Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,078 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:29 PM

President Jonathan Is A Good Man, Says Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Is A Good Man, Says Amaechi (3618 Views)

Elections Must Be Cancelled In Rivers State, Says Amaechi / Tere Ikuru's Defection Shocked Me But He Is Free To Go, Says Amaechi / I Am Not Funding APC, Says Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Jonathan Is A Good Man, Says Amaechi by jchima14: 8:14am On Nov 24, 2014
In his usual routine, Governor Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State has lashed out at President Goodluck Jonathan again describing him as “supervising a highly corrupt government” even though he (Jonathan) personally remains a good man.

He also claimed that “there is no democracy yet in Nigeria.” The governor, who spoke in Abuja on Saturday, insisted that he had no personal squabbles with President Jonathan, adding that if governance could be separated from the President, he (Jonathan) “remains a good man.”

He, however, regretted that the President “is supervising a highly corrupt government.” He described the form of government being practised in Nigeria today as diarchy.

While reacting to the invasion of the National Assembly by the police on Thursday, Amaechi described the action as uncivilised.He said the actions of the police in recent times had shown that they had been pocketed by the Presidency and the ruling Peoples Democratic Party.He said, “We don’t have democracy in Nigeria yet. What we have is diarchy. We don’t have a democracy. Diarchy is dictatorship.

The Federal Government has appropriated the police as its personal property. The FG has taken over the police. See the way the police took over the National Assembly. By law, the police have no power to invade the National Assembly and they have no power to stop the Speaker from going in or out of the National Assembly complex. But they don’t obey law.”

He insisted that his party, the All Progressives Congress, would not go to court if the PDP decided to rig the 2015 presidential elections.Instead of going to court, he said the APC would form a parallel government.

He said, “What is the essence of going to court when the Federal Government don’t obey the law.That’s why the APC say we won’t go to the court any longer. If you rig us out, we would rig ourselves in; which means if you think you can rig us out in 2015, we will form our own government. We have met on that and we have agreed on that.We will instal our own government and there would be two governments.
Source: http://www..com.ng/

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Is A Good Man, Says Amaechi by Nobody: 8:15am On Nov 24, 2014
Okay

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Is A Good Man, Says Amaechi by tonyot(m): 8:16am On Nov 24, 2014
undecided

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Is A Good Man, Says Amaechi by kessgreen(m): 8:19am On Nov 24, 2014
lobatan!!! let the game of thrones begin
Re: President Jonathan Is A Good Man, Says Amaechi by thinkdip(m): 8:23am On Nov 24, 2014
jchima14:
If you rig us out, we would rig ourselves in; which means if you think you can rig us out in 2015, we will form our own government. We have met on that and we have agreed on that.We will instal our own government and there would be two governments.
Source: http://www..com.ng/
With this note up here, I can beat my heart strongly the this APC are behind Nigeria unrest, they want a dismantle nation but they won't get it.. because as soon as GEJ wins they'll say he rigged it and they'll start their "rig&roast", "parallel govt" and a bloody session as they have promised. My pain is just dat some brainwashed citizen are following this people like zombie wey no get brain.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan Is A Good Man, Says Amaechi by focus7: 8:25am On Nov 24, 2014
"Taking government away from Jonathan, he's a good man." Meaning that Jonathan is not capable of government.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan Is A Good Man, Says Amaechi by hardywaltz(m): 8:28am On Nov 24, 2014
Amaechi has always maintained that GEJ is a good man the only people he has problems with are those clowns around him including his busy body wife.

5 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Is A Good Man, Says Amaechi by femicyrus(m): 8:33am On Nov 24, 2014
thinkdip:

With this note up here, I can beat my heart strongly the this APC are behind Nigeria unrest, they want a dismantle nation but they won't get it.. because as soon as GEJ wins they'll say he rigged it and they'll start their "rig&roast", "parallel govt" and a bloody session as they have promised. My pain is just dat some brainwashed citizen are following this people like zombie wey no get brain.
You again?!!
GeJ wins? How? If not rigging
Put your moniker to use, it helps cluelessness

6 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Is A Good Man, Says Amaechi by thinkdip(m): 8:44am On Nov 24, 2014
femicyrus:

You again?!!
So what makes u think he'll loose? The reason y you think he'll loose is not the reason y I think he'll win, my decision is meant for me and not for u to accept or digest, find a better job to do and get paid than looking for my moniker all around NL to quote me.. So Clueless

13 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Is A Good Man, Says Amaechi by Djicemob: 8:51am On Nov 24, 2014
femicyrus:

You again?!!
Just because the dude doesnt subscribe to your opinion,that made him clueless? That was uncalled for,the thread was going good before you came.SMH.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan Is A Good Man, Says Amaechi by oluseyiforjesus(m): 8:53am On Nov 24, 2014
Pls dnt Laugh me ooooo ;wats d meaning of parallel Govt, cos I study medicine n surgery in London........

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Is A Good Man, Says Amaechi by agadamalik(m): 8:54am On Nov 24, 2014
thinkdip:

man of no direction with strong feelings that you are part of our dear country Nigeria problems.may God help your lineage.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Is A Good Man, Says Amaechi by agadamalik(m): 8:55am On Nov 24, 2014
thinkdip:

man of no direction, with strong feelings that you are part of our dear country Nigeria problems.may God help your lineage.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Is A Good Man, Says Amaechi by yuncka: 9:02am On Nov 24, 2014
LoL, he is being selective of his words because he's in Abuja. If he goes back to Portharcot he will continue his normal gabbage spillin.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Is A Good Man, Says Amaechi by datguru: 9:09am On Nov 24, 2014
yuncka:
LoL, he is being selective of his words because he's in Abuja. If he goes back to Portharcot he will continue his normal gabbage spillin.

I think so

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Is A Good Man, Says Amaechi by mrvitalis(m): 10:10am On Nov 24, 2014
Ameachi has always said this and i believe......
...i also believe that if jonathan knows is true performance he will not be contesting again ..but is power hungry wife and selfish advisers will hide the truth from him

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Is A Good Man, Says Amaechi by nairaman66(m): 10:18am On Nov 24, 2014
Hmnnn
Re: President Jonathan Is A Good Man, Says Amaechi by Nobody: 10:22am On Nov 24, 2014
Do people still take Amaechi seriously ? That man is a lose canon na.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Is A Good Man, Says Amaechi by Welder(m): 10:23am On Nov 24, 2014
^ I tell you

I pity APC if he eventually picks the vice-presidential ticket
Re: President Jonathan Is A Good Man, Says Amaechi by phlemzy: 10:24am On Nov 24, 2014
The presidential sphere is oversaturated with overzealous sycophants.
Re: President Jonathan Is A Good Man, Says Amaechi by repogirl(f): 10:59am On Nov 24, 2014
Spitting patua, angry.....lets see how you will form parallel government, you will have to form parallel country too cos in the end na you go run comot! rubbish!

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Is A Good Man, Says Amaechi by gbadexy(m): 11:03am On Nov 24, 2014
The man knows what he is saying about jonathsn being a good man. i dont doubt it too.
However, describing the presidency as a seperate entity from jonathan is simply a. way. of saying he is surrounded by people misleading him, amongst whom i suspect he meant is his wife.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Is A Good Man, Says Amaechi by CzarRex: 11:05am On Nov 24, 2014
[color=#550000][/color] I see APC had just signalled dat d war is on..2015 na war!
Re: President Jonathan Is A Good Man, Says Amaechi by Nobody: 11:12am On Nov 24, 2014
“What is the essence of going to court when the Federal Government don’t obey the law.That’s why the APC say we won’t go to the court any longer. If you rig us out, we would rig ourselves in; which means if you think you can rig us out in 2015, we will form our own government. We have met on that and we have agreed on that.We will instal our own government and there would be two governments.
What an unfortunate statement. I will support the call for alternate government ONLY when the Court pronounced that PDP rigged, should quit and their failure to quit is enough to support popular alternative government like it was done in Cote'd Voire 2011(that is should INEC declare PDP winner). Anyway, I see APC and Specifically Buhari being announced winner in Feb 15 next year. Buhari Remains Our Man
Re: President Jonathan Is A Good Man, Says Amaechi by chijoy7(f): 11:50am On Nov 24, 2014
yuncka:
seconded
Re: President Jonathan Is A Good Man, Says Amaechi by Nobody: 2:02pm On Nov 24, 2014
Re: President Jonathan Is A Good Man, Says Amaechi by 99100(m): 2:57pm On Nov 24, 2014
Amaechi the Psychopath.
Re: President Jonathan Is A Good Man, Says Amaechi by Blackfire(m): 3:38pm On Nov 24, 2014
rotimi amechi an igbo proverb says he that insult his brother in the market place,is also insulting himself
Re: President Jonathan Is A Good Man, Says Amaechi by abacrested(f): 4:34pm On Nov 24, 2014
What makes Amechi think that APC must definitely win in 2015,what makes him believe all nigerians will vote his Party? Apc has more Corrupt ex - PDP members which means all they want is power. As for me and my family, we will vote GEJ at least to let these arrogant party understand that we nigerians are now wiser. Amechi talks just because he has a mouth,he does not think before he talks which shows he's going down

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Is A Good Man, Says Amaechi by Bennyberry(m): 6:37pm On Nov 24, 2014
Hmmm
Re: President Jonathan Is A Good Man, Says Amaechi by Bennyberry(m): 6:37pm On Nov 24, 2014
U can be a good lady but also be a bad wife.So we must learn to seperate MR GOODLUCK JONATHAN AND PRESIDENT GOODLUCK JONATHAN..2persons in one man# In Darey's voice.*u are not the MAN i used to knw.U are the shadow of ur self*
i personally love Mr GEJ but it doesnt mean i must love his goverment.
Re: President Jonathan Is A Good Man, Says Amaechi by Crocz(m): 6:41pm On Nov 24, 2014
In Lord Tywin Lannister's Voice "#JonaIsF*ckedCome2015

(1) (2) (Reply)

Timipriye Silva To Head Buhari's Transition Commitee: Same Thing All Over Again. / Full Profile Of Mahmud Yakubu: The Newly Sworn-in INEC Chairman / ##############

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.