Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,728 members, 7,802,196 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

Amaechi Pays N800 Million Per Term To Indians To Train 750 Secondary School Kids - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Amaechi Pays N800 Million Per Term To Indians To Train 750 Secondary School Kids (40070 Views)

Secondary School Girl Brings Her Entire Family To Beat Up Her Teacher / Pls How Much Is Federal Government College School Fees (SS1) - Per Term / Unilorin Per-term Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi Pays N800 Million Per Term To Indians To Train 750 Secondary School Kids by jazzydee: 3:41pm On Nov 24, 2014
kel4soft:

Are you saying the 800million is outrageous for the school?

your oga amaechi has let rivers state down, him don fall hand here well well. N800m for 750 rivers secondary school kids while abandoning all the kids in the remaining 266 secondry schools in the state.
Re: Amaechi Pays N800 Million Per Term To Indians To Train 750 Secondary School Kids by Nobody: 3:46pm On Nov 24, 2014
jazzydee:
Fast forward video to 11:05 for the N800m claim, And hear amaechi tell it in his own words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fuIa-1Ynec
...with this type of extravagance spending from the APC,GEJ had better won a 2nd term...
Re: Amaechi Pays N800 Million Per Term To Indians To Train 750 Secondary School Kids by kel4soft: 3:58pm On Nov 24, 2014
jazzydee:

your oga amaechi has let rivers state down, him don fall hand here well well. N800m for 750 rivers secondary school kids while abandoning all the kids in the remaining 266 secondry schools in the state.

Do you know the meaning of Scholarship? Is it for everybody?
Re: Amaechi Pays N800 Million Per Term To Indians To Train 750 Secondary School Kids by kel4soft: 4:00pm On Nov 24, 2014
jazzydee:

let me correct you according to amaechi on the video on pg 1 the school admits 1050 students out of which 750 are rivers state indigenes and the balance is supplied by the neighbouring state and all states in the federation.

no one is twisting Amaechis record here, Am just quoting him verbatim from the video. listen to the interview before you jump in.

You twisted facts by saying the 800million is per term instead of session. Three terms make up a session and that is where you twisted it.
Re: Amaechi Pays N800 Million Per Term To Indians To Train 750 Secondary School Kids by Reference(m): 4:44pm On Nov 24, 2014
This is what I'm talking about. It is not enough for the PDP to bask in power but to begin to develop the spears and shields of opposition 'when' and not 'if' they lose power.
Re: Amaechi Pays N800 Million Per Term To Indians To Train 750 Secondary School Kids by lohresloco: 5:03pm On Nov 24, 2014
When I was saying amaechi is an ignorant arrogant land siezer/thief, who has blindsided rivers people with this his squabble with Jonathan, everybody thought I was kidding. Now skeletons are coming outta the closet. Look it's getting to the time we stop voting in parties and start voting in individuals for who they truly are. This APC / PDP option is not good enough for us . have you lived in Port Harcourt lately? That dude is destroying the town even worse than Odili did. And anybody comparing amaechi to akpabio needs his senses checked. Amaechi is far more of an idiot.
Re: Amaechi Pays N800 Million Per Term To Indians To Train 750 Secondary School Kids by bigtt76(f): 5:36pm On Nov 24, 2014
Hahaha see person we de form holy governor grin
Re: Amaechi Pays N800 Million Per Term To Indians To Train 750 Secondary School Kids by Unemadu: 5:51pm On Nov 24, 2014
now he says he doesnt have money. Imagine
Re: Amaechi Pays N800 Million Per Term To Indians To Train 750 Secondary School Kids by bams2999(m): 6:08pm On Nov 24, 2014
yes, lion Nigeria sai amaechi IN SHA ALLAH
Re: Amaechi Pays N800 Million Per Term To Indians To Train 750 Secondary School Kids by jazzydee: 6:38pm On Nov 24, 2014
kel4soft:

Do you know the meaning of Scholarship? Is it for everybody?

Are the 750 secondary school kids on scholarship? grin grin grin grin is amaechi only secondary school for scholars? then it means that the 266 abandoned secondary schools in rivers state if full of non-scholastic students! own up to the truth and call out your dear governor on this one! he has dropped the ball bigtime on this issue, and there is no denying it.
Re: Amaechi Pays N800 Million Per Term To Indians To Train 750 Secondary School Kids by phantom(m): 6:46pm On Nov 24, 2014
jazzydee:

you are trying to reduce these to a picture posting contest rather than argue the salient points that Amaechi and fashola has failed Nigerians with their performance in education,

You cant derail these thread we will focus on the issue, not all of us are good in propaganda like you, we dont all know how to photoshop and post 1 image in 1000 angles- thats your area of specialty, but it will not help you here.
the bolded is funny. bros abeg no vex o, please show us just a classroom(NOT A SCHOOL O!) built by akpabio. just one! abeg! okay scratch that. show us JUST A BLACKBOARD in akwaibom. thanks grin grin grin grin
Re: Amaechi Pays N800 Million Per Term To Indians To Train 750 Secondary School Kids by phantom(m): 6:54pm On Nov 24, 2014
jazzydee:

I will leave the photshopping of picture and posting of 1 secondary school in 1000 angles to you aresa you are the master in propaganda pictures afterall that what you do for a living for APC with your several monikers aresa aka eko ile aka phantom aka barcanista etc those are all your handles that u use in posting Amaechi 1 seconday school in 1000 angles on nairaland and fasholas 3 secondary school in 3000 different angles on nairaland to confuse the gullible.

On days like this the truth comes out when Amaechi confesses that he has only built 1 secondary school in 7.5yrs and destroys you picture propaganda that took you years and lots of man hours to build. grin grin grin grin grin

its official! the bolded has shown you to be quite unintelligent undecided undecided undecided
Re: Amaechi Pays N800 Million Per Term To Indians To Train 750 Secondary School Kids by jazzydee: 6:56pm On Nov 24, 2014
phantom:

its official! the bolded has shown you to be quite unintelligent undecided undecided undecided

You are late to the party, phantom AKA Aresa AKA ekoile etc grin grin grin grin grin
How is APC lagos?
Re: Amaechi Pays N800 Million Per Term To Indians To Train 750 Secondary School Kids by phantom(m): 6:57pm On Nov 24, 2014
Gboliwe:

Question should be "where are the functional primary health centres". These are beautifully painted from the outside as I have never seen one of them open to know what goes on inside. The concept would have been "bamm" if these primary healthcentres were thriving but they are not. All the noise is on paper, nothing on ground.

my agents wife had her baby at rumuigbo health center.
my cousins kids were all vaccinated at elekahia health center.
i pass the ozuoba health center everyday on my way to work,and the crowd of patients there is scary.

please,choose a day and visit one the centers.take pictures and show us to prove those health centers are dead.
Re: Amaechi Pays N800 Million Per Term To Indians To Train 750 Secondary School Kids by phantom(m): 6:58pm On Nov 24, 2014
jazzydee:

You are late to the party, phantom AKA Aresa AKA ekoile etc grin grin grin grin grin
How is APC lagos?
infact i ll do you one better. please show us any blackboard in akwaibom and cross rivers state PUT TOGETHER! grin grin grin
Re: Amaechi Pays N800 Million Per Term To Indians To Train 750 Secondary School Kids by jazzydee: 6:59pm On Nov 24, 2014
phantom:

i pass the ozuoba health center everyday on my way to work,and the crowd of patients there is scary.

please,choose a day and visit one the centers.take pictures and show us to prove those health centers are dead.

Whats the situation of general hospitals in Rivers state? The gov. said in the interview that he abandoned the general hospitals to focus on providing Primary health centres, What do you have to say mr spokesman?
Re: Amaechi Pays N800 Million Per Term To Indians To Train 750 Secondary School Kids by jazzydee: 7:01pm On Nov 24, 2014
phantom:

infact i ll do you one better. please show us any blackboard in akwaibom and cross rivers state PUT TOGETHER! grin grin grin

Its not a picture posting contest of which you are a master propagandist,Aresa AKA phantom. Amaechi has already confessed that he built 1 secondary school in 7.5 yrs as governor. is that a good record? And this is not about akpabio its about Amaechi, Akpabios works speaks volumes by itself, thats why you are trying to use him as measuring standard for Amaechis failure in Education.
Re: Amaechi Pays N800 Million Per Term To Indians To Train 750 Secondary School Kids by phantom(m): 7:07pm On Nov 24, 2014
abbccc:
LET THEM GO AND SEE WHAT THE IMMEDIATE PAST GOVERNOR OF ANAMBRA STATE, MR PETER OBI DID IN ANAMBRA WITH THE LITTLE RESOURCES AT HIS DISPOSAL AND STILL LEAVE HUGE SUM OF MONEY(CASH,BANKED,SHARES ETC) BEFORE LEAVING OFFICE.....Peter Obi touched significantly all the whole sectors without noise making....He restored sanity and peaceful atmosphere...He cut cost of governance and at best delivered dividends of democracy to the masses

peter obi?? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided. i am igbo! if you want to talk about governors in the south east,obi would not be in the first 2. fact!
Re: Amaechi Pays N800 Million Per Term To Indians To Train 750 Secondary School Kids by phantom(m): 7:26pm On Nov 24, 2014
jazzydee:

Whats the situation of general hospitals in Rivers state? The gov. said in the interview that he abandoned the general hospitals to focus on providing Primary health centres, What do you have to say mr spokesman?

then criticize him constructively. yes its not proper to ignore the secondary health centers but if you were intelligent, YOU WOULD KNOW THAT THE BASIS OF ANY GOOD HEALTHCARE SYSTEM IS THE PRIMARY HEALTHCARE. true or false?

he had a priority,and that was to strenghten basic healthcare. contrary to what you and your cronies on this thread think,it actually shows A VERY INTELLIGENT GOVERNOR WITH FORESIGHT.
i am a doctor who works at UPTH. why should i be seeing patients who come with common cold and malaria?? why should i take delivery of a baby in an uncomplicated pregnancy at the teaching hospital why??

a failed primary health system will crumble the secondary and tertiary health systems.

amaechi did well by focussing on the PHC. he should not be castigated for doing that.
speaking of the secondary health centers,are niger hospital,diobu and the dental hospital at garrison primary centers?
abeg reason well!
Re: Amaechi Pays N800 Million Per Term To Indians To Train 750 Secondary School Kids by phantom(m): 7:33pm On Nov 24, 2014
jazzydee:

Its not a picture posting contest of which you are a master propagandist,Aresa AKA phantom. Amaechi has already confessed that he built 1 secondary school in 7.5 yrs as governor. is that a good record? And this is not about akpabio its about Amaechi, Akpabios works speaks volumes by itself, thats why you are trying to use him as measuring standard for Amaechis failure in Education.

the bolded is funny i swear...... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin speaking volumes!!! grin grin grin
we dont want volumes. show us one blackboard in akwaibom/crossrivers states. just one.

all you and your friends have done are show us HD pictures of a few roads and flyovers,tropicana and a stadium.

please show us what really matters. where are the schools? where are the hospitals?(i know of just the 20th anniversary hospital)
what of human development

bros abeg leave matter. akpabio na shine-shine governor... grin grin grin grin but no be stadium or library go feed akwa ibom people
my good friend from akwaibom called me over the night. hes son had been ill for a while. i asked him to go to UPTH but he ended up seeing a doctor at ozuoba health center. it was simple malaria.

i can bet you that if it was in akwaibom,my friend would be at UUTH running from pillar to post. these are the things that matter. these are parameters of good governance.
Re: Amaechi Pays N800 Million Per Term To Indians To Train 750 Secondary School Kids by jazzydee: 8:28pm On Nov 24, 2014
phantom:

the bolded is funny i swear...... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin speaking volumes!!! grin grin grin
we dont want volumes. show us one blackboard in akwaibom/crossrivers states. just one.

all you and your friends have done are show us HD pictures of a few roads and flyovers,tropicana and a stadium.

please show us what really matters. where are the schools? where are the hospitals?(i know of just the 20th anniversary hospital)
what of human development

bros abeg leave matter. akpabio na shine-shine governor... grin grin grin grin but no be stadium or library go feed akwa ibom people
my good friend from akwaibom called me over the night. hes son had been ill for a while. i asked him to go to UPTH but he ended up seeing a doctor at ozuoba health center. it was simple malaria.

i can bet you that if it was in akwaibom,my friend would be at UUTH running from pillar to post. these are the things that matter. these are parameters of good governance.

Nonsense, its not about Akpabio, its about amaechi!
Akpabio has built 5 general hospitals in the remaining LGAs that had no General hospitals in the State , In general Akwa Ibom runs fully functional 31 general hospitals in all the LGA in Akwa Ibom the tertiary hospitals include:the University of Uyo teaching hospital and the soon to he completed 467 bed 20th anniversary hospital to serve as tertiary hospitals in the state. An the state govt. is also constructing a teaching hospital for its new state university. and countless primary healthcare centres which are part of the over 5000 rural development projects of Akpabio. If you were a doctor in Rivers state as you claim,which is a stone trow from Akwa Ibom you would know this, but all you are is an APC mouthpiece reporting from lagos.

1) true or false, has he only built 1 secondary school in rivers state in 7.5yrs?
2) true or false, has he paid N800m for indians to train 750 rivers school kids in the sech. school?
3) True or false has Amaechi Abandoned all secondry health centres to concentrate on treating headache at PHC?
Stop forming answer those three questions.
Re: Amaechi Pays N800 Million Per Term To Indians To Train 750 Secondary School Kids by Houstency(m): 8:48pm On Nov 24, 2014
Re: Amaechi Pays N800 Million Per Term To Indians To Train 750 Secondary School Kids by Abelsconcept(m): 9:01pm On Nov 24, 2014
I see, all these bad-mouth towards the governor is all because he made a choice on being a free man.

It is a shameful experience to think of the comments posted on this thread. It just shows the level of impunity and rottenness in the society (Nigeria). I do not like defending any Nigerian politician because to me they are all political kleptomanias' and Governor Amaechi is not an exemption. Having said that, it is pertinent to point out that Amaechi's crime is his choice to be free.

I pity those of you who are busy celebrating mediocre autocrats as champions. It's like a blind man leading another blind man (who is leading who).

As a Rivers man, I've seen a enough, I don't need some made up statistics to misguide me. I see the difference between yesterday and today in my state. I've also foreseen a bright future for the state.

Governor Amaechi is never the best but sure is a starting point.

PS: Don't never ever allow anyone to push you around. Remember, tough times don't last but tough people do.
Re: Amaechi Pays N800 Million Per Term To Indians To Train 750 Secondary School Kids by jazzydee: 9:05pm On Nov 24, 2014
phantom:

then criticize him constructively. yes its not proper to ignore the secondary health centers but if you were intelligent, YOU WOULD KNOW THAT THE BASIS OF ANY GOOD HEALTHCARE SYSTEM IS THE PRIMARY HEALTHCARE. true or false?

he had a priority,and that was to strenghten basic healthcare. contrary to what you and your cronies on this thread think,it actually shows A VERY INTELLIGENT GOVERNOR WITH FORESIGHT.
i am a doctor who works at UPTH. why should i be seeing patients who come with common cold and malaria?? why should i take delivery of a baby in an uncomplicated pregnancy at the teaching hospital why??

a failed primary health system will crumble the secondary and tertiary health systems.

amaechi did well by focussing on the PHC. he should not be castigated for doing that.
speaking of the secondary health centers,are niger hospital,diobu and the dental hospital at garrison primary centers?
abeg reason well!

This your post shows clearly that you are a quack/fake doctor, if not you would have known that its criminal for a governor to concentrate on only primary health facilities for 7.5yrs while abandoning the general/secondary health facilities in the state.

You claim that a failed primary health system will crumble secondary and tertiary health system but you fail to see that ugly truth that stares you in the face that a failed Secondary health system will not only collapse the whole health system but will kill patients.
If patients with malaria and common cold presents at UPTH, UPTH has the capacity to treat that patient, the only con is that it is considered a systemic failure and a waste of time, because they could have used that time to focus on more difficult health issue. but the truth is the patient will get treated.
But if a patient with serious problems presents in a primary health centre, will he get anyhelp? the answer is NO beacuse the PHC are not equiped for such and it will not only result in a systemic failure but will also lead to death sentence on that patient.

In you view Mr Doctor which is more important, systemic failure(Waste of time on non serious health issue) or patient death?

80% of PHC cases can be handled by community pharmacist, local clinics and community nurses/matron in private practice in the rural areas which are the primary destination of majority of Nigerians in rural settings to start with, how many patients sincerly in Nigeria will visit a PHC to treat an abbrasion, rashes, malaria etc when they know their local pharmacist or mma Nurse will treat them faster and cheaper.
But Who bridges the gap of a secondary health facility when they are not available or non functional? I will like you to Answer that question "Mr Doctor"?

If amaechi was not blinded by political egoitsm and playing to the gallery, he would know that it is suicidal to abandon general hospitals in the state, just to focus on treating headaches in PHC, Eventhough PHC are important, like i said they are substitute to PHC in the Nigerian context, but what are the substitutes for a general hospital?
Re: Amaechi Pays N800 Million Per Term To Indians To Train 750 Secondary School Kids by jazzydee: 9:27pm On Nov 24, 2014
Houstency:
PDP + APC are big time thiefs , stealing comfortably from funny supporters n given them peanut to talk thrash online. According to Iyabo Obasanjo, A leader is a reflection of d pple he is leading. We Nigerians needs to change this our funny mindset, of making decisions based on emotions, ethnicity, religion n d likes.. this is the grand plot used by dis wicked n heartless politicians to divide us d leaders of tomorrow from reasoning properly n celebrating mediocrity as achievements. On a personal note, no governor in d country as done anytin meaningful to better d lives of d citizens in dre state as well as d president.(I stand to b corrected). So none is worthy to throw tantrums n insult on anoda dy r all evil in their thoughts. Check what is obtainable in oda developed countries n c hw va we r behind in governance. We d masses need to set a higher standard for politicians coming out for elections n stop dis low life mentality. Dats y d leaders cross carpet from one political parties to anoda without any recourse to dose dat elected dem to such elective positions. Obj, Buhari, IBB, Tukur, Tinubu, Tukur, David Mark, Atiku, Bode George etc have been in power b4 some of us were even given birth to n dy r still in control of power, n d country is getting worse by d day, is it dis kind of life we d youths wants?? If when we were small we were told , we r d leaders of 2mao, wen is 2mao going to come wif Old n evil military men turned politician r d kingmakers n dy still fight n control power in d country. Enough is enough if we must move on to promise land. let's keep open mind n b better followers. God bless Nigeria!! (N.B: I don't have time to engage in online verbal war wif any one here , just open minded n let's begin to reason properly, Nigeria belongs to us all n not to selected few n dre relations.)

Policy issues is not for everyone, The fact that we have good leaders does not mean that all of them are bad, When we find leaders amongst us that has done well we must commend them not blindly but based on whats on ground. Fashola did well by beautifying elitist areas in Lagos and Bringing sanity to Oshodi, He must be commended for that, Amaechi did well by restoring security in Rivers state and agriculture( risom palm is working again, shongai farm is working, bannana plantation, and fish farms are functional in rivers state) he must be commended for that, Akpabio has done well in infrastructures in Akwa Ibom He must also be commended.

when these leaders fail like amaechi has done in Education, We the people must call them out on it.
To you it might be a waste of time but for me and others who are commenting on this issue its our constitutional right to do so.
For those oyibo countries that we Nigerians Like to quote all the time, you should go to their social media pages and see what they say about their leaders, google is your friend.

For a government to improve there must be citizen participation, public outcry like this one is the onlything that causes some self absorbing politicians to retrace their steps, at least in Nigeria this is the only tool available to us as we cant prosecute our governors.
Re: Amaechi Pays N800 Million Per Term To Indians To Train 750 Secondary School Kids by vikyno(m): 10:19pm On Nov 24, 2014
anonimi:

And the schools are not for the training of the students

Chai, I thought your problem was only with arithmetic from the other thread about the Jonathan/Sambo railway TRANSFORMATION, I did not know it extends to understanding the Queen's language as well.

Maybe na all those youth corpers used every year to teach in our secondary schools by all these useless governors who will not recruit PROFESSIONAL teachers and REDUCE youth unemployment by so doing angry

What is this MUMU saying. Blaming Nija education woes on corps members. Professional teachers ko.
Re: Amaechi Pays N800 Million Per Term To Indians To Train 750 Secondary School Kids by motherlode: 11:50pm On Nov 24, 2014
Amaechi is very good governor who has govern rivers well even after the withdrawals of oil wells in rivers state.
I would rather kill myself than to watch you guyz who know nothing about governance continue typing nonsence become a one day governor. Even if you were given the councillor's job then you would come out sweating out blood because of the curses you would receive due to the failure of your own administration.

Remember they criticised JESUS through deceiving the people, i am sure you critics are under the umbrella of deception. :-D
Re: Amaechi Pays N800 Million Per Term To Indians To Train 750 Secondary School Kids by athorello(m): 12:24am On Nov 25, 2014
notobs:

babasoty, you be correct man, i am not in rivers state at the moment in 2 wks time i will be in rivers state Nowa to be precise, i will take pictures of all the schools i see from PH to nowa and i will post it on this thread to show the rot in education in rivers state.
This propaganda by APC must stop, if the Nigerian media has been paid to not report these fact then citizen journalist must expose these propaganda governors
Bros, don't just try yourself on that axis, from eleme junction down to nonwa because you'll be disappointed. Expecting to see you pictures though. Mehn, even public schools along that axis are very ok or semi ok. Not to talk of the model primary schools. I've seen three in that axis located in alesa, nchia and eteo. Guy also stop at the model secondary school at ebubu (just one of those in each lga) and you'll be amazed. I've seen just two of d model sec schools but have sighted many of the model primary schools. The model sec school is not for every tom, dick and harry. Besides, the rascal governor recruited many teachers last year some of which are not indigenes. Indians managing the model sec schools doesn't mean they are d ones teaching there. We barely hear their english. There should be a reason for their involvement though not forgeting that Indians ares some of the most intelligent people on earth.
Btw, I don't think a rascal of the order of Ameachi is out of place in nigeria. Remember that your man at the centre can no more guaranty the price of garri--my major concern.
Re: Amaechi Pays N800 Million Per Term To Indians To Train 750 Secondary School Kids by HirstMOG(m): 5:31am On Nov 25, 2014
jazzydee:
These are questions that needs to be asked? In 7.5 years as rivers governor amaechi has only succeded in building 1 seconday school, is these a good record?

Would N800 per term paid to indian school managers for 750 secondary school children in One school, not go a long way to fund all the 267 schools in rivers state, rather than the doing the window dressing that the one model school is to score cheap political points?

This isthe same man that is criticizing other people's government and he still wants to run for higher public office. Its a shame!!
Re: Amaechi Pays N800 Million Per Term To Indians To Train 750 Secondary School Kids by Nobody: 6:42am On Nov 25, 2014

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Pays N800 Million Per Term To Indians To Train 750 Secondary School Kids by crystalzoe: 2:14pm On Nov 25, 2014
phantom:

tah!! stop telling lies. which ozuoba? dat place is a dead zone. rumuigbo is a glorified clinic!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Vc’s Sack Legal, Insists Babalakin / Osanyinlusi Titilayo Mary: Graduates With 7.0 CGPA From University Of Ibadan / Pregnant At 18, Best Graduating Student At 25

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.