Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,787 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:36 PM

Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note (70148 Views)

Jonathan Refutes MURIC's Allegation Of Jewish Symbol On N100 Note / Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note / New N100 Note. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by siraj1402(m): 7:37am On Nov 24, 2014
A Muslim body, the Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC), has expressed concern over what it termed a Jewish symbol on the country’s new N100 note.

The new N100 note was unveiled to Nigerians recently by President Goodluck Jonathan in commemoration of Nigeria’s 100 years’ anniversary.

However, MURIC, in a statement by its Director, Professor Ishaq Akintola, alleged the insertion of a Jewish symbol into the new currency, demanding explanation from the Federal Government.

It said its office had been inundated with calls by those who had observed the symbol.

In a statement issued on Sunday, Akintola said it was paramount for the government to urgently address the issue.

“The Federal Government, on November 12, 2014 unveiled the new design for the N100 commemorative centenary banknote which will be officially issued on December 19.

“However, the office of the Muslim Rights Concern has been inundated with calls for action on the Jewish symbol on the new note. Nigerian Muslims are complaining that the Arabic writing in Hausa language (the Ajami script) that read ‘Naira Dari’ (i.e. one hundred naira) on the N100 note has been removed and replaced with the Jewish symbol, the Star of David.

“As a faith-based human rights organisation which believes in the dialogue option, MURIC is duty bound to articulate the demands of Nigerian Muslims, particularly on matters which have to do with imbalance in treatment of the adherents of the different religions governments (federal or state).

“MURIC recalls that Arabic inscriptions which have always been on Nigerian currency since independence were unceremoniously removed in 2005 from N5, N10, N20 and N50 denominations. They remained on N100, N200, N500 and N1,000 denominations.

“Nigerian Muslims regard the latest action, namely, the supplanting of Arabic with Jewish symbol from the new N100 as a continuation of the campaign of elimination by substitution against Arabic language and, by implication, against Nigerian Muslims.

“It is well known that a large section of the Nigerian population use the Arabic Ajami and removing it from the new note will deprive millions of users of the Arabic Ajami of the ability to recognise, identify and use the new currency.

“Furthermore, putting the Jewish symbol on the new N100 falls short of international standard, as currencies worldwide are designed to suit each nation’s culture and history.

“Where does the Jewish symbol fit in? Which Nigerian community speaks the Jewish language? The insertion of the Jewish symbol is, therefore, clannish and parochial. It is tainted with undisguised religious fanaticism.

“There is nothing wrong for our president to like Israel as a nation, but it is another thing entirely to openly and brazenly promote Zionism at the highest office in this country when we are still struggling with the last vestiges of colonialism. Nigerian Muslims are becoming increasingly suspicious and very uncomfortable with the actions and inactions of President Jonathan.

“Firstly, in spite of the preponderance of Muslims in the South West, he appointed no single Muslim as minister in the whole region for almost four years. Secondly, he marginalised Muslims in the deliberations which took place in the national conference by appointing a meagre 189 Muslims as against 303 Christians.

“Thirdly, Mr President saturated the security system in Aso Rock with Israeli security operatives, a nation well known for its animosity towards Muslims. The supplanting of Arabic language with Jewish symbol is the fourth among Jonathan’s anti-Muslim policies.

“If once is happenstance, if twice is a coincidence and if the third time is enemy action, what do we call the fourth time? We are sick and tired of our president’s hatred for us. He openly confronts Muslims and goads us to challenge him.

“But we will not be provoked. Neither shall we be intimidated by executive maladministration. As apostles of dialogue and advocates of peaceful coexistence, as tax-payers, voters and citizens of this country, we hereby ask President Jonathan to explain the Jewish symbol on Nigeria’s money.

“We also demand to know why the presidency could not employ security experts from neutral countries like Britain or France instead of Israel, which is a sworn enemy of Muslims. Mr President may also deem it fit to tell us if there is no correlation between the Israeli security experts in Aso Rock, the Israeli caught with Nigeria’s N9.3 million arms money in South Africa and the Jewish symbol on the new N100 note.

“Mr President sir, are you not gradually selling Nigeria to Israel? Are you sure this will not attract the wrath of Israel’s enemies to our dear country? Can this also be partly responsible for the viciousness of the Boko Haram phenomenon?

“MURIC appeals to Muslims nationwide to await President Jonathan’s response to the above questions and to remain calm and law abiding. Islam teaches tolerance (Qur’an 3:134) and obedience to constituted authority (Qur’an 4:59),” the statement read.
http://tribune.com.ng/news/news-headlines/item/22360-muslim-body-alleges-jewish-symbol-on-new-n100-note

25 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by Uyi168: 7:41am On Nov 24, 2014
..Hmmm.......i c

1 Like

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by drestoneokuta(m): 7:54am On Nov 24, 2014
This group should focus its energy on the condemnation of boko-haram rather than this frivolous issue, people haven't died as a result of this allegations.

344 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by simplemach(m): 7:55am On Nov 24, 2014
Nawaooooo, people reading meaning into every little thing they see or hear. He said people i dentify the currency with the small inscription. Hmmmm if the colour, size and look dont tell them when they see the note, then let them not transact with #100 note.

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by Exjoker(m): 7:58am On Nov 24, 2014
Abeg what make that N100 note a digital note??

8 Likes

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by Nobody: 7:58am On Nov 24, 2014
if it were jewish only, i will not bother. but that sign is demonic as it is illuminati.

modified.

And some Christians are happy not knowing that the devil has always being a lier. pls show me proof in ur bible where the star of David was mentioned.

http://www.cuttingedge.org/news/n2223.cfm

more over, who told there are no satanists jews.

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by godofwar666(m): 8:04am On Nov 24, 2014
GEJ I can't wait to vote U out, 2015 pls come nah undecided

87 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by Brijet(f): 8:07am On Nov 24, 2014
Jonathan,we r waiting 4 ur answer o.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by Idrismusty97(m): 8:12am On Nov 24, 2014
So is this why the Hausa Ajami was removed? The Ajami that isn't even Islamic? So what are the dishonorable elements arguing about ajami gonna say now. 90% of the posters on that thread were screaming "secular" state. If you want the Ajami removed and still want this symbol on our naira note then you are a bloody hypocrite!

Jonathan thanks for dividing Nigeria, I know it will soon come to this. Very soon the Muslims will asked for Friday to be added among the work free days, if not then Saturday and Sunday should be scrapped(In 1972 Gowon pronounced Saturday as a work free day in sympathy to the demands of the adherents of the Seventh Day Adventist genre of Christianity) Christians will make their own suggestions and Nigeria will finally become a full secular state not just on papers.

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by LordMecuzy(m): 8:13am On Nov 24, 2014
Are Jews Christians?

That even looks like an AMORC star to me. lol

34 Likes

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by idealsico(m): 8:15am On Nov 24, 2014
Hypocrites! You see why I hate double standard. When the arabic inscriptions were criminally inserted into our currency they saw nothing wrong, even though Nigeria is multi-religious. Only one note and they are complaining. My humble suggestion: DELETE BOTH ARABIC AND JEWISH INSCRIPTIONS ON OUR CURRENCIES. He who comes to equity must come with clean hands.

235 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by Chongaiman: 8:18am On Nov 24, 2014
Yeye dey smell. The Star of David has 6 pointed edges. The symbol on the N100 note has 8 pointed edges. Some people still playing ostrich since AD 622/AH 1. Abeg Monday morning is enough problem in itself! Don't compound it.

189 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by Nobody: 8:26am On Nov 24, 2014
That symbol on the note is an arewa symbol, as shown below, its just that some part of it is faded! I think that muslim prof is a nimcompoop!

163 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by successking401(m): 8:28am On Nov 24, 2014
drestoneokuta:
This group should focus its energy on the condemnation of boko-haram rather than this frivolous issue, people haven't died as a result of this allegations.
good talk if dem go hear

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by Idrismusty97(m): 8:35am On Nov 24, 2014
drestoneokuta:
The same should be said for the government. That same "Frivolous issue" is their only priority.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by Daviddye(m): 8:46am On Nov 24, 2014
It looks good to me, if don't like it, go and hug transformer. Fanatics!!!!!!

17 Likes

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by omenka(m): 9:19am On Nov 24, 2014
Can we all see the depth of division and religious cynicism Jonathan has entrenched in this country??

Jonathan has caused such huge trauma to the
Nigerian psyche its gonna take eons to heal!!
These were things that pre-date this
administration but were totally inconsequential
in the scheme of things. In all honesty, I NEVER NOTICED these Arabic inscriptions on the notes until people started talking about them. The gist took its root from Jonathanians' unfounded allegation of a sinister plot to "islamise" the country, a rhetoric aimed at mopping up support from Christian voters and increase their scepticism towards any non-christian contender for president.

We've had leaders of both faiths before
Jonathan, NO ONE ever talked about things like
these, now, they've become the only things
talked about simply because we landed
ourselves a president too naiive to understand
that politics and religion are two volatile
elements that shouldn't be mixed!!

Jonathan came in and has done every single
thing infuse into every Nigerian the
consciousness of the difference between a
Northerner and a Southerner, a Christian
and a Muslim, an Igbo man and a Hausa or
Yoruba man!!

He has NEVER DONE ANYTHING
to make Nigerians see the ties that bind them!!

This is Jonathan's LEGACY!!

Woe unto anyone who supports the continuation of such glaring disaster!!

114 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by danaiks(m): 9:28am On Nov 24, 2014
wonders shall never end cheesy
Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by mcdokwe(m): 9:28am On Nov 24, 2014
Religion

1 Like

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by jonnpedro: 9:29am On Nov 24, 2014
YEYE DEY SMELL, PEOPLE LOOKING FOR WAYS TO CAUSE PROBLEM IN THE STATE, GOD GO PURNISH ANYBODY PLANNING BAD FOR NAIJA

14 Likes

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by SlimSkipper(m): 9:29am On Nov 24, 2014
muslems nd there religious wahala angry

44 Likes

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by kimond101: 9:29am On Nov 24, 2014
Hmm
Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by fitzmayowa: 9:30am On Nov 24, 2014
Nonsense...BH is killing innocent people up north, they didn't see that...Arabic inscription has been on the naira since independence no one said a thing...Hypocrites

I guess their ultimate goal is to get rid of other religion, so they can have their way...Yeye dey smell

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by leki10(m): 9:30am On Nov 24, 2014
whats all dis stress about just a symbol on a note. You r busy arguing about a symbol on a note, INSTEAD OF U TO THINK ABOUT HOW YOU WILL WORK UR A$$ OFF TO EARN THE MONEY. Does d symbol even reduce d value to 99naira. WTF!. Nigerians and FANATICISM.

22 Likes

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by einsteino(m): 9:30am On Nov 24, 2014
that isn't jewish joor. jobless peeps

15 Likes

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by Tic4tac(m): 9:31am On Nov 24, 2014
Omo i tire 4 dis ppl sha...wetin dem wan gain...Mtcheew... #MondayMorning

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by phollybee(m): 9:31am On Nov 24, 2014
I came here to make a good .
Nothing else
Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by brainzdh(m): 9:31am On Nov 24, 2014
...and the incessant conspiracies continues. New week, new wahala. Nigerians need to outgrow all these unnecessary sentiments. Wetin concern hardworking aboki shoemaker with alleged Jewish symbol? If I pay you the money, abeg no collect am.

#Lubbish

*Well, it looks more like Arewa sign to me.

14 Likes

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by cococandy(f): 9:31am On Nov 24, 2014
idealsico:
Hypocrites! You see why I hate double standard. When the arabic inscriptions were criminally inserted into our currency they saw nothing wrong, even though Nigeria is multi-religious. Only one note and they are complaining. My humble suggestion: DELETE BOTH ARABIC AND JEWISH INSCRIPTIONS ON OUR CURRENCIES. He who comes to equity must come with clean hands.

7 Likes

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by Nobody: 9:32am On Nov 24, 2014
Scallywags

When e reach all this kind matter we go see Muslim body

When na bokoharam issue, dem go quiet..

Nor be una fault anyway. But if situations like this can actually lead to break up of this useless marriage.... So be it!

39 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Inside Ibadan Precious Stone Market: Strabag Precious Stone International Market / Man Gave A Groundnut Seller N50k For Telling Him To Taste His Groundnut / Nnamdi Ezeigbo – CEO Of SLOT, Infinix And Tecno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.