Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:47 AM

Nairaland Poetry Club Poem To Study Thread - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / Nairaland Poetry Club Poem To Study Thread (1399 Views)

Combatant - A Poem To Support Our Troops / Nairaland Poetry Club Weekly Assignments Thread. / Nairaland Poetry Club Assignments Comments Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Poetry Club Poem To Study Thread by Nobody: 4:28pm On Nov 24, 2014
Please no posts should be made on this thread. All posts should go to the club
chatroom.

NB: The post below this will every Monday be updated with a new PTS. Make sure to check it on Mondays.

Thank you.

Laykorn - VP Nairaland Poetry Club

Ayamlaykorn
Re: Nairaland Poetry Club Poem To Study Thread by Nobody: 4:34pm On Nov 24, 2014
Here is the poem to study for Week3. It is closely related to the assignment for Week3. All members are advised to study it before proceeding to attack the assignment.

I WISH - Christina Rossetti

I wish I could remember that first day,
First hour, first moment of your meeting me,
If bright or dim the season, it might be
Summer or Winter for aught I can say;
So unrecorded did it slip away,
So blind was I to see and to foresee,
So dull to mark the budding of my tree
That would not blossom yet for many a May.
If only I could recollect it, such
A day of days! I let it come and go
As traceless as a thaw of bygone snow;
It seemed to mean so little, meant so much;
If only now I could recall that touch,
First touch of hand in hand – Did one but know!

Christina Rossetti

Ayamlaykorn

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Poetry Club Poem To Study Thread by Nobody: 6:50pm On Dec 01, 2014

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Poetry Club Poem To Study Thread by joseph1832(m): 11:25pm On Dec 01, 2014
Laykorn can we have another poem? I need to get a clear view on what I want to write.
Re: Nairaland Poetry Club Poem To Study Thread by Nobody: 7:16am On Dec 02, 2014
joseph1832:
Laykorn can we have another poem? I need to get a clear view on what I want to write.
Joseph I'm sorry but I didn't choose the poem. The President and/or the patrons did. I can't change it.

In the poem,Maya Angelou is comparing between two things, a caged bird and a free bird. A comparison between two things is all they want from us in the assignment.

Ayamlaykorn
Re: Nairaland Poetry Club Poem To Study Thread by joseph1832(m): 7:20am On Dec 02, 2014
laykorn:

Joseph I'm sorry but I didn't choose the poem. The President and/or the patrons did. I can't change it.

In the poem,Maya Angelou is comparing between two things, a caged bird and a free bird. A comparison between two things is all they want from us in the assignment.

Ayamlaykorn
In other words freedom and slavery, I see. Already done with mine.
Re: Nairaland Poetry Club Poem To Study Thread by Adextaiwo48(m): 9:52pm On May 09, 2015
Laykorn Please, how do i join and participate in this assignment

(1) (Reply)

God Bless Nigeria / Night Visions / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.