Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,334 members, 7,780,873 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:36 AM

Opinion "John Ibu Mikel Is Over 36 Years. (reasons) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Opinion "John Ibu Mikel Is Over 36 Years. (reasons) (1255 Views)

Mikel Is Part Of Our Problem – Chelsea’s Club Legend Reveals / Why Keeping John Obi Mikel Is Chelsea’s Best Transfer Move So Far This Summer / Mikel Is 7th Best Paid African Player (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion "John Ibu Mikel Is Over 36 Years. (reasons) by englishmart(m): 7:48pm On Nov 24, 2014
yesterday was the 4th time I went for a screening and was disqualified....

Every manager I met kept telling me I'm very good. But too young to play in the Nigerian Premier league.
Jeez! At 21? shocked shocked

This is indeed crazy...

Now, let's talk about mikel. If at 21, I'm too young to play in the NPFL. That means mikel was approximately 23 years when he played for plateau united.

He spent 2yrs there. Making him approximately 25.
Now he spent another 3years in Oslo. Making him 28. Also he has spent 9 good years in Chelsea. Making him 37.

That means mikel removed 10years from his real age..
shocked

1 Like

Re: Opinion "John Ibu Mikel Is Over 36 Years. (reasons) by ClintonNzedimma(m): 8:13pm On Nov 24, 2014
Hmmm...
Re: Opinion "John Ibu Mikel Is Over 36 Years. (reasons) by Nobody: 8:29pm On Nov 24, 2014
don't you know we have 2 diff ages in life. football age and our normal age. mikel's normal age will be around 35-37

1 Like

Re: Opinion "John Ibu Mikel Is Over 36 Years. (reasons) by englishmart(m): 9:27pm On Nov 24, 2014
wilsondave:
don't you know we have 2 diff ages in life. football age and our normal age. mikel's normal age will be around 35-37
isn't 10yrs too much to minus from your real age?

1 Like

Re: Opinion "John Ibu Mikel Is Over 36 Years. (reasons) by crownprince102: 9:38pm On Nov 24, 2014
@Englishmart...... My guy, that's africa for you........ Why won't you also cut your age if you are to young @ 21. My cousin in the UK has been playing for a club since the age of 5 and now he is 12. I 've seek trials all over UK, even almost all the clubs now knows me through the countless mail I 've sent. Some club gave reply but some didn't, the once who gave reply said trials is not open to non EU or UK players and the rest said they don't organize open trial unless you 've been scouted by one of their scouts. I decided to look for a club just to train with in other to keep fit but I found out no Nigerian club has an academy or youth team. I feel disgusted and I think the next thing is to cut my age so that I won't be due for proffessional contract. You really need to cut your age to be at advantage but you might not do that if their is an opportunity to leave Nigeria now, if their isn't, do the needful.
Re: Opinion "John Ibu Mikel Is Over 36 Years. (reasons) by Nobody: 5:39am On Nov 25, 2014
crownprince102:
@Englishmart...... My guy, that's africa for you........ Why won't you also cut your age if you are to young @ 21. My cousin in the UK has been playing for a club since the age of 5 and now he is 12. I 've seek trials all over UK, even almost all the clubs now knows me through the countless mail I 've sent. Some club gave reply but some didn't, the once who gave reply said trials is not open to non EU or UK players and the rest said they don't organize open trial unless you 've been scouted by one of their scouts. I decided to look for a club just to train with in other to keep fit but I found out no Nigerian club has an academy or youth team. I feel disgusted and I think the next thing is to cut my age so that I won't be due for proffessional contract. You really need to cut your age to be at advantage but you might not do that if their is an opportunity to leave Nigeria now, if their isn't, do the needful.

Have you got the right to work in the Uk?..if you do,you wouldn't have any problem getting a job as a football player that is if you are really good...try West Ham park,agents and scouts do come there..ie if you live around Stratford and new ham.
Re: Opinion "John Ibu Mikel Is Over 36 Years. (reasons) by Lordabas: 9:35am On Nov 25, 2014
Chei!!
Mikel don suffer grin grin

1 Like

Re: Opinion "John Ibu Mikel Is Over 36 Years. (reasons) by crownprince102: 1:15pm On Nov 25, 2014
gbosaa:

Have you got the right to work in the Uk?..if you do,you wouldn't have any problem getting a job as a football player that is if you are really good...try West Ham park,agents and scouts do come there..ie if you live around Stratford and new ham.

Thanks for the advice but I know all this, I 've not been to west ham park but I 've heard about it from a friend. I 'm in contact with some club in Dartford such as Kent fc, dartford fc and some other clubs in crayford. I 've also contacted Northwood fc, leyton Orient, Barnet, Stanford fc etc. I 've not gotten work permit but I guess I dont need it yet, not due for a proffessional contract.
Re: Opinion "John Ibu Mikel Is Over 36 Years. (reasons) by joxxy01(m): 1:23pm On Nov 25, 2014
englishmart:
yesterday was the 4th time I went for a screening and was disqualified....

Every manager I met kept telling me I'm very good. But too young to play in the Nigerian Premier league.
Jeez! At 21? shocked shocked

This is indeed crazy...

Now, let's talk about mikel. If at 21, I'm too young to play in the NPFL. That means mikel was approximately 23 years when he played for plateau united.

He spent 2yrs there. Making him approximately 25.
Now he spent another 3years in Oslo. Making him 28. Also he has spent 9 good years in Chelsea. Making him 37.

That means mikel removed 10years from his real age..
shocked

WHY ALWAYS MIKEL!

(1) (Reply)

The Truth About The Early 1900s Nigeria Vs India Match (1 – 99) [see Photo] / Pls Help Me Predict And Arange Bet9ja Weekend Games / Man Of The Match In Ghana Receives Rubber Slippers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.