Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,096 members, 7,807,276 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:50 AM

Please How Do I Correct My Boss? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please How Do I Correct My Boss? (1310 Views)

I Got This For Asking My Boss My February Salary / I Am A Virgin And My Boss Wants To Have Sex With Me / I Caught My Boss Pant Down With My Supervisor's Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please How Do I Correct My Boss? by sexyglow(f): 7:54pm On Nov 25, 2014
Hello career landers,i work with a coperate firm in Asaba Delta state..my boss [female ]is well schooled,confident and has a very good command of English ,but each time she says "good moRing"instead of "good morNinG"It sounds to me like a bomb shell ,it embarrasses me as hell ..i have made efforts of correcting her even by fabricating a funny gist about that she laughed yet did not Change i guess she did not get it..my people this morning some special workers visited the office for a very important deal as soon as madam heard of their arrival she was so happy and immediately dashed to the reception to welcome them while my colleague and i were alreadytrying to make the visitors comfortabl as we awaits the boss ..the next thing we heard was " hello guys...good moRRing..good moRRING " and one of the guys was like "what?lordie lordie!well nice to meet you ma'm "(as he continued laughing..it was not just nice at all for us because we were so embarrassed and I'm very sure that she still did not get it .so please my people how do i really correct her politely without bruising her ego as the boss ,aside this she's a very sweet and lively person to work with..candid advice and please do not insult my Boss #winks wif smile#

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please How Do I Correct My Boss? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Nov 25, 2014
Use a decoy. Be there, but don't be seen. Do not...I repeat, do not compromise on the element of surprise. When she least expects it, let the decoys hit her with it...then follow up to strengthen your position. Good luck.

3 Likes

Re: Please How Do I Correct My Boss? by babanne(m): 8:54pm On Nov 25, 2014
That's quite difficult. Be careful so as not to enter her bad book.

I have this suggestion. Try to make friend with her. Later stylishly inform her that you dont mind her suggestions/corrections on matters. Then after much space of time have passed, tell her you too have a suggestion. Then respectfully bring the matter of those visitors up and point to her wrong pronunciation.

1 Like

Re: Please How Do I Correct My Boss? by Extom(m): 9:15pm On Nov 25, 2014
This is actually one of the hardest thing to do at a workplace: correcting your superiors.

Believe you me, no superior wants to take a correction from a subordinate(unless your relationship is beyond formal), so thinking about correcting her might be like you stepping into an old minefield. I would advise that you take a critical and an unbiased look at your relationship with her. If you think she can withstand this psychological blow you're about to deal her(because bruising a person's ego is more of a mental situation than it is physical), then go ahead with it. But if not, please leave her be, so long as it doesn't affect her performance at other areas of her duties as a boss.
Besides, I believe it's tied to the location she grew up in(I've heard several Deltans say moRRing, shanje instead of change -no pun intended- and you can't really blame them for it), plus people from Delta have a knack for being volatile when you try to belittle or rubbish them. cheesy
So thread prudently.

1 Like

Re: Please How Do I Correct My Boss? by sexyglow(f): 9:17pm On Nov 25, 2014
cry
Re: Please How Do I Correct My Boss? by sexyglow(f): 9:18pm On Nov 25, 2014
Extom:
This is actually one of the hardest thing to do at a workplace: correcting your superiors.

my fear exactly
Re: Please How Do I Correct My Boss? by NigAmbassador: 9:37pm On Nov 25, 2014
Take her on a dinner.....#lolz
Re: Please How Do I Correct My Boss? by olagockay(m): 8:44am On Nov 26, 2014
Extom:

Believe you me, no superior wants to take a correction from a subordinate(unless your relationship is beyond formal), so thinking about correcting her might be like you stepping into an old minefield. I would advise that you take a critical and an unbiased look at your relationship with her. If you think she can withstand this psychological blow you're about to deal her(because bruising a person's ego is more of a mental situation than it is physical), then go ahead with it. But if not, please leave her be, so long as it doesn't affect her performance at other areas of her duties as a boss.
Besides, I believe it's tied to the location she grew up in(I've heard several Deltans say moRRing, shanje instead of change -no pun intended- and you can't really blame them for it), plus people from Delta have a knack for being volatile when you try to belittle or rubbish them. cheesy
So thread prudently.
U've said it all

1 Like

Re: Please How Do I Correct My Boss? by sexyglow(f): 10:05am On Nov 26, 2014
I'm appreciative so far but i need more please
Re: Please How Do I Correct My Boss? by sexyglow(f): 10:08am On Nov 26, 2014
Extom:

So thread prudently.
well detailed ,i quite agree with you really .Thanks

1 Like

Re: Please How Do I Correct My Boss? by Isiterere(m): 11:05am On Nov 26, 2014
Extom:

So thread prudently.
...what more can I say. You nailed it bro.
I doff my hat for you.

ALL IZZ WELL

2 Likes

Re: Please How Do I Correct My Boss? by Extom(m): 11:52am On Nov 26, 2014
Isiterere:

...what more can I say. You nailed it bro.
I doff my hat for you.

ALL IZZ WELL

I'm humbled sire smiley

1 Like

Re: Please How Do I Correct My Boss? by Extom(m): 11:54am On Nov 26, 2014
sexyglow:
well detailed ,i quite agree with you really .Thanks
smiley
Re: Please How Do I Correct My Boss? by Mekyno(m): 4:35pm On Nov 26, 2014
sexyglow:
my fear exactly
write many words (including morning), and ask her to help u wit d right pronouncation because u ppl hv being arguing 4 long abt it. U can den, later, bring a dictionary in ur phone. Use the opportunity to correct her as well. Tnk her 4 d help/lesson.
Re: Please How Do I Correct My Boss? by Okaakoko(m): 2:23pm On Nov 27, 2014
I think you should buy a new sim, make sure you don't register the sim with your name. you can as well buy registered Sims. guess you've know her number, just try and send your corrections to her through SMS. act in your SMS as one of your customers, letting her know the gravity her mistake is costing business /company. send the message to her and throw the sim somewhere.
Re: Please How Do I Correct My Boss? by seunwen2(m): 9:30pm On Nov 27, 2014
Na by force to correct your boss?

1 Like

Re: Please How Do I Correct My Boss? by sexyglow(f): 10:00pm On Dec 09, 2014
seunwen2:
Na by force to correct your boss?
Helo did you read the writeup at all? If not please do so thanks.

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Overcome Stage Fright / Every 8 To 5 Workers Should Do This For Their Financial Security / The Rochas Foundation College Of Africa (ROFOCA) Is Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.