Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:37 AM

The Shame We Call Church! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Shame We Call Church! (736 Views)

Still, I Feel No Shame. / Media In Nigeria: A Big Shame (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Shame We Call Church! by Mobyloaded(m): 5:05pm On Nov 25, 2014
I am sure some folks will rhetorically crucify my intent for putting this up here, but I can’t help when the head is full and the hand is with a pen; we can’t all just keep acting like ‘all is okay!’- Jesus sure wouldn’t remain silent in a time like this.

Let’s face it! As a Christian; a believer and teacher of God’s Word, I feel so shameful by the reception our “pastorpreneurs” will condemn truthful folks to…

They have brought the office of a Pastor, in this Country-Nigeria, in their dung of absurdity and satanic propagandas; they have allowed the ‘Church’ to be a topic where mere atheists are permitted to ventilate their ignorance of God with the demise they call knowledge and free thinking!

The shamelesness of these ‘pastors’ seems endless, their existence- regretable, their fame-garrulous, their activities- promiscuous and their followers? Hitherto-Blind in the pool of the bizarre anomalies!

Our streets are crowded with so many ‘buildings’ we call Churches. We are piling church names here on earth but pitiably are not adding commensurate names to the list in Heaven.

Our ‘pastors’ are callously bothered about having the ministry’s accounts flourishing,the population intimidating or opening a branch in south-Africa or U.K and other prominent nations, an estate for the ministry, the biggest auditorium and largest gathering of ‘christians’,…bla bla bla…can somebody please clang the bell and wake us up from our excruciating slumber?! We are merely competing with each other…”A house divided amongst itself”

Rather than raise disciples, the churches are raising millionaires! There is, right now, a geometric increase in the “Nigerian Holocaust” which is already a pointer to the failure of the church, the North-East of Nigeria is crowded with religious beasts we should have saved from carrying AK-47’s but Bibles, but we sit in the comfort zones and send our Nairas and Dollars; now the Naira and Dollars can’t save these menace and genocide!

How, in God’s name did we get here? Here where the people only want to hear big grammars and philosophical cliché in church, where “it doesn’t matter as such” has replaced the teachings of
Christ, or where we say foolishly “to the pure, all things are pure”. The essence of the Church is fast becoming a genuine mirage!

Our Nation is fast been taken by the embryo-boko- haram boy of yesterday to men who will stop at nothing to kill us all, while we say our dinner prayer before our 5-alive juicy meal and Lord’s
prayer before we lay on our padded beds, unconcerned about the Boy whose father was beheaded, his mother raped and killed and he given a gun to kill his sisters!

I weep for the church! Where are the Elijahs who were feared by kings for the power evident upon them?! Where is our Moses, who had the commandments and saw to it been done to the latter?! Where are the Josephs and Daniels who could not be bought by their own natural desires and lusts, but stood for what was right and stand as examples to the people?! Have the Church rather multiplied servants of Elisha (Gehazi) rather than Elisha?!
Christianity these days is more of “the religion or inheritance” than the life style! In Antioch, that was not the purpose for the name; the purpose was because they were like Christ.

What we have behind most of our pulpits these days are “Anointed thieves”, “Anointed Adulterers”, “Anointed philosophers”, “Anointed liars”, “Anointed Cultists” and jokers…who in the name of God and the Holy-spirit hold jamborees
they call service and conduct sacrifices to their reprobated minds!

Just like the letter to the seven churches, we know their works, and we are reminded of the fact that they are false prophets, apostles and bishops, God is not mocked and so are we! We will hear God say with a voice of thunder ” Get away from Me, ye
workers of darkness”..!!!

As for you their followers, you fall in the category of the very elect which God said will be deceived; the end of a servant is not far from the end of their masters; but there still awaits you the open
hands of God in His Righteousness to deliver you from the lies you have been fed with with so much deception!

A part of you still calls out to the sane you! Allow the truth, be sincere with your conscience, and that is if its not been replaced.
And as I drop my pen for now, please save me the rant of “judge not”…

Hide all you want from the obvious truth, Hell awaits people like you!

Follow Me On Twitter - @Osegun_funmi
Add On BBM: 21740964

Read It Up On My Blog
http://oluwasegunfunmi./2014/09/03/the-shame-we-call-church/
Re: The Shame We Call Church! by stuff46(m): 10:18pm On Nov 25, 2014
nice flow from the first ten lines, the rest wasnt read though
Re: The Shame We Call Church! by Mobyloaded(m): 10:21pm On Nov 25, 2014
stuff46:
nice flow from the first ten lines, the rest wasnt read though
I wish you take little more time reading it

(1) (Reply)

Top Nigerian Book Publishers Still Active / Mirror (the midnight experience) / Five Crazy Things Women Do Because Of Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.