Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,361 members, 7,808,260 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:30 AM

Court Papers In Suit On Jonathan’s Eligibility Have Been Stolen - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Papers In Suit On Jonathan’s Eligibility Have Been Stolen (802 Views)

Court Papers Reveal That The NIC Never Reinstated Sacked Rivers Chairmen / We’ve Not Received Court Papers On New Party –INEC / Obanikoro's Lawyers Write Sahara Reporters (see Court Papers) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Papers In Suit On Jonathan’s Eligibility Have Been Stolen by freezone4real(f): 12:24am On Nov 25, 2014
Court papers in suit on Jonathan’s eligibility have been stolen

Something sinister is going on... A lawyer involved in the prosecution of the case challenging President Goodluck Jonathan’s eligibility in the 2015 presidential election, Wahab Olatoye, has revealed that the vital documents needed to prosecute the case have been stolen.

He said some men broke into his office in Abuja on Friday and stole “most of the files containing documents to be used in the eligibility suit and other vital documents.”

His office at Suite 33, Manga Plaza, Garki Area 11 was burgled on Friday night and vital documents he was using to pursue his case against the President and other vital documents were taken away.
He said, “It is really a great surprise to me, when I was called on Saturday morning that my office had been burgled by yet- to-be identified persons. It was my office alone that was burgled of the offices in the plaza. The thieves came in through the ceiling and ransacked the files.

“Although, they made away with the money I left in the office, they also stole documents, especially the ones I am using in pursuing my case against the eligibility of President Jonathan to contest the election.

“As a plaintiff in the matter and a lawyer, there are some documents I need to hand over to my lawyers, which I kept in the office. My computers were also destroyed, the office safe was damaged.

“The matter has been reported at the FCDA Police Station in Garki. The police have promised to come on Monday morning (Today) for further investigation.”

Olatoye and Adejumo Ajagbe filed the suit before the Federal High Court, Abuja seeking an order restraining the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and the Attorney-General of the Federation (AGF) from allowing Jonathan and Vice President Namadi Sambo to seek re-election next year.

Olatoye and Ajagbe are contending that by the virtue of provisions of sections 132(1), 135(2)(a) and (b), 137(1)(b), 142(1) and (2) of the constitution, the President and the Vice President elected in the same election and sworn into office on the same date were taken to have been elected for one term of four years.

The plaintiffs also contended that by the virtue of the oaths taken by Jonathan and Sambo following the death of President Umaru Yar’adua in 2010 and their subsequent re-election in 2011, both of them were deemed to have completed the two terms allowed by law.

Justice Ahmed Mohammed has fixed December 1 for hearing in the suit.

What's Your Reaction On This?
Re: Court Papers In Suit On Jonathan’s Eligibility Have Been Stolen by Polithiefcian(m): 12:26am On Nov 25, 2014
What do you expect?

Lol smart peeps cool
Re: Court Papers In Suit On Jonathan’s Eligibility Have Been Stolen by saaedlee: 12:26am On Nov 25, 2014
Story for the gods
Re: Court Papers In Suit On Jonathan’s Eligibility Have Been Stolen by jeremiah4321: 12:28am On Nov 25, 2014
shocked
There we go again. Ok oooo. No security in this country.

1 Like

Re: Court Papers In Suit On Jonathan’s Eligibility Have Been Stolen by Nobody: 12:54am On Nov 25, 2014
no soft copy? well he dey hapen for american film too.... grin
Re: Court Papers In Suit On Jonathan’s Eligibility Have Been Stolen by ayukdaboss(m): 3:00am On Nov 25, 2014
Seun, OAMJ47 , Ishilove FP!
Re: Court Papers In Suit On Jonathan’s Eligibility Have Been Stolen by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 3:39am On Nov 25, 2014
Ghen ghen!
Re: Court Papers In Suit On Jonathan’s Eligibility Have Been Stolen by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 3:40am On Nov 25, 2014
Re: Court Papers In Suit On Jonathan’s Eligibility Have Been Stolen by msmon(m): 4:26am On Nov 25, 2014
I'm not surprise.
Re: Court Papers In Suit On Jonathan’s Eligibility Have Been Stolen by freezone4real(f): 4:26pm On Nov 25, 2014
The Government of Thieves
Re: Court Papers In Suit On Jonathan’s Eligibility Have Been Stolen by VICTORCIZA(m): 5:03pm On Nov 25, 2014
Apc stole those documents to discredit Gej. bunch of desperadoes!!!

1 Like

Re: Court Papers In Suit On Jonathan’s Eligibility Have Been Stolen by chaloner(m): 6:52pm On Nov 25, 2014
So u dey tel me dat tin no get photocopy or u no get photocopy machine ....... U sure say u pass gst 101 ?
Re: Court Papers In Suit On Jonathan’s Eligibility Have Been Stolen by Youngzedd(m): 7:56pm On Nov 25, 2014
Let it be true, am tired of GEJ Administration.

PDP should select another candidate, APC is no go area.

1 Like

Re: Court Papers In Suit On Jonathan’s Eligibility Have Been Stolen by atinukedam(f): 8:32pm On Nov 25, 2014
Youngzedd:

dat my own prayer 2,apc is a total rubbish party ooo
Re: Court Papers In Suit On Jonathan’s Eligibility Have Been Stolen by freezone4real(f): 1:48pm On Nov 27, 2014
Youngzedd:

if u cant go to Apc then go back to Ijaw Republic
Re: Court Papers In Suit On Jonathan’s Eligibility Have Been Stolen by Youngzedd(m): 3:02pm On Nov 27, 2014
freezone4real:

if u cant go to Apc then go back to Ijaw Republic

Not a bad idea.

(1) (Reply)

Tambuwal Asks Court To Send Police IG To Prison For Contempt / Jonathan VS Buhari: The Battle This Time / Dele Momodu Writes A Passionate Open Letter To General Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.