Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,518 members, 7,808,888 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:41 PM

NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 - Jobs/Vacancies (152) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 (741664 Views)

Kpmg Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 / Schlumberger/mi Swaco Aptitude Test On 6/6/2014. Let's Meet Here! / Nnpc Aptitude And Knowledge Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (195) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Chriso2: 2:56pm On Mar 22, 2015
UnknownT:
lol. Just like a friend of mine who never applied, wrote the test told me that a source in NNPC asked her to pay #500k at a stretch (not installmentally) for the NNPC job

grin shocked cool bygone/forgone investment
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by allendk: 4:30pm On Mar 22, 2015
Please is anyone aware of the NNPC interview that took place yesterday 21 Mar. I was reliable informed by a friend this morning. Surprising he said the interview took place in lagos.
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Busbar(m): 5:16pm On Mar 22, 2015
allendk:
Please is anyone aware of the NNPC interview that took place yesterday 21 Mar. I was reliable informed by a friend this morning. Surprising he said the interview took place in lagos.
you mean promotional interview for the staff?
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by dcdee: 8:10am On Mar 23, 2015
Morning people, I don't know if you are aware of this new advert that NNPC is recruiting nationwide. I saw details on line and sent my application. Pls I need help, read this response,before I discard it,kuz I'm having doubts and suspicions. Thank you.

Dear Applicant,your resume and request application has been observed and processed,and you have been stated for listing and recruitment.Contact the human resource manager ENG Femi Ola on 08103329185 for form purchase info and interview details.Be duely noted that job vacancy is only stated in Nigeria and applicants from outer countries will be asked to relocate for job opportunity.Any form of indiscipline is not tolerated as management will not be held responsible for disapproval of application due to inability to relocate to Nigeria. An agreement will be signed in your application form when purchased form licensed authority.

Signed:management
Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by bloom84: 8:26am On Mar 23, 2015
SCAM. You don't need a prophet to tell you that

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by chuqqym: 8:36am On Mar 23, 2015
dcdee:
Morning people, I don't know if you are aware of this new advert that NNPC is recruiting nationwide. I saw details on line and sent my application. Pls I need help, read this response,before I discard it,kuz I'm having doubts and suspicions. Thank you.

Dear Applicant,your resume and request application has been observed and processed,and you have been stated for listing and recruitment.Contact the human resource manager ENG Femi Ola on 08103329185 for form purchase info and interview details.Be duely noted that job vacancy is only stated in Nigeria and applicants from outer countries will be asked to relocate for job opportunity.Any form of indiscipline is not tolerated as management will not be held responsible for disapproval of application due to inability to relocate to Nigeria. An agreement will be signed in your application form when purchased form licensed authority.

If you fall for this, you can fall for anything.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by scarletdp(m): 8:52am On Mar 23, 2015
dcdee:

REALLY!!! you are having doubts? Are you freaking kidding me?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by dcdee: 8:52am On Mar 23, 2015
chuqqym:

If you fall for this, you can fall for anything.

Dts embarassing. I just wntd oda ppl's opinions. Tnx
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by topygel: 9:11am On Mar 23, 2015
dcdee:

Dts embarassing. I just wntd oda ppl's opinions. Tnx

Not at all bro, this is too cheap

1 Like

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by MrPumpyn: 9:56am On Mar 23, 2015
dcdee:

lol no go purchase any form o! Engineer Femi ola na Scammer
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by tempest01(m): 4:23pm On Mar 23, 2015
dcdee:

I think this guy is the one trying to scam others....posting this as if he is the victim

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by QED1: 6:08pm On Mar 23, 2015
babacha:

Chairman if u think learning english now is the best way u work on urself, den u are making a mistake. If u want to work on urselfn go and acquire training and skill that are relevant to oil and gas coy and ur field of study, no company will pick an engineer who speak english well with zero technical skill and training, thay need an engineer who can do the job not engineer who can blow grammar. Great engineers are people who solve technical problem not people who blow grammar. Don't think u are developing urself more dan others in this room cos is after the interview we will know who has realy develop himself, I can tell u dat most guys here will speak less in the interview, their professional ccertifications and technical experience is what will give dem the job not the english they speak. don't take any body who pass the aptitude test for granted

No offence but the short-sighted news in your write up is funny and alarming.

1. NNPC is NOT recruiting only engineers.
2. Even if Einstein is your ancestor, and you have the fattest CV, and you cannot communicate, no one will even get to see what you're about. Your diction will be a turn off. What will be the point of getting the required skill set and training when you can't even tell them what you have?
3. Be you a doctor or an engineer, you won't be interviewed with Hausa, Igbo or Yoruba. You will be interviewed with English. We're all here awaiting the interviews and you think you shouldn't prepare all round? Really?

Bro, go online, inform yourself on interview techniques and prepare. I'm sure you'll find out it's not just about what you know. Because no matter your qualification, if you can't sell it, no one will buy it. I hope they'll buy yours. Cheers!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by QED1: 6:29pm On Mar 23, 2015
Badema:
I still stand by the principle of rectification! This English is becoming so unpopular, let's go preserve it for the intended interviews. Now, its time to put logic before negation and brainstorm on how we can collectively be judicious to scale through the panel.

Ask questions, give answers, raise issues, burn problems to ashes!!! Someone got to take the lead please.

Good you raised this. Let's start from our last time out. I found out the panel had a professional from every field possible, or based on those invited for interviews for the day (proof still that it's not just about engineers).

1. The most unnerving question you'll get is "tell us about yourself". Start preparing your answers already. It may sound easy, but try answering this yourself right now. Difficult right?

2. The professional on your panel will ask you a very random question from your field of study. The aim is to see you can defend your 2'1. So, be sure you prepare well based on your field of study.

3. This is optional, but when they ask you "any questions?" please ask them something smart, but not too technical. Ask them how they are contributing to other sectors of the economy. Ask them the measures they've taken in the face of the oil price slump. Something smart.

Let's share our experience too and hopefully learn from each other. Cheers!

3 Likes

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by babacha: 7:01pm On Mar 23, 2015
QED1:

2. Even if Einstein is your ancestor, and you have the fattest CV, and you cannot communicate, no one will even get to see what you're about. Your diction will be a turn off. What will be the point of getting the required skill set and training when you can't even tell them what you have?
3. Be you a doctor or an engineer, you won't be interviewed with Hausa, Igbo or Yoruba. You will be interviewed with English. We're all here awaiting the interviews and you think you shouldn't prepare all round? Really?

Bro, go online, inform yourself on interview techniques and prepare. I'm sure you'll find out it's not just about what you know. Because no matter your qualification, if you can't sell it, no one will buy it. I hope they'll buy yours. Cheers!

So what make u think dat some one who pass the nnpc aptitude test cannot sell homself? U were telling some one on this forum to go and work on himself and learn english, what make u think u are beta dan dat person u were insulting on dis forum, do u think sppeaking grammar make u beta?
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Nobody: 7:08pm On Mar 23, 2015
QED1:

Good you raised this. Let's start from our last time out. I found out the panel had a professional from every field possible, or based on those invited for interviews for the day (proof still that it's not just about engineers).

1. The most unnerving question you'll get is "tell us about yourself". Start preparing your answers already. It may sound easy, but try answering this yourself right now. Difficult right?

2. The professional on your panel will ask you a very random question from your field of study. The aim is to see you can defend your 2'1. So, be sure you prepare well based on your field of study.

3. This is optional, but when they ask you "any questions?" please ask them something smart, but not too technical. Ask them how they are contributing to other sectors of the economy. Ask them the measures they've taken in the face of the oil price slump. Something smart.

Let's share our experience too and hopefully learn from each other. Cheers!

I always visit this thread with hopes that someone like uu will emerge. Thanks for steering the thread back in the right direction.

Let's not forget to dress our best, no use of slangs like yea, yup and the likes. Be confident, imagine them without a suit or whatever intimidating attire, they could be a random dude on the street or a gateman. Also brushing up on our core is very important. For the Accountants like myself, IFRS is always lurking around the corner lol.
Everyone here should have atleast composed a very intimidating "tell me about yourself" concise essay. Say something that would make them remember u when u walk out. That's how I've gotten all my jobs thus far. The "do u have any question" part is also very key. Ask a genuine question that would be easy for them to answer but something an outsider may not know. Lastly, smile. Pray before u embark on these things and after u have done them but not in-between doing them. Everyone is gonna pray, what u do aafter the prayer will be the answer to ur prayer.

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Nobody: 7:15pm On Mar 23, 2015
babacha:

So what make u think dat some one who pass the nnpc aptitude test cannot sell homself? U were telling some one on this forum to go and work on himself and learn english, what make u think u are beta dan dat person u were insulting on dis forum, do u think sppeaking grammar make u beta?

I've never seen someone with poor grammar succeed in the corporate world. Have u ever heard an M.D or CEO or the likes with poor diction? Whatever cert u have, someone else has it as well, the deciding factor Btw the both of u might be how u sell urself. Grammar has a lot to do with that.

3 Likes

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by babacha: 7:28pm On Mar 23, 2015
QED1:

Bro no think say sit down for house o, am current working and this is the 3rd coy am working with in the oil and gas sector and no be grammar I take dey pass the interview. I no need to go online to inform myself, I get plenty interview experience o bros

The point am trying to help guys understand is dis forum is to stop attacking people write up and be claiming dat they know english more, see every body here who pass the aptitude test as a potential nnpc staff, u may be claiming english lecturer and correcting people write up but u will be surprise that the person u are correcting here may sell himself more dan u on d deal day. Even if u want to correct, send the person a PM not insulting him or her publicly, well during school days, no be people who dey show demself for class get first class

6 Likes

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by UGLYS: 7:50pm On Mar 23, 2015
babacha:

Bro no think say sit down for house o, am current working and this is the 3rd coy am working with in the oil and gas sector and no be grammar I take dey pass the interview. I no need to go online to inform myself, I get plenty interview experience o bros

The point am trying to help guys understand is dis forum is to stop attacking people write up and be claiming dat they know english more, see every body here who pass the aptitude test as a potential nnpc staff, u may be claiming english lecturer and correcting people write up but u will be surprise that the person u are correcting here may sell himself more dan u on d deal day. Even if u want to correct, send the person a PM not insulting him or her publicly, well during school days, no be people who dey show demself for class get first class

I am tempted to reply you but my Self-control is 95%. I used 5% to tell you about it.

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by prelinctus: 8:48pm On Mar 23, 2015
Now, everybody has started claiming that they've worked with several companies as if it's such a good thing. Little minds...

3 Likes

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Barby101: 10:20pm On Mar 23, 2015
The people saying English is not a necessity are actually the ones prolonging this matter. There is nothing wrong if you make a mistake and you are corrected. No one is perfect and we are all learning.

But it becomes a concern that one makes a mistake and is being corrected but he/she refuses correction and instead, tries to prove he is right.

It's even of greater concern that a graduate will say English is not a necessity in Engineering, knowing fully well that 1)NNPC isn't recruiting only Engineers. 2)a good communication skill takes you far in life. We are all GT's/OT's, and thus, your technical experience is not really needed. It is your ability to COMMUNICATE to them why they should hire you amongst your peers.

If you are corrected, it's for your good. Accept it and move on so we can discuss better things here

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by KINGTELLER: 7:28am On Mar 24, 2015
Barby101:
The people saying English is not a necessity are actually the ones prolonging this matter. There is nothing wrong if you make a mistake and you are corrected. No one is perfect and we are all learning.

But it becomes a concern that one makes a mistake and is being corrected but he/she refuses correction and instead, tries to prove he is right.

It's even of greater concern that a graduate will say English is not a necessity in Engineering, knowing fully well that 1)NNPC isn't recruiting only Engineers. 2)a good communication skill takes you far in life. We are all GT's/OT's, and thus, your technical experience is not really needed. It is your ability to COMMUNICATE to them why they should hire you amongst your pairs.

If you are corrected, it's for your good. Accept it and move on so we can discuss better things here

The bolded, are u kidding me ??

1 Like

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Ozugbo(m): 8:20am On Mar 24, 2015
Barby101:

It's even of greater concern that a graduate will say English is not a necessity in Engineering, knowing fully well that 1)NNPC isn't recruiting only Engineers. 2)a good communication skill takes you far in life. We are all GT's/OT's, and thus, your technical experience is not really needed. It is your ability to COMMUNICATE to them why they should hire you amongst your pairs.

'FULLY WELL' shud read 'FULL WELL'

1 Like

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by scarletdp(m): 8:50am On Mar 24, 2015
KINGTELLER:

The bolded, are u kidding me ??

YES. It is not really needed. Some companies allow medoicre minds conduct their interview, that's why they go off rail.
A normal GT interview should be all about questions surrounding, Leadership, Teamwork, ability to learn quickly e.t.c.
Its a Graduate Trainee. Its suppose to be for peeps who just graduated from school.
However, the situation of things in the country has forced the hands of our employers, that's why we have it as it is today.
Anyways, What it should be isn't what it is.
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by scarletdp(m): 8:52am On Mar 24, 2015
UGLYS:

I am tempted to reply you but my Self-control is 95%. I used 5% to tell you about it.

Haha. Nice one.
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by KINGTELLER: 9:02am On Mar 24, 2015
scarletdp:

YES. It is not really needed. Some companies allow medoicre minds conduct their interview, that's why they go off rail.
A normal GT interview should be all about questions surrounding, Leadership, Teamwork, ability to learn quickly e.t.c.
Its a Graduate Trainee. Its suppose to be for peeps who just graduated from school.
However, the situation of things in the country has forced the hands of our employers, that's why we have it as it is today.
Anyways, What it should be isn't what it is.

Okay, I buy that explanation for GT but I'm skeptical if it's applicable to OPT... Technicality counts in engineering

1 Like

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Switlife: 9:32am On Mar 24, 2015
Civilisation took some people unawares. cheesy

1 Like

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Barby101: 10:00am On Mar 24, 2015
Ozugbo:
'FULLY WELL' shud read 'FULL WELL'

Thanks. You are right. But fully is a synonym for full. Just as entirely, very; hence they could be used in same sentence. And the word 'full well' is a traditional style of English.
But yea, thanks again.
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by prelinctus: 10:54am On Mar 24, 2015
Barby101:

Thanks. You are right. But fully is a synonym for full. Just as entirely, very; hence they could be used in same sentence. And the word 'full well' is a traditional style of English.
But yea, thanks again.
It's 'yes'.

3 Likes

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by scarletdp(m): 10:56am On Mar 24, 2015
prelinctus:

It's 'yes'.

grin grin
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by babacha: 11:13am On Mar 24, 2015
Barby101:

It's even of greater concern that a graduate will say English is not a necessity in Engineering, knowing fully well that 1)NNPC isn't recruiting only Engineers. 2)a good communication skill takes you far in life. We are all GT's/OT's, and thus, your technical experience is not really needed. It is your ability to COMMUNICATE to them why they should hire you amongst your peers.

Go and study ur english text book and dictionary for the interview. Just to ask u one question, how many interviewer hav u seen dat use grammar to ask u question in an interview? They all use simple english dat even a primary school student will understand or terms relating to ur field of study.
My humble advice to those in the technical field
1, If u have any technical experience, pls go and research more about it
2, If u don't have any experience, ensure dat ur school project reflect on ur CV and prepare to defend it again, dat show u are also technically incline. Instead of studying english now, study technical terms relating to ur field.

Dis is where I rest my case about english or no english, grammar or no grammar Thank u all

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Barby101: 11:37am On Mar 24, 2015
prelinctus:

It's 'yes'.

Hahahaha grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (195) (Reply)

Etisalat Customer Care Job / Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel / 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.