Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,357 members, 7,800,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:11 AM

Why Must You Shout While Praying? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Must You Shout While Praying? (2020 Views)

Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? / Pastor Runs Mad While Praying For Mad Man In Ibadan / Why Do Christians Close Eyes While Praying? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Must You Shout While Praying? by Laygos(m): 9:28pm On Nov 25, 2014
I'm a christian.
There is no gain defining what prayer is, as we all know that it is a means of communicating to God.

It bafles me and I'm yet 2 understand why many christians do not feel satisfied praying in silent especially in the middle of the night when people are trying to catch some sleep after a hectic and stressful schedule during the day.
I'm forced 2 ask if they worship thesame god that the prophets of Baal worshiped during Elijah's time on earth.

Pls Bro/sis, don't think that God is a lier. For it is God that said we should not pray like hypocrites and pagans... Matt 6 vs 5-8.
If you are having any doubt why your prayers might not be heard, why not read the book of Prov 28 vs 9 and do the needful.
Often times when we pray, we deviate from what we are suppose 2 do, instead, we kept decorating prayers and disturbing God. Why not go straight 2 the point and 4get about the details. God that created us knows what we want even before we ask. So long as we ask or seek with genuine intentions in faith, God will answer. It may take some times, but God is testing ur patience. He has promised n he is not a man that fails.
God delivers at his own time and not ur time. You did not creat him rather he does created you.

I wonder if you shout at your parent or your boss when you communicate with him, unless if they have impaired hearing. So why must you shout at your creator, the owner of your life when you pray. This is why i envy the whites who brought Christianity 2 us.

For those of you who think that God is deaf 2 answer your prayers, I'm here 2 tell you that he is always present and willing 2 answer when you call 2 him.

For those bro/ sis living in face me i face you, always remember this when you want 2 start shouting while praying,that you have a neighbour who has gone through a lot during the day and is about 2 have a rest at that time, try and put urself in his or her shoes at that period in time and pray silently.
How will you feel when you are about 2 rest and somebody turns up the volume of his home theatre close 2 you or image that you are about 2 sleep at night and the loud speakers of a mosque starts blasting some prayers 4 hours.

Legally, It is an offense 2 disturb ur neighbors in any form of noise including unnecessary loud prayers and i think God also frowns at it.
Re: Why Must You Shout While Praying? by Diffdeef(m): 9:41pm On Nov 25, 2014
@Op,some evil spirit strong oo,that you need to use aggressiveness.

The one I actually hate is long prayers.

1 Like

Re: Why Must You Shout While Praying? by Laygos(m): 9:52pm On Nov 25, 2014
Must the agressiveness be in the middle of the night when people are sleeping? Read matt 6 vs 5 down...
Re: Why Must You Shout While Praying? by Fabdedon(m): 10:03pm On Nov 25, 2014
de shout as if dia God is deaf..
Re: Why Must You Shout While Praying? by briantext(m): 10:12pm On Nov 25, 2014
Proud Mormon
Re: Why Must You Shout While Praying? by Ploy(m): 10:25pm On Nov 25, 2014
People pray @ d top of their voices to prevent their minds from wandering to other mundane things.

Also, they do that to prevent sleep, you can't sleep off while shouting.

However, this shouldn't be confuse with some that believe that you have to shout for God to hear b'coz God is all ears.

@op, if people are disturbing you, you can start praying too.

3 Likes

Re: Why Must You Shout While Praying? by Nobody: 11:39pm On Nov 25, 2014
Diffdeef:
@Op,some evil spirit strong oo,that you need to use aggressiveness.

The one I actually hate is long prayers.
Is there any evil spirit as strong as you imagine that you think a single command or request even in silence of the lips is not enough to cast away
Re: Why Must You Shout While Praying? by Nobody: 11:40pm On Nov 25, 2014
briantext:
Proud Mormon
sigh! I was..

1 Like

Re: Why Must You Shout While Praying? by Laygos(m): 7:32am On Nov 26, 2014
Ploy:
People pray @ d top of their voices to prevent their minds from wandering to other mundane things.

Also, they do that to prevent sleep, you can't sleep off while shouting.

However, this shouldn't be confuse with some that believe that you have to shout for God to hear b'coz God is all ears.

@op, if people are disturbing you, you can start praying too.
You are saying that God does not know what he is doing by saying that you should pray in silent
Re: Why Must You Shout While Praying? by Laygos(m): 7:34am On Nov 26, 2014
efedua:
Is there any evil spirit as strong as you imagine that you think a single command or request even in silence of the lips is not enough to cast away

Abeg help me 2 ask him

Hmmmm...
Re: Why Must You Shout While Praying? by ultraGM: 8:50am On Nov 26, 2014
Isaiah 9:5 For every battle of the warrior is with confused noise, and garments rolled in blood; but this shall be with burning and fuel of fire.

IMOO
Re: Why Must You Shout While Praying? by Nobody: 9:01am On Nov 26, 2014
Atimes, you can't control it...especially when you are desperately in need of something and it seems your prayers are not being answered, even though it is...you may even end up crying

1 Like

Re: Why Must You Shout While Praying? by Geeblaze4(f): 9:41am On Nov 26, 2014
Valued:
Atimes, you can't control it...especially when you are desperately in need of something and it seems your prayers are not being answered, even though it is...you may even end up crying
so true...some are carried away cause that's where the shoe pinches,they have to cry loud for God to take away their pain.

1 Like

Re: Why Must You Shout While Praying? by Nobody: 10:04am On Nov 26, 2014
Since we all know Christianity has its roots in Judaism..so shouting means shabach in Hebrew

4. Shabach
Shabach means, "to shout, to address in
a loud tone, to command, to triumph."
Ps 47:1
O clap your hands, all peoples; shout
(shabach) to God with the voice of joy (or
triumph).
Ps 145:4
One generation shall praise (shabach)
thy works to another and declare thy
mighty acts.
Isa 12:6
Cry aloud and shout (shabach) for joy, O
inhabitant of Zion, For great in your
midst is the Holy One of Israel.
Other references:
Ps 63:1-4
Ps.117:1
Ps 35:27
Ps 106:47

2 Likes

Re: Why Must You Shout While Praying? by lilmax(m): 11:04am On Nov 26, 2014
I don't like it
Re: Why Must You Shout While Praying? by briantext(m): 9:16am On Nov 27, 2014
efedua:
sigh! I was..
I don't get you
Re: Why Must You Shout While Praying? by idumuose(m): 10:42am On Nov 27, 2014
Hannah(if i get the spelling right) prayed silently and God answered her prayers.
Re: Why Must You Shout While Praying? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Nov 27, 2014
briantext:

I don't get you
but I just said I was.sure you wrote proudly Mormons
Re: Why Must You Shout While Praying? by Laygos(m): 8:25pm On Nov 27, 2014
efedua:
but I just said I was.sure you wrote proudly Mormons

What is mormons sef?
Re: Why Must You Shout While Praying? by benodic: 8:40pm On Nov 27, 2014
seriously, Christians have a lot to learn.
Re: Why Must You Shout While Praying? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Nov 27, 2014
Laygos:

What is mormons sef?
LDS

(1) (Reply)

Recommend A Good Church For Me. / The Chronology Of The Other Religion / Does God Really Answers Prayer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.