Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:26 AM

What's The Proper Format To Address A Cover Letter In Online Job Application? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What's The Proper Format To Address A Cover Letter In Online Job Application? (8880 Views)

More Pressure On Economy As Online Job Application Declines Over 46% / What Is A Cover Letter? How To Write One. Sample Template. / Difference Between A Cover Letter And An Application Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Proper Format To Address A Cover Letter In Online Job Application? by Vesuvius(m): 10:37pm On Nov 23, 2014
Pls fellow Nairalanders, what is the best way to address your letter when applying for a job online? Does one first of all write out the two addresses (that of the job seeker and the employer) before the dear sir and the body of the letter or does one simply write out the application and route it to the recruiter's email address without following those conventional steps of formal letter writing? N.B: I know that Dear Sir or Dear recruiter at the beginning is alright coupled with yours faithfully at the end as obtains, but the issue of writing the addresses is what I want clarified since the applicant's email address and the recruiter's are already there. Your mature replies and other necessary things to note are highly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Re: What's The Proper Format To Address A Cover Letter In Online Job Application? by Nobody: 1:46am On Nov 24, 2014
Vesuvius:
Pls fellow Nairalanders, what is the best way to address your letter when applying for a job online? Does one first of all write out the two addresses (that of the job seeker and the employer) before the dear sir and the body of the letter or does one simply write out the application and route it to the recruiter's email address without following those conventional steps of formal letter writing? N.B: I know that Dear Sir or Dear recruiter at the beginning is alright coupled with yours faithfully at the end as obtains, but the issue of writing the addresses is what I want clarified since the applicant's email address and the recruiter's are already there. Your mature replies and other necessary things to note are highly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I do this anyway. It is the standard protocol of creating cover letters so doing it online or in real life does not a difference make wink.
Re: What's The Proper Format To Address A Cover Letter In Online Job Application? by Vesuvius(m): 8:00am On Nov 24, 2014
charix:

I do this anyway. It is the standard protocol of creating cover letters so doing it online or in real life does not a difference make wink.
I don't understand what you said you do. Please be more specific. Thanks for replying anyway
Re: What's The Proper Format To Address A Cover Letter In Online Job Application? by Vesuvius(m): 8:05am On Nov 24, 2014
96 views and just one reply! Come on you guys can do better than this na. grin ;DMore replies expected pls, thanks.
Re: What's The Proper Format To Address A Cover Letter In Online Job Application? by pat077: 9:35am On Nov 24, 2014
Re: What's The Proper Format To Address A Cover Letter In Online Job Application? by Nobody: 9:47am On Nov 24, 2014
Vesuvius:

I mean you should first write both addresses then "dear sir" followed by the letter body just like writing a cover letter with pen and paper. At least thats what I do normally.

After around 96 views you'd get very little in the way of replies. The only way you can get more is if this thread made frontpage.
Re: What's The Proper Format To Address A Cover Letter In Online Job Application? by insidifyguru: 11:20am On Nov 24, 2014
Vesuvius:

Sending a cover letter via mail can be basically in two forms:
1. Writing the cover letter as a message in the space provided by your email provider and sending or
2. Sending the cover letter as an attachment.

However, whichever means you decide to send your cover letter through, it should not be addressed the same way you would if you were writing with the conventional pen and paper. It is advisable that the cover letter be formatted like your CV (which of course will also be an accompanying document with your cover letter) when crafting it.

Sending your cover letter is usually the more appropriate means as it allows for a professional feel and you don't run the risk of everything you've typed being jumbled together upon being received by the recruiter.

Hope this helps. #Insidify

P.S: you can drop your email address here to get a sample copy of a cover letter to better help you understand the above.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What's The Proper Format To Address A Cover Letter In Online Job Application? by donkunzman: 11:33am On Nov 24, 2014
Donkunzman4liverpool@yahoo.com thanks man
insidifyguru:

1. Writing the cover letter as a message in the space provided by your email provider and sending or

However, whichever means you decide to send your cover letter through, it should not be addressed the same way you would if you were writing with the conventional pen and paper. It is advisable that the cover letter be formatted like your CV (which of course will also be an accompanying document with your cover letter) when crafting it.

Sending your cover letter is usually the more appropriate means as it allows for a professional feel and you don't run the risk of everything you've typed being jumbled together upon being received by the recruiter.

P.S: you can drop your email address here to get a sample copy of a cover letter to better help you understand the above.
Re: What's The Proper Format To Address A Cover Letter In Online Job Application? by Beniyke007: 12:28pm On Nov 24, 2014
beniyke872000@yahooo.com
insidifyguru:

Re: What's The Proper Format To Address A Cover Letter In Online Job Application? by owolabiza(m): 12:53pm On Nov 24, 2014
boss,I wld be interested in d sample,my mail is owolabirosenje@yahoo.com
Re: What's The Proper Format To Address A Cover Letter In Online Job Application? by insidifyguru: 1:32pm On Nov 24, 2014
owolabiza:
boss,I wld be interested in d sample,my mail is owolabirosenje@yahoo.com

Kindly find in the email address provided. Thank you.
Re: What's The Proper Format To Address A Cover Letter In Online Job Application? by insidifyguru: 1:33pm On Nov 24, 2014
Beniyke007:
beniyke872000@yahooo.com

Please find in the email address provided. Thanks.
Re: What's The Proper Format To Address A Cover Letter In Online Job Application? by insidifyguru: 1:34pm On Nov 24, 2014
donkunzman:
Donkunzman4liverpool@yahoo.com thanks man

Kindly find in the email address provided. Thank you.

P.S: you may want to consider having a separate email address for professional purposes please. One that would reflect your professionalism and will be strictly for matters such as this.
Re: What's The Proper Format To Address A Cover Letter In Online Job Application? by jiggar(m): 1:39pm On Nov 24, 2014
Pls, I would also like a sample of the cover letter, lastborn511@gmail.com, thanks.
Re: What's The Proper Format To Address A Cover Letter In Online Job Application? by insidifyguru: 1:43pm On Nov 24, 2014
jiggar:
Pls, I would also like a sample of the cover letter, lastborn511@gmail.com, thanks.

Please find forwarded. Thanks.
Re: What's The Proper Format To Address A Cover Letter In Online Job Application? by kaykash007(m): 1:45pm On Nov 24, 2014
pls extend it to dis mail too Ayorinde_Kayode@ yahoo.com. thanks and God bless.
Re: What's The Proper Format To Address A Cover Letter In Online Job Application? by insidifyguru: 2:03pm On Nov 24, 2014
kaykash007:

Kindly find 'extended.' smiley Thanks.
Re: What's The Proper Format To Address A Cover Letter In Online Job Application? by Taper: 2:07pm On Nov 24, 2014
Gud afternoon, pls wouldn't mind to get a copy of a sample cover letter. eyesopen_226@yahoo.com , thankz
Re: What's The Proper Format To Address A Cover Letter In Online Job Application? by jiggar(m): 2:15pm On Nov 24, 2014
insidifyguru:

Guy you are blessed. Thanks.
Re: What's The Proper Format To Address A Cover Letter In Online Job Application? by insidifyguru: 2:33pm On Nov 24, 2014
jiggar:

Guy you are blessed. Thanks.

Amen. Thanks so much for your kind words.
Re: What's The Proper Format To Address A Cover Letter In Online Job Application? by insidifyguru: 2:37pm On Nov 24, 2014
Taper:
Gud afternoon, pls wouldn't mind to get a copy of a sample cover letter. eyesopen_226@yahoo.com , thankz

Good afternoon. Kindly find a copy in the email address provided. Thank you.
Re: What's The Proper Format To Address A Cover Letter In Online Job Application? by hopappy(m): 3:32pm On Nov 24, 2014
Kindly forward the sample to olayemipappy@gmail.com
Re: What's The Proper Format To Address A Cover Letter In Online Job Application? by Esji80(m): 3:32pm On Nov 24, 2014
pls help me wt d sample cover letter sgarba80@gmail.com THANKS
Re: What's The Proper Format To Address A Cover Letter In Online Job Application? by insidifyguru: 3:43pm On Nov 24, 2014
Esji80:

Please find in your email address. Thanks.
Re: What's The Proper Format To Address A Cover Letter In Online Job Application? by jennex05(m): 3:48pm On Nov 24, 2014
Re: What's The Proper Format To Address A Cover Letter In Online Job Application? by insidifyguru: 3:49pm On Nov 24, 2014
hopappy:

Re: What's The Proper Format To Address A Cover Letter In Online Job Application? by insidifyguru: 3:57pm On Nov 24, 2014
hopappy:

I'm positive you'll also find this resource useful. http://www.insidify.com/discovery/how-to-write-distinct-attractive-cover-letter
Re: What's The Proper Format To Address A Cover Letter In Online Job Application? by insidifyguru: 3:58pm On Nov 24, 2014
Esji80:

I'm positive you'll also find this resource useful. http://www.insidify.com/discovery/how-to-write-distinct-attractive-cover-letter
Re: What's The Proper Format To Address A Cover Letter In Online Job Application? by insidifyguru: 3:59pm On Nov 24, 2014
Taper:

Re: What's The Proper Format To Address A Cover Letter In Online Job Application? by insidifyguru: 3:59pm On Nov 24, 2014
kaykash007:

Re: What's The Proper Format To Address A Cover Letter In Online Job Application? by gentlekaycy: 4:00pm On Nov 24, 2014
nice thread. This has being giving concern as well. pls can sb send to me. gentlekaycy@gmail.com
Re: What's The Proper Format To Address A Cover Letter In Online Job Application? by insidifyguru: 4:01pm On Nov 24, 2014
jiggar:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kaduna State Set To Unlock The Future Of Work With Click-on Kaduna Workshop / How True Is E.D. Financial Empowerment 3.0? / Afrinvest Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.