Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,892 members, 7,798,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:22 PM

Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* - Agriculture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* (238046 Views)

My 1 Million Naira Alternative To Cucumber (agribusiness 101) [a Must Read] / Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures / Catfish Farming: My Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Soloxam(m): 3:47am On Dec 16, 2014
jasper7:

Great job. Where do you sell your products and how much per kg?
Boss this issue of market has been a very difficult issue here to solve, mostly I ave people here that buy from me in bulk it is not sold in Kg oooo, at times a bag goes for 2k, aT times 2500.....
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Soloxam(m): 3:50am On Dec 16, 2014
christian11:

I see u Oga Soloxam...
Greetings
CEO, I sight u too, how ur end sir.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jasper7(m): 9:00am On Dec 16, 2014
Soloxam:
Boss this issue of market has been a very difficult issue here to solve, mostly I ave people here that buy from me in bulk it is not sold in Kg oooo, at times a bag goes for 2k, aT times 2500.....
Market in Nigeria should hardly be a problem, especially in this dry season. Do you know that a 25kg bag of cucumber cost up to 7k around this period? I advice you source for other markets o. It's very important. No be monkey the work, baboon dey chop

6 Likes

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by olushowunm(m): 5:09pm On Dec 16, 2014
jasper7:

I won't lie o. Haven't used drip before. Not because it's not good, but because I haven't seen the need to. Sprinkler does the job fine for me. Even whith the mulching, it just rains down and waters the crops. I have over 10km of drip tapes that are perforated in the right measurement as the holes on my covered bed. But I haven't seen any need to install them.
Can you please give me places to buy drip or sprinklers And also mulching film?

And their prices?
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Soloxam(m): 6:01pm On Dec 16, 2014
jasper7:

Market in Nigeria should hardly be a problem, especially in this dry season. Do you know that a 25kg bag of cucumber cost up to 7k around this period? I advice you source for other markets o. It's very important. No be monkey the work, baboon dey chop
@Jasper7, u just make me laugh boss, not in this part of Nigeria, at most they buy it in Lagos this time of the year is 5k. Except you have good time to locate the consumer or hotel to supply to. Their own problem is they don't buy so much.... All the same thanks, I will make some move.......
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jasper7(m): 6:12pm On Dec 16, 2014
Soloxam:
@Jasper7, u just make me laugh boss, not in this part of Nigeria, at most they buy it in Lagos this time of the year is 5k. Except you have good time to locate the consumer or hotel to supply to. Their own problem is they don't buy so much.... All the same thanks, I will make some move.......
Ok sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by christian11(m): 12:48am On Dec 18, 2014
Soloxam:
CEO, I sight u too, how ur end sir.
We dey o boss. Good luck.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by stint(m): 12:08am On Dec 19, 2014
Please i have like two acres thats lying empty and i also have plenty of time as i have nothing doing. I just need seeds and am wondering if i can water it manually since i dont have money for irigation now? And must i use manure? My land is quite fertile. I just want to di sinething wt the time i hav to gain some experience before i get investors.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by kk4real: 7:23am On Dec 20, 2014
stint:
Please i have like two acres thats lying empty and i also have plenty of time as i have nothing doing. I just need seeds and am wondering if i can water it manually since i dont have money for irigation now? And must i use manure? My land is quite fertile. I just want to di sinething wt the time i hav to gain some experience before i get investors.
Stint pls send me a mail on tonero98.com, would like to talk with you. Thanks
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by kk4real: 7:24am On Dec 20, 2014
kk4real:

Stint pls send me a mail on tonero98@yahoo.com, would like to talk with you. Thanks
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by emeke247: 1:00pm On Dec 21, 2014
nice
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Nobody: 4:49pm On Dec 23, 2014
This thread shld not be allowed to go to 2nd page again.
Let me even bookmark it.
grin
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jasper7(m): 6:15pm On Dec 23, 2014
Merry Christmas in advance to all my followers on this thread. Please do ensure you eat well this festve season. Unfortunately, I have gone through a terrible run of weeks (about a month). After the meeting with the farmers at ogbomosho I have been sick, really sick. Well, according to the doctors I suffered soft tissue infection. Which led to an operation. Am fine, thank you smiley. This is the reason why the thread has been on slowmo for some weeks now. Well, there's no holiday for the farmers but the doc said I should take some time off from tedious work (a month or 2). So... I'll have all the time for you guys once am discharged fully from the hospital. Unfortunately I won't be joining much in the festive flexing due to restrictions on what and what I can eat and drink. Abeg make una kindly share my portion. embarassed. God Bless Y'all

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by world1(m): 7:50pm On Dec 23, 2014
jasper7:
Merry Christmas in advance to all my followers on this thread. Please do ensure you eat well this festve season. Unfortunately, I have gone through a terrible run of weeks (about a month). After the meeting with the farmers at ogbomosho I have been sick, really sick. Well, according to the doctors I suffered soft tissue infection. Which led to an operation. Am fine, thank you smiley. This is the reason why the thread has been on slowmo for some weeks now. Well, there's no holiday for the farmers but the doc said I should take some time off from tedious work (a month or 2). So... I'll have all the time for you guys once am discharged fully from the hospital. Unfortunately I won't be joining much in the festive flexing due to restrictions on what and what I can eat and drink. Abeg make una kindly share my portion. embarassed. God Bless Y'all
Bro. am so sorry

1 Like

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by senato123(m): 8:14pm On Dec 23, 2014
It is sad dat my first comment after going through dis masterpiece is sorry Jasper.please ensure u rest well.i decree d healing power of d almighty to accelerate ur total recovery in d name of Jesus.

D devil is a liar,we shall together feed dis nation n deliver dis country from stagnation by d erudite power of agriculture. Cheers.

In 5yrs time, if u dnt knw anything abt farming as a youth in Nigeria den u are laid back.

In 10yrs time if dnt own a big farm n u are a reading agric section of nairaland now n u are a youth,u will regret n refer to dis thread.

In 15yrs time Nigeria,will start exporting food as main source of income.

In 20yrs time, united nation will name Nigeria as top 3 food nations of d world.

U ask me how do I knw all dis. For over 50yrs people have l blamed government but for d first time youths have taken agric to social media n knowledge is shared n result achieved instantly.

Very soon farmland will become farm tank. If u dnt save now to acquire ur own. U will read dis thread in d future n said I told u.

Before u spend d next kobo u have. Think agric.

King of food.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by ddooskie(m): 12:59am On Dec 24, 2014
Get well soon jasper7. Merry Christmas!
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by phollar(m): 1:50am On Dec 24, 2014
wishing you a speedy recovery IJN bro.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Soloxam(m): 7:49am On Dec 24, 2014
Oga Jasper7 well soon sir.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Nobody: 7:58am On Dec 24, 2014
Get well Jasper. speedy recovery.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Austin234(m): 6:52am On Dec 25, 2014
Dear jasper7, may d almighty God grant u perfect healing in Jesus name. Amen

jasper7:

1 Like

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Austin234(m): 7:10am On Dec 25, 2014
2ndly, i actualy want to get serious wit cucumber farming frm January 2015. I have secured a farmland to dis effect. But b4 i take off i wud have like to see urs.
Again, i wud like to start wit d special cucumber seedling u recomended (East West Int'l Seed).
Ur phone contact is not conecting. I may not mind being in ur farm if am invited as stay some kilos frm u (Orlu).
U may reach me on chidi.agbawo@gmail.com
Meanwhile, i wish u quick recovery
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by INFOTECH2: 10:49am On Dec 25, 2014
jasper7:
Sorry for the lack of updates. I have been away from the country for the past 3days. Currently at songhai farms in port novo, benn republic. Once am back by the weekend I'll give a detailed report.

Thanks for all the quality information.

Quick question: if I don't use the mulch film, can I make use of herbicide/pesticide. If applied well, would it not be cheaper than mulch.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jasper7(m): 11:05am On Dec 25, 2014
INFOTECH2:

Thanks for all the quality information.

Quick question: if I don't use the mulch film, can I make use of herbicide/pesticide. If applied well, would it not be cheaper than mulch.
yes, if applied properly managed. but it can inhibit maximum productivity. but alot cheaper
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jasper7(m): 11:06am On Dec 25, 2014
mercylicious:
Get well Jasper. speedy recovery.
Thanks dear... Merry Christmas. How u dey?
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jasper7(m): 11:07am On Dec 25, 2014
Austin234:
2ndly, i actualy want to get serious wit cucumber farming frm January 2015. I have secured a farmland to dis effect. But b4 i take off i wud have like to see urs.
Again, i wud like to start wit d special cucumber seedling u recomended (East West Int'l Seed).
Ur phone contact is not conecting. I may not mind being in ur farm if am invited as stay some kilos frm u (Orlu).
U may reach me on chidi.agbawo@gmail.com
Meanwhile, i wish u quick recovery
wow! okay let's just meet maybe when am fully fit.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jasper7(m): 11:08am On Dec 25, 2014
Soloxam:
Oga Jasper7 well soon sir.
Thanks baba... Merry Christmas
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by INFOTECH2: 12:24pm On Dec 25, 2014
jasper7:

yes, if applied properly managed. but it can inhibit maximum productivity. but alot cheaper

Sorry about your health. Wish u recovery.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by taramisore15: 12:48pm On Dec 25, 2014
Mr Jasper get well soon.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by stagger: 12:50pm On Dec 25, 2014
jasper7:

You can't believe one cucumber is sold for N100 in the market as at yesterday. Na wa o.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by christian11(m): 10:06pm On Dec 25, 2014
Don't worry jasper, God will definitely protect u. Get well soon bro. God is in control..
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by nigerfine: 11:16pm On Dec 25, 2014
Merry xmas to all farmers and lovers of this forum......jasper jump out in faith. You are healed.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Dokitadotun: 5:11pm On Dec 27, 2014
Get well soon Jasper7, it is well with you bro. Merry Christmas in arrears everyone

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (33) (Reply)

Starting An Oil Palm Plantation / 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. / The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.