Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,854 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:28 PM

Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? (30796 Views)

Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage / Our Teens, Their Dressing, A Moral Decadence, Who Do We Blame? / Do Women Change After Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by lonelydora: 2:11pm On Nov 25, 2014
A big No. I married her because of the way she dresses. Do you want all these little girls carry me go?

1 Like

Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by jahsharon: 2:14pm On Nov 25, 2014
Below are the best ways married women should dress in order to liberate themselves from self imposing anti-feminists. If you dress like a dog, dogs will come after you for s-e-x.

1 Like

Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by mamateniola1: 2:17pm On Nov 25, 2014
ApexTitan:
It is weird seeing comments like "your wife is your property and not the public's" or "a woman's glory is for her husband" coming from women. Women who think like this have been drinking that servitude juice for too long.

The reason I keep telling ple around me that women liberation or whatever we call it will be difficult cos some of us women are not even interested in being liberated or being free! You Just need to listen to some women speak. you will marvel at the way we reason sometimes!!

@Topic

Women should always dress decently whether married or single. Single women should not delude themselves with the thinking that because they aren't married they have a license to dress indecently. Married women also shouldn't think that because their husbands approve they can dress indecently too.

Women have a responsiblity to always clad themselves with the most decent and beautiful attire that they can afford. DECENCY and BEAUTY should always inform a woman's dress choices and not the dictates of prevailing fashion trends that seem to veer only towards nudïty and sëx.
Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by thorpido(m): 2:18pm On Nov 25, 2014
kennygee:

Imagine a man who married a highly fashionable woman but now has to deal with a woman who wear maternity gowns everyday cause she is "married".

A woman should aspire to be a wife and a fashionista.
Being a fashionista means skimpy clothes?
A married woman can still dress with style without showing her pant at the back.
Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by holatin(m): 2:19pm On Nov 25, 2014
yeah because she has graduated from been a girlfriend and husband hunter to a WIFE
Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Nov 25, 2014
thorpido:
Being a fashionista means skimpy clothes?
A married woman can still dress with style without showing her pant at the back.

My comment never said being a Fashionista means skimpy clothes.

1 Like

Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by Joshuadon: 2:20pm On Nov 25, 2014
Yes they shd change their dressing, into sometin decent & responsible......the most annoying tin z DAT some aged women, still apply bleaching creams to their skin.... undecided undecided lipsrsealed undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by mamateniola1: 2:21pm On Nov 25, 2014
@apexTitan sorry I didn't know I quoted you that way. I was just saying---------

The reason I keep telling ple around me that women liberation or whatever we call it will be difficult cos some of us women are not even interested in being liberated or being free! You Just need to listen to some women speak. you will marvel at the way we reason sometimes!!
Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Nov 25, 2014
Jarizod:
seconded

"Third-ed" smiley
Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by bobkezel(m): 2:27pm On Nov 25, 2014
First of all go down low:...
A woman should dress modestly in the first place whether married or not.
If a woman dresses modestly there is no need for her to change dresses. But if she doesn't dress modestly, then there must be the need.
Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Nov 25, 2014
Being sexy at all time is the way to go...
Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Nov 25, 2014
Amefrica:
Being sexy at all time is the way to go...

Define sexy Sir?

1 Like

Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by 40dogzz(m): 2:41pm On Nov 25, 2014
Am not hear to gorge but what is bad is bad. why do we like coping bad things from the white in the name of civilization. I pity the way women dress these dayz. we have culture, why can't we follow our culture. I preffer a lady that is well dressed like an african lady. If them rape them, them go begin the talk. Must u show ur breast, nash before they know u ar hot? Nonsence wey no make sence.
Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by thorpido(m): 2:43pm On Nov 25, 2014
kennygee:

My comment never said being a Fashionista means skimpy clothes.
Well,you didn't.Most people who are single,fashionable and decent hardly have any problem when they marry.It's the ones with inappropriate dresses that usually do.
Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by 40dogzz(m): 2:45pm On Nov 25, 2014
women ar the most fake people on earth, they like artifical swag!
Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by georgementday(m): 2:50pm On Nov 25, 2014
Yes
Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Nov 25, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

Define sexy Sir?

Look appealing to me all the time. Not dressing in Iro and Buba every time. As in, when I see you in the kitchen, I would want to ... when I see you in the corridor, basement, washroom, car park I would wanna ... wink
Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Nov 25, 2014
40dogzz:
Am not hear to gorge but what is bad is bad. why do we like coping bad things from the white in the name of civilization. I pity the way women dress these dayz. we have culture, why can't we follow our culture. I preffer a lady that is well dressed like an african lady. If them rape them, them go begin the talk. Must u show ur breast, nash before they know u ar hot? Nonsence wey no make sence.

When women dress as they like, they're not begging to get raped. Tho I'd like my wife (if I marry a Nigerian/African) to dress like an African woman sometimes but not looking all aged to me.. angry

Be sexy, so I wouldn't have any reason to see someone else outside. . wink
Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by freecocoa(f): 3:06pm On Nov 25, 2014
I don't see why I have to change the way I dress because I'm married, he saw me in those clothes before deciding to marry me.
Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by sexylogan(m): 3:06pm On Nov 25, 2014
HFOG:
After marriage a woman's glory is for her husband so she should try to please him in many areas including dressing. Many men wouldn't want their wives scantily dressed. Married women ought to dress naturedly and decently to bring honour to their husbands. As we mature many things about us should change positively including dressing.

God bless you...

1 Like

Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by MecTessy(m): 3:08pm On Nov 25, 2014
When u are marry is a different things entierly what I see here the man you are marry to, as for me you must be responsible in your dress my wife know what I want from her she can go below that standard.
Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Nov 25, 2014
Oooohhk
Av gone tru some comments
Am impressed with some

For me,,
I wouldn't want my wife to change d way she dress after marriage. She has to remain attractive
She can dress in a very decent way and stl remain classy and sexy. She doesn't have to show her cleavages to b sexy afterall.

Wearing oversized clothes or those 50-50 shoulder parts or always on wrapper is no! no!! for me.
Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by TheRealAdonye(m): 3:19pm On Nov 25, 2014
Lol.. #BreakTheNairaland
MarvellousGod:
I'm coming, let me ask Kim K undecided grin

1 Like

Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Nov 25, 2014
kennygee:
I feel if your dressing is good enough to get you married to your husband, it should be enough to keep you in your marriage.

The issue of changing dressing has ruined many marriages.

Some women think "married women should tie Wrapper, wear only skirt and blouse and never wear fitted clothes".

Other women believe you should be fashionable in marriage even more than you were as a single woman.

The bible did say we should do things in Moderation, even our dressing.

I have male friends who have confessed that they could cheat once their wives stop being attractive, ie being stylish and fashionable.

If your fashion as a single is decent and moderate, why will you want to change that, to tie wrappers?

Your fashion and style does not have to change if it is decent, except for a woman who dressed seductively and wants to change due to marriage.

Marriage doesn't change a H.oe though, there is no point making a H.o.e a house wife.

but u can make a h.o.e a huz wife!
Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 25, 2014
freecocoa:
I don't see why I have to change the way I dress because I'm married, he saw me in those clothes before deciding to marry me.
just like u read my mind. She has to remain classy after marriage. I wouldn't want a situation where my wife's dressing doesn't entice me or makes doesn't "move" me(sexually)

on a second thought
If peradventure her dressing was kinda too revealing or extremely seductive, there will be need to make a little adjustment. I don't mean to start dressing like my Grannie o bt a lil cut
Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by Xano(m): 3:45pm On Nov 25, 2014
HFOG:
After marriage a woman's glory is for her husband so she should try to please him in many areas including dressing. Many men wouldn't want their wives scantily dressed. Married women ought to dress naturedly and decently to bring honour to their husbands. As we mature many things about us should change positively including dressing.
I concur. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by ADRILL(m): 3:51pm On Nov 25, 2014
Mode of dressing is one thing that speaks volume of one's married status.
Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by Abiagirl777(f): 3:53pm On Nov 25, 2014
My greatest headache in my marriage so far.my husband and I has neva agreed on my mode of dressing, while iam de conservative type, he prefers me wearing short skimpy clothes, on Sunday tie de latest wrappers.be fit for every occasion
He buys them himself; shoes, clothes.if he cant he Meeks contacts.

I tire
Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by Mztonya: 3:56pm On Nov 25, 2014
You should but you just have to be more classy if the spinster look was trashy
Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by SHOCK7(m): 4:01pm On Nov 25, 2014
dacoolvik:
I think its more of a cultural thing. In some cultures, singles or unmarried mothers cannot tie two wrappers. They think its for married women. As for me though unmarried, I wear what I feel comfortable in and even after marriage, I don't think I will change. My mum usually teases me and says that if I had my way, I would wear jeans for my traditional marriage.
No,when u married u gonna get 'ur husband's approval/understanding b4 u were what's feels comfortable outside!
Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by SHOCK7(m): 4:07pm On Nov 25, 2014
Abiagirl777:
My greatest headache in my marriage so far.my husband and I has neva agreed on my mode of dressing, while iam de conservative type, he prefers me wearing short skimpy clothes, on Sunday tie de latest wrappers.be fit for every occasion
He buys them himself; shoes, clothes.if he cant he Meeks contacts.

I tire
Hello!pls do as he says without hesitation & stop being headstrong b4 u give him reason 2 look outside angry
Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by okonelfg(m): 4:11pm On Nov 25, 2014
TheRealAdonye:
I'm coming.. Let me ask Tiwa Savage..

**Modified

FTC again.. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
tiwa dpn suffer for naija

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago / Video Of Nigerian Woman Expressing Her Joy As She Becomes A Mrs / Do You Know What Your Husband Does For A Living?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.