Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:00 AM

Ever Locked Your Car With The Key In Ignition? Share Your Experience. - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ever Locked Your Car With The Key In Ignition? Share Your Experience. (3550 Views)

Bus Driver Uses Screw Driver As Car Key In Lagos (Photos) / A Car With Ankara Paint / Ever Had Your Keys Locked Inside Your Car, With No Spare Around? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ever Locked Your Car With The Key In Ignition? Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 10:58pm On Nov 25, 2014
Fabdedon:
gwarimpa thieves no de see cars pass..dem must try hack am..

lolz.
Where is gwarimpa?

1 Like

Re: Ever Locked Your Car With The Key In Ignition? Share Your Experience. by Fabdedon(m): 11:04pm On Nov 25, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

lolz.
Where is gwarimpa?
Abuja...
One sunday like dat we went dia for child dedication of our neighbour.... On our way..my dad was like.. Where would i park dis car now eh...ah was like what for?...
We came back ready to go home..
The car beside us had its ignition switched on..(Hacked) what saved him was his pedal lock..
Ours d key has being hacked but should i say he could not pass tru d security... So dat area..hmm i throway Cap for am..its even an estate gan...
Re: Ever Locked Your Car With The Key In Ignition? Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 11:34pm On Nov 25, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

lolz.
Where is gwarimpa?
Abuja
Re: Ever Locked Your Car With The Key In Ignition? Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 7:37am On Nov 26, 2014
CalabarBoi:
Abuja

aii. I thought as much, just wanted to be sure.
This your new username ehn...

1 Like

Re: Ever Locked Your Car With The Key In Ignition? Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 1:23pm On Nov 26, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

aii. I thought as much, just wanted to be sure.
This your new username ehn...
is it not easier to spell? tongue
Re: Ever Locked Your Car With The Key In Ignition? Share Your Experience. by priscaoge(f): 7:53pm On Nov 28, 2014
Where was I when this thread was created cry cry,and she didn't notify me cry cry*issues her a BIG red card*

Kachisbarbie I can't stop laughing cheesy cheesy..I know that feeling! cheesy cheesy...I just pity ur teeth,the poor teeth just suffered wetin e no cause cry cry
Re: Ever Locked Your Car With The Key In Ignition? Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 8:32pm On Nov 28, 2014
priscaoge:
Where was I when this thread was created cry cry,and she didn't notify me cry cry*issues her a BIG red card*

Kachisb arbie I can't stop laughing cheesy cheesy..I know that feeling! cheesy cheesy...I just pity ur teeth,the poor teeth just suffered wetin e no cause cry cry

You were in your village...lolz. tongue

1 Like

Re: Ever Locked Your Car With The Key In Ignition? Share Your Experience. by uboma(m): 7:45pm On Dec 29, 2015
Mine happened sometime last year during the rainy season. There was light showers one evening and I had to go out to buy some items. I quickly opened the gate and dashed into my car (a Bimmer), started it and engaged the gear in reverse, then I noticed that the gate was half-way closed (as a result of the wind), I quickly got out of the car to reopen the gate and bam. I heard the click and I knew I was in big trouble. I had no spare key then. I tried all I could to no avail. Had to call on my neighbour to borrow his car keys (thinking it might as well open my car). But I was wrong because Bimmers aren't engineered that way.

At some point I wanted to break the window glass but my neighbour (who had also come out to see how he could help) advised me against it. I had no other option than to wait for the my quarter tank full of fuel to be exhausted so the car can stop on its on. After about 3/4 hours of waiting, the fuel in the car got used up and the engine died down. The headlights remained on for quite some time till the battery went weak.

I had to go back to the house with an empty stomach. The following day, I got a panel-beater who after 2 hours of trying, managed to open the car with an iron hanger. It wasn't a sweet experience but I learnt some vital lessons.
Re: Ever Locked Your Car With The Key In Ignition? Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 8:53pm On Dec 29, 2015
Fabdedon:
Abuja...
One sunday like dat we went dia for child dedication of our neighbour.... On our way..my dad was like.. Where would i park dis car now eh...ah was like what for?...
We came back ready to go home..
The car beside us had its ignition switched on..(Hacked) what saved him was his pedal lock..
Ours d key has being hacked but should i say he could not pass tru d security... So dat area..hmm i throway Cap for am..its even an estate gan...

Na wah oh! Abeg what type of cars are they and what year?
I put up a post two days ago about hacking ignition and stealing cars and all I got was people talking about thieves using spare keys and all... thank God u dey stay Abj... it's becoming rampant sha...
Re: Ever Locked Your Car With The Key In Ignition? Share Your Experience. by Lexusgs430: 9:34am On Dec 30, 2015
Happened yo me about 15 years ago. Got the airport, parked my car, got out of the car(but foolishly left the key on the seat and shut the door), the next thing I heard was 'krin krin'. Autolock had automatically locked all doors.

I turned red instantly, panic mode engaged. I begged one driver to lend me his wheel spanner, he obliged. I started smashing at the drivers side door window, it simply refused to break (I probably wasn't striking hard enough) (not easy to destroy your own property). Passersby started questioning my intentions, I stopped striking the window and ran into the airport.
I luckily found the airports maintainance person, after about 20 minutes of been very confused.

He came with his bag of tricks, created a void within the glass and seal, passed a metal wire down (at this point the alarm was screaming it's sirens off), after like 3 minutes of fiddling he placed the ridge around the door opener and voila, door pooped open.

I gave him a handsome tip and continued on my journey, not to commit that canal sin of locking key in vehicle no more!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Error Codes P0420 And P2423 / Am Auto Electrician Ask Me Any Question Concerning The Electrical Problems In Ur / Car Tips: How To Troubleshoot Catalytic Converter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.