,it's a session where u shud be ready to be controlled by another-wify. Finally,for now. 14: Guys should also realise that,you would be 'living' with this person if not for the rest of their life,it will be for de greater part of their lives so,let's 'shine our eyes' on realizing these.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by Sike(m): 5:20am On Mar 04, 2015
Wow! So true

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by marshal4us(m): 6:21am On Mar 04, 2015
Zico0:

I don't like this post and because i feel since we don't say the truth it'll be a social problem. The Nigerian society is upside down and i feel it's because we hide the truth of reality.

First, because you pray, go to church and believe in God dosen't make you the better person. The better person is that one who make things work. If you have 'americana' accent and it's real, why don't you strive for Hollywood. For example, there's aisha tyler, estelle, oshinua whatever and one other black guy in Lost, there are two black dudes in 24hrs S07 etc. Does anyone think it's impossible? Hmmn! Planes fly, don't they?

Second, In life, what matters is what good you bring. Are you a asset or liability?, ultimately, it boils down to who's hungrier; ultimately, it boils down to science: knowledge, skill and information; ultimately, meritocracy apportions opportunities: if an executive will only outsource contracts based on friendship, then he does so at his own peril.

#500 no be money! Nigerians will go into an endeavour without careful consideration of the estimates. It's past time we became civilised. In every endeavour there's a standard and if you cannot make the standard, that activity is not for you. That's why we like to beg; abeg abeg abeg. The value is not the money, the value is the good or service. What's that thing your good at or can assist others through?, you have to make it useful to another person. Adam Smith said "...man has almost constant occasion for the help of his brethen, and it is in vain to expect it from there benevolence only. He will be more likely to prevail if he can interest ther self love in his favour, and shew them that it is for their own advantage to do for him what he requires of them... Nobody but a beggar chooses to depend chiefly upon the benevolence of his fellow-citizen..."
Pls repeat!
Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by coolest01(m): 6:21am On Mar 04, 2015
These words struck chords in my bone marrow

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by oshaosha2014(m): 6:58am On Mar 04, 2015
AgapeCharis:
For the Guys...

DOWN

1). #500 na money

2). Swags, looks and Americana accents don't pay bills. No more need to pretend you have money when you don't. You Have To Have It !!!

3). Love is not all and only thing to consider in choosing a wife, contrary to what we thought.

7). Relax!... Having Sex would finally be a 'job' that you ll one day be running away from.

Perfect piece. They say marriage is an eye-opener. But some still go in blind sha.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by Nobody: 7:06am On Mar 04, 2015
coolest01:
These words struck chords in my bone marrow
smiley
Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by oshaosha2014(m): 7:10am On Mar 04, 2015
Zico0:

Enjoyed reading from your perspective. But all societies are not the same, and I don't think one is better than the other. The problem here is that some societies esp African societies have advanced inferiority complex. What the OP listed is true and true for the Nigerian society that I know. That is what prevails here. And I won't say the American way of life is better. We all make up the world. Again, I enjoyed reading from your perspective, thanks.
Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by oshaosha2014(m): 7:23am On Mar 04, 2015
ibktohmakesense:
love is nt all I should b looking out for according to one of ur point, so wat re those other things to b on the look out for

Use your discretion. Make sure you love this person but at the end of the day, make sure the reason you want to stay with this person for the rest of your life is after you must have used your head not ur emotions.
Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by Princecalm(m): 7:46am On Mar 04, 2015
bukatyne:

You can make yours different wink
that is for sure.
Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by Nobody: 8:01am On Mar 04, 2015
Nice write up...

Marriage is not child's play,its not just about "i love you" and all the romantic stories we hear, watch and read, its the real thing.

It is about two different people coming to stay together, irrespective of how long they have been together before marriage.

It is about two people who make a commitment to live together in peace , love and understanding..
Some days there wont be money, some days there wont be romance, some days having sex is a really big job grin ( for real!!) , some days there will be serious misunderstanding ,, all these are the test of marriage which is not meant for faint hearted / fake people.( Wch is why only fake people who cannot stand the test run away ..).

Marriage is beautiful, if you are true to yourselves, no matter the challenges,misunderstanding , your ability to overcome and say sorry irrespective of who is wrong , your decision to love your partner no matter what, look out for the best in him/for him, show love and care ...above all , a commitment to make it work ....that is what makes it work.

Marriage is not book learned , u learn while in it and with God's grace it gets better.

If you are looking for a perfect marriage, think twice ( the make ups after quarells somewhat revives the love again, so it is an essential part ).

Marriage is peace, love, God grace and joy... it is indeed beautiful
Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by JoeCutie(m): 8:23am On Mar 04, 2015
AgapeCharis:
For the Guys...

DOWN

1). #500 na money

Gbam!!!
AgapeCharis locuta est, causa finita est. smiley

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by Kingsasian(m): 8:33am On Mar 04, 2015
true. i am experiencing the same
smiley
Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by Nobody: 8:40am On Mar 04, 2015
JoeCutie:

Gbam!!!
AgapeCharis locuta est, causa finita est. smiley
Translation please smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by Nobody: 8:45am On Mar 04, 2015
Nice points you have there @strenghtofawoman

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Beautiful Lady Who Almost Committed Suicide Shares Hot Photos / Police Inspector Dies During Sex With A Widow In Ibadan Hotel / Lady Kneels Down As Her Man Proposes To Her (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.