Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,542 members, 7,808,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:47 PM

Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? (16545 Views)

Enugu Killings: How We Came Under Attack – Villagers / Onitsha Killings: How IGP Solomon Arase Wasted Blood Of Innocent Picketers To Sa / Ohaneze To Biafra Agitators: Stop This Madness - The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Go Down)

Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by Tapiya(m): 10:41am On Nov 28, 2008
The story of the Killings in Jos town is just re-writing itself again, they are out there again and have start another set of Riots, Yeah I support a one Nigeria but what happens when someone comes to your house then brings in his brothers and discovers hes got a larger family then from there he wants to take over your house what will you do? Allow him take over or what? is that how its done? when a Visitor wants to rule you because you were friendly with him and the next thing he wants to claim your property. We have to do something about that and in my own opinion our Visitors are taking us so much for Granted I don't advocate Violence but the Government should stand up to it and spell out things clearly.

We are for Peace but be carefull not to push the goat to the wall, he could develop teeth.

NB: the Point is What do we do to stop the Killing Madness?

Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by QuotaSyste(m): 11:19am On Nov 28, 2008
Tapiya:

The story of the Killings in Jos town is just re-writing itself again, they are out there again and have start another set of Riots, Yeah I support a one Nigeria but what happens when someone comes to your house then brings in his brothers and discovers hes got a larger family then from there he wants to take over your house what will you do? Allow him take over or what? is that how its done? when a Visitor wants to rule you because you were friendly with him and the next thing he wants to claim your property. We have to do something about that and in my own opinion our Visitors are taking us so much for Granted I don't advocate Violence but the Government should stand up to it and spell out things clearly.

We are for Peace but be carefull not to push the goat to the wall, he could develop teeth.
Yeah, keep supporting one nigeria. You aint even started supporting and you aint even seen anything. And by the way who are you calling visitors and who are the hosts? Is it Cameronians, Chadians, Ivorians, Americans, Lebanese, Europeans or whom exactly? In your so called one nigeria, why shouldn't anyone have the right to live and school and do his or her business in any location of his or her choice inside your so called one nigeria if such person is a full blooded nigerian which you are supporting to remain one country?

Since you don't want the so called visitors in your areas of the country, why don't you support the division of nigeria so that everyone will answer their fathers name in their own country, then when such person visits your new country, you will have the full right to call him or her a visitor. Until nigeria is divided, you don't have any right to call any nigerian a visitor to any part of the country where him or her decides to reside. Unless if you are referring to a non nigerian, so come out here to let us know.

Why should you called anyone inside a country him or her owns together 1000% with you a visitor? Are you mad or something? If you can't move out your lazy arsss from your own area of the country and travel to other areas to do businesses, work, educate and compete in other areas, then shut the mess up or call for the division of your so called one country so that you will have your own personal country and have the full right to call someone else other from your country a visitor. Friendly my arrssss.
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by Muza(m): 11:24am On Nov 28, 2008
Tapiya:

This guy tapiya or who be your name,you are an ethnic bigot.Who told you that you and your dog eating lot own jos.
Nigeria has been peaceful for sometime,but now you guyz want start new trouble ko?
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by actoor(m): 11:35am On Nov 28, 2008
Tapiya:

FOOOOLLLLL. (0dee).
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by ScanLess: 12:03pm On Nov 28, 2008
Let all the Biafran Soldiers rise up to the occasion, these ewu awusas do not understand any other language except force, angry angry angry give it to them , fight for your rights !!!!, one nigeria means when they shoot you , shoot back!!!! thats the NEW WORLD ORDER. let no body cry .case is simple [b] SHOOT BACK !!![/B]
[B]BIAFRA WILL RISE AGAIN!!!!!![/B]

Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by Muza(m): 12:12pm On Nov 28, 2008
ScanLess:

Let all the Biafran Soldiers rise up to the occasion, these ewu awusas do not understand any other language except force, angry angry angry give it to them , fight for your rights !!!!, one nigeria means when they shoot you , shoot back!!!! thats the NEW WORLD ORDER. let no body cry .case is simple [b] SHOOT BACK !!![/B]
[B]BIAFRA WILL RISE AGAIN!!!!!![/B]

Big fool, grin
biafra is a pipe dream. cheesy grin
God has given power and wealth to the hausas and there is nothin you or any of your scammish bros can do about it.
What do the igbos know other than juju,anything bad is synonymous with u guyz.
big fools kawai grin.
Keep wasting your time dreamin about biafra while we are here in Abuja running things. grin
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by troy07: 12:18pm On Nov 28, 2008
@scanless

Igbo are still not trusted today just because of Biafra.

I will say One Nigeria,united we stand,divided we fall.
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by QuotaSyste(m): 1:22pm On Nov 28, 2008
troy07:

@scanless

Igbo are still not trusted today just because of Biafra.

I will say One Nigeria,united we stand,divided we fall.
Idiot, how about nigerians are still not trusted because of the killing of Igbos? Ewu who is asking you to trust Igbos, see your mouth "not trusted" as if nigeria belongs to your people alone. Fools.
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by adconline(m): 1:25pm On Nov 28, 2008
Muza,
Its not controlling things in Abuja that makes you a super rich tribe, but the ability to type and reason on this forum. I wonder how many of your folks can write like you. Education maketh a man free not controlling things in Abuja as you alleged. Quit living in delusional island.

Tapiya,
would you see any wrong in grabbing wealth  from Niger Delta's oil to develop  your zenophobic region as well providing education and buying matchetes for Alamajiris? If Dangotes and Dantatas can own businesses all over Nigeria why can't people of different ethnic origins have the same right?  You  still remind me  of these Indian terrorists who  killed  simply on idealogical differences. Kill folks who  have ethnic differences with us.
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by Muza(m): 1:34pm On Nov 28, 2008
adconline:

Muza,
Its not controlling things in Abuja that makes you a super rich tribe, but the ability to type and reason on this forum. I wonder how many of your folks can write like you. Education maketh a man free not controlling things in Abuja as you alleged. Quit living in delusional island.

grin LMFAO
Its a pity,trying to console yourself
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by adconline(m): 1:44pm On Nov 28, 2008
I'm not consoling myself, i will be dammed if I had been controlling things since Nigeria was born and my brothers and sisters are poorest and mostly uneducated amongst all the tribes. That's why its easier for them to kill than to reason, that why its easier to go after folks who may not look like them. Remember one day, they come after your guys -their elite for having left them behind for so long.

Let me ask you a question. Would you rather be of these bigots who kill in the name of tribe without education and opportunities so long as your tribal man is running things in Abuja. I see no correlation between my tribal guy running things in Abuja and fending for myself.
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by QuotaSyste(m): 1:47pm On Nov 28, 2008
Muza:

grin LMFAO
Its a pity,trying to console yourself

Illiterate Almajiri, what else have you got to say if not LMFAO which you learnt from here and none of your clan members can write. See your head and control. If you are really in control, why then are you accusing and killing Igbos with claims they want to take over your area of the country? Ewu hausa.
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by sealworld(m): 1:59pm On Nov 28, 2008
@Tapiya and Muza are ranked high as the senseless fools of 2008/2009, long live the fools to see that One Nigeria will exist where no people like them will be. You talk about Visitor? What do u know about Visitor? Have u not heard about the story of Obama?

You supprise me. i was born in Jos and i lived in the North for more than 20years yet am from the south-south and very soon i will rule JOS (what about that dead fish?)

And you muza just as OBJ(southerner) became the president of Nigeria, wait and see The Next President of this country will be from the Niger-Delta or you parasite will have to leave our oil alone. the oil without which you will not have access to the internet to post that shit.

You better have does fool stop killing my people in Jos
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by AmakaOne(f): 2:05pm On Nov 28, 2008
Tapiya:

pure unadulterated madness!!!
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by troy07: 2:06pm On Nov 28, 2008
QuotaSyste:

Idiot, how about nigerians are still not trusted because of the killing of Igbos? Ewu who is asking you to trust Igbos, see your mouth "not trusted" as if nigeria belongs to your people alone. Fools.

You sound so ignorant and illiterate. You don't even know my tribe.

Even  war Lord Emeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu regretted Biafra.
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by QuotaSyste(m): 2:14pm On Nov 28, 2008
troy07:

Even war Lord Emeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu regretted Biafra.
Ewu hausa, i don't even need to know that your minority tribe to know exactly who you are and where you come from. the last thing you nigerians will do is to openely state your tribe because of shame. Only Igbos can be proud enough to come out openely and say they are Igbos with pride. Shame will never allow you to tell us that minority tribe you come from. Anu mpam, oya prove me wrong if shame will allow you.
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by Tonim(f): 2:31pm On Nov 28, 2008
[size=13pt]Policeman killed in vote protest in Nigerian town[/size] (Jos)

From Reuters

JOS, Nigeria, Nov 28 (Reuters) - Youths with machetes hacked to death a policeman and burned tyres in the central Nigerian town of Jos on Friday in protest over the outcome of a local government election, witnesses said.

Demonstrators from the Hausa ethnic group began protesting overnight after a rumour spread that their ANPP party candidate had lost the local government chairmanship race to the ruling PDP party.

"Very early this morning a group of protesters at that junction macheted to death a policeman," one witness in the Enugu Road area of Jos said, asking not to be named.

"The group said they were not fighting people but fighting government because of their action," the witness said.

A Reuters witness said he could see three plumes of thick black smoke rising up over the Akpata neighbourhood across town. Some residents said several homes had been set ablaze.

Police officials were not immediately available to comment.

Nigeria, Africa's most populous nation of 140 million people, is roughly equally divided between Muslims and Christians, who generally live peacefully side by side.

But hostility has simmered in the past in Plateau state.

Hundreds were killed in ethnic-religious street fighting in Jos in 2001. Three years later, hundreds more died in clashes in the town of Yelwa, leading former President Olusegun Obasanjo to declare a state of emergency and impose a curfew.

The tensions in Plateau state have their roots in decades of resentment by indigenous minority groups, who are mostly Christian or animist, towards migrants and settlers from Nigeria's Hausa-speaking Muslim north.

Jos North is the commercial centre of Plateau state, making the local government chairman a powerful political force.

The official results of Thursday's vote have not yet been announced but ANPP observers at polling stations had forecast a clear win for their candidate
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by Kobojunkie: 3:39pm On Nov 28, 2008
@Poster, Nevermind, reuters seems to be the only source on this
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by savanaha: 3:40pm On Nov 28, 2008
JOS, Nigeria, Nov 28 (Reuters) - Youths with machetes hacked to death a policeman and burned tyres in the central Nigerian town of Jos on Friday in protest over the outcome of a local government election, witnesses said.
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 4:03pm On Nov 28, 2008
Brothers fighting over borrowed religions, when we learn
But I guess even in Israel you have brother's fighting over religions. And in Pakistan-India you have brothers fighting over borrowed religions.

We will remain slaves to each other, if we do not stop this hatred.
For all of you preaching divide Nigeria, divide Nigeria. Sorry to burst your bubble but that is not the answer.
Because even amongst so called ethnic groups there are divisions. Get rid of this ethnicity crap honestly, just like Turkey has.
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by Tapiya(m): 10:29pm On Nov 28, 2008
QuotaSyste:

whats the education in you calling me a fool? did I mention something like that to you? We have the Niger Deltans claiming their lands so why not the Plateaus? why cant we call what is ours ours for christ's sake? how did this shit all started in the first place? is it not the Hausas that started it? please when you wanna talk on this forum try and make some sense ok? you cannot tell me a Hausa man just becos he was Born and breed in jos becomes a Plateau man every state and country has its indigenes place where even obama in the US is known to have decended from somewhere.

Guy go and read well before you can come into a forum and start to insult People.
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by tpia: 11:18pm On Nov 28, 2008
Nigerians need to learn the basics of anger management.

This habit of carrying arms over every single thing, is very backward.

And where are the authorities who are supposed to keep these people in check?

Simple measures like water hoses, tear gas and rubber bullets would nick most of these disturbances in the bud.
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by shotster50(m): 12:44am On Nov 29, 2008
From what I gather the main reason was something to do with election. Now my question to Tapiya and co is how that has got anything to do with having a large family/igbo/non northerners living in Jos?? Why burning peoples shops in Ahmadu Bello way? Why burn peoples houses? Are these people responsible for their candidates not winning the elections
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by Eziachi: 2:50am On Nov 29, 2008
troy07:

Even  war Lord Emeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu regretted Biafra.

It will be intereting to know what meeting you had with Ojukwu where confided in you that he regretted Biafra.
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by Eziachi: 2:59am On Nov 29, 2008
Muza:

Big fool,  grin
biafra is a pipe dream.  cheesy grin
God has given power and wealth to the hausas and there is nothin you or any of your scammish bros can do about it.
What do the igbos know other than juju,anything bad is synonymous with u guys.
big fools kawai  grin.
Keep wasting your time dreamin about biafra while we are here in Abuja running things.  grin

Pipe dream? That is what you wanted or hoped it will always be. Forty years ago, a certain Martin Luther king was dreaming too and people like you were on hand to laugh, with Obama emergence today, I wonder where their plastic smiles has gone to?
It heart breaking hearing you tumping your chest with the claim that you are running Abuja. And look at where the Abuja you are running has got Nigeria: No electricity, no road, infant motality, no education, lootocracy, election rigging, sick president, quota president, Sani Abacha, Babangida, Rilwanu Lukman etc.

If I were you, it will be idiotic of my to boast over running a collapsing house.
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by Eziachi: 3:12am On Nov 29, 2008
JosBoy4Lif:

Brothers fighting over borrowed religions, when we learn
But I guess even in Israel you have brother's fighting over religions. And in Pakistan-India you have brothers fighting over borrowed religions.

We will remain slaves to each other, if we do not stop this hatred.
For all of you preaching divide Nigeria, divide Nigeria. Sorry to burst your bubble but that is not the answer.
Because even amongst so called ethnic groups there are divisions. Get rid of this ethnicity crap honestly, just like Turkey has.

I am one of those preaching the division of Nigeria as the only solution left and if there any solution yet untried except let all nations that make up this cosmetic Nigeria go it their way let hear it. Even if the emerging nation should fight according to your prophesy, let that be their cup of tea, but you can't keep a man or a woman in an unhappy marriage just because you think that the future spouse will be like the former.
What kind of lame argument is that?
Nigeria as one nation will always be a theatre of constant in fighting, a land where citizen are reffered as non indegine in their own so called country, so what is the basis of being one nation when all the structures, tone tent to potray a divided nation? Nigeria is only one nation based on the existence of crude oil from the south and nothing more. One nation do not do things in quotas, to the extent that the president is produced through quota system that is even lopsided to Notherners/Yoruba only and not by ability and you expect miracles to happen. dream on!!
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by udezue(m): 3:13am On Nov 29, 2008
LOL @ Muza U are running things. Ofocurse u are. Running Nigeria down to the ground.

Biafra is no pipe dream so be quiet. There IS NO ONE NIGERIA SO SHUT THE HELL UP. U support GENOCIDES AND U EXPECT IGBOS TO BE part of it. Nonsense.

To the poster. LOL @ u supporting 1 Nigeria but calling ppl visitors. total hypocrite is what u are my friend. There is no ONE NIGERIA. ITS EITHER U  ARE FOR ONE NIGERIA OR U ARE FOR A DIVISION OR AUTONOMY but don't claim one naija when u are advocating something else. We should all feel free to move to any state but since that is not possible with the desert rats better than known as Fulani/Muslims I say let us go back to our ancestral lands seceed and continue our lives. Igbos did not have to deal with the Hausa until the British came and bleeped it all up. Neither did the other ethnic groups.

ONE NIGERIA MY ASS. The only one Nigeria is the  collective hatred and exploitation of Igbos and its related neighbors.
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by Tapiya(m): 3:37am On Nov 29, 2008
shotster50:

From what I gather the main reason was something to do with election. Now my question to Tapiya and co is how that has got anything to do with having a large family/igbo/non northerners living in Jos?? Why burning peoples shops in Ahmadu Bello way? Why burn peoples houses? Are these people responsible for their candidates not winning the elections

Hmmn Shotster You did not read my complain well, what am talking about is not the Igbos if you look at my other post I was specific about the people that were trying to oppress Us, The Hausa Fulanis are our Major Problem, we were supposed to be able to relate with each other, the Indigenes really do not have so much and we are not much in number as well but that does not mean that anyone that comes to settle down in our should begin to play us just anyhow.

The Genesis was that of an election and they all started it, they have someone from there contest an election on the Platform of ANPP and then one of ours contested on the Platform of the PDP and before the result came out they had concluded that they were rigged, and the next thing started attacking my brothers, someone said I should go out and get an education, am From Jos but does not reside in Jos, I have not been in Jos for the last 4 years or so, but am concern about what is happening in Jos cos thats my land, whatever I do I will still go back there someday.

So please before you start condeming watch and read what the person has writen.
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by udezue(m): 3:42am On Nov 29, 2008
U ppl in the Plateau should make up ur minds on what to do with the Hausa settlers. Unless u give em a clear statement and set them straight they will continue to do as they like in your land.
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by shotster50(m): 6:49am On Nov 29, 2008
Tapiya, I know the root of the incidents preceeding this riot. As much as you are an indigene of Jos, I also consider myself somewhat of an indigene too. Why you may ask, My family have been in Jos since the thirties, My Dad, me and everyone else are st Murumbites. I consider that city home as much as the next person but what I dont get is why they are burning peoples shops and properties, I know a lot of peoples whose shops in Ahmadu Bello were burnt on Monday/Tuesday and their houses, yesterday. I think the indigenous Plateau people gave them a free hand and they are now abusing it.
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by actoor(m): 11:51am On Nov 29, 2008
With Nigeria, anything can happen,
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by Tapiya(m): 8:43pm On Nov 29, 2008
shotster50:

Tapiya, I know the root of the incidents preceeding this riot. As much as you are an indigene of Jos, I also consider myself somewhat of an indigene too. Why you may ask, My family have been in Jos since the thirties, My Dad, me and everyone else are st Murumbites. I consider that city home as much as the next person but what I don't get is why they are burning peoples shops and properties, I know a lot of peoples whose shops in Ahmadu Bello were burnt on Monday/Tuesday and their houses, yesterday. I think the indigenous Plateau people gave them a free hand and they are now abusing it.

So assume now we are on the same board abi? then you understand what am talking about and for you Amuza I dont know the hell you are talking about, what does religion get to do with Politics? my friend called me from jos today and he mention some people in my area that were killed and you know the Funniest thing? when they do the Killing they keep calling Allah's name, the truth is you are educated then go and educate your other brothers let them understand that we have gone past that age of Jihad, if you could not convert the then Pagan Plateaus then Bros you cannot never succeed in doing that now. so your people should forget about a Jihad in the Plateau cos its not going to be successful, Plateau is a christian state and so it will remain, You just dont have a choice about it. JIHAD WILL NEVER SUCCEED IN JOS.

Go tell them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14)

Breaking News: Gunmen Kill Four Soldiers, Policeman In Bayelsa Creek / Lagos State Task Enforces Okada Restriction, 105 Motorcycles Impounded / Will 'President' Buhari Rear Cows In Aso Rock Gardens?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.