Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,952 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:50 PM

Wole Soyinka Had/Has Prostate Cancer - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Wole Soyinka Had/Has Prostate Cancer (410 Views)

Men - My Childhood; My Manhood; My Prostate.. A Must Read!! / An Orgasm A Day Can Lower A Man's Risk Of Prostate Cancer By 20%, Study Reveals / Prostate Cancer: How Frequent Do You Urinate At Night ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Wole Soyinka Had/Has Prostate Cancer by Nobody: 5:09pm On Nov 25, 2014
At a press conference today, renowned playwright and Nobel Laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka, has announced that he was diagnosed of cancer last December.

Speaking at the June 12 Cultural Center in Ogun State, "Kongi" encouraged awareness and preventative measures in stopping the spread of the disease. He attributes early detection and proper nutrition to his stable health so far.

The 80-year-old said that initially he felt the cancer was “an unwanted squatter in his body." He later resolved that he "had to get rid of it whether it is a slow growing one or malignant.”

While not hinting at the kind or extent of cancer he has, Soyinka's son, Dr. Olaokun Soyinka, Commissioner for Health in Ogun State, told The Nation his father was treated for “prostate cancer.”

http://saharareporters.com/2014/11/25/playwright-and-nobel-laureate-wole-soyinka-diagnosed-cancer
Re: Wole Soyinka Had/Has Prostate Cancer by domido(m): 5:17pm On Nov 25, 2014
He must fight it and survive. We cant afford to lose good people all the time while d evil ones live. I've still not gotten over d death of Chief Gani Fawehinmi, Chinua Achebe, Fela and oda great Nigerians. U must live and the bad ones take ur place.

(1) (Reply)

Sickle Cell Disease / The Dangers Of Central Banking / Vitamins For Healthy Skin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.