Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,927 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:38 AM

My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 (32437 Views)

My Encounter With Captain Buhari / Armed Robbers At Alaba International Market / SSS Arrests Customs Comptroller Over Arms Deal With Robbers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by Mrsprof(f): 8:39pm On Nov 26, 2014
Tic4tac:
xo dem neva rub u
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by Nobody: 8:45pm On Nov 26, 2014
hardbody:

They have tried this on me at least twice but I have always instinctively hit at the hand and my phones dropped back in the car. The last time was so funny. Having learnt their tricks, I noticed the guy reviewing my car and signalled to his cohort to distract me. At d same time I moved my phones to a compartment just above the pedal areas. The decoy guy came to my side and started speaking gibberish as usual while his counterpart was gripping for the phones he so certainly saw in less than a minute ago. I knew the game well, so I reached out for my jack knife flipped it and as the guy was bringing his head up and out because he actually leaned into my car, I struck and the knife grazed him. He just shouted and disappeared. I wound up and carried on as if nothing happened. These days I drive with my short gun and this Hausa sword that looks like a walking stick. I am a late night crawler. As I type I just left my office to my drinking pad while waiting for traffic to thin out before I head out to my mainland abode. I work around VI and hang out at Oniru most nights. God punish their papa.
This has got to be the funniest comment I have read so far grin grin grin grin

Guy, how did you buy a gun? undecided

3 Likes

Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by zudozz: 8:46pm On Nov 26, 2014
And they are building such magnificent police station. I bet they were there (mile 2) busy collectig #20 from buses. Smely people cuzed a9es!
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by jvera(f): 8:53pm On Nov 26, 2014
al does pple wey dey sell bread for road i fear them....ws in a bus arund onitsha a lady jst shouted... we then realised da ha necklace v been draged from ha neck... as for me #teamnokiatouch#

2 Likes

Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by Missmossy(f): 8:56pm On Nov 26, 2014
Eeyah, a lot happens in lag menh lipsrsealed Its not too shocking.
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by hardbody: 8:59pm On Nov 26, 2014
MarvellousGod:
This has got to be the funniest comment I have read so far grin grin grin grin

Guy, how did you buy a gun? undecided

I am not kidding bro, its legit. I paid for a license and a gun and it was delivered. Actually the license entitles me to a pump action but i had this awka things we used in d days in uni so i have that in my car. I will take delivery of the pump action when i travel upper week to meet my supplier at owerri. I will take d gun to the villa and return with it to Lag after xmas.
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by Nobody: 9:03pm On Nov 26, 2014
Na brt sure pass....Na God dey save person sa
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by gwas(m): 9:04pm On Nov 26, 2014
philipstweets:
Good evening pals, just got back from work and i want to share my story with you. I also need your contribution and experiences.

I work at Festac but i live at Apapa. I boarded a Mile 2 bus at Festac. When I got to mile2 bustop by 7:30pm, I boarded a danfo bus (LT35) to Apapa. The bus has five rows and i was at the middle. As we left mile2, there was traffic immediately after the bridge.

While pressing my phone, the girl at the extreme back near the window who was pressing her phone shouted "JESUS!!!!" We all looked back thinking that the truck behind us was about to hit us.

However,what we saw was a young guy in all black attire and a face cap trying to pick up something from the floor outside.

Suddenly, the conductor started shouting "Ole! Ole!! Ole!!!" (thief thief thief)

Before the conductor could even get down from the bus, the guy took to his heels. He ran into the other side of the road and we didnt see him again.....That was when we realized that he had stolen the Samsung S5 belonging to the girl sitting near the window..

And that was it, the phone was gone just like that. I was in shock till i got home.

Share your own Mile 2 experience.
It's either you are a JJC or the indoor type in Lagos. This ish has been in existence since the introduction of mobile phones to Lagos.
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by Sagamite(m): 9:10pm On Nov 26, 2014
dew1:
And your topic made it seem like you were robbed...

No blame am.

Na Patience Jonathan be im Engrish grammar teasha.

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by Nobody: 9:21pm On Nov 26, 2014
Mile2? The same mile 2? My first encounter with robbers was in mile 2...2008. An experience I will never forget
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by pablus: 9:35pm On Nov 26, 2014
thanks, buddy!
philipstweets:
typing
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by CyracksMrBlogger(m): 9:47pm On Nov 26, 2014
datguru:
And you call this your encounter? Listen let me share briefly, an experience with aro baggers in RSUST ( rivers state university of science and technology)

On a cool evening after lectures, I followed the back gate with my friends and we were going towards azikiwe. Just before the gate, we saw a nigga sitting in the field and we all knew he is a nigga because odin is working in him.

Nigga: aboy ! Aboy!! Aboy!!!

We all kept silent as if we didn't hear

Nigga: wey you! Aboy!!!

We then decided to stop to avoid problem.

Nigga: three of una make una come, infact make only that middle guy come ( that's me)

I was a fresher and the other guys were in year 3 so I think he had a target.

Nigga: na you abi, so na you!!

I was shivering and wondering what he meant.

Me: senior boy wetin I do now, I just follow my friends dey come back from lecture.

Nigga: shut up! I dey talk you dey talk, you want make I start to dey cut you? So na you! You follow for one of those guys wey fall our man for mile 2, no worry, you go join am today.

I was shivering very bad and my heart was pounding heavily to the extent I was stammering.

Me: senior boy no be me oo, I just come new for this place. Abeg no be me.

Nigga: you say wetin? Your own don be! No worry, you go see, shey na you be their chief strike! Na me personally go comot your eye. Na you ! You think say I no go recognise you ?

I almost pee on my clothes, then he dragged me down to where some other niggas were sitting, by this time my friends have took to their heels.

Nigga: Aro, see the manchin here! ( Talking to the other guys)

Aro: aboy wida, who goes!

I was quite, I just felt like the ground should open and swallow me. Then he comes close to me.

Aro: wetin you hold there?

Me: na just my phone and wallet

He comes closer and collects them after searching me thoroughly.

Aro: start from here dey run dey go, make you no look back. If you mumu, we go just waste you here. *slaps my head* oya dey run.

Me: I took to my heels and ran as fast as my legs could carry me.

Even as I'm typing this thing, I'm still shivering. No be small thing that day
na naija film abi na ghana film? Be like say i don watch that film
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by 100Cents: 10:01pm On Nov 26, 2014
dew1:
And your topic made it seem like you were robbed...

I think say nah Boko haram rob the guy commando style..

Op will make a good journalist with catchy headlines and empty stories..
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by 100Cents: 10:06pm On Nov 26, 2014
jjwaterfalls:
One of d reasons why I hav always bin scared of relocating to lagos. sad

I'm sure you will if you get a job there.

But for me, Lagos is Nada.
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by hismond(m): 10:19pm On Nov 26, 2014
abeg com Ilaje down for Bariga, na slap dem go use reset ur brain, na u go tender evry wey u carry

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by Nobody: 10:22pm On Nov 26, 2014
jjwaterfalls:
One of d reasons why I hav always bin scared of relocating to lagos. sad
pls don't go there,I hate that city,despite is economy bedrock of Nigeria but I still hate it.(thief city).
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by philkoms: 10:43pm On Nov 26, 2014
Eko akete Ilu Ogbon,that is a sorry case
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by jjwaterfalls(f): 10:54pm On Nov 26, 2014
100Cents:

I'm sure you will if you get a job there.

But for me, Lagos is Nada.

Nahhh!!!!!!
Lagos is a no no 4me, I hav had job oppurtunities der b4, aBuja is okay 4 me. Only one reason can make me relocate To lagos. I reserve my remaining comments smiley
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by 53cur3m0d3(m): 10:56pm On Nov 26, 2014
Lagos!
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by dew1: 10:56pm On Nov 26, 2014
johnstar:
hmmm... He did a badt tn sharing it ryt
That's not my point...
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by dew1: 10:59pm On Nov 26, 2014
sparkless96:
aint u happy he was nt the victim. he is just sharing wat he witnessed.
I'm happy he wasn't the victim......all the same..
Isn't the topic still misleading??
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by dew1: 10:59pm On Nov 26, 2014
100Cents:

I think say nah Boko haram rob the guy commando style..

Op will make a good journalist with catchy headlines and empty stories..
Lool
Exactly!!!
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by Nobody: 11:03pm On Nov 26, 2014
fflamingo:
Lagos taught me the principle of holding, hiding, keeping safe guarding my bag like heaven depends on it

Wearing a fitted jeans & walking fast too...
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by Nobody: 11:04pm On Nov 26, 2014
philipstweets:
Good evening pals, just got back from work and i want to share my story with you. I also need your contribution and experiences.

I work at Festac but i live at Apapa. I boarded a Mile 2 bus at Festac. When I got to mile2 bustop by 7:30pm, I boarded a danfo bus (LT35) to Apapa. The bus has five rows and i was at the middle. As we left mile2, there was traffic immediately after the bridge.

While pressing my phone, the girl at the extreme back near the window who was pressing her phone shouted "JESUS!!!!" We all looked back thinking that the truck behind us was about to hit us.

However,what we saw was a young guy in all black attire and a face cap trying to pick up something from the floor outside.

Suddenly, the conductor started shouting "Ole! Ole!! Ole!!!" (thief thief thief)

Before the conductor could even get down from the bus, the guy took to his heels. He ran into the other side of the road and we didnt see him again.....That was when we realized that he had stolen the Samsung S5 belonging to the girl sitting near the window..

And that was it, the phone was gone just like that. I was in shock till i got home.

Imagine someone with S5 & still dey board danfo...I no fit laff

2 Likes

Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by 9jatatafo(m): 11:11pm On Nov 26, 2014
This girl na indomie generation. If you are a real omo eko, Lagos of old when Oshodi was Oshodi, Mushin was hot and the like, you will always shine your eyes. This is Lagos, no forming ooo!

2 Likes

Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by stanley2777(m): 11:12pm On Nov 26, 2014
Hmm...this was similar to an experience I had
Along Iyana-Oworo road. This course,the thief stabbed the man using his phone close to the window with a broken Coke bottle. But he didn't succeed in stealing the phone,he ran off straight into the bush. Left the victim bleeding.
I saw this with my koro-koro eyes... I was extremely amazed

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by 9jatatafo(m): 11:12pm On Nov 26, 2014
This girl na indom.ie generation. If you are a real omo eko, Lagos of old when Oshodi was Oshodi, Mushin was hot and the like, you will always shine your eyes. This is Lagos, no forming ooo!
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by Nobody: 11:14pm On Nov 26, 2014
Lagos and robber,lagos and accident, Lagos and building collapse, lagos and scam,lagos and poverty,,,,,, mcheeeew.
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by smudge2079(m): 11:27pm On Nov 26, 2014
U ve got to be smart. Dis is Lagos.
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by BOUNTYDOG(m): 11:38pm On Nov 26, 2014
philipstweets:

He be like na yesterday u cum lagos.
Dat na old strategy na.dem don upgare now wella.
As sharp measures,I keep my fone under my seat while using the car kit to charge & my glass is down,in D bus I don't like using my fones especially wen I'm @ D window seat ,cos dis is Lagos I know if someone snatches it nobody will help u chase,and b4 u get out of D bus,D fone would ve disappeared.
Lagos everybody is O Y O.

2 Likes

Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by Nobody: 11:52pm On Nov 26, 2014
Na so I bring ma S4 out dey press beside window, one girl told me 'you might wanna get ur phone inside pocket or close the window' I said shooooowwww. Na so I for enter gbege for this yeye city. 'Thank you darling' I responded with my Chineke mind.
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by BOUNTYDOG(m): 11:57pm On Nov 26, 2014
My encounter with armed robbers on that road was like 7yrs ago,I ran into a ditch in D midnight which busted my rim & I got a flat tyre immediately along cele ijesha express road,.I stopped to change to extra and alas I saw groups of boys alighting from the side of the road towards me,choi I quickly removed my fones and some tangible money on me and put under my foot mats v smartly.leaving only D cheap nokia & some probably change,less dan 2k& dey asked wat was wrong,I came out of D car & told dem i ave a flat tyre and want to change wit D extra,as I got out of D car one of dem went to my seat .I was like "mogbe" den I tried to get bak to my seat dat was wen dey changed and told me to stay and bring out my pockets,I said I don't have money,if I did I would ve changed D tyre like 2wks ago as its been bad 4 a while,dey now started dipping hands in my pocket & brought out all had in dem,and only returned my nokia fone 2 me,searched D car dashboard and left.omo cum see race with the flat tyre.I drove it like dat to my aunty's house in surulere with speed sef.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Senate President: Tinubu Frustrated As Saraki Emerges Front-runner / Cooking Gas Price Rises By 45% / Buhari Commissions Central Hospital, Benin City, Edo (See Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.