Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,904 members, 7,802,931 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:57 AM

Nigerians At Home Are More Fulfilled Than Those Abroad- By Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerians At Home Are More Fulfilled Than Those Abroad- By Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu (5043 Views)

Photos Of The Girl With Half-body At Home With Her Family In Kano / My Husband Has Finally Fulfilled his fantasy of having a thr3esom&e / Proposal For Those Abroad From An Honest Unemployed Youth,,, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians At Home Are More Fulfilled Than Those Abroad- By Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu by exposureworld: 12:45pm On Nov 24, 2014
Nigerians At Home are More Fulfilled And Successful Than Those Abroad

- A Recent Lecture By - Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu (2014) A Washington DC-based Senior Consultant on Information Management (International Development). He is the Founder/ Director of ImoOnline Youth Entrepreneurship Development Program, Owerri Imo State (A guarantee of US Embassy, Abuja) .. [url] http://www.imoonline.org/ [/url]

The post is published with permission. If you have any question please contact the speaker directory at: gnwaogwugwu@imoonline.org

My Conclusion:

Nigerians who graduate, but stay back in Nigeria and steadily build one career or business over a long period of time, eventually achieve success and are better off than their colleagues who travel abroad.

The Comparison Between Achieving Success Abroad And In Nigeria- Two Scenarios:

It’s the desire for immediate gratification rather than of life-fulfillment that force many Nigerians to travel abroad. For instance, when two graduates leave school in Nigeria, and one travels to say Spain or Sweden while the other stays back in Nigeria, the one who traveled out starts off almost immediately doing menial jobs, ships one or two cars home, starts building a housing and perhaps rushes back after few years to marry. Nigerians generally applaud that fast-lane and use phrases to describe the immediate success. However, his colleague back home who probably secures a job at a starting salary say in the bank, civil service, or as a lecturer usually starts off struggling with life and finances. Nigerians don’t like that slow path to wealth. However, take a stock after 15 years, most of the people who traveled abroad are still struggling with career, normally saddled with huge debts and often marital problems, which become very big draw-backs to them in late stages of life, while their colleagues who started out in Nigeria as bankers are now stable as a senior level Managers, the civil servants become Directors, and the Lecturers, probably Associate Professors. In addition, in most cases the people who stayed back home have made names with more stable families, and less debts.

Success and Fulfillment Are Long –term?

I have to point out that most developed countries (abroad) have better security, better quality of life, better public schools, better Medicare, longer life-span, and easier access to cheaper foods and transportation. However, these are what everybody else enjoy and don’t guarantee any personal fulfillment/ success. The simple fact is that majority of Nigerians abroad live complaining, which is very unhealthy. Some are aging and not fulfilled because apart from nice pictures they took with beautiful dresses in a good weather abroad, a house they managed to buy either broad or at home, and nice food they ate, etc you can read the tales and lines of sadness, lack of fulfillment, and disappointment in their faces. The biggest contributor, which most people found out late, is (according to the Bible) they will be remembered as ‘Be-getter’s’ (The father of…or people who just lived). They will leave no popular name, no stories, no legacies, and nothing tangible to be remembered for. ..they simply lived and raised their kids! The much talked about wealth they accumulated are easily plunged back to the societies, where they lived as college school fees for kids, servicing debts, and retirement upkeep.

Therefore, if how you measure success is based how fulfilled someone is and how happy someone is today, then most Africans abroad will rank as some of the most unfulfilled and unsuccessful people. However, if you rank it according to how good and peaceful the environment you live in is, most Africans back home will fair very badly.

How Nigerians Can Build Fulfillment in Nigeria:

If only Nigerians in Africa can actually live a little more like Africans, where every household had its own farm, garden, livestock and depended less on cash to buy food, if they can go back to the deep family values Africans are known for (A man cares for his wife and kids first), if they can invest in African-styled entertainment – a continent of songs, dances, music, festivals and celebrations, if they will look well before following the wagon of capitalism, where success is measured by material acquisitions (cars, jets, houses, clothing, flamboyance) and the competition between the ‘Have’s and ‘Have-nots’ bring unnecessary stress, depression, fear of failure, divisions, greed, strife, wars, etc , where alien standards must be followed and met, then Nigerians and African’s in general can rank as some of the most successful people in the world.

- Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu (2014)

A Washington DC-based Senior Consultant on Information Management (International Development). He is the Founder/ Director of ImoOnline Youth Entrepreneurship Development Program, Owerri Imo State (A guarantee of US Embassy, Abuja) .
[url] http://www.imoonline.org/ [/url]

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians At Home Are More Fulfilled Than Those Abroad- By Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu by KanwuliaJara: 12:46pm On Nov 24, 2014
Only for those who call BIAFRICA home! grin

Nigerians who graduate, but stay back in Nigeria and steadily build one career or business over a long period of time, eventually achieve success and are better off than their colleagues who travel abroad.

Even where so called graduates cannot spell their names!
Even where the unemployment rate keeps increasing for so-called graduates!
Even as the educational system in Nigeria can be described as 'YAHOOIST' at best!

EVEN AS THE SO-CALLED LEARNED PROFESSOR WHO WROTE THE ARTICLE IS STILL OUT OF NIGERIA!

[size=20pt]A Washington DC-based Senior Consultant on Information Management (International Development).[/size] He is the Founder/ Director of ImoOnline Youth Entrepreneurship Development Program, Owerri Imo State (A guarantee of US Embassy, Abuja)

Ha! grin

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians At Home Are More Fulfilled Than Those Abroad- By Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu by ifaoni(m): 12:49pm On Nov 24, 2014
Re: Nigerians At Home Are More Fulfilled Than Those Abroad- By Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu by bigheart2013(m): 1:00pm On Nov 24, 2014
KanwuliaJara:
Only for those who call BIAFRICA home! grin

Even where so called graduates cannot spell their names!
Even where the unemployment rate keeps increasing for so-called graduates!
Even as the educational system in Nigeria can be described as 'YAHOOIST' at best!

EVEN AS THE SO-CALLED LEARNED PROFESSOR WHO WROTE THE ARTICLE IS STILL OUT OF NIGERIA!

Ha! grin

@ KanwuliaJara, I really don't quite agree with every part of your comment. One who has lived it and experienced both sides of a story tells it better. Therefore, the writer living abroad even gives more credibility to his assumptions because he is writing from first-hand experience. Even if one failed, there's nothing bad in sharing that experience with others as a service to humility. That's actually what Consultants are (experts in a field they have experience in, not by studies only).

Having said that, i think u're right about the collapsing everything in Nigeria from education, hospitals to security. How could anyone function successfully there?

9 Likes

Re: Nigerians At Home Are More Fulfilled Than Those Abroad- By Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu by KanwuliaJara: 1:03pm On Nov 24, 2014
bigheart2013:

@ KanwuliaJara, I really don't quite agree with every part of your comment. One who has lived it and experienced both sides of a story tells it better. Therefore, the writer living abroad even gives more credibility to his assumptions because he is writing from first-hand experience. Even if one failed, there's nothing bad in sharing that experience with others as a service to humility. That's actually what Consultants are (experts in a field they have experience in, not by studies only).

Having said that, i think u're right about the collapsing everything in Nigeria from education, hospitals to security. How could anyone function successfully there?

Fair enough.

The bottom line is that it smacks of hypocrisy for one who is based abroad to tell others not to aspire to leave for greener pastures.
If the 'good prof' never spent time outside Nigeria, would he have known the difference? undecided

How many of his own children did he send back to Nigeria to rebuild an ever SINKING SHIP called NIGERIA? cheesy

What a PEDAGOGUE! angry

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians At Home Are More Fulfilled Than Those Abroad- By Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu by Pavore9: 1:08pm On Nov 24, 2014
l think this is a blanket assumption. l believe each one of us has a route which we must travel through to achieve that fulfilment and that may not necessarily mean spending one's lifetime in a particular geographical location.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians At Home Are More Fulfilled Than Those Abroad- By Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu by bigheart2013(m): 1:12pm On Nov 24, 2014
Sir,

I've read most of ur works littered everywhere on the internet & on Amazon.com. I started following keenly after u ignited a very lively discussion here on Igbo culture. I have a lot of respect for you and ur works. However, on this ur latest work, I am a bit concerned about the effect of current insecurity and fear on the psyche of people that even negates the so-called fulfillment and success in Nigeria. I have always seen my colleagues in Nigeria 'doing far better' than I'm yet they still want to relocate abroad if given the chance based on the 2 issues i raised, so you didn't actually harp on the issue of quality of life as it affects success/fulfillment

All the same, my respect sir, and more ink to ur pen...I value your contributions to knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians At Home Are More Fulfilled Than Those Abroad- By Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu by KanwuliaJara: 1:21pm On Nov 24, 2014
Igbo culture? undecided
What is that?
I should have known!
Delusional. . . .ALWAYS!
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!!!! cheesy

Nothing to do with family section. . . . PLEASE RELOCATE!
Thanks! kiss
Re: Nigerians At Home Are More Fulfilled Than Those Abroad- By Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu by Woged2005(f): 1:25pm On Nov 24, 2014
Hmmmmmm! (long pause).....walai talai sometime I feel like going back home bc dem no tell me well about this yankee land say water full garri, no be small.

Anyhow there are some truth in the write-up, however people who were very poor and needy back in Nigeria b4 they waka travel abroad will forever thank God for traveling abroad even if they're washing plates abroad, at least they can eat and own a car. On the other hand people who were doing well in Nigeria will find life abroad very messed up...walai! Some people want more from life than just food, fine clothes, neat car, and nice environment. such people are the group this article is talking to.

As for me I don tire with this yankee sef! God punish BH!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians At Home Are More Fulfilled Than Those Abroad- By Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu by bennyrazz: 1:27pm On Nov 24, 2014
Re: Nigerians At Home Are More Fulfilled Than Those Abroad- By Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu by KanwuliaJara: 1:30pm On Nov 24, 2014
However, take a stock after 15 years, most of the people who traveled abroad are still struggling with career, normally saddled with huge debts and often marital problems, which become very big draw-backs to them in late stages of life, while their colleagues who started out in Nigeria as bankers are now stable as a senior level Managers, the civil servants become Directors, and the Lecturers, probably Associate Professors. In addition, in most cases the people who stayed back home have made names with more stable families, and less debts.

Omo!
See GOBE! shocked

1 Like

Re: Nigerians At Home Are More Fulfilled Than Those Abroad- By Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu by KanwuliaJara: 1:32pm On Nov 24, 2014
I have to point out that most developed countries (abroad) have better security, better quality of life, better public schools, better Medicare, longer life-span, and easier access to cheaper foods and transportation. However, these are what everybody else enjoy and don’t guarantee any personal fulfillment/ success. The simple fact is that majority of Nigerians abroad live complaining, which is very unhealthy. Some are aging and not fulfilled because apart from nice pictures they took with beautiful dresses in a good weather abroad, a house they managed to buy either broad or at home, and nice food they ate, etc you can read the tales and lines of sadness, lack of fulfillment, and disappointment in their faces.

Na lie e
Na lie e
NA PINOCHIO!!!! grin
Re: Nigerians At Home Are More Fulfilled Than Those Abroad- By Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu by bigheart2013(m): 1:36pm On Nov 24, 2014
KanwuliaJara:
Igbo culture? undecided
What is that?
I should have known!
Delusional. . . .ALWAYS!
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!!!! cheesy

Nothing to do with family section. . . . PLEASE RELOCATE!
Thanks! kiss

Okay @KanwuliaJara, DISCLAIMER: I supported some things u wrote on ur earlier post but I dissociate myself from name-calling and prejudices against a tribe, a group, or a class. Let's keep it professional. By the way I'm not Igbo but Nigeria is our country (Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba, Efik, Ibibio, Itsoko, Tiv, Fulani, etc). I don't have to limit myself to reading posts from one tribe only...then should I walk out of a class taught by an Igbo Lecturer because I'm not Igbo?
Re: Nigerians At Home Are More Fulfilled Than Those Abroad- By Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu by KanwuliaJara: 1:37pm On Nov 24, 2014
Therefore, if how you measure success is based how fulfilled someone is and how happy someone is today, then most Africans abroad will rank as some of the most unfulfilled and unsuccessful people. However, if you rank it according to how good and peaceful the environment you live in is, most Africans back home will fair very badly.

Only because AFRICA FAILED THEM and keeps failing them! kiss
If the 'ones' in your so-called AFRICA can't build YOUR AFRICA. . .
Why then do you think the 'exilees' by choice can come home and do just that? grin

HOW MANY DISGRUNTLED AFRICANS have moved back home and RETURNED. . . .BACK TO THE DIASPORA WITH TALES OF WOE? cheesy
Hunger nearly killed ALL OF THEM! grin
THEY LOST EVERYTHING, including HOPE! grin
They learned their lessons well! cheesy
Re: Nigerians At Home Are More Fulfilled Than Those Abroad- By Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu by KanwuliaJara: 1:43pm On Nov 24, 2014
If only Nigerians in Africa can actually live a little more like Africans, [b]where every household had its own farm, garden, livestock and depended less on cash to buy food, if they can go back to the deep family values Africans are known for (A man cares for his wife and kids first), if they can invest in African-styled entertainment – a continent of songs, dances, music, festivals and celebrations, if they will look well before following the wagon of capitalism, where success is measured by material acquisitions (cars, jets, houses, clothing, flamboyance) and the competition between the ‘Have’s and ‘Have-nots’ bring unnecessary stress, depression, fear of failure, divisions, greed, strife, wars, etc , where alien standards must be followed and met, then Nigerians and African’s in general can rank as some of the most successful people in the world.[/b]

Yeah right!
With awon DAVIDO and co wey make YORUBA mouth like [size=20pt]'FROM TARZANYAAAAAN TO LAGOS'?[/size] grin
Make you send these ones go back to farm first ke!

OOOLYHOOOO!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8h0G3wrH7s
Re: Nigerians At Home Are More Fulfilled Than Those Abroad- By Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu by KanwuliaJara: 1:47pm On Nov 24, 2014
bigheart2013:

Okay @KanwuliaJara, DISCLAIMER: I supported some things u wrote on ur earlier post but I dissociate myself from name-calling and prejudices against a tribe, a group, or a class. Let's keep it professional. By the way I'm not Igbo but Nigeria is our country (Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba, Efik, Ibibio, Itsoko, Tiv, Fulani, etc). I don't have to limit myself to reading posts from one tribe only...then should I walk out of a class taught by an Igbo Lecturer because I'm not Igbo?

That is not the point!
Don't quote me out of context.
The writer is talking about AFRICA as a whole.
Na YOU bring tribe into this discussion abi? undecided

Sure! Let us keep it professional.

This has nothing to do with any tribe. . . and affects AFRICA as a whole! kiss

Simple!
Re: Nigerians At Home Are More Fulfilled Than Those Abroad- By Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu by Woged2005(f): 1:49pm On Nov 24, 2014
KanwuliaJara:

Only because AFRICA FAILED THEM and keeps failing them! kiss
If the 'ones' in your so-called AFRICA can't build YOUR AFRICA. . .
Why then do you think the 'exilees' by choice can come home and do just that? grin

HOW MANY DISGRUNTLED AFRICANS have moved back home and RETURNED. . . .BACK TO THE DIASPORA WITH TALES OF WOE? cheesy
Hunger nearly killed ALL OF THEM! grin
THEY LOST EVERYTHING, including HOPE! grin
They learned their lessons well! cheesy

Sista u're not 100% correct, ma. There're several successful stories of many Africans who got fade up of the cycle of debt & credit cards abroad and packed their bags back home who are today doing excellently well and even come on vacation with their families to abroad. The point you made that is right is that there are problems back home so there are people Nigeria won't favor even if u make dem MD of a bank. There are also millions of people the country is working for. So let some of us who live abroad stop thinking we are generally better off than those back home.

However, the writer's yardstick was 'long-term assessment (after 15 years)' . Honestly, I can tell u that somehow he is right. I know what my friends back home who joined banks, parastatals, oil companies, lecturing etc have become today...we still dey here dey fill timesheets.. cry cry

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians At Home Are More Fulfilled Than Those Abroad- By Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu by KanwuliaJara: 1:55pm On Nov 24, 2014
Woged2005:

Sista u're not 100% correct, ma. There're several successful stories of many Africans who got fade fed up of the cycle of debt & credit cards abroad and packed their bags back home who are today doing excellently well and even come on vacation with their families to abroad. The point you made that is write is that there are problems back home so there people Nigeria won't favor even if u make dem MD of a bank. There are always millions of people the country is working for. So let some of us who live abroad think we are generally better off than those back home.

However, the writer's yardstick was 'long-term assessment (after 15 years)' . Honestly, I can tell u that somehow he is right. I know what my friends back home who joined banks, parastatals, oil companies, lecturing etc have become today...we still dey here dey fill timesheets.. cry cry

Your friends may have told you they joined oil companies, banks and all that jazzz. . . DID YOU GO TO CONFIRM? grin
If you came to the civilized world to rack up credit card debts. . . it only means one thing. . .YOU ARE LIVING ABOVE YOUR MEANS. kiss
If your idea of joining 'POLITHIEVES' is a yardmark of success. . . . undecided
I personally know people who have been disappointed about going home and had to BEG FOR MONEY TO PURCHASE PLANE TICKETS to escape NIGERIA!!! I can count 5!!!

Now. . . what kinds of jobs do these 'progressives' do without joining a LOOTACRACY? grin

You people can only fool FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLS. . .who are very ignorant of the socio-economic climate in AFRICA. . .AKA WHO KNOW MAN CULT!

Until I can see one individual who has not been initiated into the the Lootocratic cult of governmental thieves. . . . you fail to make any valid point here.

PROVE IT! kiss

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians At Home Are More Fulfilled Than Those Abroad- By Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu by KanwuliaJara: 2:07pm On Nov 24, 2014
They will leave no popular name, no stories, no legacies, and nothing tangible to be remembered for. ..they simply lived and raised their kids! The much talked about wealth they accumulated are easily plunged back to the societies, where they lived as college school fees for kids, servicing debts, and retirement upkeep

WTF?
So this is AFRICAN CULTURE? grin
How won't you go broke. . . when all you want to do is COMPETE WITH YOUR NEIGHBOUR? cheesy
Yep! Move back if you want. . . I AIN'T! kiss

This dude must be talking about 'TAXI DRIVERS' and "OKPOROKO SELLERS UNION" OF AMERICA! grin
Please, speak for yourself o!

25 YEARS IN AMERICA. . .I DON'T OWE ONE DAMN CREDIT CARD. . . THAT I CANNOT PAY IN A MONTH!!!
My bills are less than $2000 every month.

MY CHILDREN WILL GO TO PUBLIC SCHOOLS. . . .AND WORK FOR THEIR OWN MONEY!

I am living the life. . . with not a care in the world! cool

DO NOT SPEAK FOR ME!

You learn to cut your coat according to YOUR CLOTH! kiss

Thanks! kiss
Re: Nigerians At Home Are More Fulfilled Than Those Abroad- By Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu by MadCow1: 2:09pm On Nov 24, 2014
Nigeria?!

This Man has obviously not lived in France..
Re: Nigerians At Home Are More Fulfilled Than Those Abroad- By Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu by KanwuliaJara: 2:13pm On Nov 24, 2014
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/15-tycoons-who-won-t-leave-their-fortunes-to-their-kids-195610442.html

[size=20pt]15 Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes to Their Kids[/size]
Business Insider By Megan Willett
August 20, 2013 3:56 PM

Proud to be an AMERICAN! cool

Na who give all these people name and legacy? grin
Re: Nigerians At Home Are More Fulfilled Than Those Abroad- By Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu by Woged2005(f): 2:20pm On Nov 24, 2014
KanwuliaJara:

Your friends may have told you they joined oil companies, banks and all that jazzz. . . DID YOU GO TO CONFIRM? grin
If you came to the civilized world to rack up credit card debts. . . it only means one thing. . .YOU ARE LIVING ABOVE YOUR MEANS. kiss
If your idea of joining 'POLITHIEVES' is a yardmark of success. . . . undecided
I personally know people who have been disappointed about going home and had to BEG FOR MONEY TO PURCHASE PLANE TICKETS to escape NIGERIA!!! I can count 5!!!

Now. . . what kinds of jobs do these 'progressives' do without joining a LOOTACRACY? grin

You people can only fool FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLS. . .who are very ignorant of the socio-economic climate in AFRICA. . .AKA WHO KNOW MAN CULT!

Until I can see one individual who has not been initiated into the the Lootocratic cult of governmental thieves. . . . you fail to make any valid point here.

PROVE IT! kiss

Hmmm! Abeg! I beg to differ. All my siblings are back home none has ever been in politics or held a political position, yet they are all better off and visit abroad at will and go back. All my friends I talked about none is a politician, I visit Nigeria every year and visit some of them and their families..they basically have everything we have here and even more in their homes. Pls note that international staff in Nigeria earn same as their colleagues abroad but spend less of it... also some banks in Nigeria are known to pay higher than banks in USA for same positions, same as some oil corporations in Nigeria (these are not politicians)....I think it depends on the type of people you interact with.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians At Home Are More Fulfilled Than Those Abroad- By Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu by bigheart2013(m): 2:28pm On Nov 24, 2014
KanwuliaJara:

WTF?
So this is AFRICAN CULTURE? grin
How won't you go broke. . . when all you want to do is COMPETE WITH YOUR NEIGHBOUR? cheesy
Yep! Move back if you want. . . I AIN'T! kiss

This dude must be talking about 'TAXI DRIVERS' and "OKPOROKO SELLERS UNION" OF AMERICA! grin
Please, speak for yourself o!

25 YEARS IN AMERICA. . .I DON'T OWE ONE DAMN CREDIT CARD. . . THAT I CANNOT PAY IN A MONTH!!!
My bills are less than $2000 every month.

MY CHILDREN WILL GO TO PUBLIC SCHOOLS. . . .AND WORK FOR THEIR OWN MONEY!

I am living the life. . . with not a care in the world! cool

DO NOT SPEAK FOR ME!

You learn to cut your coat according to YOUR CLOTH! kiss

Thanks! kiss

@KanwuliaJara, u don dey brag now! The taxman, IRS dey follow dey read oooo!! grin grin grin. Haba! People know you ooooo! grin! I thank God for you oooo, but na only you waka come Amerika? smiley
Re: Nigerians At Home Are More Fulfilled Than Those Abroad- By Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu by KanwuliaJara: 2:31pm On Nov 24, 2014
bigheart2013:

@KanwuliaJara, u don dey brag now! The taxman, IRS dey follow dey read oooo!! grin grin grin. Haba! People know you ooooo! grin! I thank God for you oooo, but na only you waka come Amerika? smiley

I dey pay taxes o!
No be only me waka come o.
But I was brought up be a MAN. . . A father who cut his coat according to his CLOTH! cool
So, why I go dey chop credit card like say na my money for America? undecided

Back to tribal stuff. . . cool
The only people that will complain about debt in the civilized world are YORUBAS AND IGBOS . . . with LONG THROATS!!!! cheesy
You will never hear a NORTHERNER OR 'TRUE' southerner complain. . . .THEY DO NOT WORSHIP MATERIAL WEALTH OR COMPETE with fools for recognition!

That is my point! kiss

See the writer of the article who has lived abroad for donkey years longing for 'THINGS FALL APART' years? grin
Talking about 'farms' in every backyard and all that nonsense in the year 2015 almost? grin

In fact! He deserves a KONK or two. . .I DON'T CARE IF HE IS BALD! kiss

1 Like

Re: Nigerians At Home Are More Fulfilled Than Those Abroad- By Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu by bigheart2013(m): 2:34pm On Nov 24, 2014
MadCow1:
Nigeria?!

This Man has obviously not lived in France..

What's in France? God just recently saved them from financial collapse, like Greece. Greece dey bleed now. Hope you know that France' wealth is from Africa (Francophone Africa, precisely). Just like the writer wrote, if we love Africa and live like Africans we will be less dependent on foreign countries. Americans are living like Americans. French are living like French. but Nigerians are trying to live like Americans, French, English even Arabians... grin
Re: Nigerians At Home Are More Fulfilled Than Those Abroad- By Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu by MadCow1: 2:37pm On Nov 24, 2014
bigheart2013:

What's in France? God just recently saved them from financial collapse, like Greece. Greece dey bleed now. Hope you know that France' wealth is from Africa (Francophone Africa, precisely). Just like the writer wrote, if we love Africa and live like Africans we will be less dependent on foreign countries. Americans are living like Americans. French are living like French. but Nigerians are trying to live like Americans, French, English even Arabians... grin

Atleast France is on good terms with God.. grin

Re: Nigerians At Home Are More Fulfilled Than Those Abroad- By Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu by bigheart2013(m): 2:38pm On Nov 24, 2014
KanwuliaJara:

I dey pay taxes o!
No be only me waka come o.
But I was brought up be a MAN. . . A father who cut his coat according to his CLOTH! cool
So, why I go dey chop credit card like say na my money? undecided

Mys sis, Black Friday na this week o...make I send you my list! It's really small grin...just an Apple laptop, ipad mini, some real leather winter jackets, 64" TV....lest I forget please I need a coffee-maker. Do this for a brother grin
Re: Nigerians At Home Are More Fulfilled Than Those Abroad- By Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu by bigheart2013(m): 2:42pm On Nov 24, 2014
MadCow1:

Atleast France is on good terms with God.. grin

Huh! Abeg how? In your tribal language what do you call someone who goes to another person's house and forcefully takes his TV back to his own house and boldly watching the TV while the owner and his children complains around?

Na so this so-called developed countries dey o! Yet there is God o! grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians At Home Are More Fulfilled Than Those Abroad- By Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu by KanwuliaJara: 2:44pm On Nov 24, 2014
bigheart2013:

Mys sis, Black Friday na this week o...make I send you my list! It's really small grin...just an Apple laptop, ipad mini, some real leather winter jackets, 64" TV....lest I forget please I need a coffee-maker. Do this for a brother grin

Never!
The kain tin wey H-America dey take drag una h-enter debt. grin
You wan rush go spend money wey you nor get. . . . stand for line for 24 hours carry high blood pressure. . . .in the cold without OBAMACARE kpa kpa?

Nice try!

I will be on my bed. . . . or at work! cool

Good luck! cheesy

You nor see say my 'gladiator boots' na from 'payless'? wink

Re: Nigerians At Home Are More Fulfilled Than Those Abroad- By Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu by coogar: 2:47pm On Nov 24, 2014
the prof must be smoking woollies

this sweeping generalisation gives me goosebumps especially coming from a prof. there are 2 kinds of nigerians in diaspora - those that are documented & the illegal ones.

it is crazy for this professor to put both categories in the same box & then compare to the nigerians in nigeria. how can an undocumented nigerian immigrant in USA/UK do any better when he's not even allowed to work?

obviously, it's not a fair assessment. the professor should be worried that nigerians actually prefer their illegal status in diaspora than going back to their country where they don't have to worry about work restrictions. it then means nigerians would rather serve in heaven than reign in hell.
Re: Nigerians At Home Are More Fulfilled Than Those Abroad- By Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu by bigheart2013(m): 3:10pm On Nov 24, 2014
coogar:
the prof must be smoking woollies

this sweeping generalisation gives me goosebumps especially coming from a prof. there are 2 kinds of nigerians in diaspora - those that are documented & the illegal ones.

it is crazy for this professor to put both categories in the same box & then compare to the nigerians in nigeria. how can an undocumented nigerian immigrant in USA/UK do any better when he's not even allowed to work?

obviously, it's not a fair assessment. the professor should be worried that nigerians actually prefer their illegal status in diaspora than going back to their country where they don't have to worry about work restrictions. it then means nigerians would rather serve in heaven than reign in hell.

@Cooger what ist woolllies? smiley smiley

Paper or no paper, legal or not legal, migrating or perching they are still Nigerians, and the writer was saying they are leaving Nigeria and trooping abroad for the hope of immediate gratification rather than sit their black buttts home, and build patiently.

Knowing what you know today, why would a man who owns a gas station in Nigeria sell it to buy a visitor's visa to UK with the intention of staying there illegally if not for misinformation? Na people like that smoke woolies pass o! grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians At Home Are More Fulfilled Than Those Abroad- By Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu by cmobile: 3:13pm On Nov 24, 2014
It depends on a lot of factors.not everyone can get a bank job, oil job at home and not everyone is successful abroad.Do you know how much is sent back home to sustain relatives? This even drains those abroad to the extent they can't even do their own . I know of somebody who is sustaining 4 graduates without jobs.
What i know is that anywhere you are in life,try to invest and diversify your sources of income,with this you can live a fulfilled life later on in life, if all goes well.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pls Help Me, I Luv My Husband But He Feels Disrespected / ANALYSIS: Why Do Lesbians Marriages Crumble Faster Than Gay Marriages / What Are You Teaching Your Children About Hard Work And Responsibility?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.