Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,808 members, 7,806,257 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:37 PM

Where Are The Numerous Offers Waiting For Keshi - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Where Are The Numerous Offers Waiting For Keshi (883 Views)

Brazil 2014: No Guarantee For Keshi Yet - NFF / Suggest A Squad For Keshi Against Ethiopia / National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Are The Numerous Offers Waiting For Keshi by Dhellake: 8:37am On Nov 25, 2014
Good Morning Nairalanders

Saw a thread on FP yesterday where Lord Keshi said sacking him won't solve Super Eagle's problems, I couldn't help but laugh, Lord Keshi sounded so humble in that interview that I almost doubt the authenticity of that interview, That obviously wasn't the Lord Keshi we knew, the Lord Keshi we know always sounded like he was doing all Nigerians a favour, never fails to remind us how he has hundred of offers on his table, how he would get a new job in less than 24hours after he's sacked.

We all can remember how he resigned after winning the AFCON, how he made sure he took all the credits for winning the AFCON making the football federation seen like saboteurs, Few months later, We went to the confed Cup getting 3 points out of a possible 9, I remember arguing on this section then with my old account (Dhelake)that we performed poorly in that tourney, a lot of people differed telling me how well we played against Spain, a match we lost 3-0.

Fast forward 2014, After the world cup,Lord Keshi resigned, later it sufficed that he's contract will end in few days, he never failed to remind us on how many countries wants him, and his friends in the pressed never failed to speculate to us different offers from different quarters, then came the AFCON 2015 qualifiers, we all knew what happened, he was relieved off his duties after 4 games, he lobbyed his way back to the job, the same man who claimed to have offers from all over the world.

Now we've failed to qualify for the AFCON, I've seen many pro-keshi tell us how the failure should be put on the crisis in the Federation and I'm like will you agree with me if I say winning the AFCON in 2013 was because of the calm in the glass house? this same man made sure NFF got no credit then. he disrespected us all by telling us he was doing us a favour.

Now, Lord Keshi has failed, he failed to remember that Pride Goes Before A Fall, he failed to quit when the ovation was loudest.

Now I Ask Again, Where are Lord Keshi's Numerous Offers??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Are The Numerous Offers Waiting For Keshi by dabossman(m): 11:02am On Nov 25, 2014
One thing you need to remember is that Keshi coached other African countries before he coached Nigeria. Even when all he had on his CV was "former Super Eagles captain who played in Belgium and France" he got jobs with Togo and Mali. Is it now that he has now added AFCON-winning coach and World Cup 2nd-round qualification to his CV that he won't get a job on the continent?

If Keshi leaves the Eagles job (which I pray he does to free himself from constant ridicule), it will only be a matter of time before one African country comes calling. Some countries who failed to make the Nations Cup like us may show interest, just as some who do not do well at the competition proper in January may come calling after they crash out. There are also several club sides in Africa that would be interested. After all, even Amodu Shuaibu coached Orlando Pirates.

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Numerous Offers Waiting For Keshi by crownprince102: 1:01pm On Nov 25, 2014
dabossman:
One thing you need to remember is that Keshi coached other African countries before he coached Nigeria. Even when all he had on his CV was "former Super Eagles captain who played in Belgium and France" he got jobs with Togo and Mali. Is it now that he has now added AFCON-winning coach and World Cup 2nd-round qualification to his CV that he won't get a job on the continent?

If Keshi leaves the Eagles job (which I pray he does to free himself from constant ridicule), it will only be a matter of time before one African country comes calling. Some countries who failed to make the Nations Cup like us may show interest, just as some who do not do well at the competition proper in January may come calling after they crash out. There are also several club sides in Africa that would be interested. After all, even Amodu Shuaibu coached Orlando Pirates.
the new African country will pay him over ₦5 million a month. Only few can do that you know it, is not that he won't get a job but the offer won't be as lucrative as this. SA, Egypt, Algeria, Tunisia, Ghana, CIV and Angola are the team that can pay him more than that, but do you think anyone of them can approach him at the moment. Who knows? He might get a contract better than this at SA's PSL or Angolan Girabola but else where in Africa, forget it.
Re: Where Are The Numerous Offers Waiting For Keshi by dabossman(m): 2:52pm On Nov 25, 2014
crownprince102:

the new African country will pay him over ₦5 million a month. Only few can do that you know it, is not that he won't get a job but the offer won't be as lucrative as this. SA, Egypt, Algeria, Tunisia, Ghana, CIV and Angola are the team that can pay him more than that, but do you think anyone of them can approach him at the moment. Who knows? He might get a contract better than this at SA's PSL or Angolan Girabola but else where in Africa, forget it.

Many people in football have taken pay cuts just to kick-start their floundering careers. It is not unheard of. If Keshi can't get a high paying coaching job, you think he won't settle for something less? Is half bread no longer better than none? Who says he can't go to a Kenya, Ethiopia, Uganda, maybe even return again to Togo who failed to qualify. Besides, is the N5 million monthly salary much more than what some of these African countries pay the European journeymen coaches that they employ?

Keshi's coaching career is far from over. Roberto Di Matteo won the Champions League and was out of a job shortly afterwards for like over a year before Schalke came calling. Moyes was sacked in April (I think) and finally got a job after 5 months. I can bet that some coaches will be sacked after AFCON 2015. Keshi will not be the first coach to have had a bad run, he won't be the last.
Re: Where Are The Numerous Offers Waiting For Keshi by Dhellake: 3:03pm On Nov 25, 2014
dabossman:

The issue is not him not getting a Job, the issue here is there was never a time numerous offers were on his table, then Nigeria needed him and he disrespected us all like he was doing us a favour, but it's now obvious he actually needs the Super Eagles Job more than the Super Eagles need him
Re: Where Are The Numerous Offers Waiting For Keshi by tuffgongjo(m): 3:13pm On Nov 25, 2014
They are @ Sambisa
Re: Where Are The Numerous Offers Waiting For Keshi by MeGaStReEt: 3:23pm On Nov 25, 2014
He's been found out. Not even Nembe City FC of Bayelsa would employ him now.

Cluelesness runs in his vein.

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Numerous Offers Waiting For Keshi by dabossman(m): 3:57pm On Nov 25, 2014
Dhellake:
The issue is not him not getting a Job, the issue here is there was never a time numerous offers were on his table, then Nigeria needed him and he disrespected us all like he was doing us a favour, but it's now obvious he actually needs the Super Eagles Job more than the Super Eagles need him

The bolded is a matter of conjecture. None of us are his agent. Besides, in football circles these kites get flown all the time. Arsenal to sign this Hummels, United to resign CR7 blah, blah, blah. It's all part of the game. Sometimes agents leak this unsubstantiated rumours out to the press just to improve the marketability of their clients. What were you expecting? That Keshi would say Super Eagles is the only job available to him? C'mon. If na you nko? Do you think Moyes wouldn't have loved to hang on to the United job despite his failings? Why hasn't Arsene Wenger thrown in the towel honourable since some fans have been asking him to go. The Super Eagles job is an attractive one as far as Africa is concerned, but you don't expect Keshi to beg for it shamelessly like a desperado, do you? Who does that?
Re: Where Are The Numerous Offers Waiting For Keshi by MegMich(m): 5:00pm On Nov 25, 2014
Keshi is a time bomb waiting to explode! His cluelessness is like no other. He lacks the ability to motivate and improve a team. After many years, he is still building a team, constantly inviting new players and gambling with such new faces while he's ego won't let him go for those in form. I pity the NFF and Nigerians who still adore his disrespectful ego. Learnt he will even be sent abroad for some tactical training.....! A sheer waste of resources. Let Keshi go!

(1) (Reply)

. / Motorcycling - Yamaha Unveils 2015 Motogp Bike / Arsenal Fans Want To Be Cheap Like Chelsea And Manchester United

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.