Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,899 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:33 AM

Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State (41836 Views)

FLASH| IGR Of Anambra Up By 30%, As Obiano Works Miracles / Latest Ranking Of States By Financial Sustainability, Debt And IGR (PICS) / Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by Boss13: 2:46pm On Nov 25, 2014
basilo101:
Wen FG quote financial statistics indicating a growth in d economy of d country, dey wil ask "how does dat reflect in d lyf of ordinary nigerians"? But wen FG does same 4 IGR of states dey start rejoicing without asking same question. I'm frm enugu state dat generates highest IGR in d SE but honestly Anambra is a comercial hub and has d highest standard of living. To hell wit IGR, i prefer more moni in d pockets of d masses.

God bless you in three folds. Some people do not understand. Oil has spoilt us, now it will punish us. Since people do not understand what IGR means. It means taxes and taxes means taking money away from the populace. Even if you do not pay taxes now, either because you are a student or you are hiding, you will one day start to pay and when you do, probably you will understand. Funny how people rejoice over IGR, when some people are complaining that Lagos state is taxing them so much.
Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by Desola(f): 2:47pm On Nov 25, 2014
Desola:
[/quote][quote author=Gbawe post=28335650]

Bro, you think I am a liar like you, Tomakint and other shameless Nigerians always using 'football age' that sees grown men of 35 pretending to be 16 on a football pitch and calling young European boys of 18 their "egbon" like the unkept old man Tomakint is doing here shamelessly?

As this is a politics forum, I will use an example of Dimeji Bankole (he is 44) to make a point since he is one of Nigeria's most prominent young Politicians haven been a former speaker HOR.

I urge the entire forum to now pray with me.

If Dimeji Bankole is my egbon (older brother) age-wise then may God continue to bless and accord me success as has been the case till now. Misfortune will then be your lot from now and henceforth if the above is true and the same misfortune should befall me if it is a lie and I am indeed as old as Dimeji Bankole let alone be considered an old man. I say a big Amen to this prayer and Nairalanders are welcomed to help me say amen to this prayer too to make it more potent.

When the misfortune and bad luck begin to come your way then you will know why cool cool cool cool cool

At least we have seen pictures of Tomakint to know 100% he is an ugly, poverty-stricken, shabbily-dressed and urchin-like 'arugbo'.

You are bigger than this Gbawe, you should not have stooped to their level of juvenilise.

Debate the facts as you have been doing and leave the immature rants to them. You must not fall for this stale attempt at derailment.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by pendy79: 2:47pm On Nov 25, 2014
phantom:

c'mon! are you saying the bolded doesnt nut pay some form of tax in lagos? shocked shocked shocked

Walk into a bank and see how personal income tax is calculated. Tax from biz like that goes to customs and FIRS as it is the Importers who pays to bring in those parts. This tax goes to the federal government accounts not the states.
Ladipo traders may likely pay tax to the local government their shop tax and radio/tv license etc that they pay to the council. How of those in ladipo do a tax return? How many pay their staff through the banks that the state take PAYE from? Most things in the market goes to the local government account as their own IGR. The state only demand a lumpsum from their market leaders for land usage and environmental charges and not tax per se.

What tax does a tomato seller in mile 12 pays into the state as personal tax? What is the difference between the 2? Such market are not regulated and can't be assessed for taxation like a salary earner or a corporate entity.

That's the difference.

7 Likes

Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by atlwireles: 2:50pm On Nov 25, 2014
Ttalk:

Who is talking about overtax?

The same people that are agitating for Jonathan to completely remove the fuel subsidy?

The same people that can afford the price of petrol even if its sold at N200

We will continue to puncture saTANist lies,

Can we then conclude that you enjoy being over taxed

Tell me reasons that would make a sane human run from a tax free region to the one that want to tax him to death

I want government out of petroleum down stream sector, because they enable corruption and cause more problems, than help the sector.

I want subsides removed, because it has killed too many jobs, stopped innovation and created a band of briefcase billionaire.

Remove subsidy, give states the money so they can provide free food in primary and secondary schools, plus a national retirement program for all people above the age of 65 in their different regions.

Government has no business in the petroleum sector, period. Besides acting as a regulator.

Petroleum subsidy as it is today, is a tax on the poor.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by shizzleStar: 2:50pm On Nov 25, 2014
Gbawe:

Bro, you think I am a liar like you, Tomakint and other shameless Nigerians always using 'football age' that sees grown men of 35 pretending to be 16 on a football pitch and calling young European boys of 18 their "egbon" like the unkept old man Tomakint is doing here shamelessly?

As this is a politics forum, I will use an example of Dimeji Bankole (he is 44) to make a point since he is one of Nigeria's most prominent young Politicians haven been a former speaker HOR.

I urge the entire forum to now pray with me.

If Dimeji Bankole is my egbon (older brother) age-wise then may God continue to bless and accord me success as has been the case till now. Misfortune will then be your lot from now and henceforth if the above is true and the same misfortune should befall me if it is a lie and I am indeed as old as Dimeji Bankole let alone be considered an old man. I say a big Amen to this prayer and Nairalanders are welcomed to help me say amen to this prayer too to make it more potent.

When the misfortune and bad luck begin to come your way then you will know why cool cool cool cool cool

At least we have seen pictures of Tomakint to know 100% he is an ugly, poverty-stricken, shabbily-dressed and urchin-like 'arugbo'.
bla...bla...you sound hurt

@bolded, you are a fat liar! you are just exhibiting your sheer hate on him, can you swear that tomakint is older than you? stop deceiving yourself grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by Desola(f): 2:50pm On Nov 25, 2014
T8ksy:

WORD!

Unfortunately, these people don't even know the meaning of the word, "shame". Anyway sha, i try to cut them some slack seeing as, its apparent that in their neck of the wood{as opposed to all other cultures, the world over, "charity begins in another man's land". Its even comical that they go about bragging about developing the land of those whom they claim, HATES them.

It sure su..c.k..s to be ..................................
Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by atlwireles: 2:51pm On Nov 25, 2014
[quote author=atlwireles post=28335898]

I
Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by Boss13: 2:52pm On Nov 25, 2014
pendy79:

Walk into a bank and see how personal income tax is calculated. Tax from biz like that goes to customs and FIRS as it is the Importers who pays to bring in those parts. This tax goes to the federal government accounts not the states.
Ladipo traders may likely pay tax to the local government their shop tax and radio/tv license etc that they pay to the council. How of those in ladipo do a tax return? How many pay their staff through the banks that the state take PAYE from? Most things in the market goes to the local government account as their own IGR. The state only demand a lumpsum from their market leaders for land usage and environmental charges and not tax per se.

What tax does a tomato seller in mile 12 pays into the state as personal tax? What is the difference between the 2? Such market are not regulated and can't be assessed for taxation like a salary earner or a corporate entity.

That's the difference.

You know taxation. You must have studied accountancy no doubt. I encourage people to go download the PWC taxation act 2013/14 for Nigeria and get educated on taxation. Getting tired of the noise with Lagos state generating more IGR.
Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by Desola(f): 2:52pm On Nov 25, 2014
pendy79:

That's the difference.

Brilliant! Now this is called critical analysis.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by Ttalk: 2:57pm On Nov 25, 2014
shizzleStar:
Permit to use one of the same word on you, you are an IDDIOT!

Did you see the comments from gbawe where he needlessly embarked on a verbal tirade on Tomakint for no justifiable reason? simply for expressing his candid opinion? yet you found it worthy to call me out while giving a blind eye to gbawes insults on the Tomakint. Your attempt at whatever nonsense you drive at is an epic fail...try again

You can do better than this bro, calling a faceless brother 'IDDIOT' shows you are hurt, how does insult on Tomakint affect you, maybe you need to defend him so he could rescue you from Gbawe who has proved beyond doubt that he is capable of handling you in a deliverance exercise of enlightenment

5 Likes

Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by Nobody: 2:57pm On Nov 25, 2014
Lagos has the highest IGR yet you see good looking people without any deformity begging for transport fare or feeding money every now and then. Please spare me all these IGR sermon that doesn't reflect in the life of an average citizen.
Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by Gbawe: 2:59pm On Nov 25, 2014
phantom:

err....sorry o! you seem to be so sure of gbawes age. if you are sure he is far older than many of us here,then i dont think its proper to insult him the way you do ...honestly! you can actually argue RESPECTFULLY with him. you can disagree with him without insults even when he does to you.

@gbawe....tone down the insults.some opinions are down right offensive and annoying but it wont cost you nothing to overlook them.

My bro, I respectfully urge you to stay out of my tete-a-tete with some posters here. You cannot know Niaraland from one thread or even from being on this forum for a year. There is no one I insult here who does not deserve it by virtue of the fact that they insulted me without provocation, at one stage or the other, while I tried to discuss productively. I used to ignore them for a long time till I realised some of them take the graciousness of others for weakness. The fool Tomakint, for example, ran around NL hurling insult at any poster who criticised GEJ. His favourite was to call every critic of GEJ old as if he is himself a teenager.

Imagine my shock when the picture-expose phase on Nairaland showed him up to be an old, ugly and scruffy hobo !!! Why should I then not pay the lying hypocrite back in his own coin when it is cretins like him destroying this forum simply because they cannot stand factual criticism of their failed messiah? As for the others, they are prejudiced and ethnocentric clowns well-known on this forum for their sectional myopia against other ethnic groups especially Yorubas, Hausas and Fulanis . I cannot stand those sort and I have no interest in being polite to them same as a black man has no kind words for a racist or white supremacist. I am a highly refined and well-mannered person and as such will never insult you and other productively polite posters but I make no apologies for insulting vile posters and uncouth agberos who feel they have a monopoly of hurling vitriol at others

11 Likes

Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by shizzleStar: 3:00pm On Nov 25, 2014
pendy79:

Why not shut up for a while and use your commonsense. What's the population of lagos? What's the population kano? Where do hear IGR pf a place is a reflection of the size of its population? Why do you people just come online and talk with reasoning upside down?

Is it the igbo man selling okrika in oshodi, the tokunbo spare part seller in ladipo or the one running after traffic selling gala that makes up the value of the IGR in lagos. Do those ones even pay tax at all? You people should stop being infantile in your reasoning and then start crying like lost sheeps without sherperds.

Lagos and its leadership by APC has eggheads not seen anywhere else in this country . Fact.......
You are a doofus.

I do not expect your ewedu brain to acknowledge the fact that population explosion has an impact on IGR in a tax regime. You can revel in self-praise and over-hyping of your deceptive party... your fvcking business cool

Now tell me since you brother gbawe keeps shying away from the question, is it the dirty, haggard looking Yoruba woman with babies on their backs selling ewa-agoyin, okpa eyin(he local drink) or is it the touts and agberos at various bus stops in lagos or the omonile that fleece land owners that makes up the value of Lagos IGR?

You can keep on running round in circles like a headless chicken...not like i care

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by Boss13: 3:03pm On Nov 25, 2014
customized13:
Lagos has the highest IGR yet you see good looking people without any deformity begging for transport fare or feeding money every now and then. Please spare me all these IGR sermon that doesn't reflect in the life of an average citizen.

IGR is a disease to the populace, the bigger it is the poorer the people. It is only a MAD MAN that dances to increased IGR, except the mad man is part of the government people terrorizing this country

1 Like

Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by shizzleStar: 3:04pm On Nov 25, 2014
Ttalk:

You can do better than this bro, calling a faceless brother 'IDDIOT' shows you are hurt, how does insult on Tomakint affect you, maybe you need to defend him so he could rescue you from Gbawe who has proved beyond doubt that he is capable of handling you in a deliverance exercise of enlightenment
what an ignorant oaf?

Expectingg you to say otherwise is like expecting shekau to denounce terrorism...lol Are you not all janjawiiid apostles after all cheesy

Abeg swerve jare

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by Boss13: 3:05pm On Nov 25, 2014
shizzleStar:
You are a doofus.

I do not expect your ewedu brain to acknowledge the fact that population explosion has an impact on IGR in a tax regime. You can revel in self-praise and over-hyping of your deceptive party... your fvcking business cool

Now tell me since you brother gbawe keeps shying away from the question, is it the dirty, haggard looking Yoruba woman with babies on their backs selling ewa-agoyin, okpa eyin(he local drink) or is it the touts and agberos at various bus stops in lagos or the omonile that fleece land owners that makes up the value of Lagos IGR?

You can keep on running round in circles like a headless chicken...not like i care

No. population has nothing to do with IGR. IGR is dependent on taxable individuals. A taxable individual is one that is eligible for taxation. You cannot tax a child, can you? Also, individual in taxation - includes taxable persons & corporate entities

4 Likes

Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by Gbawe: 3:06pm On Nov 25, 2014
shizzleStar:
bla...bla...you sound hurt

@bolded, you are a fat liar! you are just exhibiting your sheer hate on him, can you swear that tomakint is older than you? stop deceiving yourself grin

Say amen nau? Are you scared? Coward. I have said amen for you anyway. Stuupid bigot and empty loser.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by Ttalk: 3:06pm On Nov 25, 2014
@Desola you dont want to comment abi?

1 Like

Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by agabusta: 3:06pm On Nov 25, 2014
kmariko:
Disappointed with Anambra, Abia, Kano, Kaduna, Oyo and Ogun States

The report was talking about the highest IGR state from each geopolitical zone. That does not mean the 2nd in SW/SE cannot generate more than the best in the NE.
Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by agabusta: 3:07pm On Nov 25, 2014
Rexyl:

These States should go and learn from Kwara State o. I am just wondering about the secret of that State.

The report was talking about the highest IGR state from each geopolitical zone. That does not mean the 2nd in SW/SE cannot generate more than the best in the NE.
Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by Nobody: 3:07pm On Nov 25, 2014
pendy79:

That's the difference.
bros, stop spewing trash, you are probably ignorant about the fact that ladipo market and alaba international market aren't local government owned, traders in ladipo market and alaba intl market pay taxes to both local/state government of lagos. Mile12 foodstuff market is probably owned by kosofe LGA, you don't expect traders in LG owned markets to pay tax to state govt. Any trader in ladipo, alaba, computer village etc pays tax to the state government.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by Gbawe: 3:08pm On Nov 25, 2014
Desola:

You are bigger than this Gbawe, you should not have risen to their level of juvenilise.

Debate the facts as you have been doing and leave the immature rants to them. You must not fall for this stale attempt at derailment.

Abeg dear lady, permit my digression. I simply wanted to say a Tuesday prayer for our bigoted friend. Anyway, I get your point.

1 Like

Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by Bimpe29: 3:10pm On Nov 25, 2014
[quote author=kmariko post=28323079]Lagos most prepared for oil slide as IGR tops 75% of budget

Most Nigerian states, except Lagos are ill-prepared to adjust for a prolonged slide in oil prices, the most recent internally generated revenue (IGR) data from the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) shows.

Lagos State, in South West Nigeria, had internally generated revenues of N384.25 billion, equivalent to 76.9 percent of its 2013 budget of N499.10 billion.

No other state was able to go beyond the 30 percent mark for IGR as a percentage of budgeted expenditure for 2013, the NBS data showed.

Oil revenues account for up to 75 percent of the Federal budget. However, in some states like Zamfara, it goes as high as 97 percent.

The poor fiscal position of most Nigerian states come amid a 30 percent decline in oil prices since June 19, which has left the Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) disunited and dependent on non-members to shore up the market, according to former Qatari oil minister, Abdullah Bin Hamad Al Attiyah.

OPEC meets on Thursday Nov. 27 in Vienna. However, further complicating the cartels’ task is the boom in U.S. shale production, which has put the world’s biggest economy on course toward energy self-reliance.

U.S. output is expected to grow 12 percent next year, to the highest since 1970, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration.

An analysis of the most internal revenue generating state in Nigeria, from each region for 2013 showed that for the South-West region, Lagos led with N384.25 billion, South-South: Rivers N87.9 billion, South-East: Enugu N20.2 billion, North-Central: Kwara N13.83 billion, North-West: Katsina N6.85 billion, and North-East: Taraba N3.34 billion.

The data is showing that most states will be unable to pay salaries if the slide in oil prices continues, even as the Nigerian finance minister, Ngozi Okonjo –Iweala, says the country must adjust to a potential oil price shock.

“We have to adjust to the possibility that it is a permanent shock,” Okonjo – Iweala, said in an interview in London last week.

The states will have no comfort from fiscal buffers, with the Excess Crude Account depleted to $4.1 billion.

Nigeria’s gross external reserves, which are managed by the Central Bank (CBN) have also dropped 17 percent this year, to $37.2 billion as at November 20 from $43.5 billion, recorded on January 02.

The CBN will announce the outcome of its MPC meeting today (Tuesday) as it battles with a falling naira and depleting reserves.

“The CBN will be having a very important MPC meeting before the OPEC meeting as the country faces macro-economic challenges from oil price decline, reserve depletion, naira depreciation and inflation threat,” Kayode Omosebi, an equity analyst with UBA capital Plc, a Lagos based investment bank, said.

Further analysis of the NBS IGR data showed that Akwa Ibom’s IGR of N15.39 billion was equivalent to 3.25 percent of its 2013 budget of N470.1 billion.

Bayelsa’s IGR of N10.5 billion is equivalent to 3.45 percent of its 2013 budget of N304.05 billion, Delta States IGR of N50.2 billion is equivalent to 10.63 percent of its 2013 budget of N472 billion.

Anambra State’s 2013 IGR of N8.73 billion is only equivalent to 7.87 percent of its 2013 budget of N110.9 billion, Taraba’s IGR of N3.34 billion is equivalent to 4.57 percent of its 2013 budget of N73 billion, and Yobe’s IGR of N3.072 billion represents just 3.46 percent of its budgeted N88.6 billion for 2013.

Plateau State comes in at just 6.3 percent as IGR as percentage of the N133.4 billion it budgeted for 2013, while Katsina’s IGR of N6.85 billion is equivalent to 6 percent of its 2013 budget of N114.1 billion.

The import of the NBS data is that most Nigerian states are not viable without oil allocations from the centre.

BusinessDay November 25, 2014 | Filed under: Exclusive,main story | Author: PATRICK ATUANYA
Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by shizzleStar: 3:11pm On Nov 25, 2014
Boss13:

No. population has nothing to do with IGR. IGR is dependent on taxable individuals. A taxable individual is one is eligible for taxation. You cannot tax a child, will you? Also, individual in taxation - includes taxable persons & corporate entities
We are saying the same thing...tax regime. My point is, the more the population, the higher the chances of a taxable population. The child will not remain a child forever, one day he will become taxable.
Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by Boss13: 3:11pm On Nov 25, 2014
customized13:
bros, stop spewing trash, you are probably ignorant about the fact that ladipo market and alaba international market aren't local government owned, traders in ladipo market and alaba intl market pay taxes to both local/state government of lagos. Mile12 foodstuff market is probably owned by kosofe LGA, you don't expect traders in LG owned markets to pay tax to state govt. Any trader in ladipo, alaba, computer village etc pays tax to the state government.

Chief, download Pricewatercooper House taxation law for 2013/2014 (Nigeria). LGA are responsibile for council taxes, State responsible for Personal Income Taxes and other State taxes, Federal Government - Custom duties, Import taxes, VAT etc

3 Likes

Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by Desola(f): 3:12pm On Nov 25, 2014
shizzleStar:
You are a doofus.

Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by Curlieweed: 3:13pm On Nov 25, 2014
atlwireles:

I want government out of petroleum down stream sector, because they enable corruption and cause more problems, than help the sector.

I want subsides removed, because it has killed too many jobs, stopped innovation and created a band of briefcase billionaire.

Remove subsidy, give states the money so they can provide free food in primary and secondary schools, plus a national retirement program for all people above the age of 65 in their different regions.

Government has no business in the petroleum sector, period. Besides acting as a regulator.

Thanks, Bro.
Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by Bimpe29: 3:15pm On Nov 25, 2014
kmariko:
Lagos most prepared for oil slide as IGR tops 75% of budget

Most Nigerian states, except Lagos are ill-prepared to adjust for a prolonged slide in oil prices, the most recent internally generated revenue (IGR) data from the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) shows.

Lagos State, in South West Nigeria, had internally generated revenues of N384.25 billion, equivalent to 76.9 percent of its 2013 budget of N499.10 billion.

No other state was able to go beyond the 30 percent mark for IGR as a percentage of budgeted expenditure for 2013, the NBS data showed.

Oil revenues account for up to 75 percent of the Federal budget. However, in some states like Zamfara, it goes as high as 97 percent.

The poor fiscal position of most Nigerian states come amid a 30 percent decline in oil prices since June 19, which has left the Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) disunited and dependent on non-members to shore up the market, according to former Qatari oil minister, Abdullah Bin Hamad Al Attiyah.

OPEC meets on Thursday Nov. 27 in Vienna. However, further complicating the cartels’ task is the boom in U.S. shale production, which has put the world’s biggest economy on course toward energy self-reliance.

U.S. output is expected to grow 12 percent next year, to the highest since 1970, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration.

An analysis of the most internal revenue generating state in Nigeria, from each region for 2013 showed that for the South-West region, Lagos led with N384.25 billion, South-South: Rivers N87.9 billion, South-East: Enugu N20.2 billion, North-Central: Kwara N13.83 billion, North-West: Katsina N6.85 billion, and North-East: Taraba N3.34 billion.

The data is showing that most states will be unable to pay salaries if the slide in oil prices continues, even as the Nigerian finance minister, Ngozi Okonjo –Iweala, says the country must adjust to a potential oil price shock.

“We have to adjust to the possibility that it is a permanent shock,” Okonjo – Iweala, said in an interview in London last week.

The states will have no comfort from fiscal buffers, with the Excess Crude Account depleted to $4.1 billion.

Nigeria’s gross external reserves, which are managed by the Central Bank (CBN) have also dropped 17 percent this year, to $37.2 billion as at November 20 from $43.5 billion, recorded on January 02.

The CBN will announce the outcome of its MPC meeting today (Tuesday) as it battles with a falling naira and depleting reserves.

“The CBN will be having a very important MPC meeting before the OPEC meeting as the country faces macro-economic challenges from oil price decline, reserve depletion, naira depreciation and inflation threat,” Kayode Omosebi, an equity analyst with UBA capital Plc, a Lagos based investment bank, said.

Further analysis of the NBS IGR data showed that Akwa Ibom’s IGR of N15.39 billion was equivalent to 3.25 percent of its 2013 budget of N470.1 billion.

Bayelsa’s IGR of N10.5 billion is equivalent to 3.45 percent of its 2013 budget of N304.05 billion, Delta States IGR of N50.2 billion is equivalent to 10.63 percent of its 2013 budget of N472 billion.

Anambra State’s 2013 IGR of N8.73 billion is only equivalent to 7.87 percent of its 2013 budget of N110.9 billion, Taraba’s IGR of N3.34 billion is equivalent to 4.57 percent of its 2013 budget of N73 billion, and Yobe’s IGR of N3.072 billion represents just 3.46 percent of its budgeted N88.6 billion for 2013.

Plateau State comes in at just 6.3 percent as IGR as percentage of the N133.4 billion it budgeted for 2013, while Katsina’s IGR of N6.85 billion is equivalent to 6 percent of its 2013 budget of N114.1 billion.

The import of the NBS data is that most Nigerian states are not viable without oil allocations from the centre.

BusinessDay November 25, 2014 | Filed under: Exclusive,main story | Author: PATRICK ATUANYA

Better than before, but not too good. However, there is room for improvement. It's high time our State Governments imbibe the attitude of saving for the raining days. The above stated IGR could have been higher than that, if the FAT treasuries of the various State Governments are not being looted.
Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by Ttalk: 3:15pm On Nov 25, 2014
atlwireles:

Will total removal of subsidy kill subsidy cabal? No

If you agree with me, these oil thieves will simply find another means of sucking vulnerable Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by Boss13: 3:15pm On Nov 25, 2014
shizzleStar:
We are saying the same thing...tax regime. My point is, the more the population, the higher the chances of a taxable population. The child will not remain a child forever, one day he will become taxable.

Well that depends on if that child gets a job. You should know that our government do not provide jobs.
Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by Desola(f): 3:15pm On Nov 25, 2014
customized13:
Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by shizzleStar: 3:16pm On Nov 25, 2014
Gbawe:

Say amen nau? Are you scared? Coward. I have said amen for you anyway. Stuupid bigot and empty loser.
scared of what you FOOL? alas your amen is as inconsequential as your useless self if not why worry for another.? are you older than him or not?

Senseless tribal oaf and loser

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

NASS Celebrates Abba Kyari With 'Outstanding Service Award' (Photos) / Tinubu's Visit To Obasanjo: Deji Adeyanju Reacts (Photos) / Pls, Who Have An Idea About Alliance In Motion Global (AIM)?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.