Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,241 members, 7,807,819 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:50 PM

My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 (32441 Views)

My Encounter With Captain Buhari / Armed Robbers At Alaba International Market / SSS Arrests Customs Comptroller Over Arms Deal With Robbers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by Kenneth205(m): 6:06pm On Nov 26, 2014
Owie
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by jmoore(m): 6:08pm On Nov 26, 2014
misleading title. The tori dry sef.

2 Likes

Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by overdrive(m): 6:08pm On Nov 26, 2014
Ok what can I say.
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by Deeypeey(m): 6:10pm On Nov 26, 2014
iceberylin:
since she uses an S5, means she's rich...
She could get another one.. undecided

Man gats survive cheesy

If I be police ni,I fr arraign u...na on top anoda person sweat una go base ur living?

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by chariseva: 6:10pm On Nov 26, 2014
It happens a lot at oshodi-Toyota, even to priVate car owners and also at gun-point.

3 Likes

Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by misreal(m): 6:10pm On Nov 26, 2014
;Ddis op reminds me of when I was an area boy.. grin
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by Rhozabeth(m): 6:11pm On Nov 26, 2014
Apapa-Oshodi expressway, mile 2-Festac-Alaba are all den of robbers. I was robbed 1 night like that while coming back from work at about 10pm (one chance bus) along that Apapa-Oshodi express, we were dropped that night at Toyota stop under the bridge. The 5 of us genuine passengers had to walk to Oshodi that night b4 I got somebody to pay my transport fare to Egbeda! As for the girl she must be a JJC in Lagos to be pressing her phone by the window of a bus! Am sure she has learnt her lesson!

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by holatin(m): 6:11pm On Nov 26, 2014
jjwaterfalls:
One of d reasons why I hav always bin scared of relocating to lagos. sad
we don't need u here too.
we already over populated
#eko onibaje

9 Likes

Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by luvly101: 6:12pm On Nov 26, 2014
Pathetic cry
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by Nobody: 6:12pm On Nov 26, 2014
jjwaterfalls:

Me too. You can walk on the streets of Abuja with an iPhone 6 by 12 midnight and feel safe. #TeamAbuja

6 Likes

Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by Ekiseme(m): 6:14pm On Nov 26, 2014
No mile 2 story
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by Francheezy(m): 6:14pm On Nov 26, 2014
Mehn Op Nawa for u ooooo, does that look like Robbing? It's called Window Shopping and black Friday is approaching. smiley

13 Likes

Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by Deeypeey(m): 6:15pm On Nov 26, 2014
Sum ppl here dey form beta place fr lliving wen d ghetto wey dem dey ehn,even fowl dey hustle to live....dhuuuuuur....wetin concern me,we dont experience such tins here in Ajah

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by Bellasharonne(f): 6:15pm On Nov 26, 2014
Same happened to my mum while she was driving, some guy came to show her some where she could pass to avoid getting stuck in traffic then she said thank you. Lo and behold her phone was no where to be found..... Now i cant touch my phone when she is driving and isut in front cry

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by johnstar(m): 6:15pm On Nov 26, 2014
dew1:
And your topic made it seem like you were robbed...
hmmm... He did a badt tn sharing it ryt
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by Nobody: 6:16pm On Nov 26, 2014
I'm guilty of this. In fact, I'm sitting close to the window as I write, stucked in traffic. I wish I could stop. I cannot but press my phone while in traffic and I also love sitting by the window to get a grasp of fresh air. Even after two cases of armed robbery attack along gbagada - iyana oworo road, I still continued with press my phone while in the bus esp where there's traffic.
People like us prefer to learn the hard way..lolz
I'm risk perverse anyway but common sense is needed. Thanks op. Would increase my safety awareness level now and also take precautions. Safety first, Safety last, Safety always!

2 Likes

Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by igbsam(m): 6:17pm On Nov 26, 2014
jjwaterfalls:

We don't even need extra people to relocate to lagos. The population don do. Please remain where u are grin tongue

She asked for her phone to be stolen and she got. Who in his/her right sense would board a public transport, sit close to the window and then bring out their phone in a tensed traffic to press it. Na invite the person dey invite thief now. Its not only in lagos even in ph, anambra and kano.....such can happen anywhere.

3 Likes

Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by iykofias(m): 6:19pm On Nov 26, 2014
Thieves n lagos
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by henryobinna(m): 6:19pm On Nov 26, 2014
holatin:
mehn thank God you are alive
*modified *
this happen when you comment before reading.
back to the topic, stealing is not corruption.
did you even read the post?

2 Likes

Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by zeetyzin(m): 6:20pm On Nov 26, 2014
is she a learner!!??!....why she come dey disturb Jesus?..na Jesus give u learners permit...yeye.

7 Likes

Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by Nobody: 6:21pm On Nov 26, 2014
Smartlux:
grin
y u dey shine teeth na?
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by drnoel: 6:21pm On Nov 26, 2014
philipstweets:
Good evening pals, just got back from work and i want to share my story with you. I also need your contribution and experiences.

I work at Festac but i live at Apapa. I boarded a Mile 2 bus at Festac. When I got to mile2 bustop by 7:30pm, I boarded a danfo bus (LT35) to Apapa. The bus has five rows and i was at the middle. As we left mile2, there was traffic immediately after the bridge.

While pressing my phone, the girl at the extreme back near the window who was pressing her phone shouted "JESUS!!!!" We all looked back thinking that the truck behind us was about to hit us.

However,what we saw was a young guy in all black attire and a face cap trying to pick up something from the floor outside.

Suddenly, the conductor started shouting "Ole! Ole!! Ole!!!" (thief thief thief)

Before the conductor could even get down from the bus, the guy took to his heels. He ran into the other side of the road and we didnt see him again.....That was when we realized that he had stolen the Samsung S5 belonging to the girl sitting near the window..

And that was it, the phone was gone just like that. I was in shock till i got home.

Share your own Mile 2 experience.

are we supposed to share just fone experience or any similar experiences
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by Nobody: 6:21pm On Nov 26, 2014
i remember the day one of them attacked me on that mile2 bridge. he shouted I should give him the fone and money.I didn't know when I screamed back at him to get out which fone. and he saw a lady being attacked by his people, he now left me and ran away.cos those ones have picked up the womans laptop bag.my advice when on mile2 bridge don't bring out your fones. shocking thing is that you will see up to 15 mopol men on the same bridge. I think some people don settle some people.

2 Likes

Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by electropiz(m): 6:22pm On Nov 26, 2014
Most times it's not advisable to use expensive phones @ nite, it will attract hoodlums, dont even dare pick calls with ur phone @ nite, except u consider it safe.

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by Sexytemi(f): 6:22pm On Nov 26, 2014
it been long I commented on topics

well, eyaaa for the lady.

EKO FOR SHOW.
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by Nobody: 6:23pm On Nov 26, 2014
Lagos thieves will never change grin

okay, this happened sometime last year when my cousin and I were returning from a wedding one late saturday night, we were waiting at this busy bus-stop for a cab and all of a sudden, I dont know how i felt something slid into the handbag i was carrying, I turned round immediately, looked into my bag and saw a hand, i checked if my phone was intact in nanoseconds, looked up immediately at the owner of the hand and gave him the dirtiest slap of his life.. as a real lagos chic grin

Before I could find my voice to scream "thief", he had already disappeared into the crowd.

God save am that day, he would have died while trying to steal a common bold5 grin.
Anyways, am sure the pains from that slap is one he will never recover from in a hurry, lool

6 Likes

Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by passionate88: 6:23pm On Nov 26, 2014
Eya
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by RECO: 6:23pm On Nov 26, 2014
Police officers at Alapere estate are robbing people at night, please be cautious of police men at Alapere estate road mostly at night from 10:30pm.

Is difficult to believe but is true. I was rob by men on uniform with their guns at the same spot alongside with others.

I narrated my experience to my colleagues in the office and to them is no news as they have heard how dangerous the area is.

3 Likes

Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by Nobody: 6:24pm On Nov 26, 2014
fflamingo:
Lagos taught me the principle of holding, hiding, keeping safe guarding my bag like heaven depends on it
Lagos has taught me how to be very alert. If you daydream for lag....hahahahaha OYO ooo

2 Likes

Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by holatin(m): 6:25pm On Nov 26, 2014
henryobinna:
did you even read the post?
do you understand those four line

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by Firefire(m): 6:25pm On Nov 26, 2014
[size=20pt]Those are the guys used in snatching ballot boxes during election in Lagos.[/size]

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by MrFlexible(m): 6:25pm On Nov 26, 2014
Baba na everywhere o..even in oshodi, trying to board obalende buses..as people dey rush, you just chill observe things...you gonna see a lot!...when we say life is a teacher, we mean the life in lagos..

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Gabriel Daudu Loses At Appeal Court After Being Jailed For 154 Years / Stolen Mace: Omo-agege Fights Back, Blocks Police, DSS From Arresting Him / President Tinubu's Democracy Day Message To Nigerians (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.