Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:04 AM

An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). (78906 Views)

Some Facts About Medical Students And Medical School #pictures / Funny Medical School Pictures / Face Of Ajao Estate Grammar School (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by nkowaputa(m): 11:31pm On Nov 25, 2014
InyinyaAgbaOku:

worth Wetin?
Most of them are obese, can't you see

Poor man say meat they hang for teeth na why e no like to chop meat.
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by SkinnyDude(m): 11:42pm On Nov 25, 2014
chimhigher:
Mtchew..C food wey dem dey chop,How u xcept dem 2 read wen d nxt Tin na SLEEp..dem go jes Dey Waste Moni...c As dat boi Fat Lyk person Wey swallow school bus
nigerians are very funny. chai! school bus ke.
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by Adelaide2: 11:43pm On Nov 25, 2014
winexviv:
This school is actually in Lekki Lagos.

This is impressive. Not sure how many high schools in America has swimming pools. grin grin grin
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by Nobody: 11:44pm On Nov 25, 2014
If boko enter dat school, na suya go remain. I still prefer marist where u taste all remix of life.
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by Bolurx(m): 11:50pm On Nov 25, 2014
emirate0:
Moni good sha. Bt no b by dis 1 person de get sense. Som of our politicians went to such schs yet de no get sense.

Now this is funny like
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by Nobody: 11:53pm On Nov 25, 2014
hmmm nice tho but should I run?
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by hismond(m): 11:54pm On Nov 25, 2014
their school fees per session, na him den use send me go primary schl till I graduate university and I go sabi book pass dem o
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by hope2007(f): 11:55pm On Nov 25, 2014
I have read a lot of comments made here and i want to point out a few things.
Most nigerian families have at least three or four kids in them. So some of these kids in these type of schools have their siblings in the school with them or in similar schools. And so therefore parents of these kids spend N10,000,000 (ten million naira) or more on their children's education annually. To be able to afford such the parents have to be very very comfortable. The houses these children live in must be very posh and some come with swimming pools, lawn tennis court etc. These kids are not fazed with things like swimming pool and all the rest as they are part of their everyday life. So its wrong to say they can be distracted by having such amenities in their schools. To them ipads, smartphones appear to be necessities and not luxuries unlike for a child from an average home. Most of the time their holidays are hardly spent here in Nigeria, they never write JAMB except for formality instead they sit for IGCEs, SAT and the rest of them and they attend Universities abroad. Tell me if you all were rich as The Dangotes and Otedolas of this world would you send your kids to Umututu grammar school or any average schools around? All over the world there are schools that only the children of the rich and privileged few usually attend. As someone rightly said water usually finds its level. So dont be deceived people money definitely is good.

3 Likes

Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by lacreamieboie(m): 12:12am On Nov 26, 2014
Proud Alumni... 2008 graduating set!

It's far better and developed than my time...
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by Nobody: 12:16am On Nov 26, 2014
I swear aberdeen central high schoo is better than this...na public sch
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by Nobody: 12:34am On Nov 26, 2014
Orikinla:
Every school in Nigeria should be like this.
But with evil and greedy cultists in government, the children of the masses are either out of school or suffering and smiling in school looking like cattle ranch.

See https://www.nairaland.com/1195339/army-children-school-where-pupils

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1893235_education004_jpeg31284d39c0c2a67aaa3ac1fe33c898c4
Whoever said Nigeria shouldn't depopulate needs to be hanged by the throat! Jeez! What a sh*t f**K?!
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by lagcity(m): 1:07am On Nov 26, 2014
all4naija:

Whoever said Nigeria shouldn't depopulation needs to be hanged by throat! Jeez! What a sh*t f**K?!

We are not overpopulated. Corruption is the problem here. Nigeria is not too populated nor too poor to take care of its young citizens.
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by Nobody: 1:21am On Nov 26, 2014
I was thinking of sending my kids back home,this school to be precise, but after carefully analysing these pictures, I hereby come to the conclusion that it doesn't worth it one bit. Just below what I thought it was.
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by Nobody: 1:55am On Nov 26, 2014
My parents gave me the best education they could afford.... it doesn't really matter if your school had/has a swimming pool or basketball court.. what matters most is that I am educated and proud of what my parents gave me

1 Like

Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by 360command: 2:00am On Nov 26, 2014
Onegai:

The US is a great equalizer. The richest Nigerians there don't start with rich backgrounds. These kids have stepping stones less wealthy kids have. My friend at Accenture (posh background) worked with a guy from FGC Warri. I know KC boys doing well and I know Badure college kids buying their 3rd home in a really nice zipcode. Unlike UK (where having the right background will help you, depending on the colour of your skin).

In Nigeria, however, I know the parent of one those kids in a super posh kindergarten, she was boasting about how her boy went to birthday parties in Banana Island. Sometimes that's the mentality of such parents, being able to say "my kids go to Lekki British" and watch others' eyes open in envy of the money they must be throwing around.

Sometimes, early wealth is a bad disability to a child. I've NEVER seen a very wealthy child grow up to exceed their father or mother. My dad constantly said so, that inherited wealth kills the drive in you, he would rather leave you something to survive on and get you the best (not the most expensive) education.

There must be a correlation between why the world's richest men and women weren't necessarily the ones who attended Eton or Rugby.
whatis this one saying. After you have built the empire,who then takes the glory. Let me tell you something about family. Our purpose is to grow our children and give them to best of life so that they can in return,they take care of us and take up the family biz. Inherited biz or wealth are part of the top 10 richest men. Go n sleep!
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by Richtronix(m): 3:18am On Nov 26, 2014
all4naija:

Whoever said Nigeria shouldn't depopulation needs to be hanged by throat! Jeez! What a sh*t f**K?!

Speak English joor........

1 Like

Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by Richtronix(m): 3:21am On Nov 26, 2014
ROSYL:
I was thinking of sending my kids back home,this school to be precise, but after carefully analysing these pictures, I hereby come to the conclusion that it doesn't worth it one bit. Just below what I thought it was.

Take cover, man down
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by Ndipe(m): 4:32am On Nov 26, 2014
Very nice school.
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by franugo(m): 4:33am On Nov 26, 2014
tellwisdom:
Op, u are foolish undecided

u r nt making sense bro undecided
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by franugo(m): 4:38am On Nov 26, 2014
lacreamieboie:
Proud Alumni... 2008 graduating set!

It's far better and developed than my time...

hope u dont mind me asking, how much do u guys pay per session?
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by bigtt76(f): 4:44am On Nov 26, 2014
OP de help dem market naaaa grin
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by dasparrow: 4:58am On Nov 26, 2014
igbo2011:
Why do African people love western schools so much? These western schools are very anti African in ideology, How much African history before slavery is taught in these schools? Do you learn about Ancient Egypt, Ethiopia, Aksum, Puntland, Benin, Ile Ife, Mali, Songhai, Ghana, Nri, Kanem Bornu, Hausa, Luba, Kuba, Monomotpia, Zulu, etc. Will you learn to be proud of your African heritage? Will you learn about great African achievements from an African perspective or will you learn about the European apologist story? Where they teach you that colonialism was good for Africa and Europeans civilized Africans. Even though African civilized the Europeans. Check out the book Black Athena.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLk50p7YdK0

My question is do Jewish people go to Germany to learn Nazi ideologies? Do Arabs go to Israel to learn Zionist ideologies? Why do we go to our oppressors schools and learn their ideologies? this is neocolonialism.

Very well said. Keep telling it as it is.

1 Like

Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by dasparrow: 5:00am On Nov 26, 2014
Richtronix:

Speak English joor........

LOL grin

No mind am. Let him keep making grammatical blunders from USA.
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by dasparrow: 5:13am On Nov 26, 2014
all4naija:

Hush it!

Don't worry, white cops in your precious USA are already depopulating the BLACK MALE population there (think Michael Brown). You may be the next unarmed Negro male that white american cops will gun down indiscriminately and then you will be on the other side of the divide looking down and telling yourself "darn, so this is it?"

I agree that having more than three kids in this day and age is unnecessary considering the high cost of raising kids but killing people already on earth all in the name of depopulation is satanic to say the least. Your Nigerian father and white mother should have had themselves castrated so they won't have children and the world population will have minus you and your siblings in it.
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by rabimlomo: 5:25am On Nov 26, 2014
fiftynaira:
In france were I school there's better facilities than this...

The skul fine e no fine zombi na zombi
When the finish na universities like covenant dem dey go... There by making us the bright ones an endangered specie...
For where? Most that I know don't go to Nigerian universities. Their school fees is more than most Nigerian universities anyway.
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by Nobody: 5:50am On Nov 26, 2014
cupidhero:
They even play snooker in school. These kids can't survive a day in the wild. reppin School of hardknocks till i meet saint peter.

May poverty not kill you in Jesus name, AMEN!!
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by yemivictor: 6:19am On Nov 26, 2014
winexviv:
more....

Why not get them a proper coin table. The authorities can certainly afford it.
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by Mosb(m): 6:52am On Nov 26, 2014
Codedboy95:
they pay about N2, 911, 300.00/year (day student) N4, 000,300.00/year (boarding) does it worth it ??..
. Yes it is worth. You're trained in all aspects not just education alone. Such schools organise dinner nights for their students excluding prom deh have other events which the students get together mix up learn from each others culture and backgrounds etc......
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by charlesditro: 6:52am On Nov 26, 2014
Isiterere:
Is it free ? NO
Is it qualitative? YES
Is it worth it ? YES
Is it for common man ? NO

Shame on poverty...
Working hard to be the best dad for my children.

ALL IZZ WELL

yea Bro there ia nothing wrong with working hard for your childrens best interest but my advice is dont do wot u would later regret. Some of these kids may look happy outside but would rather trade all this luxuries for thier father love, time, and affection. Stressing on the TIME. Not all that glitters is GOLD.

1 Like

Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by cevek11: 6:54am On Nov 26, 2014
why this guy de snap 'abroad' for us...
this can't be Nigeria.
No! it can't be.
I no gree ooo!!!

*denial is for better than depression*
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by Nobody: 7:07am On Nov 26, 2014
MOORCHMOORE:
Chukwudi my son, after this term you will stop sch at Umukolo Community Secondary School.
Hahahaha
Re: An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). by elbulk(m): 7:11am On Nov 26, 2014
Codedboy95:
they pay about N2, 911, 300.00/year (day student) N4, 000,300.00/year (boarding) does it worth it ??..
Your English shows its worth it...maybe if u had better education you won't be shooting like this...CORRECTION-is it worth it not does it worth it...

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

University Of Abuja Rusticates Cyprian Igwe For A Post He Made On WhatsApp Group / 2017/2018 NNPC/CHEVRON Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates Thread / How Catholic Seminarians Write Examination (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.