Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:59 AM

A Lot Of Stories And Verses In The Bible Were Copied From Another Religion - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Lot Of Stories And Verses In The Bible Were Copied From Another Religion (9698 Views)

Top 10 Most Popular Verses In The Bible / 10 Types Of People Who Search For Bible Verses In Church. / Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Lot Of Stories And Verses In The Bible Were Copied From Another Religion by asala1: 9:00am On Nov 26, 2014
lrguru:
u too! How? So u believe in Heaven and hell too?

I don't know, I haven't been there too. Just read about it in the Bible just like you did. Then I wonder why should people go to hell to burn forever.
Re: A Lot Of Stories And Verses In The Bible Were Copied From Another Religion by Nobody: 9:07am On Nov 26, 2014
asala1:

I don't know, I haven't been there too. Just read about it in the Bible just like you did. Then I wonder why should people go to hell to burn forever.
hell is for those that disobey GOD and make the devil their master
Re: A Lot Of Stories And Verses In The Bible Were Copied From Another Religion by johnydon22(m): 9:29am On Nov 26, 2014
lrguru:

and how did u know? you have actually being there or because a book said so
Re: A Lot Of Stories And Verses In The Bible Were Copied From Another Religion by asala1: 9:35am On Nov 26, 2014
lrguru:

We all disobey God in one way or the other. We do this everytime. Sometimes I asked, will all those who are not Christians burn in hell?
Re: A Lot Of Stories And Verses In The Bible Were Copied From Another Religion by cedric24: 12:18pm On Nov 26, 2014
ayo84:

no one is picking on him.... i wont be proud of someone if his story was merely copied from over 8 ppl before him ... it wud make it look like a pattern.. and guess what .. all similar deities were picked on ..

Even our sane minds, if well educated, should reveal all the flaws of the bible, and other holy texts. Look at the large gulf that separate practices from beliefs and doctrines. Look at how our egos take the place of common sense. No christian has achieved "righteousness" let alone even can do good consistently enough except for selfish reasons yet you hear preachers sing songs of how righteous a christian should/can be. Compare the level of morality between, a country like, say Japan and America, for example. I dare not say Nigeria because even the devil may be considered more morally pure than a Nigerian Man of God, or members. Now, you look, people don't talk about mercy, love and forgiveness once their egos are involved. Even animals without a visible sense of consciousness of a deity are more good-minded than us. Monkeys love themselves. How much do humans love themselves? We do not need to trace these obtrusive religions to ancient times before we can discern their falsehood. Common sense already can decipher the truth.

1 Like

Re: A Lot Of Stories And Verses In The Bible Were Copied From Another Religion by cedric24: 12:22pm On Nov 26, 2014
Kentox:
End time tins... Be careful with your faith!

the only end time is that christians and moslems that only know religion without knowledge of the real world they live in will die in ignorance and their souls will remain disturbed and lost until they through pains and struggle get to know the simple truth that has remain elusive to them in this life.
Re: A Lot Of Stories And Verses In The Bible Were Copied From Another Religion by cedric24: 12:32pm On Nov 26, 2014
Maamin:

That they are before him is not enough evidence to categorically base ur queries on Jesus, besides how comes these so called 8 people are not copying one another too?..hun undecided

They all copied. Even the ancient Egyptian religion that Christianity copied heavily from is also a lie. Man always has this inkling that there has to be a God, powers, ghosts or something. The quest for power over fellow humans, fear and all sorts of avarice, and also for some good reasons too led our ancestors to take what they do no understand as sacred and holy. Clever writers, performers, poets, monarchies and other authorities created gods, angels and deities giving them story lines that have come to sound plausible and miraculous to people that will read about them later. They are simply myths that the unscientific mind fail to question and accepted as truth. Lies repeated over many years often become truth. The only way to know the truth is to subject them to rigorous test. This requires well and thoroughly educated and liberated minds.
Re: A Lot Of Stories And Verses In The Bible Were Copied From Another Religion by Weah96: 12:32pm On Nov 26, 2014
cedric24:

Even our sane minds, if well educated, should reveal all the flaws of the bible, and other holy texts. Look at the large gulf that separate practices from beliefs and doctrines.

Thumbs up for you my brother.

Normal people will not drive through a police roadblock with an opened bottle of Jack Daniels sitting in the cup holder. They know that the police will be looking for infractions like that.

But these Muslims and Christians expect me to believe that their Gods exist, even though they tell lies just like everyone else?

If God was real, and people KNEW it, their behavior would bear witness.

2 Likes

Re: A Lot Of Stories And Verses In The Bible Were Copied From Another Religion by cedric24: 12:52pm On Nov 26, 2014
lrguru:
I have never been to any before, but the BIBLE said so, and the BIBLE is GOD'S Word, which is the TRUTH

the bible is not God's word. It was written by men like you and me. The bible is full of many stupid and evil things it claims God did on behalf of the Jewish people. God killed women, children and young people for the sake of Israel. The God of the bible supported slavery. David after the heart of God after all those atrocities? That one na God? The bible can't stand a rigorous test. Jesus never existed. There are more evidences denying his existence than otherwise. The apostles were not real. Christianity was started by King Philip and expounded by Alexander, they call the great. He wasn't really great because he was a mass murderer. He started wars where there was peace and prosperity. The guy destroyed ancient Egyptian civilization and religion. The then Egypt was prosperous, "democratic" and has a thriving religion that bonded the people together in peace and unity. They destroyed both the religion and the civilization and copy from it what is now called Christianity and Islam in turn copy from the holy bible and added it's own atrocities and other "good" stuffs. All plagiarized! They all have similar origin, although Mohammed existed, so they say. That is the only truth in the Qur'an, the rest is falsehood.

1 Like

Re: A Lot Of Stories And Verses In The Bible Were Copied From Another Religion by Maamin(m): 1:14pm On Nov 26, 2014
cedric24:

[s]They all copied. Even the ancient Egyptian religion that Christianity copied heavily from is also a lie.[/s] Man always has this inkling that there has to be a God, powers, ghosts or something. The quest for power over fellow humans, fear and all sorts of avarice, and also for some good reasons too led our ancestors to take what they do no understand as sacred and holy. Clever writers, performers, poets, monarchies and other authorities created gods, angels and deities giving them story lines that have come to sound plausible and miraculous to people that will read about them later. They are simply myths that the unscientific mind fail to question and accepted as truth. Lies repeated over many years often become truth. The only way to know the truth is to subject them to rigorous test. This requires well and thoroughly educated and liberated minds.

Remember that for something to be copied from somewhere there got to be original, in other words if you cant provide us with original then you need to zip it lipsrsealed..@bolded

Your myopic sense of reasoning cant be regarded as the well and thoroughly educated and liberated mind.

If you were into real natural science then you should know that there is God sad
Re: A Lot Of Stories And Verses In The Bible Were Copied From Another Religion by johnydon22(m): 1:22pm On Nov 26, 2014
lol... the original is simply the one that predates the others... that still doesnt mean the original is true..
Re: A Lot Of Stories And Verses In The Bible Were Copied From Another Religion by johnydon22(m): 1:25pm On Nov 26, 2014
Maamin:

Remember that for something to be copied from somewhere there got to be original, in other words if you cant provide us with original then you need to zip it lipsrsealed..@bolded

Your myopic sense of reasoning cant be regarded as the well and thoroughly educated and liberated mind.

If you were into real natural science then you should know that there is God sad

lol the original is simply the one that predates all the others, but still that doesnt mean the original is true tho. . . .
anyways which God exactly is in existence? horus, krishina, osiris, yahweh, allah, zeus, poseidon which of them please?

1 Like

Re: A Lot Of Stories And Verses In The Bible Were Copied From Another Religion by Maamin(m): 1:39pm On Nov 26, 2014
cedric24:

the only end time is that christians and moslems that only know religion without knowledge of the real world they live in will die in ignorance and their souls will remain disturbed and lost until they through pains and struggle get to know the simple truth that has remain elusive to them in this life.

Dont sweat it bro, christianity is not a religion grin

If u have the slightest knowledge of the real world u will believe in the supernatural and spiritual..the bible says:

Romans.1:20
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Hebrew 11:3
3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

Now that is faith for u grin
Re: A Lot Of Stories And Verses In The Bible Were Copied From Another Religion by Maamin(m): 1:42pm On Nov 26, 2014
johnydon22:

lol [b]the original [/b]is simply the one that predates all the others, but still that doesnt mean the original is true tho. . . .
anyways which God exactly is in existence? horus, krishina, osiris, yahweh, allah, zeus, poseidon which of them please?

Where is the so called [size=18pt]original? [/size] shocked angry
Re: A Lot Of Stories And Verses In The Bible Were Copied From Another Religion by johnydon22(m): 1:47pm On Nov 26, 2014
Maamin:

Where is the so called original shocked angry

lmao.. the egyptian jagons bro. . . . deal with it. you cannot tell me the egyptians copied from urs when theirs predates urs by numerous centuries.... lol. . .

you still havent tell me which God is in existence!!!
Re: A Lot Of Stories And Verses In The Bible Were Copied From Another Religion by Maamin(m): 1:54pm On Nov 26, 2014
johnydon22:

lmao.. the egyptian jagons bro. . . . deal with it. you cannot tell me the egyptians copied from urs when theirs predates urs by numerous centuries.... lol. . .

you still havent tell me which God is in existence!!!

Where is [size=18pt]Theirs?[/size] undecided
Re: A Lot Of Stories And Verses In The Bible Were Copied From Another Religion by italo: 1:57pm On Nov 26, 2014
cedric24:

They all copied. Even the ancient Egyptian religion that Christianity copied heavily from is also a lie. Man always has this inkling that there has to be a God, powers, ghosts or something. The quest for power over fellow humans, fear and all sorts of avarice, and also for some good reasons too led our ancestors to take what they do no understand as sacred and holy. Clever writers, performers, poets, monarchies and other authorities created gods, angels and deities giving them story lines that have come to sound plausible and miraculous to people that will read about them later. They are simply myths that the unscientific mind fail to question and accepted as truth. Lies repeated over many years often become truth. The only way to know the truth is to subject them to rigorous test. This requires well and thoroughly educated and liberated minds.

Do you have proof that the story of Jesus never happened and was copied from other false stories? Then present it.

Otherwise, you'd pass for an unscientific mind that fails to question what you hold as true. An uneducated and unliberated mind.
Re: A Lot Of Stories And Verses In The Bible Were Copied From Another Religion by italo: 2:00pm On Nov 26, 2014
Maamin:

Where is [size=18pt]Theirs?[/size] undecided
I too want to know.

They foolishly believe anything their fellow Atheists put on the internet...then accuse others of blind faith. smiley

1 Like

Re: A Lot Of Stories And Verses In The Bible Were Copied From Another Religion by Maamin(m): 2:09pm On Nov 26, 2014
italo:
I too want to know.

They foolishly believe anything their fellow Atheists put on the internet...then accuse others of blind faith. smiley

Deranged set of homo-sapiens with reprobate minds grin
Re: A Lot Of Stories And Verses In The Bible Were Copied From Another Religion by Weah96: 2:38pm On Nov 26, 2014
italo:

Do you have proof that the story of Jesus never happened and was copied from other false stories?.

Virgins don't give birth, dead people stay DEAD. There goes the entire STORY of Jesus.

I call that unequivocal proof. Show me a recent resurrection anywhere, or a pregnant virgin without a human baby daddy, and then you got me.
Re: A Lot Of Stories And Verses In The Bible Were Copied From Another Religion by BossTtdiamonds(m): 2:42pm On Nov 26, 2014
italo:
I too want to know.

Exactly my bro...
Re: A Lot Of Stories And Verses In The Bible Were Copied From Another Religion by BossTtdiamonds(m): 2:49pm On Nov 26, 2014
Weah96:

Virgins don't give birth, dead people stay DEAD. There goes the entire STORY of Jesus.

I call that unequivocal proof. Show me a recent resurrection anywhere, or a pregnant virgin without a human baby daddy, and then you got me.

Do you believe in abiogenesis...??
There goes your answer...
Re: A Lot Of Stories And Verses In The Bible Were Copied From Another Religion by italo: 2:57pm On Nov 26, 2014
Weah96:

That is no proof that Jesus wasn't born of a virgin and his story was copied from other stories.

It's you who has things to "show," not me.

You're the one backing a claim.
Re: A Lot Of Stories And Verses In The Bible Were Copied From Another Religion by italo: 3:01pm On Nov 26, 2014
BossTtdiamonds:

Dont go that far. This one is one of the less intelligent ones.

If you task his brain too much and he gets confused, he will start insulting God...thinking the insults will make God cease to exist.

He did it last week.

2 Likes

Re: A Lot Of Stories And Verses In The Bible Were Copied From Another Religion by BossTtdiamonds(m): 3:11pm On Nov 26, 2014
italo:

If you task his brain too much and he gets confused, he will start insulting God...thinking the insults will make God cease to exist.

He did it last week.

Wow... You seems to know them much more than I do... We can only pray for them....
Re: A Lot Of Stories And Verses In The Bible Were Copied From Another Religion by Weah96: 4:15pm On Nov 26, 2014
BossTtdiamonds:

No.
Re: A Lot Of Stories And Verses In The Bible Were Copied From Another Religion by Weah96: 4:20pm On Nov 26, 2014
italo:

He did it last week.

Jesus/God/Yahweh doesn't exist because you are a f)cking LIAR.

If God was real, and you KNEW, you wouldn't tell lies EVER. So fukk off!

Was it not you who lied here and told me that people hang themselves from their ankles to commit suicide? You and Jesus need some alone time. In a cheap motel room.
Re: A Lot Of Stories And Verses In The Bible Were Copied From Another Religion by Maamin(m): 4:53pm On Nov 26, 2014
They think they are wise...infact an intelligent person wont disregard the existence of a creator(God). Only The laws of uncertainty is a big stumbling block for them grin

@BossTtdiamonds dont go that far jare! That dude does not understand biogenesis.
Re: A Lot Of Stories And Verses In The Bible Were Copied From Another Religion by Weah96: 5:29pm On Nov 26, 2014
Maamin:
They think they are wise...infact an intelligent person wont disregard the existence of a creator(God). Only The laws of uncertainty is a big stumbling block for them grin

@BossTtdiamonds dont go that far jare! That dude does not understand biogenesis.

I have a master's in cell biology from Georgia State University. I also graduated from Clayton State University with an undergraduate degree in biology.
Re: A Lot Of Stories And Verses In The Bible Were Copied From Another Religion by Androgynous: 5:45pm On Nov 26, 2014
fire purifies gold but sawdust is burnt to ashes

you carry your heaven n hell within you

...but ...

whatever you know yourself to be is what determines your present continuous situation

be that heaven or hell
Re: A Lot Of Stories And Verses In The Bible Were Copied From Another Religion by Maamin(m): 6:36pm On Nov 26, 2014
Weah96:

I have a master's in cell biology from Georgia State University. I also graduated from Clayton State University with an undergraduate degree in biology.

Wow..congratulations! But never understood the pre-eminence of life and all things grin
Re: A Lot Of Stories And Verses In The Bible Were Copied From Another Religion by Maamin(m): 6:38pm On Nov 26, 2014
Androgynous:
fire purifies gold but sawdust is burnt to ashes

you carry your heaven n hell within you

...but ...

whatever you know yourself to be is what determines your present continuous situation

be that heaven or hell

Are we on the same page at all? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? / Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? / Is It Compulsory For Born Agains To Speak In Tongue?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.