Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,411 members, 7,781,191 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:24 AM

150k To Invest In My Music Career,with Two Options!! what do you think? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 150k To Invest In My Music Career,with Two Options!! what do you think? (625 Views)

Nairalander 'gavdee' Kicks Of His Music Career With Stunning Promo Pictures / COMPREHENSIVE LIST: All Wizkid Songs A - Z In His Music Career / The Rise Or Fall Of Dbanj's Music Career-from A Music Critic's View Point (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

150k To Invest In My Music Career,with Two Options!! what do you think? by Debeloved87(m): 11:15am On Nov 25, 2014
Hello friends, I'm an upcoming gospel artiste. I have great and inspirational gospel worship and danceable songs that I want to record in the studio to lunch my music career. I have a sum of 150k to invest into my music career with just two options

1) Record an album with 120k, and seek to promote or aired few of the songs on radio with the remaining amount while I seek for support and promotions and also save till am able to produce one or two video from the album and then lunch and promotes the whole album and the video.

2) Record just two or three songs with 40k and produced a video for one of the song with 100k and then seek to air it or promote it in one way or the other.

......... Which will you advice for me.
Re: 150k To Invest In My Music Career,with Two Options!! what do you think? by prof800(m): 10:40pm On Dec 14, 2014
...first things first, you will need a manager!
...a very good manager. One that believes in you and trusts you.
If you can't afford a paid manager, get someone who is close to you maybe a relative to be your manager and work for free.
But it is important that that person must be passionate about your gospel music career.

The sad truth is that in Nigeria of today, you need money to promote your art, especially when you have little or no industry connection.
...and I doubt 150k will do (after of course using about 40k for studio recording).

Still Option 'B' is what I would go for.

You just have to find other means of promoting yourself such as going for more church events. There is a church community and you've got to find a way to get your song playing in their lips. Imagine how people started singing "Igwe".
Consider the usefulness of BBM and whatsapp broadcast, facebook and twitter, gospel blogs, other blogs etc.

---prof800 wishes you luck.

(1) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD: Sean Tizzle – Bottles / Are You A Music Producer? / VIDEO + AUDIO: May D – Woju (cover)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.